saints / 49ers

Forum: NFL Betting Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [NFL Betting] Topic: saints / 49ers
wonwiththehook PM wonwiththehook
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 6306
United States
 
wonwiththehook
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/13/2010 9:16:38 AM

SAINTS -4

49ERS look like they might be the "failure" of the 2010/11 NFL season. Saints get some extra time to prepare.Now I know a team is not as bad or good as they showed the previous week.....BUT THERE'S NO WAY , that I'm putting a flipping penny on the 49ers until they prove yesterday was a fluke...and they only get 4 against the Superbowl champs ???? Saints might be the most square pick of all time....but I'm playin' it !

C--_--DREAMS PM C--_--DREAMS
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 117
New York
 
C--_--DREAMS
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/13/2010 1:26:46 PM
LOCK of D season. Good LUck
bodio PM bodio
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 7370
Illinois
 
bodio
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/13/2010 1:46:23 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wonwiththehook:

SAINTS -4

49ERS look like they might be the "failure" of the 2010/11 NFL season.

 

Isn't it a little too early to jump to these kinds of conclusions?

wonwiththehook PM wonwiththehook
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 6306
United States
 
wonwiththehook
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/13/2010 3:54:32 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bodio:

 

Isn't it a little too early to jump to these kinds of conclusions?

They got thrashed by the Seahawks.....don't over analyze things my friend....Saints should win by at least 2 TD'S !
2169 PM 2169
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 10748
Massachusetts
 
2169
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/13/2010 4:13:45 PM
Smith2010 PM Smith2010
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 9
United States
 
Smith2010
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/13/2010 4:59:51 PM

the saints are going to kill the 49ers....

 

CashVault PM CashVault
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 954
 
CashVault
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/13/2010 5:26:29 PM
I don't know why, but I see this game going UNDER and 49ers covering the +pts base on how both teams played this week. Singletary could be looking forward to the Saints, as he know the 1st game of the season won't lose him the Superbowl.
wonwiththehook PM wonwiththehook
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 6306
United States
 
wonwiththehook
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/13/2010 5:36:43 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by CashVault:

I don't know why, but I see this game going UNDER and 49ers covering the +pts base on how both teams played this week. Singletary could be looking forward to the Saints, as he know the 1st game of the season won't lose him the Superbowl.
Their 1st game was a division game, I hardly think Singletary took it lightly.He better not be looking to forward to playing the Saints after watching his team yesterday !
CashVault PM CashVault
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 954
 
CashVault
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/13/2010 5:45:38 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by wonwiththehook:

Their 1st game was a division game, I hardly think Singletary took it lightly.He better not be looking to forward to playing the Saints after watching his team yesterday !

9ers going to win their division, I will bet $$ on that. But we are talking about the defending Superbowl Champs, giving -4 on the road to a team that got destroyed by a USC coach, in addition, the Saints have a few extra days to gameplan too. Just doesn't seem right and you know the Saints are already a public team.

Only reason I would think the 9ers were looking forward to this week cause it's their home opener and the 9ers want to see how they matchup vs. the Saints. Could they beat the Hawks and hang with the Saints too? Yes, but the Saints wouldn't be as popular of a bet going into next weekend. Now that the 9ers lost to Hawks and playing the Saints, you and I know the Saints is the darling pick here..which should be a BIG "caution".

That is why I like the 9ers.

 

 

wonwiththehook PM wonwiththehook
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 6306
United States
 
wonwiththehook
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/13/2010 7:59:11 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by CashVault:

9ers going to win their division, I will bet $$ on that. But we are talking about the defending Superbowl Champs, giving -4 on the road to a team that got destroyed by a USC coach, in addition, the Saints have a few extra days to gameplan too. Just doesn't seem right and you know the Saints are already a public team.

Only reason I would think the 9ers were looking forward to this week cause it's their home opener and the 9ers want to see how they matchup vs. the Saints. Could they beat the Hawks and hang with the Saints too? Yes, but the Saints wouldn't be as popular of a bet going into next weekend. Now that the 9ers lost to Hawks and playing the Saints, you and I know the Saints is the darling pick here..which should be a BIG "caution".

