Messages

Forum Index : NFL Betting : Messages Page 4 of 4  1 2 3 4  
Author: [NFL Betting] Topic: Rams +10.5 next week
andarmac99 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
andarmac99
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 16730
Location:
#76
Posted: 10/19/2011 3:51:28 PM
Another one I like this week:


Tampa Bay +1


Both of these teams are overrated but the Bears really suck and they are approaching this game totally wrong. Nice win by Chicago last week beating the crap out of a horrible Minnesota team at home on SNF. But their offensive line is still garbage and their defense is still old. This is a spot where a young up and coming team can step over an old, aging team on the way down.

The Bears are approaching this game all wrong. This should be a fun road trip and a chance to get away from all the bullshit back at home (contract situations, trade requests, etc) but instead the Bears are treating this like any other road game as they prepare at home and don't get to London until Friday night. That gives the players an opportunity to talk about the growing gap between the players and management with all the contract talks, and trade requests that act as distractions like Lance Briggs talks about here. Again, this should be a fun week on the road with the team but instead they are stuck at home talking about all this other bullshit.

Tampa on the other hand learned from their first London game and left on Monday for London. Tampa tackle Donald Penn talking about leaving early this time instead of arriving on the Friday exactly like the Bears are doing this week: "I slept all day Saturday the last time I was there. I was tired. . . . It took a lot out of me the last time. It’s a big time adjustment. I’m real happy about how we’re doing it this year.” Tampa Bay was spanked that year by New England and last year San Fran spent the whole week in London while the Broncos arrived on the Friday, San Fran won. The Bucs have already been out at London schools and sight-seeing. Sounds like a good time and time for a young team to bond and they should be fresh and ready to go for the game while an old Bears team arrives late after facing a bunch of distractions.
quote
andarmac99 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
andarmac99
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 16730
Location:
#77
Posted: 10/19/2011 4:00:56 PM
I also have the Steelers/Cardinals OVER 41.5, the line is now up to 42.5 but I'd still play it.

I'd normally look at the Cards here but their defense is just so awful. I had them in the Giants game and it was a big concern for me going in and seeing them give up 21 points in the 4th quarter was too predictable. The Steelers finally got their running game going last week and Big Ben should be able to attack this very weak secondary with his slew of big play weapons. On the other side Arizona's offense is facing a lot of questions and I look for them to respond with a solid performance. Pittsburgh's defense is not scary anymore, especially on the road. They are very old and banged up. Hampton, Smith, and Harrison all look to be out again this week and who knows how Polamalu will play after a concussion. It's hard to imagine but the Steelers have not played a game west of Denver since they were in Arizona in 2007. That travel could catch up with an old defense.
quote
easywinner999 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
easywinner999
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 953
Location:
#78
Posted: 10/19/2011 7:17:37 PM
still think Dallas  -13 is not bad bet
quote
Getty3
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Getty3
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 16997
Location: Florida
#79
Posted: 10/19/2011 7:31:23 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by easywinner999:

still think Dallas  -13 is not bad bet

especially if they win by 14. If only we had the crystal ball of sports results of days of future passed.

quote
mtbaker send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
mtbaker
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9999
Location: British
              Columbia
#80
Posted: 10/19/2011 7:45:04 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by andarmac99:

Another one I like this week:


Tampa Bay +1


Both of these teams are overrated but the Bears really suck and they are approaching this game totally wrong. Nice win by Chicago last week beating the crap out of a horrible Minnesota team at home on SNF. But their offensive line is still garbage and their defense is still old. This is a spot where a young up and coming team can step over an old, aging team on the way down.

The Bears are approaching this game all wrong. This should be a fun road trip and a chance to get away from all the bullshit back at home (contract situations, trade requests, etc) but instead the Bears are treating this like any other road game as they prepare at home and don't get to London until Friday night. That gives the players an opportunity to talk about the growing gap between the players and management with all the contract talks, and trade requests that act as distractions like Lance Briggs talks about here. Again, this should be a fun week on the road with the team but instead they are stuck at home talking about all this other bullshit.

Tampa on the other hand learned from their first London game and left on Monday for London. Tampa tackle Donald Penn talking about leaving early this time instead of arriving on the Friday exactly like the Bears are doing this week: "I slept all day Saturday the last time I was there. I was tired. . . . It took a lot out of me the last time. It’s a big time adjustment. I’m real happy about how we’re doing it this year.” Tampa Bay was spanked that year by New England and last year San Fran spent the whole week in London while the Broncos arrived on the Friday, San Fran won. The Bucs have already been out at London schools and sight-seeing. Sounds like a good time and time for a young team to bond and they should be fresh and ready to go for the game while an old Bears team arrives late after facing a bunch of distractions.

I think with Ponder being a rookie QB against the Champs they won't stray away from A Pete in the run game and I think the Vikings have a very solid defense they just had a bad start in CHI combined with the horrific punting and turnovers from McNabb.  They'll be in this at home and the Packers just are not focused right now with AJ Hawk fingering his own team screwing around etc.

