Joe Flacco now HIGHEST paid player in NFL history ($120.6M/six years)

Forum: NFL Betting Page 2 of 2  1 2  
Author: [NFL Betting] Topic: Joe Flacco now HIGHEST paid player in NFL history ($120.6M/six years)
thorpe PM thorpe
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 10560
 
thorpe
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/18/2013 1:34:55 PM
Flacco throws a 20 mil dollar deep ball. 
Biscuiteater1 PM Biscuiteater1
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 15934
Virginia
 
Biscuiteater1
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/21/2013 9:08:30 AM
How many qb's have won more games in the last 5 years than Joe, hmm.He came within a dropped pass of being in the s.b. last year.
supotsichekwa PM supotsichekwa
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 52
 
supotsichekwa
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/29/2013 7:52:39 AM
he is completely overpaid. i dont understand why the management invested heavily on this guy. yea sure he had a good season but its a bigtime gamble doing this deal.
GunShard PM GunShard
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1524
United States
 
GunShard
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/30/2013 1:21:36 AM
That Ravens loss at Jaguars seasons ago. Made Flacco look like a garbage QB.
Biscuiteater1 PM Biscuiteater1
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 15934
Virginia
 
Biscuiteater1
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/30/2013 7:39:04 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by GunShard:

That Ravens loss at Jaguars seasons ago. Made Flacco look like a garbage QB.
That garbage is smelling like roses now.
AfadeAday PM AfadeAday
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 331
 
AfadeAday
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/30/2013 3:29:25 PM
People act like he's going to be the highest paid player ever, it's about to get eclipsed by better qb's very soon.  Saying Flacco's overpaid is like saying any other pro athlete is overpaid, of course they all are.  It's just about the timing of when you get paid.

Biscuiteater1 PM Biscuiteater1
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 15934
Virginia
 
Biscuiteater1
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/30/2013 3:43:15 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by AfadeAday:

People act like he's going to be the highest paid player ever, it's about to get eclipsed by better qb's very soon.  Saying Flacco's overpaid is like saying any other pro athlete is overpaid, of course they all are.  It's just about the timing of when you get paid.

He's better than most and not far behind the rest.
MikeMed PM MikeMed
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 2530
United States
 
MikeMed
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/30/2013 6:04:37 PM
This was just a flat out ridiculous signing. They did this about year after Drew Brees  signed for a little less...Brees is obviously a much more productive QB. I think Flacco probably gets less than 15 MIL if the Ravens lose the 1st play off game and maybe 10-12 MIL if they dont make the playoffs. He made some good throws especially deep throws in that playoff stretch. But to pay him what they did is rewarding him at least 5 MIL per year for what was a team effort. His O-Line did a great job as well during that stretch and the blocking, receivers getting open, lack of turnovers and just good football was being played by the Raven offense. Remember this team barely made the playoffs....This team does not make the playoffs next year I think. Aaron Rodgers will now get 25 MIL due to this signing but I think this 20MIL + thing will not continue for long except for elite QB's (Top 5)   No way does another guy who has been a top 10 - top 15 QB sign for Flacco bucks for quite sometime. I bet the Ravens front office already regrets it and other G.M.'s around the league were laughing about it.......No way does Flacco play out this contract...He will be cut when his average play leads his team to average records. He will not have the kind of "D" he has been accustomed to and they will be limited to sign great players as they already over paid their QB.
Biscuiteater1 PM Biscuiteater1
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 15934
Virginia
 
Biscuiteater1
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/30/2013 6:31:08 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MikeMed:

This was just a flat out ridiculous signing. They did this about year after Drew Brees  signed for a little less...Brees is obviously a much more productive QB. I think Flacco probably gets less than 15 MIL if the Ravens lose the 1st play off game and maybe 10-12 MIL if they dont make the playoffs. He made some good throws especially deep throws in that playoff stretch. But to pay him what they did is rewarding him at least 5 MIL per year for what was a team effort. His O-Line did a great job as well during that stretch and the blocking, receivers getting open, lack of turnovers and just good football was being played by the Raven offense. Remember this team barely made the playoffs....This team does not make the playoffs next year I think. Aaron Rodgers will now get 25 MIL due to this signing but I think this 20MIL + thing will not continue for long except for elite QB's (Top 5)   No way does another guy who has been a top 10 - top 15 QB sign for Flacco bucks for quite sometime. I bet the Ravens front office already regrets it and other G.M.'s around the league were laughing about it.......No way does Flacco play out this contract...He will be cut when his average play leads his team to average records. He will not have the kind of "D" he has been accustomed to and they will be limited to sign great players as they already over paid their QB.
Of course they will make the playoffs next year.
Biscuiteater1 PM Biscuiteater1
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 15934
Virginia
 
Biscuiteater1
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/31/2013 1:11:53 AM
I think the contract Romo just signed actually pays more than Flacco.
snake2710 PM snake2710
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 15724
New Zealand
 
snake2710
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/4/2013 10:59:19 PM
just wait and see what he does this year. Should be interesting if he plays as well having lost a lot of good players
jefff PM jefff
Joined: May 1999
Posts: 2428
Texas
 
jefff
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/6/2013 9:14:16 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Biscuiteater1:

I think the contract Romo just signed actually pays more than Flacco.


yep.  no state income taxes in Texas so Romo's take home is bigger.  what a joke.  Tony's a good QB but he's only around the 10th (i just threw a number out there) best qb in the league
vaas187 PM vaas187
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2046
Ontario
 
vaas187
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/18/2013 3:00:40 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by earthWake:


Everything you state is opinion. Everything I state was fact.

There are so many flaws in your argument, i don't know where to begin

don't be so nieve though...opinion or not, it doesn't take a scientist to understand fundamentals 
Biscuiteater1 PM Biscuiteater1
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 15934
Virginia
 
Biscuiteater1
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/18/2013 3:29:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Spartacus10:


What I said wasn't opinion, it was facts.
They sure did not have a top 5 defense this year.
Biscuiteater1 PM Biscuiteater1
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 15934
Virginia
 
Biscuiteater1
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/18/2013 3:31:49 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Skubishack:

"Chuck it up" Flacco.

Never been a luckier guy chucking up balls for miracle plays.

Awful decisions for luck that will not last.

Yes he
s the only qb that throws the ball to his receiver expecting them to make a catch.Good grief.
Champipple PM Champipple
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 14
 
Champipple
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/19/2013 1:08:02 PM
I thought it was 'Jump Ball Joe'.
Forum: NFL Betting Page 2 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.