Messages

Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [College Football] Topic: What did you see at your teams spring game?
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 16108
Location: South Carolina
#1
Posted: 4/16/2012 4:59:54 PM
Clemson update:

First of all I would like to say that I think Dabo continues to do a tremendous job recruiting. The young talent he his bringing in is starting to show itself. Last year they win their conference title and I think its a possibility again this season. This season I think this team is poised to be among the 3 best offensive teams in all of football.

QB - Solid. Taja did throw 2 picks. One was a bad throw and one was a tipped ball. But overall his passes looked crisp and on target. Plus he knows where he's going with ball. What I mean is the guy understands his reads and knows where the check downs are. Grade A-

RB - This group is really solid. Ellington didn't play. No need for our star running back to play to be honest with you. D.J Howard and Mike Bellamy are good backs who fit very well in this offense. D.J has a relentless style of running I think most people can appreciate. Bellamy is a home run hitter. If this kid can hang onto the football he WILL see more playing time. I think his ability to grasp the offense at times has really held him back plus Morris cant trust him in pass coverage. We also have this kid named Zac Brooks, Wow, does thisw kid pass the eye test or what. But, I think he will have to work his way up to see some playing time. Overall this group is deep. Grade A 

OL - This is where I think the rubber meets the road with this team. Will the O-line be the dominate group they can be? I think they have more talent and depth now then in the past 2 years, but I'm still waiting to see these guys dominate up front. They Pass block really good. The run block poor. Cant understand why it is. I know during the spring game you will see a mix of players in different combinations, but I just dont see a group yet who are mean enough to take over a game. Grade C

WR & TE - If there is a better group in the country, please someone point them out. Im serious. I watched these guys put on a show. Sammy Watkins is the best WR in the country bar none. Nuke Hopkins would easily be a #1 guy on most teams. He has really improved IMO. If I had to pick a guy who I think improved the most over the spring and winter, it's him. Bryant and Peake are two legit 6'5 receivers who can go up and get the ball. Plus Bryant runs a 4.3 40. How do you defend all of these guys? We lose All- American TE Allen, but I think Brandon Ford fits nicely in this offense. A 6'4 TE who has speed and strength fits well in any offense to be honest with you. Overall, this is best group on the team. Grade A+ 



DL - This group has the talent to keep right in track of last years team. But they have to prove it. The biggest concern is DT. They have several guys ready to replace but none claiming the position. When you have a group by committee, that usually means you dont have " A " guy. Grade C+

LB - I think this group has really made the biggest improvements as a whole. There experience should really help core the Zone style of defense Brent Venables likes to run. I would really like to see Tony Steward come back strong and help with  depth of these guys. Overall B+  

 
DB - This group IMO looked bad last year. Problem was they were consistently out of position. Again, I think that Venables style of defense should help these guys more. They have speed and size to compete with anyone, problem has been the Man to Man press scheme former DC Steele loved to run. I think this group has the potential to better that the grade im going to give them, but for now..... Grade C+ 




I know its early. But this is where we ALL learn more and more about each others teams. If any of you have some updates on your team...please share.
 
quote
PennStateMan077 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
PennStateMan077
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 9674
Location: New Jersey
#2
Posted: 4/16/2012 7:12:36 PM
I'll be at Penn State on Saturday... Will give my update after 
quote
cherokee10 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
cherokee10
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4376
Location: Ohio
#3
Posted: 4/16/2012 10:31:51 PM

Ohio State on Saturday, hopefully the weather cooperates.

 

quote
thisguyiswise send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thisguyiswise
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6899
Location: Wisconsin
#4
Posted: 4/19/2012 2:02:10 AM
penn state will be airing on big ten network at 8 on a tape delay...hearing all 3qbs in the battle are looking sharp, bolden most impressive.
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 16108
Location: South Carolina
#5
Posted: 4/19/2012 9:19:39 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by thisguyiswise:

penn state will be airing on big ten network at 8 on a tape delay...hearing all 3qbs in the battle are looking sharp, bolden most impressive.