I originally leaned the Bears but I saw that they rank last against the run which could be absolutely disastrous against the Bucs.  Only one thing I was wondering the Bucs played Monday vs. IND- flew cross country to San Fran- then flew back home to Tampa- and are now flying to London- do u think they'll be really fatigued?

quote
AMMO_069 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
AMMO_069
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 178
Location: Florida
#81
Posted: 10/19/2011 8:01:48 PM
Tampa Bay is a Brilliant selection.  
quote
TomE send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
TomE
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 625
Location: California
#82
Posted: 10/19/2011 8:59:21 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by andarmac99:



You opine that Dallas is going to look ahead to next week's Phil game. Sorry, 2-3 teams can't afford the luxury of looking ahead. When you are a talented team with a losing record, every single game on the plate in front of you commands your full attention.

Sure Dallas could be looking ahead, why not? They are a .500 team and those types of teams play down to the level of their competition and look ahead all the time. The fact they haven't had a "feel good home smacking" is probably the one thing that concerns me the most. But do you really think this team is going to approach an 0-5 Rams team that is banged up as all hell the same as they would the Patriots or Eagles?

You say that losing that tough game at NE means there's no coming back for this Dallas team. I see it just the opposite. First, losing to NE at NE is no shame. They competed well, and were in the game to the end.

That's the conventional wisdom but it often works the other way as those teams give it their all as a dog and come back a little flat as a big fav they know they will beat. It's a long season and this team is just trying to stay healthy. What's the point in going full throttle against a team this bad? I'll have to look it up but home favs that lost as dogs the week before playing a team off a loss are a huge losing proposition with a very big sample size.

You can take my word for it that the Rams have nothing in common with NE. One team is elite and the other complete garbage.

Well no kidding. I'm pretty sure that's figured into the 20 turnaround in the spread. FYI - The Cowboys may be looking at the game from the same viewpoint.

(a 21-2 trend in play for winless teams coming off a bye after week 4....ummm, how'd that work out?). I couldn't believe what I was reading and wondered if any of them had actually seen the Rams play this year.

I've been making money off that trend for years. If I had looked at the card last week I'd have been all over it. I'm not sure what's so hard to believe, the Rams should have covered. I saw this on another site: Of the teams that out-gained their opponents and were even or better in turnovers only 24 of 3468 lost by more than 14 points, which is just 0.7% of the time. In other words if that game plays out the same way again the Rams had a 99.3% chance of covering. There aren't many right side losers but the Rams were one last week. They should have covered and anyone who had Green Bay was very fortunate. There are several more very good trends supporting St. Louis this week and one of which is better than that 21-2 one from last week.

I see your best chance with that pick is to hope for a back door cover with Dallas looking to run out the clock and get ready for the next week. That's a pretty slim angle to hang money on though IMO.

Why is it a slim angle? The game is 60 minutes, do you expect them to quit and not try to get the backdoor? If the Rams did get a backdoor it only means that Dallas was overinflated and/or the Rams were undervalued which is the reason anyone is going to bet on a game in the first place.


Agree to disagree but GL to you as well.


Absolutely.

I did want to mention that I do like stats too. I was very interested in considering the Rams last week (as well as Miami). One thing I don't do is allow my knowledge and love for trends to supplant my own handicapping of the games involved. What I do is consider the trend, then see if it jives with my consideration of the match up as well. If so, good. If not, forget it.
I ask myself which is the better team and compare stats and try to watch games available to me so that I have a working knowledge and feel for the teams. I like to have the better team in the match ups I'm interested in. I also prefer if they are the home team.
I ask myself who will win the game (not if I think that a team might cover a spread while believing that they will lose - 83% of the time whoever wins the game also covers the spread).
After I considered that GB SL game, I concluded it was a complete mismatch and that if ever there was a team to go against laying 15 points it was SL at GB. To tell me that SL should have covered that game because trends indicated a 99.3% cover is laughable (sorry - no disrespect).
One Team:
0-4
on the road
scores 11ppg and gives up 28ppg
facing a team recording 329 ypg passing while they are giving up 225 (bad match up:GB passing vs SL pass defense)
giving up 1 turnover a game
Other Team:
at home
5-0
scores 35 ppg, gives up 22
no unfavorable matchup {even though GB gives up yards passing, SL is an underperformer  (less than 200 - only 187 passing ypg) in their passing game}
GETS 7 turnovers a game (so +8 TO differential vs SL)

It's a little simplified for this writing but that was a large part of my consideration of the game and that was more than enough to conclude that big trend was completely worthless for that match up.

Add that to my own observation and realization over the years that GOOD teams off of byes are usually good bets while BAD teams off of byes are more often than not losers... NOT betting SL in that match up was a complete no-brainer.

I went through the same procedure with the Mia Jets game and concluded that the Jets were the pick, not Miami.

