World Series winner and sleeper!

Forum: MLB Betting Page 2 of 2  1 2  
Author: [MLB Betting] Topic: World Series winner and sleeper!
helmstetter21 PM helmstetter21
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 12928
Maryland
 
helmstetter21
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/13/2011 12:36:50 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ClamChowder:

WS: Phil

Sleeper: Twins, Toronto, Cubs

wow....I got Toronto finishing 5th in the east(behind Balt) and Cubs finishing 5th in the central just infront of Pitt

GL this season

lilspike23 PM lilspike23
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 16
 
lilspike23
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/13/2011 3:58:11 PM

WS: red sox (as much as i hate to say it) sleeper: oakland and watch out for the braves in the nl east phils rotation cant hit for them and there pen not reliable

 

helmstetter21 PM helmstetter21
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 12928
Maryland
 
helmstetter21
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/13/2011 8:18:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by lilspike23:

WS: red sox (as much as i hate to say it) sleeper: oakland and watch out for the braves in the nl east phils rotation cant hit for them and there pen not reliable

 

I agree 100%....Uggla is a huge pick up for them
ajgtroops PM ajgtroops
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 7295
California
 
ajgtroops
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/13/2011 11:15:07 PM

ws:  Cubs

sleeper: A's

helmstetter21 PM helmstetter21
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 12928
Maryland
 
helmstetter21
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/13/2011 11:21:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ajgtroops:

ws:  Cubs

sleeper: A's

My Washington Nationals have a better chance to win the WS than the Cubs!!!
The Hawk PM The Hawk
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 17628
Arizona
 
The Hawk
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2011 4:53:45 AM

One of the things I look at is the division the teams are in? What teams would have the easiest road?

For that reason, I like the Giants and A's, and not just becuase I'm a Giants fan. Look the division that includes the Dbags, Padres, and Dodgers. Colorado? Outside of CarGo, and Tools, Todd Helton is winding down, then you have guys like Dexter Fowlup, Ian Stewart, Brad Hawpe..................real studs............

Same thing for the A's-all they have to do is beat a Lee-less Ranger team. Angels cannot be counted out because of their manager, but I just don't see all the pieces there.

Conversely, AL East is sick. You can make a case for Yankees, Sox, Tampa, hell, Blue Jays lineup is going to puff up some ERAs this season.

God, I love baseball................

helmstetter21 PM helmstetter21
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 12928
Maryland
 
helmstetter21
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2011 10:04:16 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by The Hawk:

One of the things I look at is the division the teams are in? What teams would have the easiest road?

For that reason, I like the Giants and A's, and not just becuase I'm a Giants fan. Look the division that includes the Dbags, Padres, and Dodgers. Colorado? Outside of CarGo, and Tools, Todd Helton is winding down, then you have guys like Dexter Fowlup, Ian Stewart, Brad Hawpe..................real studs............

Same thing for the A's-all they have to do is beat a Lee-less Ranger team. Angels cannot be counted out because of their manager, but I just don't see all the pieces there.

Conversely, AL East is sick. You can make a case for Yankees, Sox, Tampa, hell, Blue Jays lineup is going to puff up some ERAs this season.

God, I love baseball................

   two things: Texas was at the top of the West last season when Lee arrived in TX and second Blue Jays lineup is going to miss Wells big time!!

Your point is the reason why I like Milw Brewers so much this season

DaThunder84 PM DaThunder84
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 626
Ontario
 
DaThunder84
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2011 10:34:19 AM

WS - Phillies

Sleeper - A's, Reds and my homer pick - Jays

The NL central is going to be wide open as usual, the winner of that division has to avoid the east winner in the first round. I could see the Brewers in this spot too.

helmstetter21 PM helmstetter21
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 12928
Maryland
 
helmstetter21
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/16/2011 8:08:04 PM

OK DaThunder84.....BUT I still think Phillies are not going to be as good as everyone thinks!!  Lost Werth, Utley hurting, and no bullpen

 

GL

mainmanmainman2 PM mainmanmainman2
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 4357
Antarctica
 
mainmanmainman2
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/17/2011 1:04:03 AM
texas rangers a sleeper?
brewers are super sleeper!

texas rangers:

elvis
young
beltre
hamilton
cruz
kinsler

thats their projected 1-6 batting order. very very sick right?
helmstetter21 PM helmstetter21
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 12928
Maryland
 
helmstetter21
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/18/2011 10:51:49 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mainmanmainman2:

texas rangers a sleeper?
brewers are super sleeper!

texas rangers:

elvis
young
beltre
hamilton
cruz
kinsler

thats their projected 1-6 batting order. very very sick right?

Yes love Milw!!

 

Who on here said that Texas is going to be a sleeper?  I think Texas wins the west by atleast 5 games

Bucks10 PM Bucks10
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 2081
 
Bucks10
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/18/2011 10:59:03 PM
Agree with the Reds
Coloneljim PM Coloneljim
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13311
 
Coloneljim
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/19/2011 12:08:12 PM

WS - TEXAS

SLEEPER - METS

helmstetter21 PM helmstetter21
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 12928
Maryland
 
helmstetter21
Participation Meter
Posted: 6/12/2011 1:13:01 PM

1/3 of the season is over....who are your picks now

 

Im sticking with my two teams: Boston and Milwaukee!!

Forum: MLB Betting Page 2 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.