71% of Covers on the Patriots why?

Forum: NFL Betting Page 3 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [NFL Betting] Topic: 71% of Covers on the Patriots why?
704EVER PM 704EVER
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 34
 
704EVER
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 10/10/2012 4:06:40 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by seattleseahawks:


There are websites where you can track the $ going into games.  So yes, there are more $ for NE.....more than 70%.  For all you NE backers, wake up.  SEA almost beat AZ on the road in the opener if their WR didn't drop that ball in the end zone on the last play of the game.  Yet, AZ went into NE and beat NE. AZ already lay the blue print to beat NE.  The game plan against good offense is to keep them off the field.  So run the ball, run the ball again (BEAST mode will energize with home crowd) then complete short pass for 1st downs.  Keep Brady off the field.  If this don't work, then SEA already have the #1 defense to back them up.  Also, don't forget, SEA has 1 of the best special team in the league.  Reason why line is only 3.5 for NE is that Vegas knows public have short term memory.  They only remember last game well.  And NE beat DEN on prime time at home.  Whereas, SEA have to hold on on the road to win.  So look like EZ win for NE.  

 

I wouldn't put too much stock in AZs' win over NE. If anyone really watched that game, something weird was going on with NE. Edleman started and Welker barely saw the field. They also had some very strange play calling and burned a lot of clock on themselves. If NE were to face AZ next week, I believe they would blow them out of the stadium. They've since found their stride. I like NE to win big here.

BuddyIbarra PM BuddyIbarra
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 746
 
BuddyIbarra
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 10/10/2012 5:11:53 PM
[Quote: Originally Posted by seattleseahawks]

There are websites where you can track the $ going into games.  So yes, there are more $ for NE.....more than 70%.  For all you NE backers, wake up.  SEA almost beat AZ on the road in the opener if their WR didn't drop that ball in the end zone on the last play of the game.  Yet, AZ went into NE and beat NE. AZ already lay the blue print to beat NE.  The game plan against good offense is to keep them off the field.  So run the ball, run the ball again (BEAST mode will energize with home crowd) then complete short pass for 1st downs.  Keep Brady off the field.  If this don't work, then SEA already have the #1 defense to back them up.  Also, don't forget, SEA has 1 of the best special team in the league.  Reason why line is only 3.5 for NE is that Vegas knows public have short term memory.  They only remember last game well.  And NE beat DEN on prime time at home.  Whereas, SEA have to hold on on the road to win.  So look like EZ win for NE.  
     Well said
Thaistix PM Thaistix
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1506
 
Thaistix
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/10/2012 5:55:51 PM

With Lynch running the ball and Seahawks Defense giving the ball back to Rusell, This might be a another upset in the making.

All 3 teams, Dallas, GB and NE all were Road fav by- 3 to- 3.5.

Both  teams lose already. Tough place to play when you cant hear the calls or signals. 12th are load and crazy.

Advantage HAWKS, Iam Taking home team here or no play.

 

 

AC4LIFE PM AC4LIFE
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3709
 
AC4LIFE
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/10/2012 5:59:37 PM
71% of covers experts.. doesnt mean amount of money or average better or location - east coast people are more susceptible to take new england cuz we hear more about them then seattle out in the west
THEMUGG PM THEMUGG
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 31335
 
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 10/10/2012 6:47:38 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rr207:

It all depends on how well the Seattle defense can match up against the receivers on New England.  If they match up with their defensive backs, Patriots will just run it down their throats.
Seattle has one of the best (& hardest hitting) DB corp's in the nfl..........how should they matchup with the NE wr's.........with their DT's?

 If you're a NE fan you're hoping edelman or welker don't get carried off on a stretcher.......
salsaboy27 PM salsaboy27
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 982
 
salsaboy27
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:15:19 PM
A lot of people are talking about the defense of Seattle if you know NE then you should pay attention to the adjustment they have made on defense. Alfonso Dennard is now playing the right side of the field opposite Devin McCourty. He is way better than Arrington. Seattle's DB are gonna get fooled because while they are shadowing receivers NE will be pounding the ball in Seattle's throat. This is how they will control the clock and the offense will get that supposedly stout defense tired not to mention the no huddle offense that they run where the defense can't substitute.

