Do all you guys understand what units are? Original Post from 8intheGate

Forum: Systems & Strategies
Author: [Systems & Strategies] Topic: Do all you guys understand what units are? Original Post from 8intheGate
scaracas51 PM scaracas51
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 4295
 
scaracas51
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 6/15/2013 8:05:56 PM
Its obvious that there are ppl on here that do, but as I read some ppl's post there is no way the understand what a unit is.  A unit is the normal size wager you place on a game or fight that you like.  So if you normally bet 25 bux a game, ur unit size is 25$.  If you bet 100$ a game its 100.  The purpose of labeling things in units would be that if someone wants to tail your plays and they don't have the exact same bankroll as you is able to properly gauge your confidence level in a play you are making.

For example I have a friend that has quite a bit of money that tails my plays.  My unit size was 125 due to the reduced juice on the site i was on at the time charging the same amount of juice for 120 as it did 125.  So instead of confusing him with bets of 125 and 375, I could just say 1u or 3u.  Then he would know the exact amt of his own money he should put down.

The reason I am posting this is that a few ppl have these 10u and 20u plays every other card.  That's redic... either A.) ur lying, B.) u have no clue what a unit means, or C.) you really really really need to up your unit sizing.  I think I have been betting mma for about 7yrs... in all that time I have had less than 10 plays over 5u.  

scaracas51 PM scaracas51
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 4295
 
scaracas51
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 6/15/2013 8:08:21 PM
I read this and found it interesting as I see a lot of folks here that play 10, 15, 20, 25 units...... rarely do I see a 1 unit play  
BigUnit PM BigUnit
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 19397
 
BigUnit
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 6/15/2013 8:12:47 PM
They are liars! 
TheGoldenGoose PM TheGoldenGoose
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 26476
 
TheGoldenGoose
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 6/15/2013 8:20:50 PM


Yes, it's obvious some people don't know what a unit is...
ac_bum PM ac_bum
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 22673
 
ac_bum
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 6/15/2013 8:29:10 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scaracas51:

Its obvious that there are ppl on here that do, but as I read some ppl's post there is no way the understand what a unit is.  A unit is the normal size wager you place on a game or fight that you like.  So if you normally bet 25 bux a game, ur unit size is 25$.  If you bet 100$ a game its 100.  The purpose of labeling things in units would be that if someone wants to tail your plays and they don't have the exact same bankroll as you is able to properly gauge your confidence level in a play you are making.

For example I have a friend that has quite a bit of money that tails my plays.  My unit size was 125 due to the reduced juice on the site i was on at the time charging the same amount of juice for 120 as it did 125.  So instead of confusing him with bets of 125 and 375, I could just say 1u or 3u.  Then he would know the exact amt of his own money he should put down.

The reason I am posting this is that a few ppl have these 10u and 20u plays every other card.  That's redic... either A.) ur lying, B.) u have no clue what a unit means, or C.) you really really really need to up your unit sizing.  I think I have been betting mma for about 7yrs... in all that time I have had less than 10 plays over 5u.  

 SCHOOL THE DUMMIES SCAR WHEN I SEE THEM 15, 20, 30 UNITS I JUST LAUGH AND SAY REALLY WOW !!!!!
DJNOCLUE PM DJNOCLUE
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 642
 
DJNOCLUE
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 6/15/2013 8:35:04 PM
Yes, it's very comical.. What's the point of saying 25 units every time you bet a game instead of just raising yr units all together? Is there anyone of here that does this and can justify why?  
KeyElement PM KeyElement
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 13405
 
KeyElement
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 6/15/2013 8:44:47 PM

The content of this post is not only inaccurate and misleading but deceptive as hell. Just an attempt by another guy to get you to believe that a 2 unit play is worth double your normal risk and a 3 unit is worth triple your normal risk. BAD money management and BAD sports gambling. Discrepancies in probability versus payback like that do not exist. Some plays are worthy of a little more risk and a "value play" on a longshot under dog a little less. You want money management and proportionate risk management?

http://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=27&sub=101568922

 

KingScorpio PM KingScorpio
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 19412
 
KingScorpio
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 6/15/2013 8:45:54 PM

This is a free site where people can pretend that they're gambling.

