NBA 2nd half plays YTD 132-106-3

Forum: NBA Betting Page 2 of 2  1 2  
Author: [NBA Betting] Topic: NBA 2nd half plays YTD 132-106-3
utfootball4 PM utfootball4
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 20033
 
utfootball4
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 3/29/2012 11:25:05 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by brettuthius:

I'm stupid so I took Hornets ML at +330 for the 2nd half.

Great play - 500 bucks on it.
vicky98 PM vicky98
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 13070
 
vicky98
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 3/29/2012 11:25:16 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Mr_Wiggle:

Second half bets give you better handicap on the game because you can get a feel from the first half. This isn't a secret 

azngujuonfire PM azngujuonfire
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1304
 
azngujuonfire
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/29/2012 11:26:31 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Mr_Wiggle:

Second half bets give you better handicap on the game because you can get a feel from the first half. This isn't a secret 

That's what i used to think, but it's almost just as much of a coin flip if you do that, as a full game bet is
Umuahia PM Umuahia
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 4055
 
Umuahia
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/29/2012 11:26:33 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by nuggetmonster:

JUST FROM 1 CAPER TO ANOTHER. WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY ONLY 2ND HALF BETS. WHY YOU GETTING DEFENSIVE MY DUDE.

Don't take it offensively...it's a gambling thread, so you really don't know who's who in here. Just thought the questions were a bit invasive since you've never posted in any of my threads...it was very "out of the blue". No shade though...it's all good. But 2nd halves, to me, are just an easier bet based on a lot of different elements of a game. 
Umuahia PM Umuahia
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 4055
 
Umuahia
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/29/2012 11:28:27 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by azngujuonfire:


That's what i used to think, but it's almost just as much of a coin flip if you do that, as a full game bet is

Not even close imo. You can make a killing off 2nd half bets 
azngujuonfire PM azngujuonfire
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1304
 
azngujuonfire
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/29/2012 11:33:11 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Umuahia:


Not even close imo. You can make a killing off 2nd half bets 

Yeah, you can.  I'm basing my opinion off CBB haha, I used to take the obvious 2H lines and i'd always get burned, it would feel so ridiculous, a team is up 20 at the half and then 2nd half they can't cover.  

NBA is a bit more predictable since they are all professionals, same level of talent, not as big of momentum swings as there are in college.  Haven't done many NBA 2H wagers but looking to try to get $$$ off it lol
azngujuonfire PM azngujuonfire
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1304
 
azngujuonfire
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/29/2012 11:34:30 PM
For example, public probably hammered NO 2H play, they came out just now and were leading the 2H scoring by 3 or 4, now they have been outscored by portland, running out of spread 
Mr_Wiggle PM Mr_Wiggle
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 736
 
Mr_Wiggle
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 3/29/2012 11:38:19 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by azngujuonfire:


That's what i used to think, but it's almost just as much of a coin flip if you do that, as a full game bet is

As I recall correctly ive steered away from more games completely because I watched the 1H versus playing full point spread games. 
azngujuonfire PM azngujuonfire
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1304
 
azngujuonfire
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/29/2012 11:40:01 PM
OKC/LA half time, solid play please!  
Umuahia PM Umuahia
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 4055
 
Umuahia
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/29/2012 11:40:36 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Mr_Wiggle:


As I recall correctly ive steered away from more games completely because I watched the 1H versus playing full point spread games. 

Couldn't agree more!! I don't even look at full game point spreads anymore to make a play 
JMAG PM JMAG
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1839
 
JMAG
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 3/29/2012 11:43:22 PM
Thunder -1.5 (Lakers will win by a bucket)
OVER 99.5
Yanke125 PM Yanke125
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 161
 
Yanke125
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 3/29/2012 11:49:24 PM
Any play on the Laker 2nd Half?
Umuahia PM Umuahia
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 4055
 
Umuahia
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/29/2012 11:50:46 PM
Lean OKC -1 
nuggetmonster PM nuggetmonster
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 10509
 
nuggetmonster
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 3/30/2012 12:02:37 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Umuahia:


Don't take it offensively...it's a gambling thread, so you really don't know who's who in here. Just thought the questions were a bit invasive since you've never posted in any of my threads...it was very "out of the blue". No shade though...it's all good. But 2nd halves, to me, are just an easier bet based on a lot of different elements of a game. 


EXPLAIN IM ALWAYS LOOKING TO GET BETTER....
Umuahia PM Umuahia
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 4055
 
Umuahia
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/30/2012 12:21:29 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by nuggetmonster:



EXPLAIN IM ALWAYS LOOKING TO GET BETTER....

2nd half bets give you the chance to assess the first half and make a better determination of how the flow of the game will resume. Points scored, the 2nd half line, etc
nuggetmonster PM nuggetmonster
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 10509
 
nuggetmonster
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 3/30/2012 12:23:38 AM
WERE DID YOU PICK THIS UP AT ???? I MEAN ALL THE INFO ON BETTING 2ND HALFS BTW ARE YOU STILL DOWN IN DC AREA
Umuahia PM Umuahia
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 4055
 
Umuahia
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/30/2012 12:50:49 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by nuggetmonster:

WERE DID YOU PICK THIS UP AT ???? I MEAN ALL THE INFO ON BETTING 2ND HALFS BTW ARE YOU STILL DOWN IN DC AREA

Trial and error for the most part. Studying lines and trends 
boycali01 PM boycali01
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 3717
 
boycali01
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/30/2012 12:53:04 AM
nuggetmonster PM nuggetmonster
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 10509
 
nuggetmonster
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 3/30/2012 12:57:50 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Umuahia:


Trial and error for the most part. Studying lines and trends 


INTERESTING TO SAY THE LEAST...


NEVER ANSWERED IF YOUR STILL IN THE DC AREA ?
Forum: NBA Betting Page 2 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.