Messages

Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 3 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [College Football] Topic: *** My Early Pre Season Top 25 ***
HookEmHorns22
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
HookEmHorns22
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 21479
Location: United States
#51
Posted: 6/22/2012 1:11:59 AM
Texas vs ND 
quote
shark_apreza send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
shark_apreza
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 12391
Location: Portugal
#52
Posted: 6/22/2012 11:10:23 AM
ARKANSAS  abit..justa  bit too high... i know they are loaded..but...as you stated...they lost the captain of the ship

OKST ...mmmmmm.....

agree with boise out of there .....

the top 3 ...mmmm i might put USC 1 BAMA 2 LSU 3
quote
Cover34
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Cover34
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3899
Location: Ohio
#53
Posted: 6/23/2012 12:09:02 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

Look who it is.... Good to see you man

 

Good to be Back!...I may not post much, But as I've always said. I always follow the Booooooom!.....Lets have another great year.

quote
pj702 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
pj702
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1040
Location:
#54
Posted: 6/26/2012 6:06:19 AM

look at florida st schedule this way, they win the battle of florida and go 3-0 in those games, the only other really hard game is vs clemson and at va tech, vs clemson they should win the d is superior revenge from last year etc.

the 1 hard game is at va tech can they win this game? it off a bye so it should help, the other 2 trick games are at usf and at miami fl and florida home end of year but i think florida st is better than the other 3 florida teams and can go 3-0 in those games, who is miami fl this year they gonna kind of suck/ rivalry game but fsu will want to win it too, as long they survive at usf too, they can go 12-0 here

quote
pj702 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
pj702
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1040
Location:
#55
Posted: 6/26/2012 6:07:15 AM
boom boom do you agree that it is likely that clemson loses at florida st? like you say 80 percent chance florida st wins that game?
quote
Hornyfrog2013 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Hornyfrog2013
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 83
Location:
#56
Posted: 6/26/2012 1:00:15 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by pj702:

boom boom do you agree that it is likely that clemson loses at florida st? like you say 80 percent chance florida st wins that game?

 

I wont speak for Boom, but IMO there is no reason to say that Clemson is probably going to lose this game, and especially not 80% sure.  They return much from one of the most potent offenses in the country last year, and arguably a top 5 team in the country through the first 8 weeks.  Florida St is over rated year, after year, after year, and on the biggest stage against an OU team that turned out to not be very good, they shrank and it really wasn't even a game.  Yes, Clemson did the same thing in a couple of games and most notably against West Va, but when you have a wide reciever who was maybe the best in the country as a freshman with another year of experience, and a QB with sky is the limit potential and a year under his belt, I personally will not be counting Clemson out of any game they play this year.

quote
pj702 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
pj702
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1040
Location:
#57
Posted: 6/26/2012 3:36:57 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Hornyfrog2013:

 

I wont speak for Boom, but IMO there is no reason to say that Clemson is probably going to lose this game, and especially not 80% sure.  They return much from one of the most potent offenses in the country last year, and arguably a top 5 team in the country through the first 8 weeks.  Florida St is over rated year, after year, after year, and on the biggest stage against an OU team that turned out to not be very good, they shrank and it really wasn't even a game.  Yes, Clemson did the same thing in a couple of games and most notably against West Va, but when you have a wide reciever who was maybe the best in the country as a freshman with another year of experience, and a QB with sky is the limit potential and a year under his belt, I personally will not be counting Clemson out of any game they play this year.

i think fsu has atleast 80 percent chance to beat clemson, why do you think clemson has a much a chance in that game? clemson defense is god awful, they suppose to be better this year. but look at florida st they gave up 19 or less pts on defense 10 of 13 games last year? clemson gave up atleast 27 pts on defense i think atleast 9 of 14 games?

i dont like teams with garbage defense, if clemson got in to the national title and played usc, bama, lsu etc i think they would get the snot kicked out of them, hell they let west virginia score 70 on them and wv is not even that good like those teams

defense wins titles, i have a feeling florida st might go 12-0 in regular season, but im trying to find reasons to eliminate clemson i think clemson should lose atleast 1 or 2 games right? clemson defense looks like garbage

who cares if clemson can score 30 a game on offense they can give up 35 a game on defense

quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15919
Location: South Carolina
#58
Posted: 6/26/2012 4:35:03 PM
PJ - you watched one game last year and now have the assumption that Clemson defense is worst ever and will never be any good. Are you this amateurish? Do you not understand the game? Im asking a serious question here. Are you?

