Messages

Forum Index : Horse Racing : Messages
Author: [Horse Racing] Topic: BOYCOTT CALIFORNIA RACING UNTILL MORE HORSES ARE ENTERED!
beatymandog
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: betED.com |
beatymandog
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 222
Location: Arizona
#1
Posted: 9/19/2010 11:12:30 AM
THIS IS JUST A SHELL GAME! BOYCOTT CALIFORNIA RACING DONT BET THERE UNTILL MOST FIELDS HAVE AT LEAST SEVEN HORSES!
quote
dnetjr send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dnetjr
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 212
Location: United States
#2
Posted: 9/19/2010 11:35:43 AM
I haven't been keeping up with this. Why are the field entries down and isn't it the owners and trainers at fault for not entering their horses into the fields?
quote
Ap1Bfreetorun send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Ap1Bfreetorun
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 7205
Location: Mississippi
#3
Posted: 9/19/2010 12:37:15 PM
I have already done this, not betting much these days and for sure don't like 6-horse fields that always have at least one scratch.  The trainers would love to run 4-horse fields so they can all get a share of the purses.
If you can't beat two or three horses in the field you should go into a lower claiming price field.  I worked near Bay Meadows several times but hated the 4 and 5 horse fields (at least 3 races, usually) and i also did not like the $4.50 cold drinks (not even Cokes, either).  Yes, I am a tightwad in some ways.
quote
dnetjr send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dnetjr
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 212
Location: United States
#4
Posted: 9/19/2010 12:38:48 PM
why are the fields so small? whats the cause?
quote
rubberneck
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
rubberneck
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 2547
Location: New Jersey
#5
Posted: 9/20/2010 6:53:32 PM
boycott it forever-they raised the takeout 2%
quote
alltalc
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
alltalc
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 231
Location:
#6
Posted: 9/22/2010 2:08:20 AM
  garbage horses,trainers= short fields. cal racing is done.It's been this way for years,always small fields. Put your $$ on the dolphins to go to the superbowl. Better investment.
quote
TexanGambler
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
TexanGambler
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 11180
Location: United States
#7
Posted: 9/22/2010 1:12:34 PM

Why can't you bet on other tracks have big fields? You don't have to wager on small fields...I like 8 plus horses per stakes race...

My superbowl pick: Green Bay Packers versus Baltimore Ravens...

quote
Greyhound send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Greyhound
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 22305
Location: Wisconsin
#8
Posted: 9/23/2010 2:51:24 PM
California Horse Racing

California Horse Racing Handicappers
quote
Robb52 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Robb52
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5232
Location: New York
#9
Posted: 9/23/2010 4:34:47 PM
Polytrack is killing the industry in Cali......Watch how much bigger the fields get at Santa Anita when they go back to dirt....
quote
gambler315
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
gambler315
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 7494
Location:
#10
Posted: 9/24/2010 4:24:38 PM
The Cali guys don't even bet these bull rings!
quote
sacstar03 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
sacstar03
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 232
Location:
#11
Posted: 9/27/2010 9:49:49 AM
The question being asked:  "why are the fields so short in California?"       The answer is simple, more and more owners are sending their horses out of state or just getting out of the business.   Now for the complicated part.  For decades, horse racing in California as well as the rest of the country kind of owned a monopoly on gambling.  The profits were huge.  The only other place to gamble was in Las Vegas or Atlantic City, not much of a threat.  Now Casinos have popped up all accross the country, offering more bang for the buck.  Horse racing was at first slow to respond.  Ak-Sar-Ben, Garden State Park, Bay Meadows, Sportsman's Park, and others all gone because they couldn't compete.  In the mid 90's Mountaineer Park in West Virginia implemented slots at the track that has helped the racing industry and hurt it too.  Other tracks, primarily in the east coast as well those states surrounding Texas now have slots.  Purses at Indiana Downs are about the same as Santa Anita.  California is one state that WILL NOT get slots.  It has a unique political climate where the Indian Casinos are getting closer to a gambling monopoly.  They fund the pockets of all the state politicians who will do every thing they ask.  Meanwhile, the impotent horse racing lobby does nothing to fight back.  In fact they shoot themselves in the foot by raising the takeout (not 2%, but actually closer to 10%).  The northern California, once a proud curcuit, is one of the lowest-class venues in racing  The southern Calif curcuit is going that direction.  So if you own a horse, let's say it's a 10k claimer, you can run in cali for a 14k purse or ship to Philadelphia Park and run for 24k.  EVEN THE PURSES IN NEW MEXICO RIVAL CALIFORNIA.  It's human nature to go where the money is.  I can't blame the owners.  I can't blame you bettors to choose another track to play.  Once Aqueduct gets it's slots next year, you will see a further exodus from the once-Golden State.  If you live in L.A., get used to a plethora of 5k and 10k claimers.  They're coming.  Also it's only a matter of time before Bejarano and Rosario and Baffert go on to greener pastures.  California racing is like the Titanic when only half of the ship was sticking out of the water.  And somebody just turned on the sprinklers.
quote
josbran
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
josbran
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1663
Location: United States
#12
Posted: 9/28/2010 7:13:06 PM
The problem racing has is novice bettors get upset when the horse they bet wins and pays 5.00. A person can go to a casino and play 25cent slots with a bet of 75cents to win $1000. Go to almost any racetrack and see all the over 60 seniors betting. Cal. tracks have Friday night concerts that draw lots of young people but they only come for the music and don't bet races. I love the races but I fear that in 10 or 15 years this sport will be dead.
quote
skoda
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
skoda
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 714
Location: United States
#13
Posted: 9/28/2010 11:21:27 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by josbran:

The problem racing has is novice bettors get upset when the horse they bet wins and pays 5.00. A person can go to a casino and play 25cent slots with a bet of 75cents to win $1000. Go to almost any racetrack and see all the over 60 seniors betting. Cal. tracks have Friday night concerts that draw lots of young people but they only come for the music and don't bet races. I love the races but I fear that in 10 or 15 years this sport will be dead.

