Messages

Forum Index : NFL Betting : Messages
Author: [NFL Betting] Topic: NFL Rules committee doing their best to destroy the NFL
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 20863
Location: United States
#1
Posted: 3/20/2013 1:18:31 PM
the rule that it is 15 yards to hit a defenseless receiver is the dumbest rule in sports.  not because it should be ok to blast a defenseless receiver but because the way it is applied by the terrible refs.  basically, a defenseless receiver (one who just caught a ball, has his back turned to the defender, etc) gets hit on most completed pass plays.  the refs seem to only throw the flag when it's a good hit.  it's ridiculous how it's applied.  it basically just punishes better defenders.

now there is a rule that the running back can't lower his head, or something, which they do on just about every running play at some point.  you know the refs are going to darn this up.  it will end up punishing the better runners who lower their head and put a good hit on a defender while they ignore it when a runner does it and nothing happens. 

this is similar to government friggin up our country.  the more rules, the more the idiots applying the rules will darn it up and the worse things get.
quote
FlashThatUUU
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
FlashThatUUU
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2096
Location: Virginia
#2
Posted: 3/21/2013 3:36:48 AM
This Is probably won of the worst rules ever. Now their even trying to prevent skill players from hitting. Pretty soon they'll be playing flag football
quote
mafioso send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
mafioso
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1365
Location: California
#3
Posted: 3/21/2013 5:49:04 AM

LOL I can see it now, 40 seconds to go, QB hits wide receiver and Wide Receiver breaks a couple of tackles and is gone. One guy left in the secondary comes to lay a tackle at around the 12 yard line, Wide Out leads with his helmet gets called for a 15 yard penalty, Instead of breaking that tackle and taking it to the house, Now there is 23 seconds to go and its 1st and 10 at 27 yard line.

Wait till it happens and the spread is in question talk about getting

quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 32549
Location: New York
#4
Posted: 3/21/2013 12:10:33 PM
wish they would just let them wear purses and flags
quote
Skubishack send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Skubishack
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 14624
Location: Antarctica
#5
Posted: 4/2/2013 7:14:47 AM
I'm sure that Miami will get fined for taking the helmet off of thier Dolphin logo.
quote
NoDice send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
NoDice
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 207
Location: Ohio
#6
Posted: 4/4/2013 12:05:30 AM

U guys don't know why the rules are being put in place? Well the nice cover up is the safety of the players. However, everyone knows this is a natural instinct for a lot of running backs so this could be called on several occasions. It will depend how the refs call the grey area or in other words; Another option for Vegas to control the outcome to cover spreads/over unders.

Just as its a natural reaction for a defensive player to do what he was trained to do his entire life...tackle & be aggressive. More BS and another reason to stay away from games where a lot of money is wagered.

Think what you want my friends but the FIX is on!

BOL to everyone and the memories that will forever be engraved about getting bent over at the end of a game thanks to this new stupid rule.

Ruffing the Running back will be the next rule implemented...lol

quote
mafioso send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
mafioso
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1365
Location: California
#7
Posted: 4/4/2013 3:55:40 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by NoDice:

U guys don't know why the rules are being put in place? Well the nice cover up is the safety of the players. However, everyone knows this is a natural instinct for a lot of running backs so this could be called on several occasions. It will depend how the refs call the grey area or in other words; Another option for Vegas to control the outcome to cover spreads/over unders.

Just as its a natural reaction for a defensive player to do what he was trained to do his entire life...tackle & be aggressive. More BS and another reason to stay away from games where a lot of money is wagered.

Think what you want my friends but the FIX is on!

BOL to everyone and the memories that will forever be engraved about getting bent over at the end of a game thanks to this new stupid rule.

