How to Create Steady Monthly Income from Betting on Sports

Forum: NFL Betting Page 12 of 21 «  10 11 12 13 14   »
Author: [NFL Betting] Topic: How to Create Steady Monthly Income from Betting on Sports
SportsMavin PM SportsMavin
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 5295
 
SportsMavin
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#276
Posted: 1/5/2013 9:20:43 AM
I am re - posting the picks from 31st of December:

Final:
WASHINGTON Redskins  +3  (-120)  120$

This matchup favors the Skins. If the game was in Seattle - I might have taken a different approach. But this particular game is going the Skins' way. RG3 and Wilson have lot in common. They're both mobile and have a strong arm. But that is where it stops. RG3 is way more creative kind of a QB. He is an NFL darling and Seattle knows that after getting a preferable treatment throughout the whole season - it will be no more. The Skins will practice whole week against the Seahawks alike offense and the Seahawks will do the same, but the edge of creativeness is important and that is something you can't practice against. Seattle defense that has been solid this season - will not contain healthier RG3 and healthier he will get as he young and full of motivation.

Final:
Parlay Double Play: HOUSTON Texans ML + GB Packers ML  (-112)  224$
SportsMavin PM SportsMavin
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 5295
 
SportsMavin
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#277
Posted: 1/5/2013 9:30:43 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Mrjayhawk3:

I always get tempted with parlays and teasers, and lose my money. This weekend I have texans/gb ML, Wash +3 and Ind +7...I know I shouldn't do it but when you see bet $100 to win $960 you get excited. How do you stay so grounded and disciplined?
Once you complete the full cycle (week>month> year without depositing the money and  your only worries become - will the books limit my account? How big of a withdrawal I can make at once? Why it takes so long for the money to reach my bank account?CC acc? ) you'd never want to go back to the old times. Once you sit down and check the deposit/withdrawal history on your members space at the book and finally you see that you're getting a positive number - That is when you force yourself to be disciplined. Part of my discipline drill is coming in here and trying to implement that discipline into you/others. Discipline and money mqanagement is the key. Otherwise - if you look back - you always winning more games than you lose and the only time you start to make the money is when you do what I say here. And I did not discover America. No. Those things are known by every person who is engaged in this business. The trick is doing it right - choosing the right plays, staying disciplined with you bankroll and sticking to your predefined plan. That way the gambling becomes a Handicapping!
jimmythejap PM jimmythejap
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 1199
 
jimmythejap
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#278
Posted: 1/5/2013 9:41:20 AM
GL this weekend S.M. any total leans thanks
jpaco PM jpaco
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 282
 
jpaco
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#279
Posted: 1/5/2013 9:47:21 AM
mavin sorry but im new and dont know what u mean when u put ML on your picks
shinstrike PM shinstrike
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 53
 
shinstrike
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#280
Posted: 1/5/2013 10:23:34 AM
ML stands for money line. Just like parlay, its another form of betting.
Posted using a mobile device.
Holdieinone PM Holdieinone
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 192
 
Holdieinone
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#281
Posted: 1/5/2013 11:19:48 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jpaco:

mavin sorry but im new and dont know what u mean when u put ML on your picks

Jpaco-

ML refers to Money line.......normally you make a bet with the pointspread (example- Green Bay Packers -7.5  $110 to win $100 and the Packers have to win by 8 for you to win your $100).  With the Moneyline (ML) the site will read -450, which means that you have to risk $450 to win $100 on the Packers straight up.  The Packers just have to win the game, not cover any amount of points.  This is risky as you can see because if the opposing, underdog team wins the game outright, then you are out $450.  Hope that helped clear it up.........
nattstrodamous PM nattstrodamous
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 17
 
nattstrodamous
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#282
Posted: 1/5/2013 11:34:44 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SportsMavin:

I am re - posting the picks from 31st of December:

Final:
WASHINGTON Redskins  +3  (-120)  120$

This matchup favors the Skins. If the game was in Seattle - I might have taken a different approach. But this particular game is going the Skins' way. RG3 and Wilson have lot in common. They're both mobile and have a strong arm. But that is where it stops. RG3 is way more creative kind of a QB. He is an NFL darling and Seattle knows that after getting a preferable treatment throughout the whole season - it will be no more. The Skins will practice whole week against the Seahawks alike offense and the Seahawks will do the same, but the edge of creativeness is important and that is something you can't practice against. Seattle defense that has been solid this season - will not contain healthier RG3 and healthier he will get as he young and full of motivation.

