Need MLB Historical Odds Data

Forum: Systems & Strategies
Author: [Systems & Strategies] Topic: Need MLB Historical Odds Data
daddyeeoD PM daddyeeoD
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 5
 
daddyeeoD
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/12/2013 6:02:21 PM
I want to get MLB moneyline and totals data for a couple different books from the past two seasons. Can anyone point me in the right direction to acquire that kind of archived data... 
sports_Network PM sports_Network
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 4634
Nevada
 
sports_Network
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/13/2013 5:15:40 AM
what you seek is right here on covers.com dating back to the 2006 season. including: ML, RL, TOTALS, and FFI if you need additional odds, and line information/data you may also use vegasinsider.com (archive links)
daddyeeoD PM daddyeeoD
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 5
 
daddyeeoD
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/13/2013 11:51:43 AM

Thanks sports_Network, but is there a way to get that data in Excel or CSV format? I'm looking for Open/Close Moneyline and Total numbers for every game from multiple books.

bruin95 PM bruin95
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 375
Nevada
 
bruin95
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/13/2013 5:41:44 PM
DegenGamble is the man you want for the Excel stuff.
Posted using a mobile device.
DegenGamble PM DegenGamble
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1070
New Jersey
 
DegenGamble
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/14/2013 4:03:01 PM

All Sports Game / ATS past results from Covers

Here are 4 excel spreadsheet that will allow you to import NBA, NHL, MLB, NHL Game / ATS results from Covers. All you have to do is select the SEASON you want to import from the dropdown and click the "IMPORT" button. The game logs for all the teams will be downloaded to the Covers Data tab.

if you want you can clear the blue cells in the Covers Data tab and start over or add to it. Anytime you import a season it is pasted below the last row.

You can download from the link below:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5dydT9Oe6JbU1BVMlJqVXA0VkU/edit?usp=sharing

ronatola PM ronatola
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 5
 
ronatola
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/21/2014 6:36:39 PM

Wow - that's a wealth of information.  Thanks.

I want to sort the information according to the MoneyLine, but the ML data is all alpha numeric with either a W or a L in front of the numeral.

ie: W -160

I would like to separate them into 2 columns.

1 column would be W/L and the other would be the numerical ML.

ie: W                     -160

Does someone know how to do that?  Can they help me?

Danrules24 PM Danrules24
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4307
Nevada
 
Danrules24
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/21/2014 7:31:32 PM
I wonder if there is any chance degen can update this to include the 2013 MLB season.
ronatola PM ronatola
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 5
 
ronatola
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/22/2014 3:46:49 PM
QUOTE

NEVERMIND - I figured it out.  My system has been successfully debunked using the data :(


Originally Posted by ronatola:

Wow - that's a wealth of information.  Thanks.

I want to sort the information according to the MoneyLine, but the ML data is all alpha numeric with either a W or a L in front of the numeral.

ie: W -160

I would like to separate them into 2 columns.

1 column would be W/L and the other would be the numerical ML.

ie: W                     -160

Does someone know how to do that?  Can they help me?

Bart_ PM Bart_
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3547
Ontario
 
Bart_
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/22/2014 5:44:40 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ronatola:

Wow - that's a wealth of information.  Thanks.

I want to sort the information according to the MoneyLine, but the ML data is all alpha numeric with either a W or a L in front of the numeral.

ie: W -160

I would like to separate them into 2 columns.

1 column would be W/L and the other would be the numerical ML.

ie: W                     -160

Does someone know how to do that?  Can they help me?

try using the left or right trim. 

http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/excel-help/remove-characters-from-text-HP010062742.aspx
ronatola PM ronatola
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 5
 
ronatola
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/23/2014 9:32:09 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Bart_:

try using the left or right trim. 

http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/excel-help/remove-characters-from-text-HP010062742.aspx


Here's how I did it (got help from another forum)

Say, you have your Data in Column A beginning from Row 2.
Say in A2 you have W -160
and in A3 you have L 136

In B2 write this.
=LEFT(A2,1)
You will extract the Alphabet W in B2.
Copy B2 and paste it in B3.
You will extract the Alphabet L in B3.

In C2 write this.
=TRIM(MID(A2,2,LEN(A2)-1))
You will extract -160 in C2.
Copy C2 and paste it in C3.
You will extract 136 in C3.

If you have the formula directly in the sheet, in case if you change the data in column A, then your results in Column B & C will change.

As an Alternative, you can copy the results in Col B & C and using Paste Special you can paste only the result excluding the formula in Col D & E.

cofo04 PM cofo04
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16
 
cofo04
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/23/2014 8:33:33 PM
Degen would you add me and send me a message. Need some help with an excel spreadsheet. thanks
jonnieb101 PM jonnieb101
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 1
 
jonnieb101
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/31/2014 4:23:24 PM
@Danrules
Not sure if you solved your problem and got your hands on 2013 data if not one simple solution is to unhide column O and change one of the other years to 2013

@DegenGamble
Thanks a million this is awesome
Bart_ PM Bart_
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3547
Ontario
 
Bart_
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/31/2014 9:46:38 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jonnieb101:

@Danrules
Not sure if you solved your problem and got your hands on 2013 data if not one simple solution is to unhide column O and change one of the other years to 2013

@DegenGamble
Thanks a million this is awesome

Thanks man. worked like a charm. 

tomseaver286 PM tomseaver286
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1456
California
 
tomseaver286
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/28/2014 4:14:47 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DegenGamble:

All Sports Game / ATS past results from Covers

Here are 4 excel spreadsheet that will allow you to import NBA, NHL, MLB, NHL Game / ATS results from Covers. All you have to do is select the SEASON you want to import from the dropdown and click the "IMPORT" button. The game logs for all the teams will be downloaded to the Covers Data tab.

if you want you can clear the blue cells in the Covers Data tab and start over or add to it. Anytime you import a season it is pasted below the last row.

You can download from the link below:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5dydT9Oe6JbU1BVMlJqVXA0VkU/edit?usp=sharing


I downloaded the MLB data, but cannot find the run lines data that I need. Any help?
BuckeyeKaptn PM BuckeyeKaptn
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 656
Ohio
 
BuckeyeKaptn
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/28/2014 7:11:15 AM
Covers doesn't have RL data.  Scoresandodds does but you can't down load it like DeGens covers data.
Forum: Systems & Strategies
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.