Messages

Forum Index : Covers NFL Betting : Messages Page 2 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [NFL Betting] Topic: Rothlisberger will never play again!
mattbrot send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mattbrot
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5563
Location: United States
#26
Posted: 11/15/2012 6:43:08 PM
The difference is that he has medical access that is second to none and money is not an issue.  

But I did hear a report today that a potential fear with this injury is that if he is jarred incorrectly that there is risk that the rib could cut the aorta. Probably an extreme scenario. I do not have time to get into an anatomy / physiology discussion here but lets just say that the survival time following a cut aorta can be measured in minutes on one hand and two at the most.

I assume that all involved will proceed very cautiously here.
quote
Rocket25 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Rocket25
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 401
Location: Maryland
#27
Posted: 11/15/2012 6:50:52 PM
This is the dumbest post I've ever read. Not only will he play again, but he will play this year and probably within 3-4 weeks. It's a rare dislocation of a rib but a dislocation is all it is. As soon as the trauma heals at the point of dislocation the rib will seat just as it did before. His chance of this happening again will be no greater than anybody else's.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
csell12793 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
csell12793
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 116
Location:
#28
Posted: 11/15/2012 8:36:47 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Rocket25:

This is the dumbest post I've ever read. Not only will he play again, but he will play this year and probably within 3-4 weeks. It's a rare dislocation of a rib but a dislocation is all it is. As soon as the trauma heals at the point of dislocation the rib will seat just as it did before. His chance of this happening again will be no greater than anybody else's.

Hey Dr. OZ look up Anterior Subluxation of Thoraco Costal Element. Once the cartilage socket has been compromised it will

continue to pop out of place especially if you play football.These injuries happen more in Rugby!  

quote
JackSmack send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
JackSmack
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 11758
Location: South Carolina
#29
Posted: 11/15/2012 11:33:38 PM
He'll be back in a few weeks. Hes Ben Roethlisberger not some dope that sues for more money than hes made his entire life.
quote
middleman820
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetUS.com |
middleman820
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 850
Location: Ohio
#30
Posted: 11/16/2012 2:13:30 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by JackSmack:

He'll be back in a few weeks. Hes Ben Roethlisberger not some dope that sues for more money than hes made his entire life.

GO COC KS

quote
thx4thecookies
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thx4thecookies
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2193
Location: Texas
#31
Posted: 11/16/2012 3:16:08 AM
Good one comparing yourself to Big Ben. Let me guess you have two Super Bowl rings too right? I am very good friends with BR7's agents and agency and I have had the opportunity to meet him a few times. I have conformation he will be back, but its going to take sometime to heal. Luckily is firm was at the game on Monday in PA. 
quote
middleman820
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetUS.com |
middleman820
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 850
Location: Ohio
#32
Posted: 11/16/2012 6:41:37 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by thx4thecookies:

Good one comparing yourself to Big Ben. Let me guess you have two Super Bowl rings too right? I am very good friends with BR7's agents and agency and I have had the opportunity to meet him a few times. I have conformation he will be back, but its going to take sometime to heal. Luckily is firm was at the game on Monday in PA. 
  HOW EASY DO YOU THINK IT IS TO GET A DISLOCATED RIB PUT BACK INTO PLACE? YOUR RIB CAGE IS STATIONARY, A DISLOCATED RIB # 1 IS VERY CLOSE TO YOUR CLAVICLE. I HAVE HAD IT DONE!! THE RISK FOR FURTHER DAMAGE IS GREATLY INCREASED AND IT IS NEAR YOUR AORTA! DOES 2 SUPERBOWL RINGS MAKE HIM DIFFERENT FROM INJURIES? NO DOCTOR IN HIS RIGHT MIND WOULD RELEASE HIM TO PLAY PRO OOTBALL AGAIN WITH THIS RIB INJURY!     
quote
middleman820
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetUS.com |
middleman820
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 850
Location: Ohio
#33
Posted: 11/16/2012 6:51:04 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Rocket25:

This is the dumbest post I've ever read. Not only will he play again, but he will play this year and probably within 3-4 weeks. It's a rare dislocation of a rib but a dislocation is all it is. As soon as the trauma heals at the point of dislocation the rib will seat just as it did before. His chance of this happening again will be no greater than anybody else's.