Final:
Parlay Double Play: HOUSTON Texans ML + GB Packers ML  (-112)  224$


the Texans ML + Packers ML   are you betting $224 to win $200 ?
jpaco PM jpaco
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 282
 
jpaco
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#283
Posted: 1/5/2013 11:45:45 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Holdieinone:


Jpaco-

ML refers to Money line.......normally you make a bet with the pointspread (example- Green Bay Packers -7.5  $110 to win $100 and the Packers have to win by 8 for you to win your $100).  With the Moneyline (ML) the site will read -450, which means that you have to risk $450 to win $100 on the Packers straight up.  The Packers just have to win the game, not cover any amount of points.  This is risky as you can see because if the opposing, underdog team wins the game outright, then you are out $450.  Hope that helped clear it up.........

tnx and totally cleared it up to me.. sucks my local bookie dont do ML only point spread
SportsMavin PM SportsMavin
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 5295
 
SportsMavin
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#284
Posted: 1/5/2013 11:50:17 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by nattstrodamous:



the Texans ML + Packers ML   are you betting $224 to win $200 ?
Well, those odds were on 31st - when I published the posts here. Now I believe you'll have to pay 230$ to win 200$
SportsMavin PM SportsMavin
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 5295
 
SportsMavin
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#285
Posted: 1/5/2013 1:56:59 PM
Final:
HOUSTON Texans - CINCINNATI Bengals Under 42.5 (-110)  110$

I can see the Texans getting ahead and then taking long drives advancing first down after first down killing the clock pretty early in the game. The Bengals too have to exploit their running game to have a shot here. Stay tuned for the half time as well.
idle_havoc PM idle_havoc
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3646
 
idle_havoc
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#286
Posted: 1/5/2013 2:04:12 PM
BOL SM 
Gaulstone78 PM Gaulstone78
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 78
 
Gaulstone78
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#287
Posted: 1/5/2013 2:11:39 PM

my book (SIA) offers aaron rodgers over under 15.5 rsh yds. I'm not typically a props player but I will tell you when he doesn't see a receiver he sure as hell doesnt hesitate to run. He will probably get that well before the half. just a thought

 

SportsMavin PM SportsMavin
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 5295
 
SportsMavin
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#288
Posted: 1/5/2013 2:14:58 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Gaulstone78:

my book (SIA) offers aaron rodgers over under 15.5 rsh yds. I'm not typically a props player but I will tell you when he doesn't see a receiver he sure as hell doesnt hesitate to run. He will probably get that well before the half. just a thought

 

How about the sacks. Are they calculated as well as part of the rushing yards as a minus figure at your book?
ridibets PM ridibets
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 682
 
ridibets
Participation Meter
Rookie
quote#289
Posted: 1/5/2013 2:33:50 PM
isnt sacks counted against passing yards?
Gaulstone78 PM Gaulstone78
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 78
 
Gaulstone78
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#290
Posted: 1/5/2013 2:37:10 PM

Good question Mavin. No I looked into it and it said qb sack yds have no impact on rush yds. Warning: I am a GB fan so i could be accused of betting with my heart but I trust A Rodg to make wise decisions.