Bolden better have had a life changing event. Cause that cat cant read a defense. Lots of talent, just not alot of natural instincts.
quote
thisguyiswise send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thisguyiswise
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6899
Location: Wisconsin
#6
Posted: 4/20/2012 11:56:48 PM
boom, agreed.  i think its went wrong for the start with him with all the pressure then the transfer.  namely, his dad has been to blame but thats a story for another day.

bolden without a doubt has the most talent, however paul jones was a 5 star who joe did not allow on the field for 2 years due to academics.  i think penn state nation wants to see him run away with the job.  he to me was by far the best qb in the spring game as a true frosh a couple years back.  then he was ineligible.

i do think all qbs will be better as we have much better coaching in place for the offense.  for all the good of jay paterno as a human, he could not coach qbs and dont get me started on the red head.  

hackenberg cant come soon enough.
quote
thisguyiswise send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thisguyiswise
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6899
Location: Wisconsin
#7
Posted: 4/22/2012 12:55:40 AM
review of psu spring game today

qb qb qb---mcgloin looked like he was defacto starter in this game, and he was his usual self, looking awful on 2 drives, looking great on 2 other drives.  you know what you are getting here.  bolden threw three picks, two on screen passes and laughed all day on the sidelines, as i said head case, waste of talent, cant imagine BOB feels he owes this top recruit anything, shouldnt sniff the field.  the "guy" here and was reported all day was Paul Jones.  For the second time now I have seen him in spring games this former top recruit looks like a sick talent with a ton of confidence, at 6'2 245 lbs this kid looks like a shorter daunte culpepper.  A bit raw on his touch passes, that will take experience, but mobility and his gun is unmatched on this roster.  KiJana Carter said it, he has it, after an unbelievable pass completion for 40 yds down the sideline across his body on the move, he slapped BOB's behind and they shared a laugh.  This is the guy, has to be the guy, and he's only a soph.  They should be doing everything to get this guy going for fall, otherwise they stand no chance on offense unless...

they run the ball....silas redd is silas redd, bill belton will surprise as former wildcat qb/wr last year, kid is shifty as hell and fast, great complement.  fullback zack zwiniak will rotate zordich but is a better runner and will be used, that was obvious today and he was impressive.

wrs---allen robinson turned heads, a soph not highly recruited, made some big plays, and justin brown is clear #1 wr with nfl body. if someone thinks BOB will have a Gronk on this team, he doest not, that will come with Brenneman in two years.  Jesse James is a frosh in early, he has the size but will take time...otherwise tight ends are big and slow. devon smith did not play due to injury

dline--best part of defense, jordan hill could/should be next devon still, d ends are raw, olyanian should impress from mich, crawford continues to look just ordinary, brad bars was impressive

lbs--incomplete carson most impressive, fortt and all amer mauti both injured knees so could not play, will be good for fall.

dbs--amos looks smooth at safety making big plays, transitioning from cb, cb is problem but thomas and converted wr drake looked decent.  glad the HERO is gone, basically another word for a linebacker playing safety who got beat like a mule on any pass over 20 yds, see nick sukay last year.  looks like they have a sleeper at safety, white kid #38 or something who is lean but was hitting people hard coming across middle.

Spec Teams---return game looks best i have seen in a while, belton should be fine there with smith..punting looked awful as usual, kicker is one of best in country.

thought there was much more involvement with coaches and players in this game that i have ever seen and understandable.  all in all a work in progress and not much talent coming for the 2012 class, unlike 2013.  but if paul jones is "it" guy, they could turn some heads this year.

thats my long summary.  they arent as bad as people think they will be, but they wont be sniffing a top bowl game unless the qb play improves, which we knew.
quote
thisguyiswise send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thisguyiswise
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6899
Location: Wisconsin
#8
Posted: 4/22/2012 1:00:48 AM
Brian Urlacher was there to support the team and coach roof.

Was nice to see, even though he's a new mexico guy.  Class act.

All recruits were there including 8 from 2013 class, lost a recruit to ohio state today in LB Anzalone, unfortunately.

k i am done, thx for the thread boom.
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 16108
Location: South Carolina
#9
Posted: 4/22/2012 9:19:20 AM
thisguyiswise -

From what I seen of your teams game I agree that Jones will probably be the guy at some point. But!! I think the guy has much work to do. Why? His mechanics are bad IMO. He has a pretty big glitch in his throwing motion. His arm does look " live " he does have the ability to make the defense respect his feet but decision making is a problem right now. He missed a few wide open passes that QB's need to make in their sleep.

