give me an argument against the packers next week

Forum: NFL Betting Page 4 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
Author: [NFL Betting] Topic: give me an argument against the packers next week
forkball PM forkball
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 562
Cayman Islands
 
forkball
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/8/2013 10:08:41 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Alax14:

Why Green Bay Will Lose at SF:

1. GROUND GAME
San Fran has a far better running game than GB. They took care of them already this season in GB, and that was without a mobile QB- a new wrinkle GB now has to prepare for. This will limit Aaron Rogers time on the field, and grind clock.

2. O-No O Line
GB is 31st in the league, allowing 4.2 sacks per game on the road. Gonna be hard to keep Rogers upright, and with a limited run game, you know they will have to have Rogers throwing often to keep them in this game.

3. Justin Smith?
If he does return the way he is supposed to, expect him to make life even more difficult as he is a key asset to 49ers pass rush. Might not get a lot of sacks but he keeps things chaotic and forces QBs to make mistakes.

4. Look to the Past
In their previous meeting, GB had ONE offensive touchdown, and it came with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter when the game was well out of reach. The 9ers will be ready for this one, and Harbaugh's postseason record at home speaks for itself.

My only concerns with this game are Kapernick being jittery as it his first playoff start. GB also gained 324 yards in their loss to SF at home, but failed to put up many points. Rogers will have to be near flawless, cuz this SF offense is nothing like Minnesota's anemic Joe Webb lead team.

KAP WONT BE AN ISSUE AS HE IS NOT THE KEY TO THEIR SUCCESS.  SAME CAN BE SAID WHEN SMITH WAS QB...JUST MANAGE THE GAME.  THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO IS BETTER ARM AND SPEED WHICH IS HUGE FOR SF.  THE DEFENSE WILL DICTATE THE OUTCOME ONE WAY OR THE OTHER FOR THE NINERS. 

TO POINT #2, RODGERS JUST ISN'T FAST ENOUGH AND SFS DBS ARE EXCELLENT IN MAN COVERAGE. 

tonyrome PM tonyrome
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 2505
United States
 
tonyrome
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/8/2013 10:21:52 PM
here are 4...
defense wins championships
gb no run game
sf defense 
sf at home
and all that to say...it will all come down to kaepernick...and if he doesn't choke this week...he will next.
His good....but not ready for this.
98ITR PM 98ITR
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4870
Ontario
 
98ITR
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 12:15:02 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Alax14:

Why Green Bay Will Lose at SF:

1. GROUND GAME
San Fran has a far better running game than GB. They took care of them already this season in GB, and that was without a mobile QB- a new wrinkle GB now has to prepare for. This will limit Aaron Rogers time on the field, and grind clock.

2. O-No O Line
GB is 31st in the league, allowing 4.2 sacks per game on the road. Gonna be hard to keep Rogers upright, and with a limited run game, you know they will have to have Rogers throwing often to keep them in this game.

3. Justin Smith?
If he does return the way he is supposed to, expect him to make life even more difficult as he is a key asset to 49ers pass rush. Might not get a lot of sacks but he keeps things chaotic and forces QBs to make mistakes.

4. Look to the Past
In their previous meeting, GB had ONE offensive touchdown, and it came with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter when the game was well out of reach. The 9ers will be ready for this one, and Harbaugh's postseason record at home speaks for itself.

My only concerns with this game are Kapernick being jittery as it his first playoff start. GB also gained 324 yards in their loss to SF at home, but failed to put up many points. Rogers will have to be near flawless, cuz this SF offense is nothing like Minnesota's anemic Joe Webb lead team.

Harbaugh's post season home record is 1-1. Unless you want to count all those bowl games we won at Stanford and as a QB with Indy. 

Packers only advantage is @ QB and Secondary. Everything else is in favour of the 9ers or even. 

Packers weakness is definitely there rush defense but look at what they did to AP last week after 400 yards in previous 2 meetings. They didn't let him get to the edge where AP torched them. 

I watched a bit of the Week 1 game and if I am not mistaken Gore torched the Packers in between the tackles. I am sure McCarthy has a plan for that this time around. 

The key is stopping SF running game because I am sure Harbaugh will run some option plays with Kaepernick. If McCarthy cannot figure it out the Pack are done.  
7RINGS PM 7RINGS
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 361
Philippines
 
7RINGS
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 4:53:50 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Stevedore:

San Francisco? Seattle is hostile and Atlanta is no walk in the park, but candlestick park is far from hostile.
have u been to a niner game? dont u know that people get stabbed, shot and robbed at candlestick park?
mtbaker PM mtbaker
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 10061
British
              Columbia
 
mtbaker
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 5:05:22 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by LM5545:

Can't............it's not about handicapping in this one........it's strictly about your luck as in most playoff games. 

that's just lame

good teams step up in the playoffs, your capping should too

Michfan15 PM Michfan15
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 10908
New York
 
Michfan15
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/10/2013 11:47:18 PM
the giants loss is still fresh in san frans mind they will be hungrier than the packers who have won it all recently


capperator PM capperator
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1948
Fiji
 
capperator
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/11/2013 12:14:06 AM
Green Bay won't be able to control the line of scrimmage
eeks PM eeks
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 96
 
eeks
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/11/2013 3:04:43 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by avrgsr:


Far from hostile? 

