Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 3 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [Politics] Topic: Warren Buffett says tax breaks for the rich donot help the economy
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15415
Location: Pennsylvania
#51
Posted: 11/23/2010 11:29:16 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Mikael99:



Trickle down economics is a myth.  Studies show that when the super rich get more tax cuts they do not go out and spend them. They save them up.

USA is a consumer and not a production driven economy. Guess what is needed right now to kick start the economy - > consuming


you need to press the reset button on your brain.


Studies show that when the super rich get more tax cuts they do not go out and spend them. They save them up.

What happens with these savings? They turn into loans for other folks. that's how the system works, mikeal



USA is a consumer and not a production driven economy. Guess what is needed right now to kick start the economy - > consuming

more consumption = more energy is spent

that leads to higher energy prices, which will probably be Bush and his evil oil buddies fault, right?

that also means more carbon emissions. might as well tax those too while we're at it

tax, tax, tax and take take take, does not a prosperous economy make
quote
KOAJ send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
KOAJ
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 66698
Location: New Jersey
#52
Posted: 11/24/2010 6:50:24 AM
why not form a volunteer dept in your area, then your cost will go way down.  Come on get out there and do your community a great service for free.  Heres your chance.  So will you do it?
--------------
government has a monopoly on it. also, if i did it, i would probably have my knees broken by those earning 6 figures and waiting for a pension

re: your town's water company...FIRE THEM. the town signed them to a contract? petition the town to get a better deal. find competeing bids.check their board of directors and see if there are relations to anyone on your city council. bet you there is.
quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15415
Location: Pennsylvania
#53
Posted: 11/24/2010 7:02:53 AM
My water bill gets paid at the local treasury, and is a public utility. Guess what, last month it went up 100%

magical how they landed on that nice round number
quote
cd329 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cd329
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 18302
Location: United States
#54
Posted: 11/24/2010 3:06:10 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by KOAJ:

why not form a volunteer dept in your area, then your cost will go way down.  Come on get out there and do your community a great service for free.  Heres your chance.  So will you do it?
--------------
government has a monopoly on it. also, if i did it, i would probably have my knees broken by those earning 6 figures and waiting for a pension

re: your town's water company...FIRE THEM. the town signed them to a contract? petition the town to get a better deal. find competeing bids.check their board of directors and see if there are relations to anyone on your city council. bet you there is.

 

Soory KOAJ, but paid depts arent usually in rural areas, so really theres no reason to think every union has thugs in it. My former union had alot of thugs in it, but that was the laborers union.  Fire unions dont got no thugs going around beating people up.

So really if your town you live in wanted to start up a volunteer dept, you could do it.  Gotta warn you thou, its alot harder then you think, especially getting people to do the jobs when most people already have fulltime jobs and dont want to always be leaving them to go on calls for free. So heres your big chance to be a hero in your town since your always complaining about how everything costs to much money.  Start that volunteer dept up and save yourself and town some bucks.  Basically put up or shut up  Dont look for excuses, form that dept and get some training.

Truthfully i doubt you would do it because am sure you dont want to use your time and work this job for free.  But like i said heres your real chance to actually do something for your town, instead of just calling up all the politicians complaining.  Like in nikes commerical, JUST DO IT

quote
cd329 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cd329
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 18302
Location: United States
#55
Posted: 11/24/2010 5:53:48 PM

So come on KOAJ, when are you gonna go down to your townhall and get this volunteer dept going or are you one of these guys who just complains about things and waits for others to take the lead.

 

I really want to see you get this off the ground, that way you can get a first hand look at how much harder things are then what they appear.

Fire Chief KOAJ, has a nice ring to it.

quote
rooster010 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
rooster010
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 10899
Location: Mongolia
#56
Posted: 11/24/2010 5:56:26 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by cd329:

So come on KOAJ, when are you gonna go down to your townhall and get this volunteer dept going or are you one of these guys who just complains about things and waits for others to take the lead.

 

I really want to see you get this off the ground, that way you can get a first hand look at how much harder things are then what they appear.