I say all that to say this. He is the most talented QB on the squad. I personally would start him so that I could let him go through the growing pains. If I had to put money on it I would say he will be your guy starting the season.

Other than that, Penn S.T is still Penn S.T and should be back sooner then later.

 
quote
cherokee10 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
cherokee10
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4376
Location: Ohio
#10
Posted: 4/22/2012 7:11:54 PM

Quick and painless: OSU

QB: Plain and simple, Brax Miller. Kenny G is behind him, and showed some signs of improvement during the spring game, but as a soph, this is Brax's team. His mechanics are much better, tight spirals, and he can throw on the move....well.

RB: Sr. Jordan Hall didn't play in the spring game, Meyer kept on seniors out, for good reason. Expect him, along with Carlos Hyde to get most of the carries out of the back-field. Frosh B Dunn had some highlights during the game, and Rod Smith will be in the mix as well during the 2012 season. Most of the game they passed, so didn't see the typical Meyer offense w/the running backs.

WR: Two words, Mike Thomas. Frosh was Brax's go-to-guy yesterday, kid is confident too. Watch for him the season, wow. Key WR's will be Philly Brown, Chris Fields and Devin Smith. This young group has 1 yr under their belt w/Brax (excluding Thomas) and under Meyers offense, they'll shine even more. As for the TE, Stoneburner will shine in this offense. Last yr had 7 TD's on only 14 receptions, unreal....Kid is big and will get many many more touches under this offense.

OL: Typical OSU line, sketchy....protection was good throughout game, but losing AA center in Brewster may hurt more than we think. There might be some frosh stepping in for some serious PT, but we'll see.

DL: Brightest spot is a no brainer, John Simon. Simon, like Hall, played none in the spring game. No injuries, but more-so for the saftey of the players....He was huge last year, but watching him at midfield for the coin-toss, he's even bigger. Pressure was good for the most part, especially from soph Michael Bennett. Juniors Bellamy and Hankins will be up front as well.

LB: Not your typical OSU core. Lone senior Etienne Sabino, looked great during the game, some big hits. Storm Klein was out due to injury, but he'll most likely be in a starting spot. Lastly, soph's Ry Shazier and Curtis Grant will be in the mix as well. Shazier is big, tall and angry. Grant has made some big strides from LY, major playing time this yr.

DB: Besides Howard, this secondary is young, but good. Roby, as a soph. may be the best out of this group. Has a nack for getting to the ball, watch for this kid this yr. Bryant and CJ barnett (both jr's) will be in the mix as well. Don't worry about age, this group will be good this yr, VERY good in 2013.

OSU only ran about 30% of their offense yesterday, and it was easy to tell...way too vanilla for Meyer, but passing was the main emphasis. Come fall they'll open up the playbook more than JT did his entire tenure.

They have nothing to lose this season (bowl ban) and with so many young-guns, they'll be in the national title mix in 2013 and 2014....should be an exciting year.

 

quote
jwheels86
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
jwheels86
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 13036
Location: Alabama
#11
Posted: 4/22/2012 10:01:22 PM
I was actually a little bit surprised how much bigger all the UF players have gotten since the new Strength Coach came in making them do all the Olympic lifts. Our LB gained 40 lbs and many others have gained at least 20.. They play a lot more physical and the trenches finally have depth on both sides which hasn't been the case for the last two seasons. I was also surprised by all the formations shown in the Spring game with the new OC Pease from Boise State, they were shifting a lot and didn't have any false starts which is unreal for as sloppy as they have been the last two years. The improvement should be a big step all around this year and the defense should a top 6 Unit and both QB's looked much better with their throws and footwork. They will still be a year away but the brand of football should be a lot better out there finally.
quote
thisguyiswise send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thisguyiswise
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6899
Location: Wisconsin
#12
Posted: 4/22/2012 11:59:03 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

thisguyiswise -

From what I seen of your teams game I agree that Jones will probably be the guy at some point. But!! I think the guy has much work to do. Why? His mechanics are bad IMO. He has a pretty big glitch in his throwing motion. His arm does look " live " he does have the ability to make the defense respect his feet but decision making is a problem right now. He missed a few wide open passes that QB's need to make in their sleep.

