Messages

Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [College Football] Topic: 4 TEAM PLAYOFF FOR THE BCS
HookEmHorns22
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
HookEmHorns22
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 21977
Location: United States
#1
Posted: 4/24/2012 11:46:49 PM
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

I KINDA LIKE IT 

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-04-23/bcs-four-team-playoffs-college-football-postseason

quote
Laroja
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sports Interaction |
Laroja
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 10530
Location: Ontario
#2
Posted: 4/25/2012 6:11:41 PM
I completely agree with this, I hope this happens

quote
crocnzeeba send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
crocnzeeba
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 881
Location: Nevada
#3
Posted: 4/25/2012 9:51:29 PM

This would be an improvement.  The more teams involved in the playoffs, the more legitimate the result.

But no matter how many teams are involved in the playoffs, there will ALWAYS be controversy EVERY year about the "first team left out."  I'd prefer to see a three-round eight-team playoff, but that's not going to happen.

This proposal would seem to be the next best alternative.

quote
tideman send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
tideman
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 4144
Location: United States
#4
Posted: 4/26/2012 8:49:00 AM
I like the idea, but  agree with the guy above... it doesn't matter if its four, eight, or sixteen teams, we will still hear an uproar about how unfair it is for the first one or two teams who didn't make it into the playoff... blah, blah, blah... 
quote
mattbrot send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mattbrot
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5814
Location: United States
#5
Posted: 4/27/2012 12:53:50 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by crocnzeeba:

This would be an improvement.  The more teams involved in the playoffs, the more legitimate the result.

But no matter how many teams are involved in the playoffs, there will ALWAYS be controversy EVERY year about the "first team left out."  I'd prefer to see a three-round eight-team playoff, but that's not going to happen.

This proposal would seem to be the next best alternative.


true... but at some point it is what it is. There is always going to be the "bubble teams" but that is life. At least this was you give two other teams the chance. 

Typically in CFB there are usually 1 maybe 2 teams that have a legitimate reason to gripe. Rarely does it go beyond that.
quote
mylife23 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
mylife23
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 923
Location: California
#6
Posted: 4/27/2012 10:56:34 PM
it's better than having a rematch for the championship game i think...not to say LSU and Alabama weren't the two best teams..but it just seemed to put a damper on the meaning of the championship since they had already played one another albeit in the regular season...

just seemed like a revenge game on neutral turf....if a playoff was involved it and they happened to meet again in that manner I would have no problem with that
quote
packers1992 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
packers1992
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 9398
Location: Michigan
#7
Posted: 4/28/2012 1:30:42 PM
i'm fine with it 1 way or the other. I'm not losing sleep. they're probably going to have a selection committee. Not being an behind but i watch a ton of college football and talk on here in game threads with my brethren. Put me on there. I'm serious i have no favorite team. Either way the 4 team playoff is coming
quote
Teaser78 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Teaser78
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 13161
Location: New Jersey
#8
Posted: 5/1/2012 11:06:57 AM
BETTER THEN WHAT THEY GOT GOING .. I LIKE IT
quote
tankstevens send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
tankstevens
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 3011
Location: Christmas
              Islands
#9
Posted: 5/2/2012 3:43:02 AM
it's a start, and it's better than what there is now.
quote
HookEmHorns22
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
HookEmHorns22
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 21977
Location: United States
#10
Posted: 5/13/2012 7:28:06 PM
Last year it would have been LSU vs Stanford and Bama vs Okie St if it was 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3....I like it =)
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 32549
Location: New York
#11
Posted: 5/13/2012 7:50:41 PM
It would be a Joke 

Somehow they would mess it up...

Likely put a 7-5 Notre Dame in over a 11-1 Oregon
quote
SatNightFever05
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SatNightFever05
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3579
Location: California
#12
Posted: 5/14/2012 2:49:32 PM
Still think it should be Conference Champs unless they are ranked outside the final top 10.. then go to highest rated non champ..

quote
HookEmHorns22
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
HookEmHorns22
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 21977
Location: United States
#13
Posted: 5/17/2012 2:23:44 AM
Disagree. What if the Big Ten champ is 8-3 and ranked 7th or 8ths? They shouldn't get in. should be top 4 teams
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
Corley1011 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Corley1011
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 919
Location: Mississippi
#14
Posted: 5/17/2012 10:20:23 AM

I like the idea, but I think they should do the top 8 teams in a play off and let them play it out... no matter what they do, someone will be mad so nothing will solve it completely

quote
packers1992 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
packers1992
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 9398
Location: Michigan
#15
Posted: 5/17/2012 7:06:50 PM
well corley its only gonna be 4 teams
quote
joewashington send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
joewashington
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2780
Location: Texas
#16
Posted: 5/17/2012 8:10:29 PM
UT fans should be vehemently against a 4 team playoff.......at least then Horns have a shot at a "mythical" nat'l championship.
quote
Corley1011 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Corley1011
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 919
Location: Mississippi
#17
Posted: 5/17/2012 10:46:45 PM
I know it's gonna be 4 teams... the 8 team playoff was simply my opinion
quote
THEMUGG
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 29247
Location: Washington
#18
Posted: 5/17/2012 11:00:55 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HookEmHorns22:

Disagree. What if the Big Ten champ is 8-3 and ranked 7th or 8ths? They shouldn't get in. should be top 4 teams

 I suppose it's possible, but I highly doubt an 8-3/9-3 B10 winner would be ranked in the top 10..................agree, should just be top 4.