Look Clemson's defense historically is ranked in the the top 25 every season...Did you know that MR. I watch one game and assume things are like that until the end of time???? Did you know that?

Like I have said many times ALREADY on here. I think FSU has the edge in this game only because its being played in Tallahassee. Thats the only reason. And no its not 80% ... i would say it's something like 60/40 right now.

I will put it to you like this.......... FSU has a better chance of beating Clemson because its at home. If this game were being played in Death Valley...they would have about a 10% chance of winning.

Does that clear up who I think the better team is???? College football means so much where the games are played


  
quote
pj702 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
pj702
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1040
Location:
#59
Posted: 6/26/2012 7:49:51 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

PJ - you watched one game last year and now have the assumption that Clemson defense is worst ever and will never be any good. Are you this amateurish? Do you not understand the game? Im asking a serious question here. Are you?

Look Clemson's defense historically is ranked in the the top 25 every season...Did you know that MR. I watch one game and assume things are like that until the end of time???? Did you know that?

Like I have said many times ALREADY on here. I think FSU has the edge in this game only because its being played in Tallahassee. Thats the only reason. And no its not 80% ... i would say it's something like 60/40 right now.

I will put it to you like this.......... FSU has a better chance of beating Clemson because its at home. If this game were being played in Death Valley...they would have about a 10% chance of winning.

Does that clear up who I think the better team is???? College football means so much where the games are played


  

i thought your going to give me a serious answer, but clearly you do not do this, you are a clemson homer, florida st 10 percent chance to win if game was in death valley? please, florida st has one of the best defenses in the country

AND NO I DID NOT JUST WATCH 1 FUCKIN GAME WITH CLEMSON PLAY garbage DEFENSE AGAINST WV, I JUST MENTIONED THAT ONE. THERE IS MANY MORE

how about barely beating WOFFORD 35-27 in death valley. THEY LET WOFFORD SCORE FUCKIN 27 PTS IS THAT A JOKE DEFENSE I DONT KNOW WHAT IS.  THEY LET FLORIDA ST SCORE 30 ON THEM IN DEATH VALLEY, ONLY REASON CLEMSON WAS THAT WAS THEY IN DEATH VALLEY THEY WIN IN 35-30. BUT FSU DEFENSE WONT GIE UP THAT MANY PTS IN TALLAHASSEE. WHAT ABOUT THESE GAMES

AT MARYLAND GIVE UP 45 PTS ON DEFENSE, YA THEY WIN THE GAME BUT CHRIST 45 PTS ON DEFENSE? MARYLAND SUCKS

38 PTS TO NC, THEY WON THAT GAME TOO.

my point is though what makes you believe clemson defense will be alot improved this year? what did they give up last year on d? 28ppg or something like that? florida st gave up 14ppg and this year will likely be less

im not saying clemson is not good on offense they are very good, but imo defense wins championships, and i was asking a serious question about if you think fsu should beat clemson, and you think it tossup

but what chance do you give clemson to go unbeaten 12-0 in the regular season? 1 or 2 percent? or much higher like 15 or 20 percent? FLORIDA ST IS LIKE THE HARDEST GAME IMO ON CLEMSON SCHEDULE,

but how in the world can clemson compete vs alabama, lsu, usc in a national title game? i have it hard to believe they can win in tallahassee, i dont thinl clemson d is alot improved

IF CLEMSON D GAVE UP AROUND 28PPG DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY CAN PUT IT UNDER 17 OR 18PPG THIS YEAR? I DONT THINK SO, IF THEY CUT IT DOWN IT MIGHT BE 23 OR 24 PPG? BUT THAT STILL ALOT FOR AN ELITE TEAM IN COLLEGE ON D TO GIVE UP.

quote
pj702 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
pj702
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1040
Location:
#60
Posted: 6/26/2012 7:51:48 PM

also florida st had chances late did they not to get td against clemson last year when trailing 35-30, i think fsu kickoff and clemson punt 1 or 2 more time before that game was over? i think the chances of clemson winning at fsu are slim

and if they win there, well they gonna blow a game maybe vs auburn or south carolina???/ i cant see them beat south carolina this year if they give up a ton of pts on d, even though game in death valley, sc has good defense and beat on clemson last year

quote
pj702 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
pj702
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1040
Location:
#61
Posted: 6/26/2012 7:52:11 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by HookEmHorns22:

Texas vs ND 

what is this your el paso sun bowl pick?

quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15919
Location: South Carolina
#62
Posted: 6/26/2012 8:08:57 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by pj702:

i thought your going to give me a serious answer, but clearly you do not do this, you are a clemson homer, florida st 10 percent chance to win if game was in death valley? please, florida st has one of the best defenses in the country

AND NO I DID NOT JUST WATCH 1 FUCKIN GAME WITH CLEMSON PLAY garbage DEFENSE AGAINST WV, I JUST MENTIONED THAT ONE. THERE IS MANY MORE

how about barely beating WOFFORD 35-27 in death valley. THEY LET WOFFORD SCORE FUCKIN 27 PTS IS THAT A JOKE DEFENSE I DONT KNOW WHAT IS.  THEY LET FLORIDA ST SCORE 30 ON THEM IN DEATH VALLEY, ONLY REASON CLEMSON WAS THAT WAS THEY IN DEATH VALLEY THEY WIN IN 35-30. BUT FSU DEFENSE WONT GIE UP THAT MANY PTS IN TALLAHASSEE. WHAT ABOUT THESE GAMES

AT MARYLAND GIVE UP 45 PTS ON DEFENSE, YA THEY WIN THE GAME BUT CHRIST 45 PTS ON DEFENSE? MARYLAND SUCKS

38 PTS TO NC, THEY WON THAT GAME TOO.

my point is though what makes you believe clemson defense will be alot improved this year? what did they give up last year on d? 28ppg or something like that? florida st gave up 14ppg and this year will likely be less

im not saying clemson is not good on offense they are very good, but imo defense wins championships, and i was asking a serious question about if you think fsu should beat clemson, and you think it tossup

but what chance do you give clemson to go unbeaten 12-0 in the regular season? 1 or 2 percent? or much higher like 15 or 20 percent? FLORIDA ST IS LIKE THE HARDEST GAME IMO ON CLEMSON SCHEDULE,

but how in the world can clemson compete vs alabama, lsu, usc in a national title game? i have it hard to believe they can win in tallahassee, i dont thinl clemson d is alot improved

IF CLEMSON D GAVE UP AROUND 28PPG DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY CAN PUT IT UNDER 17 OR 18PPG THIS YEAR? I DONT THINK SO, IF THEY CUT IT DOWN IT MIGHT BE 23 OR 24 PPG? BUT THAT STILL ALOT FOR AN ELITE TEAM IN COLLEGE ON D TO GIVE UP.

There defense was bad last year. Nobody dis agrees....

The scheme was awful with Kevin Steele. The new DC, Brent Venables is a much more sound DC. I like what saw at the spring game as far as fundamentals.

What part of facts are you having a hard time understanding. Clemson has owned FSU here in recent history. I think its now 6 out of the last 7... We pretty much beat them on a regular now. Have you not acknowledged this? You did watch Clemson slice the " great " defense up last year right??? Let's not forget that those same players that are much more experienced now will be coming back for more.

You sound like a FSU homer. If so Im sorry.


But what I said is true. FSU has a much better chance at beating Clemson @ home vs playing us in death valley. I think if you asked everybody in this forum who isnt a " HOMER " more would agree with me the you on that.... and thats a fact.

Just be glad that game is in Tallahassee.... cause you know if it were played in the Valley that behind would get cut.
quote
dontbookme
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
dontbookme
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 3750
Location: Pennsylvania
#63
Posted: 6/28/2012 12:20:59 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by pj702:

look at florida st schedule this way, they win the battle of florida and go 3-0 in those games, the only other really hard game is vs clemson and at va tech, vs clemson they should win the d is superior revenge from last year etc.

the 1 hard game is at va tech can they win this game? it off a bye so it should help, the other 2 trick games are at usf and at miami fl and florida home end of year but i think florida st is better than the other 3 florida teams and can go 3-0 in those games, who is miami fl this year they gonna kind of suck/ rivalry game but fsu will want to win it too, as long they survive at usf too, they can go 12-0 here

I am die hard FSU fan, and as much as i love what Jimbo Fisher is doing with the program, they need to prove they can win consistently. They don't show up week to week focused the way you need to be to run the table.. This team will lose at least 2 games...Clemson, S Fla, Mia, VT, Fla are all possible losses. I don't think they'll drop them all, but they will lose one of them for sure!!

quote
jwheels86
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
jwheels86
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 12945
Location: Alabama
#64
Posted: 6/28/2012 12:54:46 AM
FSU is due for 2 losses in the regular season and maybe another if they played in a top bowl game. 
quote
Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 3 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.