Fire Chief KOAJ, has a nice ring to it.

why would koaj give up his career to form a volunteer fire dept?

he could just pay some illegal hombres to stand around with buckets of water and still come out ahead

quote
cd329 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cd329
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 18302
Location: United States
#57
Posted: 11/24/2010 9:58:21 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rooster010:

why would koaj give up his career to form a volunteer fire dept?

he could just pay some illegal hombres to stand around with buckets of water and still come out ahead

 

nobody told him to give up his career to form the dept.  Almost every volunteer in a volunteer dept has their own jobs. They just devote time to the volunteer dept.  My point was hes always complaining about how people are being paid to much for this job or that job and its all his tax dollars doing.  Heres a chance for him to basically wipe out the cost of fire service for his town, but he has to put in some work for it, to lower his tax bill or does he just want others to volunteer and he reap the benefits of it?  You either pay for fire service or you volunteer for fire service.  And if you have no fire service you will pay thru the roof for home owners insurance, which will be way more then if you just paid for the pay service.

Like i said he likes to complain about this stuff, but when theres a way to lower his tax cost, he really doesnt want to do anything about it.

quote
wizardofroz
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
wizardofroz
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 5685
Location: Kentucky
#58
Posted: 11/25/2010 3:50:56 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by KOAJ:

if i may...

darn Warren Buffet!!!!

he hides his 60b in charitable trusts to avoid taxes

most of his berkshire investments (companies) were bailed out by the government (you and me) in the last 2-3 years. All of his insurance companies, his Moody's, his GE, his GS

why do you think he bought all those warrants below market value on Goldmand and GE?!?! he knew he wouldnt lose because he knew the government would bail those two companies out

he's the Oracle of Omaha because he fixes the game. he is as much of a crony as the Goldman Sachs guys or Al Gore

 Brilliant analysis of that crooked old man.  Buffet's words are shallow at best. 

quote
atlheatholder
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
atlheatholder
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 5808
Location: United States
#59
Posted: 11/28/2010 12:52:08 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by cd329:

Like i said he likes to complain about this stuff, but when theres a way to lower his tax cost, he really doesnt want to do anything about it.

The point you seem to keep overlooking, cd, is that KO is identifying the problems & proposing solutions that would cut taxes drastically - for all taxpayers.  If he's done that so far - what's your gripe? 

You seem to be content with the government having a monopoly on so many services that can be provided through a free-market; content with the current involuntary taxation that happens; content with government control of prices of services, and so on.

Why all the love for government power that continues to grow while individual freedoms continue to diminish?

You must be one of those that isn't willing to fight for your freedoms - much easier to sit back and let them think for you.....

quote
KOAJ send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
KOAJ
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 66698
Location: New Jersey
#60
Posted: 11/28/2010 7:21:11 AM

Why all the love for government power that continues to grow while individual freedoms continue to diminish?

----------


there are many who want small government except when it comes to "their" program, whatever it is

im a fan of crushing it all so we can start from scratch. nations hyperinflate their currency, municipalities go bankrupt. i root for bankruptcy so we can press the reset button on everything

quote
cd329 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cd329
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 18302
Location: United States
#61
Posted: 11/28/2010 4:51:16 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by atlheatholder:

The point you seem to keep overlooking, cd, is that KO is identifying the problems & proposing solutions that would cut taxes drastically - for all taxpayers.  If he's done that so far - what's your gripe? 

You seem to be content with the government having a monopoly on so many services that can be provided through a free-market; content with the current involuntary taxation that happens; content with government control of prices of services, and so on.

Why all the love for government power that continues to grow while individual freedoms continue to diminish?

You must be one of those that isn't willing to fight for your freedoms - much easier to sit back and let them think for you.....

Quite the fuckin opposite.

KOAJ girl and moans about how he hates paying taxes for all the services, so i give him an idea how his town should turn into a volunteer dept and he doesnt want to do it, because then he would actually have to work and contribute towards it. Basically he wants services for next to nothing or free{as long as he doesnt have to work at them}   All the people in his town could form that volunteer dept and save themselves some tax money, but as you can see he clearly doesnt want to do that.

 

All he seems to want to happen is everything to go bankrupt, that way we can go back to living in the stone ages.  Since i have been on this site, all hes done is complain about his taxes and govt.  He doesnt want to pay anything for govt or any services.  He truly believes he should go to work and every penny he makes should belong to him, he still doesnt realize our society could never work that way.  Am sure hes pissed away alot of his life worrying about this stuff everyday.

 

Now start that dept Chief KOAJ and save your town some cash

quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 3 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.