Messages

Forum Index : NFL Betting : Messages Page 6 of 6 «  2 3 4 5 6  
Author: [NFL Betting] Topic: if Michael Vick ever returns.....
BDWah send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
BDWah
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1021
Location: United States
#126
Posted: 12/4/2008 6:52:00 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by hardknoxchic:

Aalon, thanks for your comments.  All this because of dogfighting, like you said, a 300yr old sport.  growing up and seeing dogfights, it was common where im from.  it's amazing the comments iv'e seen on this message board regarding m. vick, really amazing...

That makes it acceptable?  Because it was acceptable in your culture?  That is an amazing comment. IT IS AN ILLEGAL ACTIVITY.  GET THAT THROUGH YOUR DENSE SKULL. 

quote
GoBLUE74 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
GoBLUE74
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 63
Location: Michigan
#127
Posted: 12/4/2008 6:52:11 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by AttitudeEsq:

Hey, it all depends what youre values in life are and what u want to celebrate.  U see a celebrity is a person that the public celebrates.  Mike Vick, John Rocker w/foot in mouth and other football players (like Plaxico, Im so bad I bring a loaded gun into a club where I proceed to drink and shoot myself) are celebrities celebrated by the public.  Accordingly, we as the public must make a decison whether or not these people and their actions should be celebrated.  Does it make me high and mighty to state that between the vicious pit bulls and Mike Vick and his cohorts, I dont know who the real animals were?.  Indeed, lets simply state that Vick's animal cruelty and obvious mental derangement are off the top.  Do we really want our children celebrating a armani suit wearing football player who on his free time is a thug getting his kicks off torturing dogs.  I would say no.  I would say that u may want to look down ur pants for the thing called ur nut sack and take a stand against these a-hole celebrities that are no better than mere street trash.  Go Bloomberg and bye plax.

As to GoBlue74, if people served their time and then their done, how come ur not out their fighting against laws requiring sex offenders to register for life.  One would think that if a 25 y/o male people a 16 y/o girl and serves 10 years, then he would be done with his crime as he served his time.  Not true, rather this sex offender has to post his name and info on the web and w/govt agencies so he can be tracked.  I dont see any one crying foul over that.  Personally, Ill take the horny guy who wanted to darn that cute 16 y/o over a guy that tortures animals for kicks.  What about u?  Which neighbor u want?  Atleast, my daughter could be told to stay away from my neighbor.  The dog isnt so lucky.

You are looking at it all wrong. Of course he should have to register on the sex offender list and Vick should never be allowed to own a dog again. The debate is if Vick should be able to get a job or not. If that sex offender that you were talking about worked at McDonald's before he went to jail you wouldn't have any problem with him getting his job back there would you. So why are you so against Vick getting his job back. If your local butcher was caught doing the same things to dogs and when he got out of Jail would you say that he could never be a butcher again? I'm not trying to support Vick i just don't like the double standard.

quote
Logica1 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Logica1
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 651
Location: North Carolina
#128
Posted: 12/4/2008 6:52:32 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by AttitudeEsq:

Do you think its apropriate for your children to celebrate Vick?  Do u think its appropriate to celebrate individuals who torture helpless animals?  If you think this behaviuor is ok, then pls go for a vasectomy.Indeed, if u think this behaviour is fitting for intelligent human beings to celebrate, then please state your opinion with reasoning to back it.  Dont just make simple one liner ad hominem attacks, it doesnt demonstrate any real intellect.

Looked down at my nutsack like you had suggested and seen you swinging from one of my pubs...Get the darn off...I mean wow, to qoute me twice...I must have really gotten under your skin with that one. As for your questions...No, I do not celebrate Mike Vick(who told you I have kids?) You assume too much...For the second, no I do not believe that it is appropriate behavior to intentionally hurt/torture animals...I never had made such a suggestion(you don't know me) That is sick garbage no matter who does it and I am glad he got caught...But to insist that people can't change for the better is just illogical...And I am not assuming that he will....but that is up to him. Not you all!!!! And if he is given a second chance in the league you'll just have to deal with it, won't you?!!

quote
The_Book_2008 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
The_Book_2008
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 115
Location: Arizona
#129
Posted: 12/4/2008 7:02:52 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by revengeissweet1:

vick doesnt deserve a 2nd chance


I agree.

quote
hardknoxchic send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
hardknoxchic
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 14
Location:
#130
Posted: 12/4/2008 7:27:56 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by BDWah:

That makes it acceptable?  Because it was acceptable in your culture?  That is an amazing comment. IT IS AN ILLEGAL ACTIVITY.  GET THAT THROUGH YOUR DENSE SKULL. 