Less than 5% are betting with money.

They don't care what you have to say because it's playtime.

Post a card of all dogs if you want,it doesn't matter when you have nothing to lose.

CJJ307 PM CJJ307
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1426
 
CJJ307
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 6/15/2013 8:46:54 PM
I may start saying  "I'm normally a 100$ bettor, but on this game I'm betting 450" 
The term unit has been destroyed by touts who say to go all in every game
scaracas51 PM scaracas51
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 4295
 
scaracas51
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 6/15/2013 8:49:32 PM
Im just saying that If you commonly make 5 or 10 unit bets then your 5unit should be 1 unit and your 10 should be 2 units.... I made this mistake myself... 

It is very funny that people here on an everyday basis bet 25 units or 25 times more than their regular plays 
KeyElement PM KeyElement
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 13405
 
KeyElement
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 6/15/2013 8:51:05 PM

The other negative side is the very same guys that post this stuff will tell you a "unit" is not always exactly the same thing. If they play a favorite they "add the juice" thereby inflating what they called the basic unit. So sometimes the "unit" is this and sometimes the "unit" is that.

 

KingScorpio PM KingScorpio
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 19412
 
KingScorpio
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 6/15/2013 8:53:13 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by CJJ307:

I may start saying  "I'm normally a 100$ bettor, but on this game I'm betting 450" 
The term unit has been destroyed by touts who say to go all in every game

No bet should ever be better than another bet

LVTruck PM LVTruck
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 21447
 
LVTruck
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 6/15/2013 8:54:14 PM
1 Unit could equal  100  or 200 or 1000

25 units could equal 25.00

I post [1U] - [3U] plays......

I bet every game I post....

I never post If I'm below -20.00 Units In any sport......

Covers Record + 126 Units

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B49chBviCe0


Clown 



itslikethat13 PM itslikethat13
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 44
 
itslikethat13
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 6/15/2013 8:54:47 PM
Be sure to check out my 200 Unit LOCK! 
diondimucci PM diondimucci
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 5555
 
diondimucci
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 6/15/2013 8:54:53 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by KingScorpio:

This is a free site where people can pretend that they're gambling.

Less than 5% are betting with money.

They don't care what you have to say because it's playtime.

Post a card of all dogs if you want,it doesn't matter when you have nothing to lose.



i respect the hell out of you, but come on now, u cant possibly think 95 % of the degenerates on here are playing with strictly monopoly money. 
KeyElement PM KeyElement
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 13405
 
KeyElement
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 6/15/2013 8:56:21 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scaracas51:

Im just saying that If you commonly make 5 or 10 unit bets then your 5unit should be 1 unit and your 10 should be 2 units.... I made this mistake myself... 

It is very funny that people here on an everyday basis bet 25 units or 25 times more than their regular plays 

You are still mistaken because you contend some wagers are worth double or triple a normal play. Road to the poorhouse.

scaracas51 PM scaracas51
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 4295
 
scaracas51
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 6/15/2013 8:56:55 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by KeyElement:

The content of this post is not only inaccurate and misleading but deceptive as hell. Just an attempt by another guy to get you to believe that a 2 unit play is worth double your normal risk and a 3 unit is worth triple your normal risk. BAD money management and BAD sports gambling. Discrepancies in probability versus payback like that do not exist. Some plays are worthy of a little more risk and a "value play" on a longshot under dog a little less. You want money management and proportionate risk management?

http://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=27&sub=101568922

 


very good info  
scaracas51 PM scaracas51
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 4295
 
scaracas51
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 6/15/2013 8:57:42 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by KeyElement:

The other negative side is the very same guys that post this stuff will tell you a "unit" is not always exactly the same thing. If they play a favorite they "add the juice" thereby inflating what they called the basic unit. So sometimes the "unit" is this and sometimes the "unit" is that.