CanadaCup PM CanadaCup
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 9418
 
CanadaCup
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#291
Posted: 1/5/2013 2:51:30 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SportsMavin:

I am re - posting the picks from 31st of December:

Final:
WASHINGTON Redskins  +3  (-120)  120$

This matchup favors the Skins. If the game was in Seattle - I might have taken a different approach. But this particular game is going the Skins' way. RG3 and Wilson have lot in common. They're both mobile and have a strong arm. But that is where it stops. RG3 is way more creative kind of a QB. He is an NFL darling and Seattle knows that after getting a preferable treatment throughout the whole season - it will be no more. The Skins will practice whole week against the Seahawks alike offense and the Seahawks will do the same, but the edge of creativeness is important and that is something you can't practice against. Seattle defense that has been solid this season - will not contain healthier RG3 and healthier he will get as he young and full of motivation.

Final:
Parlay Double Play: HOUSTON Texans ML + GB Packers ML  (-112)  224$

BOL SportsMavin

manstar10 PM manstar10
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1786
 
manstar10
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#292
Posted: 1/5/2013 3:12:15 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SportsMavin:

I am re - posting the picks from 31st of December:

Final:
WASHINGTON Redskins  +3  (-120)  120$

This matchup favors the Skins. If the game was in Seattle - I might have taken a different approach. But this particular game is going the Skins' way. RG3 and Wilson have lot in common. They're both mobile and have a strong arm. But that is where it stops. RG3 is way more creative kind of a QB. He is an NFL darling and Seattle knows that after getting a preferable treatment throughout the whole season - it will be no more. The Skins will practice whole week against the Seahawks alike offense and the Seahawks will do the same, but the edge of creativeness is important and that is something you can't practice against. Seattle defense that has been solid this season - will not contain healthier RG3 and healthier he will get as he young and full of motivation.

Final:
Parlay Double Play: HOUSTON Texans ML + GB Packers ML  (-112)  224$

 

ima make the same parley as you for 4 units as well. $200 on texans and packers ml parley!! lets get this!   

manstar10 PM manstar10
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1786
 
manstar10
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#293
Posted: 1/5/2013 3:21:15 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SportsMavin:

Final:
HOUSTON Texans - CINCINNATI Bengals Under 42.5 (-110)  110$

I can see the Texans getting ahead and then taking long drives advancing first down after first down killing the clock pretty early in the game. The Bengals too have to exploit their running game to have a shot here. Stay tuned for the half time as well.

ahh. scratch that first bet i said. bookie doesnt allow moneyline parleys. looks like il just be throwin a few units on the under. lets get this!!

frank3blacn0 PM frank3blacn0
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 30
 
frank3blacn0
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#294
Posted: 1/5/2013 3:48:24 PM
you see the line has gone down from GB -10 to GB -8 what does that mean to you besides a lot of money coming in on MIN
SportsMavin PM SportsMavin
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 5295
 
SportsMavin
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#295
Posted: 1/5/2013 4:20:06 PM
Not much Frank. I'm not playing a spread on GB, so I don't care. GL
oreooreo1 PM oreooreo1
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 619
 
oreooreo1
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#296
Posted: 1/5/2013 4:38:47 PM
Why don't you use an online sports book Manstar? I use three of them.
Posted using a mobile device.
idiot_savant PM idiot_savant
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 527
 
idiot_savant
Participation Meter
Rookie
quote#297
Posted: 1/5/2013 5:08:48 PM
3 points only after 1st quarter. 
oreooreo1 PM oreooreo1
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 619
 
oreooreo1
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#298
Posted: 1/5/2013 5:10:35 PM
Get first quarter for your under play Mavin! Let's bring this thing in!
Posted using a mobile device.
SportsMavin PM SportsMavin
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 5295
 
SportsMavin
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#299
Posted: 1/5/2013 5:39:01 PM
Is Andre Johnson too on the Under with us? Interesting...
JEG53 PM JEG53
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 21562
 
JEG53
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
quote#300
Posted: 1/5/2013 5:40:18 PM
Hey Mavin,how are you,
hey I missed the start of Houston,I saw you mention something at HT,you see anything coming up in that one?
Forum: NFL Betting Page 12 of 21 «  10 11 12 13 14   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.