Detroit at Calgary (03/13/2013)

Forum: Pro Hockey
Author: [Pro Hockey] Topic: Detroit at Calgary (03/13/2013)
Covers PM Covers
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 61
 
Covers
Participation Meter
Covers Referee
Posted: 3/12/2013 12:53:57 AM

Away: Detroit [12-9 SU]
Home: Calgary [9-11 SU]

Game Time: 9:30 PM
Stadium: Scotiabank Saddledome

Recent Meetings:
02/05/13 - CAL 4 vs. DET 1

Team Leaders:

Detroit:
Goals: Damien Brunner 10
Assists: Henrik Zetterberg 21
Goals Against: Jonas Gustavsson 2.17

Calgary:
Goals: Michael Cammalleri 9
Assists: Jiri Hudler 12
Goals Against: Joey MacDonald 2.85

More:
Live Odds
In-Depth Matchup Information
Consensus Betting Information

sd-jones PM sd-jones
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 469
 
sd-jones
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 3/13/2013 3:02:52 AM
What's up with this wing team? Okay Holmstrom the baddest net presence probably of all time and Lidstrom the cooler of the club, are now gone. This is where Babcocks coaching ability is going to be put to the test. He inheirated a Stanley cup contender/favorite so he must have known these guys weren't going to play forever, so what was his contingency plan? Zetterberg is a good player but not a phenom, Datsyuk is their best all-around sticker but they are in need of a 40+ goal scorer if they cant get someone in front of the net. Holmstrom was the back-bone of this offense even though he didn't score a ton of goals, it was his play in front of the crease. Blocking, irritating, re-directing... Net presence is what's missing from their game. So who's Babcocks gonna call? Ryan Smythe to stay traditional or go and find a +40 gun-slinger... If I was Babcocks I'd be trying to get a trade in the works for Dustin Byf#€%¥+!gen from the Jets and put him back in the front. Calgary beat em last time so I'll take the Wings 4 s&g's.... Gl&Gs
bluephinn PM bluephinn
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4062
 
bluephinn
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/13/2013 7:12:49 AM
Lets call a spade a shovel sd-jones..After all ,I`m only an Aussie playing a cold game far from the hot beaches of sSdney..Not too detract from your knowledge of the puck zone, which may I add is top notch... However this is not the insight of a member which has been here for a month...So either, a) you have created a new user profile after being a prior member ,which is against the manifesto of this wonderful world of willy wonker now called covers,or b) You are paid for your write ups as to generate some interest into interacting within this official forum..Either way you are FAKE!!! You make money no matter what..Much like a broken broker..I find this unacceptable from a user that post their picks and pays either way....I do not appreciate this SHITE...That`s pommy for crap!! Where have all the real people gone??? The penalty box gas chambers??Or perhaps Umpa lumpa land??? God help all us happy people that were once GayJews. Cant wait for the next pedophile protecting pope to blow his smoke...Perhaps his name may be Adolf..We can only pray


I`m on the WINGS of a prayer also.. ..Hail Mary full of grace... Now F%$K OFF with this Hollywood  LaLa land bo-tox liposuction bull garbage ...Ahhh...I feel better know..Might go kill and then cook a pig..

Planettelex PM Planettelex
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 38
 
Planettelex
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 3/13/2013 7:30:59 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bluephinn:

Lets call a spade a shovel sd-jones..After all ,I`m only an Aussie playing a cold game far from the hot beaches of sSdney..Not too detract from your knowledge of the puck zone, which may I add is top notch... However this is not the insight of a member which has been here for a month...So either, a) you have created a new user profile after being a prior member ,which is against the manifesto of this wonderful world of willy wonker now called covers,or b) You are paid for your write ups as to generate some interest into interacting within this official forum..Either way you are FAKE!!! You make money no matter what..Much like a broken broker..I find this unacceptable from a user that post their picks and pays either way....I do not appreciate this SHITE...That`s pommy for crap!! Where have all the real people gone??? The penalty box gas chambers??Or perhaps Umpa lumpa land??? God help all us happy people that were once GayJews. Cant wait for the next pedophile protecting pope to blow his smoke...Perhaps his name may be Adolf..We can only pray


I`m on the WINGS of a prayer also.. ..Hail Mary full of grace... Now F%$K OFF with this Hollywood  LaLa land bo-tox liposuction bull garbage ...Ahhh...I feel better know..Might go kill and then cook a pig..




You need help....Serious help...God help you
handsomebabe PM handsomebabe
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 19
 
handsomebabe
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 3/13/2013 11:26:01 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sd-jones:

What's up with this wing team? Okay Holmstrom the baddest net presence probably of all time and Lidstrom the cooler of the club, are now gone. This is where Babcocks coaching ability is going to be put to the test. He inheirated a Stanley cup contender/favorite so he must have known these guys weren't going to play forever, so what was his contingency plan? Zetterberg is a good player but not a phenom, Datsyuk is their best all-around sticker but they are in need of a 40+ goal scorer if they cant get someone in front of the net. Holmstrom was the back-bone of this offense even though he didn't score a ton of goals, it was his play in front of the crease. Blocking, irritating, re-directing... Net presence is what's missing from their game. So who's Babcocks gonna call? Ryan Smythe to stay traditional or go and find a +40 gun-slinger... If I was Babcocks I'd be trying to get a trade in the works for Dustin Byf#€%¥+!gen from the Jets and put him back in the front. Calgary beat em last time so I'll take the Wings 4 s&g's.... Gl&Gs
sd-jones PM sd-jones
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 469
 
sd-jones
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 3/13/2013 7:19:08 PM
Sorry Blue... I was anti-technology until of late, and I just got an Email address in the last (2) years. I think hockey is one of a few sports that only real men can play. (rugby football is another) But there's no contact in NBA... NFL plays once a week and wears pads... MLB .. Well you make the call. I just love the sport and I like the insight from this forum abd I think we all benefit from the info. I do live in a gambling/tourist town in Nevada though but alas I am not sponsored....
sd-jones PM sd-jones
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 469
 
sd-jones
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 3/14/2013 12:11:09 AM
Man Detroit is in a terrible way... Watching the first 2 periods and seeing Detroit just chase the Flames around the ice like in the pee-wees. Come on Babcocks do something....
bluephinn PM bluephinn
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4062
 
bluephinn
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/14/2013 5:41:21 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sd-jones:

Sorry Blue... I was anti-technology until of late, and I just got an Email address in the last (2) years. I think hockey is one of a few sports that only real men can play. (rugby football is another) But there's no contact in NBA... NFL plays once a week and wears pads... MLB .. Well you make the call. I just love the sport and I like the insight from this forum abd I think we all benefit from the info. I do live in a gambling/tourist town in Nevada though but alas I am not sponsored....



No need to apologize for making a living sd...I`m just an arrogant prick that has a view of the world that I try endlessly too dispel..
Peace pipe was off the chart though my friend..Rugby football. Um..Only highlights my initial response..Wings losing has nothing to do with this..I just wish that covers advertisers did not have to resort to the creation of a user..God they are not...That said,let it be known that both the NBA and the NHL official forum(s) need resuscitation and tis a pleasure to get an insight from you or anyone else that knows there pucks...Paid for or not tis always a good read..Whether we win or lose...Peace....


sd-jones PM sd-jones
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 469
 
sd-jones
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 3/14/2013 6:30:49 AM
Yes Blue my friend, it would have been nice for Detroit get out of the loss column but it's looks like their used to it. But it's good to hear from a fellow hockey fan... With the exception of the lock-outs, still tops in pro sports... and Women's volleyball
Forum: Pro Hockey
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.