I say all that to say this. He is the most talented QB on the squad. I personally would start him so that I could let him go through the growing pains. If I had to put money on it I would say he will be your guy starting the season.

Other than that, Penn S.T is still Penn S.T and should be back sooner then later.

 

i agree, they just have to roll with jones if he clears grades this semester.  he said he has his school work literally hanging over his bed on clothes lines so it gets done.  he has got to be the guy, i just dont see it any other way unless they try mcgloin again and he he makes some boneheaded plays and they bench him.
quote
chef702 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
chef702
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1736
Location: China
#13
Posted: 4/23/2012 11:16:49 AM

UW game this Saturday, not sure if I can go.

Lot of ? on this team.  We all know Price is the 2nd best QB in Pac 12 behind Barkley, but who is going to replace RB, WR and most of all will any play makers emerge on a horid D.

Stay tuned

quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 16108
Location: South Carolina
#14
Posted: 4/23/2012 9:53:14 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jwheels86:

I was actually a little bit surprised how much bigger all the UF players have gotten since the new Strength Coach came in making them do all the Olympic lifts. Our LB gained 40 lbs and many others have gained at least 20.. They play a lot more physical and the trenches finally have depth on both sides which hasn't been the case for the last two seasons. I was also surprised by all the formations shown in the Spring game with the new OC Pease from Boise State, they were shifting a lot and didn't have any false starts which is unreal for as sloppy as they have been the last two years. The improvement should be a big step all around this year and the defense should a top 6 Unit and both QB's looked much better with their throws and footwork. They will still be a year away but the brand of football should be a lot better out there finally.


I know you thought I had nothing but hate for your gators last year. Not true. I just call things as I see them. But I will tell you this..... as of right now I think Florida will have one of the top 3 defenses in the country this year. Florida!! Not Bama and LSU will be the dominate defense in the SEC this season. Not saying those other two wont be great. They Will. But Florida's DL IMO will take games over.

Here is the problem I have as of right now with Florida. Things may change.... But I just dont see any QB play from this team. Maybe that changes. But as a college football guy, I have to go with best information at hand. Maybe the defense will be good enough to blanket the poor QB play on the team. Alot of times it will....here is when it wont. When you play an elite QB. You will get into a situation where you may be forced to score some points instead of just keeping it close and relying on that defense. Hey man, you know it just like I do. Football more than ever is QB driven game now. You have to have one to survive.




quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 16108
Location: South Carolina
#15
Posted: 4/23/2012 9:55:22 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by cherokee10:

Quick and painless: OSU

QB: Plain and simple, Brax Miller. Kenny G is behind him, and showed some signs of improvement during the spring game, but as a soph, this is Brax's team. His mechanics are much better, tight spirals, and he can throw on the move....well.

RB: Sr. Jordan Hall didn't play in the spring game, Meyer kept on seniors out, for good reason. Expect him, along with Carlos Hyde to get most of the carries out of the back-field. Frosh B Dunn had some highlights during the game, and Rod Smith will be in the mix as well during the 2012 season. Most of the game they passed, so didn't see the typical Meyer offense w/the running backs.

WR: Two words, Mike Thomas. Frosh was Brax's go-to-guy yesterday, kid is confident too. Watch for him the season, wow. Key WR's will be Philly Brown, Chris Fields and Devin Smith. This young group has 1 yr under their belt w/Brax (excluding Thomas) and under Meyers offense, they'll shine even more. As for the TE, Stoneburner will shine in this offense. Last yr had 7 TD's on only 14 receptions, unreal....Kid is big and will get many many more touches under this offense.

OL: Typical OSU line, sketchy....protection was good throughout game, but losing AA center in Brewster may hurt more than we think. There might be some frosh stepping in for some serious PT, but we'll see.

DL: Brightest spot is a no brainer, John Simon. Simon, like Hall, played none in the spring game. No injuries, but more-so for the saftey of the players....He was huge last year, but watching him at midfield for the coin-toss, he's even bigger. Pressure was good for the most part, especially from soph Michael Bennett. Juniors Bellamy and Hankins will be up front as well.

