Messages

Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages Page 3 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: Something good might come from all the hoopla surrounding the FLorida shooting
ironlionzion722 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ironlionzion722
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2424
Location: Massachusetts
#51
Posted: 4/2/2012 1:25:18 AM
checkmate
quote
ironlionzion722 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ironlionzion722
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2424
Location: Massachusetts
#52
Posted: 4/2/2012 1:30:44 AM
I might as well change my avatar to PK Subban or something
quote
jwub91781 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jwub91781
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 4563
Location: Missouri
#53
Posted: 4/2/2012 3:08:37 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ironlionzion722:

As much as I disagree with a lot of Scalabrine's rhetoric Benhogan is right it's guys like you who make white people look bad and thus cement the foundation of Scalabrine's points

Whites have given therselves bad names since slavery according to blacks,so what it comes down to is staying true to what your are..what makes me any different than a black standing up for their strong black people,I myself am standing up for my strong white people,there's no difference dipshit,thing is, guys like you don't have the balls to stand up for garbage,you just hide behind your tv and keep to yourself,as for me I stand up for what I believe in,and could gives to people about a bunch of potential protest/Rioters to try to make a statement in the streets over one dead thug. 
quote
scalabrine send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
scalabrine
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 15325
Location: United States
#54
Posted: 4/2/2012 1:39:51 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ironlionzion722:

address my point

What point? That the reason I chose my avatar is because of what you said? Ok. Here, I'll address it. That is not the reason I chose it.
quote
tideman send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
tideman
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 4187
Location: United States
#55
Posted: 4/2/2012 1:51:20 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TRAIN69:



Thats all bullshit. Try again, but take the stick out of your behind. I can actually hear the whiny girl in your typing. You know how hard it is to sound like a complete douche and spoon fed fool? You sir take the cake.

Why does it matter he was black? How many white people died today? Stop being racist.
 
quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37887
Location: Minnesota
#56
Posted: 4/2/2012 2:10:05 PM
Because if you have somewhat of an open mind, you might actually learn something.  That's a stretch for covers members, though.  
quote
benhogan76
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
benhogan76
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3090
Location: Ontario
#57
Posted: 4/2/2012 4:03:08 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scalabrine:

Talk to literally hundreds of people outside of this board on this topic. Given that, you certainly can't be as forthright as you are here because people will take it as a character attack. That's quite limiting in terms of effectiveness. You still can reach reasonable people though, of which there are a few (too few actually but a few is enough).
I give you credit for almost nothing but I am very surprised that you didnt attack me as opposed to answering my question.  I just think you waste too much energy here if you are actually this passionate about the topic.  I assume you feel that you are doing something positive here if you get to one person but I disagree you are fighting a losing battle.  Your time would be better spent in a black community in your area trying to have positive effect on one person there.
quote
scalabrine send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
scalabrine
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 15325
Location: United States
#58
Posted: 4/2/2012 5:57:21 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by benhogan76:

I give you credit for almost nothing but I am very surprised that you didnt attack me as opposed to answering my question.  I just think you waste too much energy here if you are actually this passionate about the topic.  I assume you feel that you are doing something positive here if you get to one person but I disagree you are fighting a losing battle.  Your time would be better spent in a black community in your area trying to have positive effect on one person there.

The problem I'm focused on isn't in the black community. And why would I preach to a choir? I've spoke with innumerable black individuals who simply nod their head because I'm just extracting everything that's already on the tip of their tongue. 

Simple-minded covers members will strike back with, "Are you saying the black community doesn't have problems???? LOL." No I am not.

I am saying that my platform is to address the white community when it comes to the massive inequity that stems directly from their preference/stereotypes/biases/outright racism on communities of color and all non-whites collectively in this country.

I choose to mainly address the white community because I am a part of it. I have that right. Are Asians racist? But I choose to focus on my own community. 

I could choose the Hispanic community, the Asian community, the Black community themselves to address racism in its simplest form. I am not going to do that. 

You pick a platform and an approach and move from there.

It's as idiotic as the arguments I've been hearing since the shooting, such as, "Dozens of blacks die everyday! Why aren't you speaking about them!" I can choose some of those by the way and I will in the near future but for now you focus on an issue.

It's as moronic as a person who advocates for women's right being told that they should focus on animal rights or modern day human trafficking. 

You FOCUS on an issue and stay there. Then you keep refining your stance until it has impact. Without that focus, you will flounder on any issue you choose to address.
quote
scalabrine send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
scalabrine
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 15325
Location: United States
#59
Posted: 4/2/2012 5:58:44 PM
choose to mainly address the white community because I am a part of it. 
I have that right. Are Asians racist? ***Sure, they can be.***
quote
benhogan76
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
benhogan76
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3090
Location: Ontario
#60
Posted: 4/2/2012 7:06:00 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scalabrine:


The problem I'm focused on isn't in the black community. And why would I preach to a choir? I've spoke with innumerable black individuals who simply nod their head because I'm just extracting everything that's already on the tip of their tongue. 

Simple-minded covers members will strike back with, "Are you saying the black community doesn't have problems???? LOL." No I am not.

I am saying that my platform is to address the white community when it comes to the massive inequity that stems directly from their preference/stereotypes/biases/outright racism on communities of color and all non-whites collectively in this country.

I choose to mainly address the white community because I am a part of it. I have that right. Are Asians racist? But I choose to focus on my own community. 

I could choose the Hispanic community, the Asian community, the Black community themselves to address racism in its simplest form. I am not going to do that. 

You pick a platform and an approach and move from there.

It's as idiotic as the arguments I've been hearing since the shooting, such as, "Dozens of blacks die everyday! Why aren't you speaking about them!" I can choose some of those by the way and I will in the near future but for now you focus on an issue.

It's as moronic as a person who advocates for women's right being told that they should focus on animal rights or modern day human trafficking. 

You FOCUS on an issue and stay there. Then you keep refining your stance until it has impact. Without that focus, you will flounder on any issue you choose to address.
If your goal is to try to get members here you consider to be racist to change or change their way of thinking then IMO your method is the wrong one. 
quote
ironlionzion722 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ironlionzion722
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2424
Location: Massachusetts
#61
Posted: 4/7/2012 1:38:43 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jwub91781:

Whites have given therselves bad names since slavery according to blacks,so what it comes down to is staying true to what your are..what makes me any different than a black standing up for their strong black people,I myself am standing up for my strong white people,there's no difference dipshit,thing is, guys like you don't have the balls to stand up for garbage,you just hide behind your tv and keep to yourself,as for me I stand up for what I believe in,and could gives to people about a bunch of potential protest/Rioters to try to make a statement in the streets over one dead thug. 

I understand what you're trying to say, the way you phrase it tho sounds ignorant.  You crticize me and say I hide behind my tv and won't "stand up" yet you're doing it all from behind your computer so it's very contradictory and hypocritical.  Thats my biggest criticism of Scalabrine and other blacks, as well as anyone debating important points, regardless of race.  The worst thing someone can do is be a hypocrite when they debate points.  They preach that everything is unfair and biased against blacks, yet they're the same people who girl, favor things like affirmative action, which is adherently racist, and won't address racism that favors them

quote
ironlionzion722 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ironlionzion722
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2424
Location: Massachusetts
#62
Posted: 4/7/2012 1:41:44 AM
Basically what I'm saying is bring up some points instead of just talking tough and posturing
quote
Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages Page 3 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.