Messages

Forum Index : NBA Betting : Messages Page 3 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [NBA Betting] Topic: The Reason Why Lebron Will Always Have Critics!!!!!
3BallBomber send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
3BallBomber
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 12427
Location:
#51
Posted: 6/27/2012 10:02:00 AM
Garnett, Pierce, and Allen had already spent their best years in their respective teams before forming. James, Bosh, and Wade were entering their prime and much younger when they joined forces. KG spent 12 yrs in Minny before being traded - his best years were in the early to mid of 2000. His numbers started to go down especially rebounding once he was a Celtic. Allen spent 10 yrs in 2 diff teams and i also felt his best years were in Sonics (where he won alot of individual accolades) in the early to mid 2000's. Pierce the same though he is the younger of the 3. If you notice every year since they formed they started to deplete slowly indicating they were at the tail end of their careers.

The NEW Big Three are much younger, faster, and stronger. Which is expected when you consider Lebron was 26 and only 8 yrs in the league Bosh 27 before joing Wade who was 29 and if you think he is declining you'r sadly mistaken spite of how he performed in the playoffs this year. Lebron is only getting started in his career, Bosh exactly the same. & Wade i predict will be putting up far better numbers within these next couple of years.

Oh there's a big difference spite of what stats you choose to post.up.
quote
mellow_wolf send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mellow_wolf
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3259
Location:
#52
Posted: 6/27/2012 11:25:18 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by 3BallBomber:

Garnett, Pierce, and Allen had already spent their best years in their respective teams before forming. James, Bosh, and Wade were entering their prime and much younger when they joined forces. KG spent 12 yrs in Minny before being traded - his best years were in the early to mid of 2000. His numbers started to go down especially rebounding once he was a Celtic. Allen spent 10 yrs in 2 diff teams and i also felt his best years were in Sonics (where he won alot of individual accolades) in the early to mid 2000's. Pierce the same though he is the younger of the 3. If you notice every year since they formed they started to deplete slowly indicating they were at the tail end of their careers.

The NEW Big Three are much younger, faster, and stronger. Which is expected when you consider Lebron was 26 and only 8 yrs in the league Bosh 27 before joing Wade who was 29 and if you think he is declining you'r sadly mistaken spite of how he performed in the playoffs this year. Lebron is only getting started in his career, Bosh exactly the same. & Wade i predict will be putting up far better numbers within these next couple of years.

Oh there's a big difference spite of what stats you choose to post.up.

Big difference? Not really.

The stats are not of my choosing. They are numbers documented by the NBA.

My only point is that none of them were crippled or past their primes in 2007, as you so clearly implied. Didn't mean to compare them to Miami's big 3, who obviously came together at a younger age and are still in their prime time--that's not a point of dispute.(We will have to see how Miami does in the future--I am curious). Just that the C's were all still great, All-Star level players and not nearly past their best years, as you seem to rthink. The data bear that out.

As to depleting numbers, obviously their stats went down when they joined, but's that's more because of the shared burden(and more even distribution of shots and opportunities). Also, KG played 7 minutes a game less when he joined the Celtics, which was a large factor in his drop in rebounds. Per 48 minutes, his rebounds remained virtually the same. Their change in stats were not solely or even remotely due to a severe decline in talent.

They all played at a high level from 2007-1010. Were it not for KG's season ending injury in 2008(a 62 win season), they might have had the distinct possibility of making 3 consecutive NBA Finals. Certainly not indicative of a Celtics regime in decline or aging to the point of noncompetitiveness. The last 2 years have been representative of their most severe decline(yet they still made the ECF this season), not the first 3 years they were together.

You choose to interpet the data in your own manner, which is fine. That's your right. However, there are different and just as valid, if not more objective, interpretations.

quote
scooby-doos send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
scooby-doos
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 208
Location: New York
#53
Posted: 6/28/2012 11:27:50 AM
lefraud will always be criticized..he is the worlds biggest cry baby.... he gets all the calls....  
quote
Asomugha send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
Asomugha
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 5565
Location: Denmark
#54
Posted: 6/28/2012 11:43:35 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scooby-doos:

lefraud will always be criticized..he is the worlds biggest cry baby.... he gets all the calls....  


You are the only cry baby here. You are the one whining @ the best player of all time getting a ring.
quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37659
Location: Minnesota
#55
Posted: 6/28/2012 11:56:33 AM
No one does it on their own.  

You pretty much have to have 2-3 studs to win a title these days.  It's just a fact. 

Cleveland had NOTHING around James.  They had to be awful for a year just to get the number 1 pick.  If James had stayed there, they would have still been good, but would have never would have had the draft picks to be great.  They could have done it with free agency, but there was no guarantee.  In Miami he had a guarantee of a certain core being in place.  Big deal. Garnett did the same thing when he went to Boston.  He's a douche bag and no one goes after him.

I don't have any problem with what her did....just the way he did it.  
quote
KobezKing send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
KobezKing
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 15969
Location:
#56
Posted: 6/28/2012 5:38:55 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Asomugha:



You are the only cry baby here. You are the one whining @ the best player of all time getting a ring.

 

You do realize that when u say something like the best player of all time and lebron in same sentence that u lose all credibilty. seriously lebron lover or hater how can u possibly make a comment like that after a guy winning 1 ring. Its an insult to say right now, not sayin someday he wont b cuz who knows what will happen with rest of career.  But just to make a statement like that is assonine

quote
Forum Index : NBA Betting : Messages Page 3 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.