Ruffing the Running back will be the next rule implemented...lol

Couldn't agree more

quote
NoDice send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
NoDice
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 207
Location: Ohio
#8
Posted: 4/7/2013 5:15:30 AM

Maybe we can get those replacement refs out there again. I loved having a 4200 swing because the refs called a clear interception a touchdown at the end of the game....Then they review the call and apparently the ref was offered too much money by an outside source to confirm it a TD. This meant it didn't matter anymore what was real and Vegas now has/had the power to not only cover a game but also change the outcome entirely. I feel like I could have showed that replay to a class of kindergarteners and they would have had a 100% consensus that "the guy in the green caught the ball" Nice choke job ref then disappear with your stash of 

a little off topic here I know but I feel like there is already enough penetration going on without any lube to take anymore of a pounding

Not the refs on this one but that declined safety took 3-6months off my life prolly. It was nice seeing those points taken off the scoreboard because Jim Harbough was offered a decent cash bag if he would just win the game and allow the other team to cover. I know why he declined it but Cheese and Rice!

I can laugh about it now as I had a great season overall but I felt like more BS happened to some games last year that was just beyond words of expression

This new rule is expected shorten a football cappers life expectancy by 3-12months next year alone

 

quote
Nicos send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Nicos
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 79
Location:
#9
Posted: 4/11/2013 11:03:23 AM
I couldn't agree more. Can't see where this ends as they've discussed ditching the helmets as they probably cause more brain injuries than they protect just like boxing gloves (which were designed to prevent broken hands). Have you seen how ugly pro rugby players are?? Would love to know what the NFLPA membership thought of that!
quote
budwiser send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
budwiser
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 5884
Location:
#10
Posted: 4/12/2013 5:41:27 AM
Roger Goodell.

Guy is paranoid about getting sued.

He's also unhappy there might be sports betting on the NFL in Jersey-not because he cares, but because the NFL isn't getting a piece of the action.

In other words, it seems to me more about $ than giving a sh!t about the players.  A running back is gonna get killed if he can't lean forward, I would think.
quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 20863
Location: United States
#11
Posted: 4/12/2013 10:36:34 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by budwiser:

Roger Goodell.

Guy is paranoid about getting sued.

He's also unhappy there might be sports betting on the NFL in Jersey-not because he cares, but because the NFL isn't getting a piece of the action.

In other words, it seems to me more about $ than giving a sh!t about the players.  A running back is gonna get killed if he can't lean forward, I would think.


i would think it definitely exposes them to more knee injuries. 
quote
thorpe send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thorpe
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 8924
Location:
#12
Posted: 4/23/2013 5:56:39 PM
I'd rather see a 15 yard penalty than a player carted off the field.

quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 20863
Location: United States
#13
Posted: 4/23/2013 6:57:25 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by thorpe:

I'd rather see a 15 yard penalty than a player carted off the field.



my guess is you'll see more players carted off the field with knee injuries since they now have less ability to protect themselves.  i also think you'll see a lot of stupid 15 yard penalties that will make the game worse which seems to be the trend. 
quote
thorpe send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thorpe
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 8924
Location:
#14
Posted: 4/24/2013 9:29:38 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ClubDirt:



my guess is you'll see more players carted off the field with knee injuries since they now have less ability to protect themselves.  i also think you'll see a lot of stupid 15 yard penalties that will make the game worse which seems to be the trend. 

Don't read into the rule for the RB.  It is only when they run wide and they initiate a head butt.  It probably will be flagged 2 times a year. If a RB runs up the middle, the rule doesn't apply.  If he doesn't use his helmet as a weapon, it doesn't apply.


quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 20863
Location: United States
#15
Posted: 4/24/2013 12:33:25 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by thorpe:


Don't read into the rule for the RB.  It is only when they run wide and they initiate a head butt.  It probably will be flagged 2 times a year. If a RB runs up the middle, the rule doesn't apply.  If he doesn't use his helmet as a weapon, it doesn't apply.




based on how i've seen the refs implement the new 15 yard penalty rules, i have zero faith in them not friggin this one up like the rest of them.
quote
Forum Index : NFL Betting : Messages
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.