No disrespect bro but you will see this Sat...

Hahaha!! U must be thinking bout the 80's. Times have changed. I am a season ticket holder and can tell u, it is 75% gang bangers in the crowd these days. We had more murders in the parking lot than the Raiders last few years
Adastrauss PM Adastrauss
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 133
California
 
Adastrauss
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/11/2013 3:11:47 AM
it depends on them
7RINGS PM 7RINGS
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 361
Philippines
 
7RINGS
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/11/2013 3:19:53 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by eeks:


Hahaha!! U must be thinking bout the 80's. Times have changed. I am a season ticket holder and can tell u, it is 75% gang bangers in the crowd these days. We had more murders in the parking lot than the Raiders last few years
i dont get where people have this idea that sf is soft. every game ive been to, the opposing teams fans have been beat down in the parking lot or in the restrooms. maybe its a good thing we are moving to santa clara because candlestick is GHETTO.
awwryte PM awwryte
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 554
 
awwryte
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/11/2013 4:39:28 AM
Sf cant even beat st louis
Posted using a mobile device.
iamnotpeterose PM iamnotpeterose
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 258
 
iamnotpeterose
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/11/2013 8:20:46 AM

 The bottom line is sf is a much better team in every respect except qb.  Rogers is by far the best qb in football and kappy is a bottom tier qb.  Do you buy the fact that Rogers greatness overshadows home field, a much better running game and much better d.  I think I buy it and am leaning towards Gb
eeks PM eeks
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 96
 
eeks
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/11/2013 9:24:29 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 7RINGS:

i dont get where people have this idea that sf is soft. every game ive been to, the opposing teams fans have been beat down in the parking lot or in the restrooms. maybe its a good thing we are moving to santa clara because candlestick is GHETTO.

Dont think that moving to Santa Clara will change anything as the vast majority of season ticket holders are actually from San Jose not SF
tmpeus78 PM tmpeus78
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 26206
Wisconsin
 
tmpeus78
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/11/2013 10:29:06 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by forty9ersfan80:

gb has a bad defense 
no running game
bad oline
gave up 34 to minn a week before they won in unimpressive fashion last week against a terrible backup qb

sf has a great rushing attack
kapernick who runs the read option which gb couldnt stop joe webb from doing
crabtree is a beast
aldon smith


Wow great stats. Please look at the stats of GB's running game when they won the SB in 2010. This year is no different.  When you have Rodgers and the top receiving core in the league you don't need a top tier running game.  Would it help? Yes of course, but that will not decide this game.  

Your team couldn't even beat the 7-9 Rams  Not to mention you got absolutely girl slapped by Seattle. 
ad1260 PM ad1260
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 8008
Texas
 
ad1260
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/11/2013 10:39:27 AM
I think Aaron Rodgers is just too hot to bet against right now IMO 
tmpeus78 PM tmpeus78
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 26206
Wisconsin
 
tmpeus78
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/11/2013 10:42:20 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by vetdrm:



Hostile Environment ??  They grill salmon.


eeks PM eeks
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 96
 
eeks
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/11/2013 3:29:37 PM
We cooking Lobster!! Got a problem wit dat???
Posted using a mobile device.
BetsUnlimited PM BetsUnlimited
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2324
 
BetsUnlimited
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/11/2013 5:40:17 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by hellahigh:

Theyre going into a hostile environment

Saaaaay whaaaa?  I live in Reno and attend many o niners games and from my experiences i would say that Candlestick is faaaar from hostile. 

Macwestie1 PM Macwestie1
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 101007
Ontario
 
Macwestie1
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/11/2013 6:15:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by vetdrm:



Hostile Environment ??  They grill salmon.

too funny!
hellahigh PM hellahigh
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 65
 
hellahigh
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/13/2013 11:41:28 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by avrgsr:


Far from hostile? 

No disrespect bro but you will see this Sat...

did you see it
hellahigh PM hellahigh
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 65
 
hellahigh
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/13/2013 11:48:05 AM
if you haven't been to a niner you don't know a damn thing. the battle of the bay was cancelled after last year's  game in san francisco and it wasn't from food poisoning due to bad fish. 
riq PM riq
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 781
California
 
riq
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/13/2013 2:12:01 PM
So what happened, I missed it...
eeks PM eeks
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 96
 
eeks
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/13/2013 11:11:52 PM
Niners wooped azz
92 ejections
68 fights in stands

Yea...not hostile...
Posted using a mobile device.
7RINGS PM 7RINGS
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 361
Philippines
 
7RINGS
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/14/2013 12:36:39 AM
these elmer fudd cheese heads have no clue coming from a farm...
stopweeping PM stopweeping
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1290
Virgin Islands
              USA
 
stopweeping
Participation Meter
quote#100
Posted: 1/14/2013 6:54:02 AM
Hey where did this guy go?
Posted using a mobile device.
Forum: NFL Betting Page 4 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.