 


steve2412 PM steve2412
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 484
 
steve2412
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 6/15/2013 8:59:17 PM
If it bothers you so much don't click on people threads day in and day out. Ever think of that. You have been around here for awhile you should know who.is legit and how isn't
scaracas51 PM scaracas51
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 4295
 
scaracas51
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 6/15/2013 9:00:27 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by KeyElement:

You are still mistaken because you contend some wagers are worth double or triple a normal play. Road to the poorhouse.


 thanks for the info shared I see your point!!!


scaracas51 PM scaracas51
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 4295
 
scaracas51
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 6/15/2013 9:06:43 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by steve2412:

If it bothers you so much don't click on people threads day in and day out. Ever think of that. You have been around here for awhile you should know who.is legit and how isn't

I never said it bothers me!! If you read carefully the post was not written by me but I founded interesting because I don't really understand how people play 25 plus units regularly... It also made sense to me... Now I have a better understanding of units thanks to Keyelement  so at the end my thread was useful to me because I was able to learn something new!!!  

For those who know me know that I am not a disrespectful mofo  and I never ment any with this thread. 

scaracas51 PM scaracas51
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 4295
 
scaracas51
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 6/15/2013 9:08:39 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scaracas51:


I never said it bothers me!! If you read carefully the post was not written by me but I found it  interesting because I don't really understand how people play 25 plus units regularly... It also made sense to me... Now I have a better understanding of units thanks to Keyelement  so at the end my thread was useful to me because I was able to learn something new!!!  

For those who know me know that I am not a disrespectful mofo  and I never ment any with this thread. 


sorry horrible grammar 
ac_bum PM ac_bum
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 22673
 
ac_bum
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 6/15/2013 9:24:35 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scaracas51:


I never said it bothers me!! If you read carefully the post was not written by me but I founded interesting because I don't really understand how people play 25 plus units regularly... It also made sense to me... Now I have a better understanding of units thanks to Keyelement  so at the end my thread was useful to me because I was able to learn something new!!!  

For those who know me know that I am not a disrespectful mofo  and I never ment any with this thread. 

Motherflickee PM Motherflickee
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 662
 
Motherflickee
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 6/16/2013 10:14:29 AM
To me 1 unit = your normal % of bankroll risked

This could be 1% or 5% (hopefully no more than that on a play), there's no way of knowing and that is irrelevant and noone's business.  
What is relevant if you follow a poster is that the unit size can help you guage their confidence in the play.  But you have to know what is a normal play for them to know their scale.



gratefulbets PM gratefulbets
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5376
 
gratefulbets
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 9/15/2013 9:05:00 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scaracas51:

Its obvious that there are ppl on here that do, but as I read some ppl's post there is no way the understand what a unit is.  A unit is the normal size wager you place on a game or fight that you like.  So if you normally bet 25 bux a game, ur unit size is 25$.  If you bet 100$ a game its 100.  The purpose of labeling things in units would be that if someone wants to tail your plays and they don't have the exact same bankroll as you is able to properly gauge your confidence level in a play you are making.

For example I have a friend that has quite a bit of money that tails my plays.  My unit size was 125 due to the reduced juice on the site i was on at the time charging the same amount of juice for 120 as it did 125.  So instead of confusing him with bets of 125 and 375, I could just say 1u or 3u.  Then he would know the exact amt of his own money he should put down.

The reason I am posting this is that a few ppl have these 10u and 20u plays every other card.  That's redic... either A.) ur lying, B.) u have no clue what a unit means, or C.) you really really really need to up your unit sizing.  I think I have been betting mma for about 7yrs... in all that time I have had less than 10 plays over 5u.  


Hey professor, do you know what the word "juice" means?
Forum: Systems & Strategies
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.