Posted: 7/26/2012 1:31:01 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier:
bunny - i agree with your points...do you think QB "lame"son can get at least 2 TD's against this Sooner secondary...this is a top 5 game for me,but I am not sure if I will pull the trigger in my top 3. Price is a good coach. UTEP plays tough at Sun Bowl. If this were at Norman, OU could name the score, but at El Paso, in a packed stadium with a late start 9:30 pm CST, I am not sure about this game yet. Right now, my top 5 plays are...
LSU -40 over N Texas
Georgia -31 over Buffalo
N Dame - 14 over Navy
Alabama -11 over Michigan
Oklahoma -29 over UTEP
the OU D line seems to be suspect...I think the secondary will be improved, but these guys got shelled by the Big XII last year...
I will appreciate your thoughts..
OK @ UTEP:
-I wouldn't put an away game with a spread of -30 plus in my top 3 either
-Stoops is a very above average D coordinator. He will have them ready
-UTEP has oline and dline, no returning RB's, and one decent receiver.
-Huge talent discrepancy across the board
-Big difference between BIG 12 QB's and mid conferences
If you had to make me stack rank pre-lines:
1. Alabama (this will be a SEC beatdown. It has the feel of that Michigan St. game)
2. Notre Dame (ND is too athletic for the Service academies )
3. LSU (don't like the -40 but I wouldn't put my enemies dime on North Texas... they might not get 50 yards in this game)
*4. Georgia (I think they could but i don't trust them at all. Also, @ Missouri on tap)
5. OK (love them except for the road thing)
6. Like UCF @ Akron (don't trust UCF. don't trust them on the road. Akron is horrible though)