Messages

Forum Index : NBA Betting : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
Author: [NBA Betting] Topic: HOW DOES VEGAS DO IT?
MakeSumCake
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
MakeSumCake
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 3050
Location: Texas
#26
Posted: 2/22/2012 12:52:30 AM
This is why i only do totals and not spreads. Vegas is corrupt.
quote
DaBestEver24
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
DaBestEver24
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2486
Location: Hawaii
#27
Posted: 2/22/2012 2:01:15 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by neverchase93:

and the refs gave det an extra second for the last second 3!!
but seriously, if you think it is rigged, don't bet!!!
This is the dumbest post i had ever seen
quote
ajmaverick send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ajmaverick
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 2791
Location: United States
#28
Posted: 2/22/2012 2:09:43 AM
As most of you know on this forum. There is one reason for the lines. It's not just what the score will be. But, instead what will be the best line for getting even action. That's all.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
DaBestEver24
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
DaBestEver24
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2486
Location: Hawaii
#29
Posted: 2/22/2012 2:11:59 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ajmaverick:

As most of you know on this forum. There is one reason for the lines. It's not just what the score will be. But, instead what will be the best line for getting even action. That's all.
Yep
quote
moslo35 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
moslo35
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2315
Location:
#30
Posted: 2/22/2012 2:12:10 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by ajmaverick:

As most of you know on this forum. There is one reason for the lines. It's not just what the score will be. But, instead what will be the best line for getting even action. That's all.

wrong..they dont want even action they want one sided losing action thats why u see alot of these trap lines

quote
sowhyme007
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
sowhyme007
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 200
Location: United States
#31
Posted: 2/22/2012 2:16:49 AM
JUST FIND THE RIGHT FIXED YOU BE OKAY LOL!
quote
SilverBlade send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
SilverBlade
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 76
Location:
#32
Posted: 2/22/2012 2:17:23 AM
I dont mind if it was rigged,  and still will bet it.
They dont point gun on your head ask you to choose one team.
You are free to choose.   if you think it was rigged on team A favour, then pick team A.. whats the problem...

tats why it called gambling.. win or lose decided by urself.. and ur luck
nothing to do with vegas, bookie or god... even if they can rigged all game. 
quote
DaBestEver24
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
DaBestEver24
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2486
Location: Hawaii
#33
Posted: 2/22/2012 2:21:36 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SilverBlade:

I dont mind if it was rigged,  and still will bet it.
They dont point gun on your head ask you to choose one team.
You are free to choose.   if you think it was rigged on team A favour, then pick team A.. whats the problem...

tats why it called gambling.. win or lose decided by urself.. and ur luck
nothing to do with vegas, bookie or god... even if they can rigged all game. 
Yep
quote
7mil send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
7mil
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 30
Location:
#34
Posted: 2/22/2012 2:35:23 AM
U can never win the bookie, cause they have all the information and time to rigged the game.  Covers gives information on what the public deems to win BUT... VEGAS has the inside scooped.

EG.

99% is on ORLANDO but the total placement... let say extreme... $1,000 and the 1% is on MIAMI but placed a total of $1,000,000. 

for some they would say the public is on ORL that's why they chose MIAMI but at the end of the day.WHO DO YOU THINK VEGAS WOULD LET THE TEAM WIN?
quote
SilverBlade send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
SilverBlade
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 76
Location:
#35
Posted: 2/22/2012 2:56:03 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 7mil:

U can never win the bookie, cause they have all the information and time to rigged the game.  Covers gives information on what the public deems to win BUT... VEGAS has the inside scooped.

EG.

99% is on ORLANDO but the total placement... let say extreme... $1,000 and the 1% is on MIAMI but placed a total of $1,000,000. 

for some they would say the public is on ORL that's why they chose MIAMI but at the end of the day.WHO DO YOU THINK VEGAS WOULD LET THE TEAM WIN?


Vegas/Bookie/watever u call it,  they take main profit from spread.
Says 1000 unit was bet on 1 single game.  600 unit on team A , 400 unit on team B, and spread is 8%,  then they get on  hand the advantage of 400 units crossed over = 400 x 8% = 32 unit.
the rest 200 units they let it roll, 
so bookie will go in the game with win : lose ratio of  232 : 200 = 1.16 : 1 ,  or 16% edge.
if you can get 16% edge on every bet (or called it 54:46 winning ratio) , no surprise you'll win money on long run, some safer bookie will even dump out this 200 units to other bigger bookie and just take the 32 units.

so they actually no need to hell care who win who lose.
and it is not so easy to rig a game, so many factors from refree, coaches, players, audience, and other bookies, you have to get them all to 100% control the game,  except you believe all those guys there playing a drama-game for you.

why we most of player losing money in long run, is because we keep losing money on spread.  you win 51 time lose 49 time, believe me you still losing money, because of spread.

quote
7mil send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
7mil
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 30
Location:
#36
Posted: 2/22/2012 3:53:18 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SilverBlade:



Vegas/Bookie/watever u call it,  they take main profit from spread.
Says 1000 unit was bet on 1 single game.  600 unit on team A , 400 unit on team B, and spread is 8%,  then they get on  hand the advantage of 400 units crossed over = 400 x 8% = 32 unit.
the rest 200 units they let it roll, 
so bookie will go in the game with win : lose ratio of  232 : 200 = 1.16 : 1 ,  or 16% edge.
if you can get 16% edge on every bet (or called it 54:46 winning ratio) , no surprise you'll win money on long run, some safer bookie will even dump out this 200 units to other bigger bookie and just take the 32 units.

so they actually no need to hell care who win who lose.
and it is not so easy to rig a game, so many factors from refree, coaches, players, audience, and other bookies, you have to get them all to 100% control the game,  except you believe all those guys there playing a drama-game for you.

why we most of player losing money in long run, is because we keep losing money on spread.  you win 51 time lose 49 time, believe me you still losing money, because of spread.


Strongly agree with you on the logic.  Still you have to wonder why with games that are obviously TEAM A should win, loses.  But hey... what you say is true.
quote
capperintuition send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
capperintuition
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 319
Location: Illinois
#37
Posted: 2/22/2012 9:24:27 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by moslo35:

wrong..they dont want even action they want one sided losing action thats why u see alot of these trap lines

LOL.  Not sure where you get your info moslo, you are making stuff up or someone is lying to you.  The golden rule for books is to get even action and let the vig return consistent profits.  If a book is too heavy on one side it is called "being exposed." If they wanted to be heavy on a side they wouldn't call it being exposed.   

quote
teamJD send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
teamJD
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1631
Location:
#38
Posted: 2/22/2012 9:26:04 AM
IMO, The game is already written (fixed) before it starts. 
quote
Leafsfan089 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
Leafsfan089
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 135
Location: Nova Scotia
#39
Posted: 2/22/2012 11:03:02 AM
LMAO so many idiots on here saying it doesn't make sense how Miami could lose to Sacremento or how when better teams lose it means the NBA is rigged.... Like a few smart people have already said there are so many variables to rig a game. Sure calls might go one teams way sometimes but SUPERSTARS get SUPERSTAR treatment. You think just because a team is the best they won't have an off night. How maybe a young team that has been losing all season but still has talent won't be able to get up for a game and beat the best teams. Your stupid if you believe everytime Miami plays New Orleans/Charlotte they should win 100% of the time.
quote
Forum Index : NBA Betting : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.