All the Mumbo Jumbo about the losses of NE to AZ and Baltimore...if you watch the game close there are inconsistencies of ref calling bad plays and yet NE only by 2 or 3. Perception of the public is that NE isn't that good because they lost AZ and blew it in Baltimore.

If this was a double digit chalk I would go with Seattle but -3.5. That's the lowest I've seen NE as a favorite and when they are -7 or below they are usually money.

Improved defense and running game this team is much better than the team that went to the SB last year.

I'll take NE and cash after the game.
rr207 PM rr207
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2932
 
rr207
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:41:27 PM
I remember that in the past, some teams just stayed in their base defense when they played the Patriots.  I only brought up the matchups because the Patriots are really good at creating advantageous mismatches with their personnel groupings on offense.  I know that Seattle has a hard hitting defense, and it probably should intimidate Welker but I doubt it because he already played an outstanding game against them the last time they were out there.  If I was a Seattle fan, I'd ask myself how much more can we get from the rookie qb?  He's gonna have to make some plays.
OH_dawG PM OH_dawG
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 7
 
OH_dawG
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 10/10/2012 9:01:02 PM
PATS!!!
choiOi PM choiOi
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5088
 
choiOi
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 10/10/2012 11:27:41 PM
Starting to lean pats for a 5u play. As well as Seattle have played at home...yaddy YaYa, they are getting +pts. I like the pats and there's not a lot of road fav this week. Books like pats and they know the public loves a home dog in Seattle. Brady and hurry up offense go up by 10pts at the end of 1st half. Making a play on pats 1st half too. GL all.
Posted using a mobile device.
kevmode PM kevmode
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 5552
 
kevmode
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 10/10/2012 11:38:06 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by choiOi:

Starting to lean pats for a 5u play. As well as Seattle have played at home...yaddy YaYa, they are getting +pts. I like the pats and there's not a lot of road fav this week. Books like pats and they know the public loves a home dog in Seattle. Brady and hurry up offense go up by 10pts at the end of 1st half. Making a play on pats 1st half too. GL all.

I disagree the public loves betting the Pats...
kevmode PM kevmode
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 5552
 
kevmode
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 10/13/2012 7:39:17 PM
Win or lose I will be coming back in this thread because if I lose I accept it and try to learn from it and move on.  BOl everyone whatever plays u choose this week.  I am not going to hide after the game if Seattle gets blown out.
hansivonmueller PM hansivonmueller
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1907
 
hansivonmueller
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/13/2012 9:47:14 PM
Being in the Northwest I follow the Seahawk games. Is their defense good, yes, it's the offense that worries me, very anemic. My money is on the Patriots. Seahawks got away with a home win over G.Bay, I can't see it happening to the Patriots. Seattle is not there yet, defense is good, but they need a bigger, taller, QB. Good luck, whatever your choice. Patriots to win by a couple of field goals.
kevmode PM kevmode
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 5552
 
kevmode
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 10/14/2012 10:04:36 PM
SEattle!!
malkin PM malkin
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 4297
 
malkin
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 10/14/2012 10:15:40 PM
darn! all I needed was the patriots by 4 to cash a hard days work and then they lost and worse their my team - I was so upset
I was gonna take Cleveland+3, Buffalo+5 and Nyj -3 with NYG+6 but I had already been to the store and it hit but i was to tired - shitty weekend - lost like 5 times with one game darn ups - even picked a lot of ties but not the right ones
Plisskin76 PM Plisskin76
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 3147
 
Plisskin76
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/14/2012 10:28:40 PM
why,because the public is square. they got thier behind kicked today. atl,sf,pats eagles all square bets
THEMUGG PM THEMUGG
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 31335
 
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 10/14/2012 10:37:54 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by salsaboy27:

A lot of people are talking about the defense of Seattle if you know NE then you should pay attention to the adjustment they have made on defense. Alfonso Dennard is now playing the right side of the field opposite Devin McCourty. He is way better than Arrington. Seattle's DB are gonna get fooled because while they are shadowing receivers NE will be pounding the ball in Seattle's throat. This is how they will control the clock and the offense will get that supposedly stout defense tired not to mention the no huddle offense that they run where the defense can't substitute.

