|OK Guys here are the Rules:
Posted: 3/29/2012 4:12:28 PM
thanks to ACC for them, as I said before was anticipating him running it again this year but looks like hes not.
Rules will be the same +10 if you don't get picks in and +5 if your player misses cut. With there being No cut this week it will be the last place player that finishes all 4 rounds.
WGC events will however be worth 1.5 strokes. This week and Bridgestone. ei- both your players scores combined multiplied by 1.5.
Must have picks in before first player tees off on Thursday.
1) Contest will run from WGC-Cadillac Championship to the PGA Championship; The rules I post here are for the regular season ONLY. I will post the Covers Cup Playoff Rules later on in the seaosn as they don't matter right now. For those of you who played last year, we will use the same system for playoffs. Group A picks, Group B, picks, etc.
2) Top X regular season finishers get into the Covers Cup Playoffs is all you really need to know for now. will be determined by how many guys that play.
3) Each week you will pick two golfers; you can only use a golfer one time in the regular season; your score for the week is based on the performance of your two picks.
4) When you post each week, it is YOUR responsibility to list your used players to that point. Please list them at the beginning of your post for all to see. I used to keep a big spreadsheet on used players but it is very time consuming so the honer system worked fine before. If you screw up and use a player twice, it's a gentlemen's game so please call a penalty on yourself. Any other player is also allowed to point out the mistake also with the same ramifications.
5) MAJORS count for double strokes; the Players Championship in May is also double strokes this season. This is a new rule change but I think the TPC deserves to be a major and has the best field for any tournament in the world most years
6) If you fail to pick, you get +10 on the worst players score that makes the cut and plays all four rounds for the weekend. If your player starts but misses the cut, you get +5 above the worst player's score making the cut and playing all four rounds for the weekend. If your player starts, then WD's, you get +5 on the worst players score making the cut and playing all four rounds for the weekend. If your player makes the cut and it is one of those tournaments where they have a MDF designation after the 3rd round, you also get +5 on the worst player's score making the cut and playing all four rounds. I never know when they will do the MDF (made cut-did not finish) so this is how we will handle it when they do.
7) Plays MUST be posted before the FIRST player tees off in the FIRST round- NO EXCEPTIONS! This is a contest that you must remember to pick each week as missing a week is punitive. That being said, I have always felt the more serious players find a way to remember. I cannot make exceptions to this rule, regardless of whether your picks have individually teed off yet or not so please don't ask.
8) I will try hard to have the standing updated by Monday night each week but most weeks by Sunday night.
9) If you pick the winner of a tournament, you get an extra -15 strokes on your score. If your pick is a FIRST TIME WINNER (as in ever on the PGA Tour), you will get -25 added to your score. This may be slightly different from what we did before but I think it works just as well.
Should be a good season looks like we have a few new guys this year.