LB: Not your typical OSU core. Lone senior Etienne Sabino, looked great during the game, some big hits. Storm Klein was out due to injury, but he'll most likely be in a starting spot. Lastly, soph's Ry Shazier and Curtis Grant will be in the mix as well. Shazier is big, tall and angry. Grant has made some big strides from LY, major playing time this yr.

DB: Besides Howard, this secondary is young, but good. Roby, as a soph. may be the best out of this group. Has a nack for getting to the ball, watch for this kid this yr. Bryant and CJ barnett (both jr's) will be in the mix as well. Don't worry about age, this group will be good this yr, VERY good in 2013.

OSU only ran about 30% of their offense yesterday, and it was easy to tell...way too vanilla for Meyer, but passing was the main emphasis. Come fall they'll open up the playbook more than JT did his entire tenure.

They have nothing to lose this season (bowl ban) and with so many young-guns, they'll be in the national title mix in 2013 and 2014....should be an exciting year.

 

excellent breakdown Cherokee

Great to see you too
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 16108
Location: South Carolina
#16
Posted: 4/23/2012 9:57:41 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by chef702:

UW game this Saturday, not sure if I can go.

Lot of ? on this team.  We all know Price is the 2nd best QB in Pac 12 behind Barkley, but who is going to replace RB, WR and most of all will any play makers emerge on a horid D.

Stay tuned

I like Washington. Like watching them play. Something is just so inconsistent about this team year after year that drives me nuts. Please!!! let me know what your honest opinion of this team is after the spring game.
quote
jwheels86
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
jwheels86
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 13036
Location: Alabama
#17
Posted: 4/24/2012 1:59:05 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:



I know you thought I had nothing but hate for your gators last year. Not true. I just call things as I see them. But I will tell you this..... as of right now I think Florida will have one of the top 3 defenses in the country this year. Florida!! Not Bama and LSU will be the dominate defense in the SEC this season. Not saying those other two wont be great. They Will. But Florida's DL IMO will take games over.

Here is the problem I have as of right now with Florida. Things may change.... But I just dont see any QB play from this team. Maybe that changes. But as a college football guy, I have to go with best information at hand. Maybe the defense will be good enough to blanket the poor QB play on the team. Alot of times it will....here is when it wont. When you play an elite QB. You will get into a situation where you may be forced to score some points instead of just keeping it close and relying on that defense. Hey man, you know it just like I do. Football more than ever is QB driven game now. You have to have one to survive.





Yea, that will be the most interesting thing about this year is watching the QB's grow for better or worse. It is like this, I was angry last year that two True Frosh had to start games especially against the best defenses in the nation, but now.. It's the greatest thing that could have ever happened for the team going into this year. I have had my doubts about both QB's last year but im going to be honest, if you watch them in the Spring game they are definitely coming along and I don't mean by the plays they made which were nice on their own, I mean the footwork that Weis was not teaching these young kids and that Pease is bringing to the table.

 I think we have finally found our perfect fit at OC for the first time since the Head Coach was there.. and you know that is saying a lot coming from a Gator fan. He is perfect for the college game and if he could make all that happen with less talent, I have a good feeling with the talent coming in and there now for him to use.. and while I agree about our QB play, the thing that can help offset it other than a great defense is the fact that his play calling is so outstanding and will have defenses guessing by the 2nd half of each game. In the end, not even the QB is going to be the biggest thing that translates to success this year, it's the Offensive Line and how the running game gets going, which I finally have a good feeling about for the first time since Earnest Graham was there. We have big backs and don't rely on a QB to get the tough yards, When Tebow was there the running game worked and I can't deny that mixed in with Harvin but watching that style as a fan is much more tough to handle than knowing you have tanks in the backfield to just take it off tackle and punish people for TD's and it won't hurt your QB..
quote
jwheels86
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
jwheels86
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 13036
Location: Alabama
#18
Posted: 4/24/2012 2:03:03 AM
Also, I watched the Clemson Spring game and liked what I saw.. Venables will be good for them I know for a fact..They have a lot of good WR's and I saw a few young ones at the end I liked. One of them was a white kid, might be a walk on but he looked too athletic to not be on Scholarship. I watched one route he ran and knew he was legit. Maybe #6 or something off the top of the head
quote
mafioso send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
mafioso
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1365
Location: California
#19
Posted: 4/24/2012 3:00:14 AM

Florida St actually looks like they are ready to air the ball out all day long all day strong.