 

Read California is going to offer placing bets on horses to LOSE

quote
Dude_Abides send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Dude_Abides
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3041
Location:
#14
Posted: 9/29/2010 10:37:50 AM
Horse racing is dead, period. Simple demographics. Kids these days are the 'video game generation'. They play 4 poker games at the same time online. They are not going to sit around and wait half an hour between races ...
quote
Addict101 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Addict101
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 4275
Location: California
#15
Posted: 9/29/2010 4:00:22 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Greyhound:

California Horse Racing

California Horse Racing Handicappers

 

If you really want to lose bet those mules that get bet down in NY. Slop or no slop

quote
Addict101 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Addict101
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 4275
Location: California
#16
Posted: 9/29/2010 4:03:27 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by gambler315:

The Cali guys don't even bet these bull rings!

Very strange rant the Pomona Fair has the largest handle of all fairs  get your facts straight

quote
Robb52 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Robb52
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5232
Location: New York
#17
Posted: 9/29/2010 9:57:14 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Addict101:

 

If you really want to lose bet those mules that get bet down in NY. Slop or no slop




LOL.....Mule racing is a fairplex thing......My opinion on what is killing California raacing....Synthetics.....I used to love betting Cali, I will rarely bet because of the synthetic tracks, They are the reason for the small fields.......Lets Hope for the State of Cali the tracks go back to dirt....otherwise you will see a mass exodus of the good jockey's that are left i.e. Bejarano, Padroza  Rosario etc....
quote
Addict101 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Addict101
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 4275
Location: California
#18
Posted: 9/30/2010 1:04:30 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Robb52:




LOL.....Mule racing is a fairplex thing......My opinion on what is killing California raacing....Synthetics.....I used to love betting Cali, I will rarely bet because of the synthetic tracks, They are the reason for the small fields.......Lets Hope for the State of Cali the tracks go back to dirt....otherwise you will see a mass exodus of the good jockey's that are left i.e. Bejarano, Padroza  Rosario etc....

LOL why would they leave? They're doing quite well here in the sunshine.

Synthetics are were put in here to save the sport and the horses. The worst thing in the horse racing is seeing a horse break down.

Calif is losing their fan base because ...my guesses

Too many things to do here that are more profitable or enjoyable. The state take is outragous as we all know.     

Bad and almost criminal inquiries results. Fans are not all stupid. When you get a winner taken down on a very questionable call or you bet a horse that gets completely wiped out of a race by the horse that wins and there is not even a inquiry. This sends a message. Less fans means smaller purses which equals smaller fields.

And crooked is a good description about the payoffs. When you see in 7 out 10 races the horse that wins goes off at lower odds than when the race starts and your payoff is significantly lower, this gets pretty old. I have seen the odds go down on a longshot during the race as soon as he gets the lead and then go back up when he fades in the stretch many times. This is BS, someone is skimming these pools, it could even be the tracks trying to survive.

I've called and written to the California racing board and never recieved a response back I truly believe these things are true but  love the sport anyway. 

quote
Robb52 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Robb52
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5232
Location: New York
#19
Posted: 9/30/2010 2:47:23 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Addict101:

LOL why would they leave? They're doing quite well here in the sunshine.

Synthetics are were put in here to save the sport and the horses. The worst thing in the horse racing is seeing a horse break down.

Calif is losing their fan base because ...my guesses

Too many things to do here that are more profitable or enjoyable. The state take is outragous as we all know.     

Bad and almost criminal inquiries results. Fans are not all stupid. When you get a winner taken down on a very questionable call or you bet a horse that gets completely wiped out of a race by the horse that wins and there is not even a inquiry. This sends a message. Less fans means smaller purses which equals smaller fields.

And crooked is a good description about the payoffs. When you see in 7 out 10 races the horse that wins goes off at lower odds than when the race starts and your payoff is significantly lower, this gets pretty old. I have seen the odds go down on a longshot during the race as soon as he gets the lead and then go back up when he fades in the stretch many times. This is BS, someone is skimming these pools, it could even be the tracks trying to survive.

I've called and written to the California racing board and never recieved a response back I truly believe these things are true but  love the sport anyway. 


Synthetics have not prevented break downs...in fact there were more break downs at Del Mar this year then Saratoga....I do think you are limited to the pool of horses you see run at Cali because of the fake stuff....

The sport is still strong  and i feel will always be strong.....The sport still makes a Huge profit, but the politicians may eventually take too much........
quote
Addict101 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Addict101
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 4275
Location: California
#20
Posted: 9/30/2010 10:20:46 PM

Why would only Del Mar have breakdowns.......Probably Del Mar is full of sand but you could'nt figure that out could you.

By the way, what I call a Mule is a 8-1 shot that goes off at 8-5 at all those NY tracks day in day out and they never even hit the board.

quote
sports1000 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
sports1000
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 48
Location:
#21
Posted: 10/13/2010 1:00:59 AM
delmar track still brings a decent crowd but ABSOLUTLEY nothing like before. where it used to take 10 minutes to place a bet now 2 minutes tops.
quote
Forum Index : Horse Racing : Messages
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.