Noah

Forum: NBA Betting
Author: [NBA Betting] Topic: Noah
budwiser PM budwiser
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 7882
 
budwiser
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/10/2012 12:40:18 AM
Is he going to play?  My guess is he is
Mikado PM Mikado
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 10129
 
Mikado
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 5/10/2012 12:52:23 AM
Good chance he is from what I've read, however I would doubt he is anywhere close to 100%.  Good news is that his injury probably wont affect his ability to play the paint, however he is running the risk of injuring himself further.  His presence in the paint can be used regardless.  
budwiser PM budwiser
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 7882
 
budwiser
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/10/2012 1:01:18 AM
yeah i wonder how effective he'll be if he plays

reminds me of the gronkowski thing in the super bowl with the high ankle sprain.  he's got a low ankle sprain but it was nasty


greengrocer PM greengrocer
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 7433
 
greengrocer
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/10/2012 1:01:29 AM
jbago886 PM jbago886
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 57
 
jbago886
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 5/10/2012 1:04:30 AM
Mikado PM Mikado
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 10129
 
Mikado
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 5/10/2012 1:12:32 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by budwiser:

yeah i wonder how effective he'll be if he plays

reminds me of the gronkowski thing in the super bowl with the high ankle sprain.  he's got a low ankle sprain but it was nasty



Football being a lot more contact of a sport an ankle injury would have a lot more of an impact.

However look at Al Harrington of the Nuggets, playing with a torn MCL, broken nose... and his head is about to fall off - yet there is still production there (not great, but still able to play and better than if he didn't play at all)
cubd80 PM cubd80
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2516
 
cubd80
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/10/2012 1:16:51 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Mikado:

Good chance he is from what I've read, however I would doubt he is anywhere close to 100%.  Good news is that his injury probably wont affect his ability to play the paint, however he is running the risk of injuring himself further.  His presence in the paint can be used regardless.  

That's his entire game - running and creating offense in transition, and offensive rebounding. If he can't do that, sure, he'll give Boozer, Asik and Gibson some additional rest, but I don't see how he doesn't hurt the Bulls.
cubd80 PM cubd80
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2516
 
cubd80
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/10/2012 1:18:08 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Mikado:


Football being a lot more contact of a sport an ankle injury would have a lot more of an impact.

However look at Al Harrington of the Nuggets, playing with a torn MCL, broken nose... and his head is about to fall off - yet there is still production there (not great, but still able to play and better than if he didn't play at all)

True, but most of Harrington's game is standing behind the 3 point line, but he does need to be able to get up and down the court in that offense.
budwiser PM budwiser
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 7882
 
budwiser
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/10/2012 1:19:05 AM
Yeah my guess is he's fine.  I've had lower ankle sprains all the time and once you get moving on it you're fine.  It's all a matter of pain

Just saw the interview on NBA with Cheryl Miller she said he has to go through steps, jumping, cutting.  but he looks good

i'm real curious as to if he plays if the line moves towards chicago

if i can't tell i'm laying off
budwiser PM budwiser
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 7882
 
budwiser
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/10/2012 3:15:43 PM
what's up fellas noah's been downgraded to doubtful and the spread's gone from -3 to -3.5

even if he does play it doesn't sound like he'll be 100%

gibson will pllay but he won't be 100%

sixers -3.5 gl fellas
followmylead PM followmylead
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 1554
 
followmylead
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 5/10/2012 4:34:56 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Mikado:

Good chance he is from what I've read, however I would doubt he is anywhere close to 100%.  Good news is that his injury probably wont affect his ability to play the paint, however he is running the risk of injuring himself further.  His presence in the paint can be used regardless.  

Yeah but how will he get back to the paint. All PHI has to is run.

Mikado PM Mikado
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 10129
 
Mikado
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 5/10/2012 4:44:55 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by followmylead:

Yeah but how will he get back to the paint. All PHI has to is run.



Isn't that all Philly had to do last game?

Like I said before you cap this game thinking these guys aren't playing.  Noah will be a paint presence and he was never a guy known for running the break in the first place.  So I don't see why you guys are saying how is he going to run into the paint.  Chicago uses more half-court and shot clock than almost any other team in the league (except maybe Boston).  Even with a bum ankle it isn't going to take you more than 10 seconds to run 96 feet down the court (if that).  Bulls don't give up many transition baskets so I really don't think that speed is an issue here.  This won't affect his ability to rebound, block, and make-putbacks - only his initial reaction time getting to the basket will be slightly delayed. 
budwiser PM budwiser
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 7882
 
budwiser
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/10/2012 4:58:52 PM
it does matter because noah plays an athletic game despite being 6'11".  he's constantly jumping like he's 6'6"

it's not like he's an andrew bynum just there to take up space and put his weight on people.  not that kind of player

also, usually fade someone coming back from injury or what-have-you.  it usually takes a game to get back into it

jmo fellas gl
followmylead PM followmylead
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 1554
 
followmylead
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 5/10/2012 5:04:38 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Mikado:



Isn't that all Philly had to do last game?

Like I said before you cap this game thinking these guys aren't playing.  Noah will be a paint presence and he was never a guy known for running the break in the first place.  So I don't see why you guys are saying how is he going to run into the paint.  Chicago uses more half-court and shot clock than almost any other team in the league (except maybe Boston).  Even with a bum ankle it isn't going to take you more than 10 seconds to run 96 feet down the court (if that).  Bulls don't give up many transition baskets so I really don't think that speed is an issue here.  This won't affect his ability to rebound, block, and make-putbacks - only his initial reaction time getting to the basket will be slightly delayed. 

Actually i was refering to him getting back on defense. Don't u think if PHI runs it would hurt him. U said he would be a presence in the paint and i agree but first he needs to get back on defense. I know he's not a fast break guy.

 

Forum: NBA Betting
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.