Do you think that it will be better than ever because it heals. It's very difficult to have a  1 rib that is dislocated inward to move back out into place it took numerous visits for mine to pop back into place.It has since popped back out riding in a car! It doesn't stay in place, the soft tissue has been compromised! I can no longer work as a mason ,I have major discomfort riding in a car! I wish him well but he will not be released to play again? 

quote
middleman820
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetUS.com |
middleman820
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 850
Location: Ohio
#34
Posted: 11/16/2012 6:55:32 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by GoldenGrizz:

Where'd you get your doctorate from?
I am more qualified than any doctor in this matter. I have more experience with this injury,no way he can ever take another hit .  
quote
middleman820
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetUS.com |
middleman820
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 850
Location: Ohio
#35
Posted: 11/16/2012 7:04:45 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mattbrot:

The difference is that he has medical access that is second to none and money is not an issue.  

But I did hear a report today that a potential fear with this injury is that if he is jarred incorrectly that there is risk that the rib could cut the aorta. Probably an extreme scenario. I do not have time to get into an anatomy / physiology discussion here but lets just say that the survival time following a cut aorta can be measured in minutes on one hand and two at the most.

I assume that all involved will proceed very cautiously here.

Mine is a Workers Comp Case and I am now going to Vocational Rehab because I can no longer lift 10 lbs with my right hand for fear of the rib popping out again. I also have rib #1 out like Rothlisberger.I was told there is no surgical options.If any doctor releases him to play again then their IQ would be equal to the morons in this forum that say he'll play again. 

quote
Bucks10 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Bucks10
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 2075
Location:
#36
Posted: 11/16/2012 8:24:46 AM
Ewww the evil rich people....

It's an Obama world out there. 
quote
smoketheeznutz send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
smoketheeznutz
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 284
Location:
#37
Posted: 11/16/2012 10:52:04 AM
just remove the one rib
quote
nuggins send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Caesars Palace |
nuggins
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2573
Location: California
#38
Posted: 11/16/2012 11:01:39 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by middleman820:

I am more qualified than any doctor in this matter. I have more experience with this injury,no way he can ever take another hit .  

more qualified than any doctor?..come on man. now you're taking it a bit far.

i have heriniated discs in my back and did a ton of research and treatments over the years so i know alot but no where close to a trained professional in the field for years

further more...just becuase he has the 'same' injury...it is not the 'same' as yours...

everyone's built differently

GL w/ your case and the healing process 

Ben will be back
quote
danbourbon20 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
danbourbon20
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 58
Location: Illinois
#39
Posted: 11/16/2012 1:08:51 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by dillon24:

Ben seems to have lost a step anyways.. He never used to take those monster hits and now he is.. Kid's being born in 2 weeks or so and It's Pitts defense that continues to give them a chance to win

you couldnt be more wrong.. Bens been carrying that team.  the defense sucks. now theyre fucked
quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 19758
Location: United States
#40
Posted: 11/16/2012 1:16:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by middleman820:

  HOW EASY DO YOU THINK IT IS TO GET A DISLOCATED RIB PUT BACK INTO PLACE? YOUR RIB CAGE IS STATIONARY, A DISLOCATED RIB # 1 IS VERY CLOSE TO YOUR CLAVICLE. I HAVE HAD IT DONE!! THE RISK FOR FURTHER DAMAGE IS GREATLY INCREASED AND IT IS NEAR YOUR AORTA! DOES 2 SUPERBOWL RINGS MAKE HIM DIFFERENT FROM INJURIES? NO DOCTOR IN HIS RIGHT MIND WOULD RELEASE HIM TO PLAY PRO OOTBALL AGAIN WITH THIS RIB INJURY!     


it's not easy when you go to Bob's Health Clinic and Tanning Salon off of highway 71 in ohio in between the waffle house and the check cashing store but ben has some pretty good doctors and rehab specialists working with him.  my guess is he'll be fine.
quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 19758
Location: United States
#41
Posted: 11/16/2012 1:22:19 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by middleman820:

Mine is a Workers Comp Case and I am now going to Vocational Rehab because I can no longer lift 10 lbs with my right hand for fear of the rib popping out again. I also have rib #1 out like Rothlisberger.I was told there is no surgical options.If any doctor releases him to play again then their IQ would be equal to the morons in this forum that say he'll play again. 



no surgical option when workers comp is paying the bill.  ben has options.

i imagine this is the conversation you had with your doctor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNQRqAoT-2c
quote
tonyrome send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
tonyrome
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1912
Location: United States
#42
Posted: 11/16/2012 1:22:21 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ClubDirt:



it's not easy when you go to Bob's Health Clinic and Tanning Salon off of highway 71 in ohio in between the waffle house and the check cashing store but ben has some pretty good doctors and rehab specialists working with him.  my guess is he'll be fine.


Although this is funny, I would not be too quick to discount middleman's opinion.  It is very rare what happened, there is not a lot of cases, so I will guarantee he knows as much about it (if he is telling the truth) than a DOCTOR, but NOT more than a SPECIALIST.

quote
nuggins send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Caesars Palace |
nuggins
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2573
Location: California
#43
Posted: 11/16/2012 1:47:40 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by danbourbon20:


you couldnt be more wrong.. Bens been carrying that team.  the defense sucks. now theyre fucked

the defense Sucks?... 

quote
Bluefin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Bluefin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 7912
Location: Florida
#44
Posted: 11/16/2012 1:54:00 PM
 Mr. Google will return shortly and appear  with a ton of perfectly researched erroneous conclusions...I bet it hurts.
quote
Bodogjoe
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Bodogjoe
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 926
Location:
#45
Posted: 11/16/2012 2:42:35 PM
hey  middle man bet you 65 .00  bucks he plays again....when he comes back  send me  money if he does nt  come back i ll send you money....
quote
theclaw
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
theclaw
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2546
Location:
#46
Posted: 11/16/2012 5:33:26 PM

Pro athletes are on another level of body functions, pretty much every docotor will tell you this, their bodies will heal faster, better and stronger than a average person will.

Docotor even report how amazed they are at how their bodies can respond on an entirely different level than an average person, you can probally google that and read-up on it.

quote
tankstevens send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
tankstevens
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 3011
Location: Christmas
              Islands
#47
Posted: 11/16/2012 9:13:53 PM
whatever...isn't it all about winning money...get to capping. Steelers and the points this week.
quote
middleman820
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetUS.com |
middleman820
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 850
Location: Ohio
#48
Posted: 11/16/2012 10:29:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ClubDirt:



no surgical option when workers comp is paying the bill.  ben has options.

i imagine this is the conversation you had with your doctor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNQRqAoT-2c
They have paid for over $30,000 in medical bills so far.Do you think they want to continue to pay $700 a week for the rest of my life?If there was a surgical solution it would easily be approved.
quote
middleman820
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetUS.com |
middleman820
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 850
Location: Ohio
#49
Posted: 11/16/2012 10:35:57 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by nuggins:


more qualified than any doctor?..come on man. now you're taking it a bit far.

i have heriniated discs in my back and did a ton of research and treatments over the years so i know alot but no where close to a trained professional in the field for years

further more...just becuase he has the 'same' injury...it is not the 'same' as yours...

everyone's built differently

GL w/ your case and the healing process 

Ben will be back
Everyone is built differently? His ribs are different than mine? He has described the exact pain I was in for 3 months!! His rib keeps poping out too! I have felt good in 10 months!!  
quote
middleman820
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetUS.com |
middleman820
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 850
Location: Ohio
#50
Posted: 11/16/2012 10:38:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ClubDirt:



it's not easy when you go to Bob's Health Clinic and Tanning Salon off of highway 71 in ohio in between the waffle house and the check cashing store but ben has some pretty good doctors and rehab specialists working with him.  my guess is he'll be fine.
Have you ever heard of "THEE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY " their hospital isn't that bad!    
quote
Forum Index : Covers NFL Betting : Messages Page 2 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.