When I saw the spring game last year I couldnt beleive they were ranked number 6 to start the season, I faded them all year and I was right, Now Im saying they are a top 5 team no doubt about it.

 

Also the  Florida Gators defense will be sick again this year, maybe better than last year, while the offense will once again be way below average.

quote
jwheels86
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
jwheels86
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 13036
Location: Alabama
#20
Posted: 4/24/2012 3:42:09 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mafioso:

Florida St actually looks like they are ready to air the ball out all day long all day strong.

When I saw the spring game last year I couldnt beleive they were ranked number 6 to start the season, I faded them all year and I was right, Now Im saying they are a top 5 team no doubt about it.

 

Also the  Florida Gators defense will be sick again this year, maybe better than last year, while the offense will once again be way below average.


The Gators defense will be much better compared to last year and by a lot. They didn't even have the DB's starting they wanted or the depth to blitz a lot, they have it all now and guys with a lot of experience everywhere. A lot of under games with this team in conference coming this year.

FSU still has the OL problem that will make or break them, if they don't improve a lot they will lose another 3 games at least. It really ends there for them, their defense is really good, the QB is good but they can't protect him or run the football and that is all that matters in this sport in the big conferences. Pass protecting is much different but you have to be able to run the ball and that was their weakness last year that made their pre season ranking go badly and continued to be the problem all year long. The only good part for them is their schedule is ridiculously easy even more than usual.
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 16108
Location: South Carolina
#21
Posted: 4/24/2012 6:55:18 AM
Jwheels...

I don't deny that the qbs will be better. I just want to see them with "live" bullets being thrown at them.

You were prolly seeing the kid adam humphries. The guy is solid. Only problem is hes behind so many guys right now on the depth chart. Clemson is absolutely loaded at receiver. Its been a long time since ive seen a team with this many legit threats. Clemson is loaded at the skill position.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
HookEmHorns22
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
HookEmHorns22
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 21985
Location: United States
#22
Posted: 4/24/2012 11:47:59 PM
FIRST OFF WHAT'S UP BOOM 

I haven't been able to stay up much on college football as I have been pretty busy with NHL. However I do want to say if Clemson can get their defense together they should be pretty scary this year again. Fall can't get here soon enough. 

quote
jwheels86
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
jwheels86
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 13036
Location: Alabama
#23
Posted: 4/25/2012 2:48:22 AM
Football season needs to get here, haven't been this anxious in years. The off season is terrible and my Sox aren't making it much fun as of now again.
quote
THEMUGG
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 29247
Location: Washington
#24
Posted: 4/25/2012 10:59:06 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by chef702:

UW game this Saturday, not sure if I can go.

Lot of ? on this team.  We all know Price is the 2nd best QB in Pac 12 behind Barkley, but who is going to replace RB, WR and most of all will any play makers emerge on a horid D.

Stay tuned

 RB shouldn't be an issue with Callier & Sankey............& I'm hoping Cooper stays healthy as he was VHT'd a couple years ago. I'm anxious to see what the D looks like but I'm sure we'll have to wait for Sept. to really tell the difference. I can't make the game either but may catch some of it on radio.

quote
chef702 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
chef702
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1736
Location: China
#25
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:43:38 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

 RB shouldn't be an issue with Callier & Sankey............& I'm hoping Cooper stays healthy as he was VHT'd a couple years ago. I'm anxious to see what the D looks like but I'm sure we'll have to wait for Sept. to really tell the difference. I can't make the game either but may catch some of it on radio.

Not much to report on as injuries have forced the game to played as offensive vs defense rather than having to squads.

Hopefully Serafin-Jenkins can focus on FB because his basketball skills are horrible. (He throws elbows like Metta-World)

Link to local http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/stevekelley/2018097086_kelley29.html

I didn't go to the game so can't report.   That being said when I did go to the game last year, I was impressed with QB Price ability to run.  In the spring game you can't tackle the QB so this will keep rush stats low also award sacks to def just for getting close.  Think the offense will be good again

Good luck with the Eagles Chris Polk, can't believe you didn't get drafted.

quote
Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.