Super Bowl Picks (YTD 61-39 / 61.00%)

Forum: NFL Betting Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [NFL Betting] Topic: Super Bowl Picks (YTD 61-39 / 61.00%)
aggieaccountant PM aggieaccountant
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 3488
Texas
 
aggieaccountant
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/31/2012 9:48:01 PM
Well, this has been a great year and I am hoping to end it on a high note.  Regardless though, I am very satisfied with how this season went.  I will likely have 3-4 plays on the Super Bowl.  

One play locked in so far:

NY Giants ML +123
Normally, I like to side with the team that has the better coach and the better QB.  In this case, I think the Pats have both.  But, with that said, I am going to go against that trend in this one.  When I look at every other position on the field outside of QB, I feel like the Giants are as good or better than the Patriots.  I guess the one potential exception would be if you count TE separately or include that as one group with WR.  But, regardless, I just think the Giants have a better team.  I do think Brady will keep this one close, but in the end, I just think the Giants have too much and will win a very close game.
CalBear PM CalBear
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 20935
California
 
CalBear
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/31/2012 10:00:30 PM
GL aggie
Europa PM Europa
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 35222
California
 
Europa
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/31/2012 11:10:59 PM
Good luck on the Giants, aggie. i thought you would play Over too.
aggieaccountant PM aggieaccountant
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 3488
Texas
 
aggieaccountant
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/31/2012 11:18:37 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Europa:

Good luck on the Giants, aggie. i thought you would play Over too.

Very good chance I will be on the over as well.
Makaveli1 PM Makaveli1
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 2504
United States
 
Makaveli1
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/31/2012 11:19:05 PM

BOL Aggie. On the other side.  

Damn, I am a Red Raider alumni as well or is that alumnus. Oh well, gonna be a good one!

Europa PM Europa
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 35222
California
 
Europa
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/31/2012 11:21:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by aggieaccountant:


Very good chance I will be on the over as well.

Not forcing you to play, just think you posted it in your other thread a bit earlier.

Hopefully, Giants will win for us. Good luck!

aggieaccountant PM aggieaccountant
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 3488
Texas
 
aggieaccountant
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/31/2012 11:26:26 PM
Yeah, I remember and I have the over locked in within my office pool, but not an official play yet with my real money.
Europa PM Europa
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 35222
California
 
Europa
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/31/2012 11:32:00 PM
i played small on Giants TT over 26 (-120), in case you are interested. This one might be better than plying on Giants/Pats over 55, in case Giants' defese steps up and shuts down Pats on Sunday. Giants did shut down Falcons in the Wild Card game.   
Louis_IV PM Louis_IV
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 34456
Ohio
 
Louis_IV
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/1/2012 12:16:00 AM
I like the play. Gl
Posted using a mobile device.
bigkaptain PM bigkaptain
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1121
Nevada
 
bigkaptain
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/1/2012 12:27:10 AM
gl aggie, im with u
bobafett PM bobafett
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 2957
United States
 
bobafett
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/1/2012 1:43:30 AM
Orangemen44 PM Orangemen44
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 33526
New York
 
Orangemen44
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/1/2012 6:04:06 AM
aggieaccountant PM aggieaccountant
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 3488
Texas
 
aggieaccountant
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/1/2012 6:55:12 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Europa:

i played small on Giants TT over 26 (-120), in case you are interested. This one might be better than plying on Giants/Pats over 55, in case Giants' defese steps up and shuts down Pats on Sunday. Giants did shut down Falcons in the Wild Card game.   

Very good point.  I just think Tom Brady is going to have a great game.  Honestly, I suspect both will get there (i.e. Giants tt and the overall total).
metalbill PM metalbill
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3309
Alberta
 
metalbill
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/1/2012 7:07:09 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by aggieaccountant:

Well, this has been a great year and I am hoping to end it on a high note.  Regardless though, I am very satisfied with how this season went.  I will likely have 3-4 plays on the Super Bowl.  

One play locked in so far:

NY Giants ML +123
Normally, I like to side with the team that has the better coach and the better QB.  In this case, I think the Pats have both.  But, with that said, I am going to go against that trend in this one.  When I look at every other position on the field outside of QB, I feel like the Giants are as good or better than the Patriots.  I guess the one potential exception would be if you count TE separately or include that as one group with WR.  But, regardless, I just think the Giants have a better team.  I do think Brady will keep this one close, but in the end, I just think the Giants have too much and will win a very close game.
 bol 2 ya man.
aggieaccountant PM aggieaccountant
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 3488
Texas
 
aggieaccountant
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/2/2012 11:17:24 PM
Adding:

NYG/NE o54 -116
aggieaccountant PM aggieaccountant
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 3488
Texas
 
aggieaccountant
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/2/2012 11:17:40 PM
NY Giants ML +123
NYG/NE o54 -116
Europa PM Europa
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 35222
California
 
Europa
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/2/2012 11:29:42 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by aggieaccountant:

NY Giants ML +123
NYG/NE o54 -116

Ironically, i just added a smaller play on Over 54 (-110) few minutes ago, i will update my card later on. Good luck!

luckyly PM luckyly
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 3178
Indiana
 
luckyly
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/3/2012 10:06:49 AM

MOST WILL NOT LIKE THE OUTCOME OF THIS GAME,,,,

BUT,,,SEE A RUN/RUN GAME,,,,

D-Town PM D-Town
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 120365
Michigan
 
D-Town
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/3/2012 11:31:03 AM
Good luck AA.  
SportsFreak69 PM SportsFreak69
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 36807
United States
 
SportsFreak69
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/3/2012 4:42:07 PM
Best of Luck 
-LB- PM -LB-
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 20342
South Carolina
 
-LB-
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/5/2012 1:30:46 AM
snake2710 PM snake2710
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 15724
New Zealand
 
snake2710
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/5/2012 3:23:15 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by aggieaccountant:

NY Giants ML +123
NYG/NE o54 -116

Good seaon mate and have enjoyed your work. Just think Brady will be to good on the night.

aggieaccountant PM aggieaccountant
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 3488
Texas
 
aggieaccountant
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/5/2012 3:46:31 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by snake2710:

Good seaon mate and have enjoyed your work. Just think Brady will be to good on the night.


snake, you might be right.  Good luck to you.
aggieaccountant PM aggieaccountant
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 3488
Texas
 
aggieaccountant
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/5/2012 3:49:31 PM
Adding a prop bet just because I have to in the Super Bowl.

Victor Cruz o5.5 -145
I thought about taking Cruz over 88.5 yards, but decided to go the catches route instead.  In the NFC championship game he went up against a good defense in the Niners and had quite a bit of success.  This week he goes up against one of the worst secondaries in the NFL.  I suspect he is going to find himself open quite a bit and even if he isn't open, we have seen that Manning can get it to him when he is covered.

I have seen a lot of people on the Patriots recently.  I like Brady, but I just think that defense for the Patriots (specifically the secondary) is just too weak. 
aggieaccountant PM aggieaccountant
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 3488
Texas
 
aggieaccountant
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/5/2012 3:50:01 PM
NY Giants ML +123
NYG/NE o54 -116
Victor Cruz o5.5 -145

Final card.
Forum: NFL Betting Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.