Posted: 2/23/2012 4:56:25 PM
Common thoughts on the Bama/Arkansas game:
1. Bama does not have Green or Mitchell. These two guys averaged 15ppg and 7rpg last year (Alabama was the only team in the country that had two guys with those numbers coming back this year).
2. Arkansas is 17-2 at home. Actually they have only lost 1 time in Bud Walton. The other home loss was to Houston in Little Rock I believe.
3. Arkansas will be ready to play after getting blown out by Florida at home.
4. Bama can't score for garbage!
My responses (remember that I am not playing this game but if I see many more post about how easy this one looks for Arkansas I might):
1. Those two morons are two of the most selfish person I have ever seen on a team. Green is a girl and Mitchell belongs in the looney bin. They are talented players but they were a cancer. Green may return this weekend but Mitchell is done for the year. It's a GOOD thing for the team that they aren't playing. Maybe not for wins and losses but it is for the chemistry of this team.
2. They are good at home but the only win that impressed me was the one over Vanderbilt. Vanderbilt was in a look ahead to Florida but it was still a good win and one where I had my money on Arkansas. Their next best win was over Mississippi State. Solid team for sure but they don't play defense and gave up 98 to Arkansas. That isn't happening tonight!
3. They may be ready but the reason they got blown out is because they don't play defense! They go for the steals and try to create tempo. They don't rebound for garbage and they give up a lot of easy looks. Before the Florida game they gave up 65 points to South Carolina at home...the Cocks suck on offense!
4. See #3 - Bama will get some good looks and will likely be able to score in transition as well. This game to me is about the Bama defense and their ability to get the tempo they want. Bama scored 72 in the first meeting and managed to only shoot 2-15 from 3PT range.
Just my thoughts!!!