Posted: 12/5/2012 5:26:56 PM
Like your reasons, but to play devils advocate:
1. Oakland Gives up 256yds passing per game while Peyton throws for 212 per game.
2. They did beat SD by 11pts in their house
3. Denver is still looking for a better playoff seeding
4. Drew Brees with their offense and weak def carved up oakland by 21
5. Manning passed for 338 yds and Denver had over 500yds of offense the first time with Oakland having 0 Turnovers.
Everyone on covers is liking Oakland b/c of a divisional game of DD home dog and supposed to be their superbowl and the coach's dad died yada, yada, yada.
What we need to ask is does Oakland have a real way to stop the passing attack of Denver? Yes Peyton has looked in recent games, ie KC and TB not very good and they also have pass D's in the bottom qtr of pass D's. I think this game could easily be 10pts or more. I don't think Oakland has an answer defensively. Yes Peyton may be rusty or not on point for this game, but that is tough to bank on. This game has Teaser written all over it IMO.