** hammy/montreal ingame **

Forum: CFL Page 6 of 6 «  2 3 4 5 6  
Author: [CFL] Topic: ** hammy/montreal ingame **
spottie2935 PM spottie2935
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 8418
 
spottie2935
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#126
Posted: 8/23/2012 10:13:51 PM
Delpo PM Delpo
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1671
 
Delpo
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#127
Posted: 8/23/2012 10:13:52 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by gabemorency:

i hope your right delpo

It was dumb coaching.

Montreal can get into FG range with there eyes closed.

badlands PM badlands
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 54791
 
badlands
Participation Meter
Legend
quote#128
Posted: 8/23/2012 10:14:37 PM
they felt safe leaving calvillo with over a minute left and jsut needing a fg  
ELDubarino PM ELDubarino
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 6992
 
ELDubarino
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#129
Posted: 8/23/2012 10:15:02 PM
We need a missed fg through the end zone for the rouge to force ot
Delpo PM Delpo
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1671
 
Delpo
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#130
Posted: 8/23/2012 10:15:33 PM

LOL I cant believe how Hamilton just handled that situation.

Down 1 on the road with 2 minutes left and you play for a FG giving the Als like a 1:20 plus and all they need to do is get into FG range?

Its almost like this HAM coach purposely threw this game.

BarcsHasBite PM BarcsHasBite
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3502
 
BarcsHasBite
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#131
Posted: 8/23/2012 10:17:32 PM
lol pushed on 60.. sucks for those that got 60.5
badlands PM badlands
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 54791
 
badlands
Participation Meter
Legend
quote#132
Posted: 8/23/2012 10:17:33 PM
  hamilton
Delpo PM Delpo
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1671
 
Delpo
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#133
Posted: 8/23/2012 10:18:00 PM

what a joke

that was just laughable coaching. im not football expert but I could see how dumb they played that final 2 minutes from a mile away.

Along with not challenging that obvious dropped pass this goes down as one of the worst coaching games I have ever seen.

gabemorency PM gabemorency
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 851
 
gabemorency
Participation Meter
Rookie
quote#134
Posted: 8/23/2012 10:18:39 PM
this is my most profitable game of the year, for once getting the early line of 59.5 pays off!  see you all tommorow!
canadianice PM canadianice
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3948
 
canadianice
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#135
Posted: 8/23/2012 10:20:55 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Delpo:

what a joke

that was just laughable coaching. im not football expert but I could see how dumb they played that final 2 minutes from a mile away.

Along with not challenging that obvious dropped pass this goes down as one of the worst coaching games I have ever seen.

  wtf do you expect from some bum from Buffalo, he must have come real cheap!
PAZ PM PAZ
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 787
 
PAZ
Participation Meter
Rookie
quote#136
Posted: 8/23/2012 10:21:03 PM

8 FG'S AMAZING

JUST NEEDED 1 FG TO BE A TD

 

STONE OVER AND I LOSE BY A HALF

andarmac99 PM andarmac99
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 16802
 
andarmac99
Participation Meter
MVP
quote#137
Posted: 8/23/2012 10:22:46 PM
Hamilton is full of dumbasses. It's like they weren't even thinking in the last two minutes. Don't even know what to say. There is only one team that would have let Montreal pull that out and we just saw them.
CoverLane PM CoverLane
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 6903
 
CoverLane
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#138
Posted: 8/23/2012 10:23:25 PM
hamilton's coach should be fired
thornton6 PM thornton6
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1299
 
thornton6
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#139
Posted: 8/23/2012 10:24:29 PM
Every year Cats coaches are horrible! Play to score a td this is not the NFL its the CFL. You give Cavillo that much time to get a FG yeah you deserve to lose again.
canadianice PM canadianice
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3948
 
canadianice
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#140
Posted: 8/23/2012 10:27:46 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by CoverLane:

hamilton's coach should be fired
  Agreed    
hurricane22 PM hurricane22
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2
 
hurricane22
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#141
Posted: 8/23/2012 10:28:14 PM
nice non challenge Cortez. He shouldn't be allowed on the plane
Delpo PM Delpo
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1671
 
Delpo
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#142
Posted: 8/23/2012 10:29:16 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by CoverLane:

hamilton's coach should be fired

Its just mindboggling that he didnt challenge that 40yrd Green catch considering its in the final 5 minutes on the road. I have seen alot of bad calls but challenging that play is just basic knowlegde. I cant believe that the guys in the booth werent instantly calling down to have that reviewed, but evenso as a coach that late in the game it should just be automatic to throw the flag.

Then he plays the final 2 minutes like its a frigging NFL game and a 2 pt lead is somehow safe or in a good spot. This is the CFL and the MONTREAL ALLOUETTES. Giving them the ball and only needing to get into field goal range with over a minute is crazyness. That is like 2 first downs for one of the greatest QB's to ever play and a team that runs a 1-2 minute offense like no other.

Im not even a Cats fan but If I was I would be calling for this fools head just based on this one game. He coached THAT bad in the 4th quarter.

canadianice PM canadianice
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3948
 
canadianice
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#143
Posted: 8/23/2012 10:30:29 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by hurricane22:

nice non challenge Cortez. He shouldn't be allowed on the plane
  And that is twice this year, that he has done this    
canadianice PM canadianice
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3948
 
canadianice
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#144
Posted: 8/23/2012 10:35:28 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Delpo:

Its just mindboggling that he didnt challenge that 40yrd Green catch considering its in the final 5 minutes on the road. I have seen alot of bad calls but challenging that play is just basic knowlegde. I cant believe that the guys in the booth werent instantly calling down to have that reviewed, but evenso as a coach that late in the game it should just be automatic to throw the flag.

Then he plays the final 2 minutes like its a frigging NFL game and a 2 pt lead is somehow safe or in a good spot. This is the CFL and the MONTREAL ALLOUETTES. Giving them the ball and only needing to get into field goal range with over a minute is crazyness. That is like 2 first downs for one of the greatest QB's to ever play and a team that runs a 1-2 minute offense like no other.

Im not even a Cats fan but If I was I would be calling for this fools head just based on this one game. He coached THAT bad in the 4th quarter.

  Well put, someone needs to be held accountable for this, there is no excuse for such stupidity   
CoverLane PM CoverLane
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 6903
 
CoverLane
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#145
Posted: 8/23/2012 10:39:00 PM
How do mistakes like this happen in professional sports?

I understand its a 8 team league where 6 teams make the playoffs, so winning and losing really doesn't matter very much until the playoffs...but you have to strike while the irons hot.

If you can challenge and play and take away a 40 yard gain which eventually leads to a touchdown, you do it. 

I coach high school sports and I pride myself on making quality decisions under pressure. 

The Tiger Cats coach likely lost a lot of respect tonight in the coaching world and I wouldn't be surprised if he is getting chewed out right now by someone high up within the Tiger Cats organization.

Unacceptable judgement on the coaches part which essentially cost their team this game. 


CoverLane PM CoverLane
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 6903
 
CoverLane
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#146
Posted: 8/23/2012 10:40:30 PM
Just imagine if this happened in Riderville....

Someone would be drunk on the Wiser's and burning the coaches house down. 
hurricane22 PM hurricane22
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2
 
hurricane22
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#147
Posted: 8/23/2012 11:22:58 PM
true enough. time to step up for the the Ticats organization and make a bold move. Someone has to be accountable for that call
Forum: CFL Page 6 of 6 «  2 3 4 5 6  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.