Messages

Forum Index : NHL Betting : Messages
Author: [NHL Betting] Topic: Hockey Night In Canada
dixter
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
dixter
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 1853
Location: Michigan
#1
Posted: 5/17/2012 11:51:50 PM

Living in Michigan, I grew up with Hockey Night In Canada. In my opinion, it ranks only behind the Stanley Cup as the greatest tradition in the NHL. I believe they are spitting in the collective faces of all who hold this tradition to be almost sacred.
It boggles my mind that I will be working Saturday while what should be a great, intense game is on. No good reason for it not to be in prime time.

JMO

quote
Polar_Bear
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Polar_Bear
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 24292
Location: Ontario
#2
Posted: 5/17/2012 11:57:18 PM
Obviously I agree and then some, however it has been going on for a very long time. The last thing on the NHL's list of importance is the country of Canada as a whole as well as the hockey fans that reside within it.
quote
bigbill365 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
bigbill365
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1867
Location: United States
#3
Posted: 5/17/2012 11:57:29 PM
ahh the good old canadian chanel on chanel 9 thats my favorite to watch the games with don chary.
quote
bigbill365 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
bigbill365
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1867
Location: United States
#4
Posted: 5/17/2012 11:58:08 PM
Btw im right by the border by windsor Ontario
quote
Pucksrus
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
Pucksrus
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 36412
Location: Ontario
#5
Posted: 5/18/2012 2:18:43 AM
I hate afternoon hockey for the playoffs.........
quote
QuebecNordiques
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
QuebecNordiques
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1093
Location: Canada
#6
Posted: 5/18/2012 3:56:39 AM
 windsor=caesars
quote
Slobbasaurus send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Slobbasaurus
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 3186
Location: New Jersey
#7
Posted: 5/18/2012 11:23:23 AM

I hear you Pucks.

They schedule the Devs game at 1pm on NBC...conveniently right before the Preakness is televised.

quote
wiggins
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
wiggins
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 7889
Location: Quebec
#8
Posted: 5/18/2012 12:04:49 PM
its lame
quote
wiggins
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
wiggins
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 7889
Location: Quebec
#9
Posted: 5/18/2012 12:05:29 PM
espn shits all over hockey and now they do whatever nbc wants
quote
Skubishack send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Skubishack
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 14624
Location: Antarctica
#10
Posted: 5/18/2012 12:29:27 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

I hear you Pucks.

They schedule the Devs game at 1pm on NBC...conveniently right before the Preakness is televised.

I hope it goes to a 4th overtime period... Just because.

quote
Skubishack send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Skubishack
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 14624
Location: Antarctica
#11
Posted: 5/18/2012 12:32:16 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Pucksrus:

I hate afternoon hockey for the playoffs.........

I went to an afternoon playoff game in SanJose vs Edmonton (I think)... and it was more like going to a baseball game. The feel was all wrong... not even close to going to a regular season game at night in Philly.

quote
Slobbasaurus send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Slobbasaurus
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 3186
Location: New Jersey
#12
Posted: 5/18/2012 2:32:30 PM

Skub,

The BS thing is that a couple of years back (I forgot who was playing), the NHL game went into OT and they televised the Race and moved the hockey game to Versus (now NBS Sports).

quote
Dangerbay send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Dangerbay
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 14606
Location: Ontario
#13
Posted: 5/18/2012 2:57:13 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Polar_Bear:

Obviously I agree and then some, however it has been going on for a very long time. The last thing on the NHL's list of importance is the country of Canada as a whole as well as the hockey fans that reside within it.
Don't get me started.  I only hope the CBA talks go nowhere and there's a strike that spells the end to the AHL...errr NHL.  I'm not kidding. 
quote
PorkyinNS send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
PorkyinNS
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 623
Location: Saskatchewan
#14
Posted: 5/18/2012 7:14:23 PM
Being a long time hockey fan and Canadian I agree....I had this exact conversation with a friend of mine who lives in NYC. The NHL is still bending over to get the US (via NBC) on board with the game. I'm just happy that they no longer let FOX do games and highlight the puck. But NBC's coverage is only marginally better explaining the rules of the game virtually every chance they get. No one South of (fill in the blank) cares. Stop beating a dead horse and cater to your devoted audience...it burns me that I have to get up at 11am to watch this game.


quote
potvin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
potvin
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 23588
Location: United States
#15
Posted: 5/18/2012 8:44:22 PM
a much as i sympathize for my friends up north for the shitty politics that goes against the country that founded the great game of hockey, i believe that anyone who can write no one south of (fill in the blank)cares,is just as ignorant as they accuse the nhl of being! by the way, times zones go east to west, not north to south
quote
BadaBazinga send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
BadaBazinga
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 110
Location:
#16
Posted: 5/18/2012 8:49:21 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

Skub,

The BS thing is that a couple of years back (I forgot who was playing), the NHL game went into OT and they televised the Race and moved the hockey game to Versus (now NBS Sports).



Buffalo - Ottawa
quote
thehuntman
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
thehuntman
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 8164
Location: Ontario
#17
Posted: 5/19/2012 11:20:15 AM

The horrible scheduling continues....Two games this weekend and both in the afternoon.....

quote
PorkyinNS send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
PorkyinNS
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 623
Location: Saskatchewan
#18
Posted: 5/19/2012 3:21:51 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by potvin:

a much as i sympathize for my friends up north for the shitty politics that goes against the country that founded the great game of hockey, i believe that anyone who can write no one south of (fill in the blank)cares,is just as ignorant as they accuse the nhl of being! by the way, times zones go east to west, not north to south

Thanks for educating me. I've been doin it wrong the whole time...you mean the equator doesn't run through Greenwich? You're right I might be ignorant about the state of the NHL viewership in Nex Mexico and Idaho but I doubt it is as large as the viewership in Flin Flon. "No one south of ___" might be a little strong but I'm sure you understand the general sentiment.

oh and Potvin is one of my favourite defensemen of all time as I am a long suffering Isles fan
quote
I-Got-5-On-It send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: PaddyPower.com |
I-Got-5-On-It
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15010
Location: United Kingdom
#19
Posted: 5/19/2012 4:02:38 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Dangerbay:

Don't get me started.  I only hope the CBA talks go nowhere and there's a strike that spells the end to the AHL...errr NHL.  I'm not kidding. 


Buttman has secretly admitted that he wants his trifecta of labour stoppages before he retires  

94/95 04/05   12/13
quote
potvin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
potvin
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 23588
Location: United States
#20
Posted: 5/19/2012 7:33:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by PorkyinNS:


Thanks for educating me. I've been doin it wrong the whole time...you mean the equator doesn't run through Greenwich? You're right I might be ignorant about the state of the NHL viewership in Nex Mexico and Idaho but I doubt it is as large as the viewership in Flin Flon. "No one south of ___" might be a little strong but I'm sure you understand the general sentiment.

oh and Potvin is one of my favourite defensemen of all time as I am a long suffering Isles fan

 ok, ok! left jab, overhand right with words like new mexico, it might be we both over exaggerated our points, and unfortunatley i understood the general sentiment from the get go!

quote
Forum Index : NHL Betting : Messages
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.