i didn't say it was acceptable! i said it was a common sport. so you havnt seen anyone participating in dogfighting? we all know it's illegal.  tell me something i don't know.  people make mistakes, just like several NFL players have done.  you live and learn from your mistakes and you move on from it. im sorry but he didn't go out there and murder and kill a human.  im sorry but that's just how i feel.  yes, it was wrong and he's being punished for it...MOVE ON!  Let's talk about current events..
quote
hardknoxchic send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
hardknoxchic
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 14
Location:
#131
Posted: 12/4/2008 7:40:31 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Logica1:

You are all so high and mighty it makes me sick....you act like the guy killed your mother...get over it!!!
  this is how it's been since the news broke of the entire situation..it makes me beyond being sick...
quote
mkan20 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
mkan20
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 564
Location: California
#132
Posted: 12/4/2008 7:58:50 PM
if he couldnt play football he'd serve a lot more time in jail than he will when this is all said and done.  sure he deserves a 2nd chance, in my own personal view the only people who dont deserve one will murderers, rapists, and child molesters.  personally i do have a problem with him having the chance at making millions of dollars with a criminal record.  but i guess thats the difference between an athlete and an average person.
quote
lankford1771 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
lankford1771
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 21
Location:
#133
Posted: 12/4/2008 8:20:16 PM
Look at what him and his brother are and what they get into. He doesnt deserve garbage. He had everything given to him and he screwed it all up. Its rediculous what NFL players get away with. Look at what pacman, Ray lewis, Mike Pitbull Vick and others get away with. These pieces of thug trash need to be out of the league and go on with there bullshit. Buress gone. Pacman gone. Matt Jones gone. Vick gone. None of these people deserve a second chance when you had millions of reasons not to do the things they chose to do. They all need to go play in the UFL...... By the way i was the biggest burress fan and also from dallas and really welcomed Pacman.
quote
tashmarine send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
tashmarine
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1034
Location: Ontario
#134
Posted: 12/4/2008 8:23:07 PM

i hope he never returns, have you seen photoes of the dogs..these rich people need to learn that they are not above the law.

 

quote
BDWah send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
BDWah
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1021
Location: United States
#135
Posted: 12/4/2008 8:27:48 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by hardknoxchic:

  this is how it's been since the news broke of the entire situation..it makes me beyond being sick...

Your expressed and implied sentiments on this subject and those made by others in this thread similar to yours are anti-social, sickening and borderline socio-pathic.  You don't think dogfighting is such a big deal.  American society obviously disagrees with you given the harsh penalties federal and state courts can impose on those convicted for such crimes.

As an aside, the torturing and killing of animals were common activities for those individuals who later became socio-pathic mass murderers.   

FACT - Michael Vick tortured and killed dogs.

FACT - Associates of Michael Vick stole other people's pets and used them to train Michael Vick's dogs.

The only people who seem to sympathize with Michael Vick seem to fall under the following categories:

- past/current/wannabe criminals

- people who feel Michael Vick is being oppressed because of the color of his skin

- fans of his who are so enamored with his football talent they are willing to excuse his failures as a human being

quote
mkan20 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
mkan20
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 564
Location: California
#136
Posted: 12/4/2008 8:34:03 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by BDWah:

Your expressed and implied sentiments on this subject and those made by others in this thread similar to yours are anti-social, sickening and borderline socio-pathic.  You don't think dogfighting is such a big deal.  American society obviously disagrees with you given the harsh penalties federal and state courts can impose on those convicted for such crimes.

As an aside, the torturing and killing of animals were common activities for those individuals who later became socio-pathic mass murderers.   

FACT - Michael Vick tortured and killed dogs.

FACT - Associates of Michael Vick stole other people's pets and used them to train Michael Vick's dogs.

The only people who seem to sympathize with Michael Vick seem to fall under the following categories:

- past/current/wannabe criminals

- people who feel Michael Vick is being oppressed because of the color of his skin

- fans of his who are so enamored with his football talent they are willing to excuse his failures as a human being

well said.  im done with this thread and michael vick

quote
Hugh_Jorgan send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Hugh_Jorgan
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 12582
Location: New York
#137
Posted: 11/14/2010 10:23:44 AM
quote
Poor-Derf
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Poor-Derf
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1264
Location:
#138
Posted: 11/21/2010 9:40:44 PM

Here is an oldie but a goodie!!!!!!!!!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee s back!!!!!!!

and people luv him now......

quote
Rocafella
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Rocafella
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21417
Location: Pennsylvania
#139
Posted: 3/5/2011 11:19:10 AM

quote
Forum Index : NFL Betting : Messages Page 6 of 6 «  2 3 4 5 6  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.