All the Mumbo Jumbo about the losses of NE to AZ and Baltimore...if you watch the game close there are inconsistencies of ref calling bad plays and yet NE only by 2 or 3. Perception of the public is that NE isn't that good because they lost AZ and blew it in Baltimore.

If this was a double digit chalk I would go with Seattle but -3.5. That's the lowest I've seen NE as a favorite and when they are -7 or below they are usually money.

Improved defense and running game this team is much better than the team that went to the SB last year.

I'll take NE and cash after the game.

 You will get nothing & like it.....
THEMUGG PM THEMUGG
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 31335
 
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 10/14/2012 10:58:24 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by malkin:

PATRIOTS ARE THE TEAM OF THE LAST DECADE! SEATTLE HAHAHAHAHAHA - darn THAT garbage! GRONK! WELKER! HERNADEZ! + A RUNNING GAME! VS A ROOKIE QB - VINCE WILFORK! BILL BELICHECK! and HIS ABILITY TO CONFUSE ROOKIE QB'S - THE OFFENSE IS A CHUGING! - MOST POINTS SCORED IN THE NFL! THE LINE IS ONLY -3.5 BECAUSE THEY ARE TRYING TO SUCKER PEOPLE! PEOPLE WHO THINK "HEY THEY HAVE IDENTICAL 3-2 RECORDS IT'S GONNA BE A CLOSE ONE"
- TIME TO SMARTEN UP PEOPLE! PATRIOTS ARE ELITE! SEATTLE IS SMALL TIME garbage!

 
malkin PM malkin
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 4297
 
malkin
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 10/14/2012 11:33:40 PM
what did you guys cash today?
malkin PM malkin
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 4297
 
malkin
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 10/14/2012 11:34:31 PM
nothing as well - welcome to the club boys
AnthonyStarks PM AnthonyStarks
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3746
 
AnthonyStarks
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/14/2012 11:36:05 PM
good job kev
cam2smitty PM cam2smitty
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 558
 
cam2smitty
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 10/14/2012 11:52:24 PM
Haha, that guy actually bought into the "DC Jimmy Shitpants is great at fooling rookie QBs." The announcers use that line all the time and are right less than half the time. 
malkin PM malkin
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 4297
 
malkin
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 10/15/2012 12:27:33 AM
Patriots will rebound - so will I
BuddyIbarra PM BuddyIbarra
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 746
 
BuddyIbarra
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 10/15/2012 1:13:41 AM
Hey everyone hows that Pat bet working out for you. GO SEAHAWKS. Go and bet the whiners -7 too. 
seattleseahawks PM seattleseahawks
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 534
 
seattleseahawks
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 10/15/2012 12:42:11 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by malkin:

PATRIOTS ARE THE TEAM OF THE LAST DECADE! SEATTLE HAHAHAHAHAHA - darn THAT garbage! GRONK! WELKER! HERNADEZ! + A RUNNING GAME! VS A ROOKIE QB - VINCE WILFORK! BILL BELICHECK! and HIS ABILITY TO CONFUSE ROOKIE QB'S - THE OFFENSE IS A CHUGING! - MOST POINTS SCORED IN THE NFL! THE LINE IS
ONLY -3.5 BECAUSE THEY ARE TRYING TO SUCKER PEOPLE! PEOPLE WHO THINK "HEY THEY HAVE IDENTICAL 3-2 RECORDS IT'S GONNA BE A CLOSE ONE"
- TIME TO SMARTEN UP PEOPLE! PATRIOTS ARE ELITE! SEATTLE IS SMALL TIME garbage!

Yeah VEGAS suck the public guy like u.  Still have lots to learn in betting my friend.  Hope you learn now after Seattle get you to garbage and PISS in your pants
Forum: NFL Betting Page 3 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.