That is why I like the 9ers.

 

 

I understand your thought process to a certain extent,but I'm not willing to lose my $$$ on the 49ers vs the Saints, to me it's bet the Saints or don't bet it at all.
wonwiththehook PM wonwiththehook
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 6306
United States
 
wonwiththehook
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/15/2010 5:37:20 PM

Is this line gonna get to 7 ?

Flutiemaniac341 PM Flutiemaniac341
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 21710
British
              Columbia
 
Flutiemaniac341
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/15/2010 6:32:04 PM
theres no way it comes close to seven dude!
satchmo27 PM satchmo27
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 473
New York
 
satchmo27
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/16/2010 2:53:07 PM
i think the over 44 might be a better play in this game..
saintsfan504 PM saintsfan504
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 10057
Maryland
 
saintsfan504
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/16/2010 3:02:06 PM

I stiill haven't pulled the trigger on this one, seem like a fishy line

 

wonwiththehook PM wonwiththehook
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 6306
United States
 
wonwiththehook
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/17/2010 5:13:10 PM

Singletary "smells a rat" !

What he smells is a shitty team !

Dr_Y PM Dr_Y
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 126
Florida
 
Dr_Y
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/17/2010 7:35:20 PM

Yeah, the 9ers house is on shaky ground right now for a few reasons... just one point to make: The Saints are getting pretty much a week and a half to plan for this game and work on their game. 14-9 was too close of a score for their home opener with MIN in week #1 (considering the shape that Minny was in). A win is a win but not always. 

All I'm saying is that 10 days is a lot of time for NOS to set-up for their first MNF game as the Champs. IF SF is having distractions (speculation) in addition to the Saints' extra time to prep for this one... look out Singletary's boys. 

bigslickk PM bigslickk
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 978
Ontario
 
bigslickk
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/17/2010 9:36:47 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by wonwiththehook:

They got thrashed by the Seahawks.....don't over analyze things my friend....Saints should win by at least 2 TD'S !

Its a whole different ball game if the Niners converted on some of their early red zone chances.  Don't be so quick to pull the trigger here...this game will be close.

C-Balls PM C-Balls
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 112
South Carolina
 
C-Balls
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/17/2010 9:45:10 PM
Everyone's talking about the 49ers major let down in Week 1 but I can assure you Drew Drew Brees and Sean Peyton weren't pleased with there offensive play in Week 1 and will be looking to get rolling on all cylinders in preparation for their Week 3 game against the Falcons. 

I'd expect the Saints to score early and often in this one and the 49ers will not be able to keep up. 
wonwiththehook PM wonwiththehook
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 6306
United States
 
wonwiththehook
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/20/2010 6:39:00 AM
 Still think the Saints win this going away !
philschnaars PM philschnaars
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1650
Connecticut
 
philschnaars
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/20/2010 6:56:01 AM
gl tonight, i'm on them -5.5
D-Town PM D-Town
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 120365
Michigan
 
D-Town
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/20/2010 7:55:05 AM
evilelvis PM evilelvis
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 2852
California
 
evilelvis
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/20/2010 9:13:10 AM

I'm going with only a small play on the the defending Super Bowl Champions. It actually will be easier for me to absorb the unlikely loss with a bet on Saints than to make the crazier bet on the unproven 49ers. Yea, yea...the line does seem questionable and the whole square bet on the public team...blah, blah, blah...so then I just will not bet the farm. 

Projected score NO 31 SF 14

Good luck to all 

luckyly PM luckyly
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 3179
Indiana
 
luckyly
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/20/2010 10:42:24 AM
HOW MANY TURN OVERS FOR SAN FRAN 2NITE..
PGram13 PM PGram13
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 14618
Texas
 
PGram13
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/20/2010 11:12:26 AM
GL BUDDY! Leaning that way, and loving the overs! PG
GoldenGuy PM GoldenGuy
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 287
 
GoldenGuy
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/20/2010 11:14:18 AM
Game could be ugly for the home team.
Forum: NFL Betting Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.