 The big problem I see now is that EVERYONE is scheduling garbage ooc games.......
quote
Lucan
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Lucan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1645
Location: United States
#19
Posted: 5/18/2012 2:54:25 PM

If there is a four team playoff, teams in the SEC should stop beating up on each other and play cupcakes like the same teams that think they should be in the playoffs with their cupcake schedule.

Check this out Boise State fans >>>>

Boise 2011 schedule: Revised for Alabama

Week 1.]  Georgia vs Alabama

Week 2.]      Open Date

Week 3.]  Toledo vs Alabama

Week 4.]  Tusla vs Alabama

Week 5.]  Nevada vs Alabama

Week 6.]  Fresno State vs Alabama

Week 7.]  Colorado vs Alabama

Week 8.]  Air Force vs Alabama

Week 9.]  Open Date

Week 10.]  UNLV vs Alabama

Week 11.]  TCU vs Alabama

Week 12.]  San Diego State vs Alabama

Week 13.]  Wyoming vs Alabama

Week 14.]  New Mexico vs Alabama  >   No Iron Bowl this will never be taking away no matter if there's a play-off or not...why? because us in Alabama don't give a rats behind about nothing but winning the Iron Bowl the NCG is secondary but accepted with pride when either Alabama or Auburn gets there.

So week (14) on a Boise State 2011 schedule would be Alabama vs Auburn

Rivalrys could end, to make schedules equal.

They could rename college football to "cupcake wars"

Fans don't always travel well for all teams. Remember its all about the $$$$  which most likely makes a play-off system a big flop.

I'm not against the play-off, myself i can't wait to see people girl about the play-off system when the SEC still wins the NCG.

 

 

 


 

 

quote
Droxside send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Droxside
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1284
Location: Florida
#20
Posted: 5/18/2012 5:41:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Lucan:

If there is a four team playoff, teams in the SEC should stop beating up on each other and play cupcakes like the same teams that think they should be in the playoffs with their cupcake schedule.

Check this out Boise State fans >>>>

Boise 2011 schedule: Revised for Alabama

Week 1.]  Georgia vs Alabama

Week 2.]      Open Date

Week 3.]  Toledo vs Alabama

Week 4.]  Tusla vs Alabama

Week 5.]  Nevada vs Alabama

Week 6.]  Fresno State vs Alabama

Week 7.]  Colorado vs Alabama

Week 8.]  Air Force vs Alabama

Week 9.]  Open Date

Week 10.]  UNLV vs Alabama

Week 11.]  TCU vs Alabama

Week 12.]  San Diego State vs Alabama

Week 13.]  Wyoming vs Alabama

Week 14.]  New Mexico vs Alabama  >   No Iron Bowl this will never be taking away no matter if there's a play-off or not...why? because us in Alabama don't give a rats behind about nothing but winning the Iron Bowl the NCG is secondary but accepted with pride when either Alabama or Auburn gets there.

So week (14) on a Boise State 2011 schedule would be Alabama vs Auburn

Rivalrys could end, to make schedules equal.

They could rename college football to "cupcake wars"

Fans don't always travel well for all teams. Remember its all about the $$$$  which most likely makes a play-off system a big flop.

I'm not against the play-off, myself i can't wait to see people girl about the play-off system when the SEC still wins the NCG.

As an Auburn fan I must say your comment on the iron bowl is right on for the majority, something people on the outside could never understand. We can cuss each others like dogs (have done so myself here on more then one occasion), but that game I respect Bama players and team without question as I know they put there team above self and it goes both ways as very few players in any sport do.

 

 


 

 

quote
mattbrot send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mattbrot
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5814
Location: United States
#21
Posted: 5/18/2012 8:59:04 PM
SEC already plays cupcakes . Outside of one or two dominant teams the SEC is = MAC
quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 37656
Location: Missouri
#22
Posted: 5/18/2012 11:10:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:

It would be a Joke 

Somehow they would mess it up...

Likely put a 7-5 Notre Dame in over a 11-1 Oregon

Its a joke if they dont do it.....

quote
Lucan
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Lucan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1645
Location: United States
#23
Posted: 5/19/2012 3:49:11 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by mattbrot:

SEC already plays cupcakes . Outside of one or two dominant teams the SEC is = MAC

It's a good thing you know so much about football so we all can learn things like the SEC is = MAC from you...

quote
mattbrot send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mattbrot
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5814
Location: United States
#24
Posted: 5/19/2012 9:07:05 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Lucan:

It's a good thing you know so much about football so we all can learn things like the SEC is = MAC from you...


Vanderbilt is in the SEC correct? 
quote
jackjaffee send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
jackjaffee
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 8840
Location:
#25
Posted: 6/26/2012 12:29:04 AM
I think the other conferences outside the SEC that are for a playoff are kinda foolish for agreeing to a 4 team playoff and not an 8 team playoff.  Will anyone be surprised if the SEC gets 2 of the 4 spots?  
quote
Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.