In one game, I avoided blindly tagging along with the trend-ers throwing my money away on a loser (been there, done that) and in the other game (then a 21-3 trend with Mia) I went the other way and kicked butt with the Jets. For both of those matchups, I had to discard big, juicy, inviting trends....not taken lightly by me. I had to think for myself, do my own due diligence.
I would say that even though you think that matchup was a 99.3% chance winner and you would play it again and again, I would say that if you give me the same teams and all the circumstances involved which went with my considerations...you play that game again right now and you will have the same result 90% of the time.
You will not be winning 99.3%, no way, no how. That was a bad pick all considered, not a good pick gone bad.
Anyway, this is FRIENDLY discussion, and I do appreciate your thoughts you shared with me.
Hopefully, this is what makes us all better handicappers as we do along.










quote
TomE send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
TomE
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 625
Location: California
#83
Posted: 10/19/2011 9:11:57 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by andarmac99:

Another one I like this week:


Tampa Bay +1


Both of these teams are overrated but the Bears really suck and they are approaching this game totally wrong. Nice win by Chicago last week beating the crap out of a horrible Minnesota team at home on SNF. But their offensive line is still garbage and their defense is still old. This is a spot where a young up and coming team can step over an old, aging team on the way down.

The Bears are approaching this game all wrong. This should be a fun road trip and a chance to get away from all the bullshit back at home (contract situations, trade requests, etc) but instead the Bears are treating this like any other road game as they prepare at home and don't get to London until Friday night. That gives the players an opportunity to talk about the growing gap between the players and management with all the contract talks, and trade requests that act as distractions like Lance Briggs talks about here. Again, this should be a fun week on the road with the team but instead they are stuck at home talking about all this other bullshit.

Tampa on the other hand learned from their first London game and left on Monday for London. Tampa tackle Donald Penn talking about leaving early this time instead of arriving on the Friday exactly like the Bears are doing this week: "I slept all day Saturday the last time I was there. I was tired. . . . It took a lot out of me the last time. It’s a big time adjustment. I’m real happy about how we’re doing it this year.” Tampa Bay was spanked that year by New England and last year San Fran spent the whole week in London while the Broncos arrived on the Friday, San Fran won. The Bucs have already been out at London schools and sight-seeing. Sounds like a good time and time for a young team to bond and they should be fresh and ready to go for the game while an old Bears team arrives late after facing a bunch of distractions.


Just want to say this is a KICK behind write up and angle and I really like it. I was not interested in the game but after reading this I am going to make a play on TB. Since the line is moving TB -1.5 to Chi -1.5, I'll wait until game day to put in my wager..hoping for +3...
THANKS! and good work and thinking on your write up.
By the way, this is a match up where there is no glaring mismatches between the two teams. Both teams are actually evenly matched and similar on paper in nearly every department, which in itself begs to go with the dog on a neutral field...

BOL 
quote
billywaddy send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
billywaddy
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1133
Location:
#84
Posted: 10/19/2011 10:42:02 PM
I'm not sure where to start. I'm a rams fan since 1976 and this is the least talented edition. Last year the OC did a great job masking the rams limited ability by calling loads of 3 step drops and Bradford used Amendola to move the chains and control tempo. That OC is gone and Amendola is on the IR. Thus Sam the Ram has been subjected to abuse by opposing defenses as Mcd has dialed up his long developing passing game. Defensively the rams have lost their top 3 cb's. Think about that garbage for awhile ... frigging al harris starts! I'm sorry. I can't write anymore. My team is so bad it pains me to watch them every week. those peeps who were impressed by the 3-24 score need to think long and hard. The Pack were in an awful spot while the rams were coming off a bye week. The rams couldn't take advantage cuz they are damn near awful. If u bet on my rams please understand that u will b praying for a shitfest or a miracle backdoor cover. U might win but it won't be anything close to a good play
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
songho send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
songho
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7
Location:
#85
Posted: 10/19/2011 10:47:23 PM
0-5 with the spread hope their cover gl
quote
glyde69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
glyde69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 5505
Location: New Jersey
#86
Posted: 10/20/2011 5:18:20 PM

Andy Mac, good to see you back!

Not sure if I can back the Rams here.  Not that I would touch Dallas at that number, but this team is so hard to back right now.  Look at last week.  The fact that they didn't cover last week is an atrocity, but that is what bad teams do.....find a way to darn up.  I don't believe St Louis is nearly as bad as they are perceived right now, but I just find it hard to back them.  It doesn't help that Bradford is hobbling going against a furious Dallas front 7.  I'm staying far from that game, so I will give you the root.

Love your analysis on the Bucs.  The polar opposite of how these teams are handling the journey overseas is IMO a good indicator of how things should turn out.  Bears also are getting a lot of respect from the books this year.  Strange because I think my squad is straight up dogshit. How quickly after a rout of shitty Minny(who I am ashamed to say I bet last week) do people forget Chicago's many problems and holes on the offensive side of things.

Looking into Atlanta +3.5 on a Lions fade.  I wanted to fade them last week as well, but didn't think SF on the road was the best spot.  It seems like that's the story of this season.  I feel like I have a really good gauge on what is going on this season, and I'm eyeing things down a week or two in advance, yet circumstance is stopping me from really making a killing.  Passing on SF last week is an example.  I'm dying to fade the Lions, yet with how things set up with SF(being on road coming off 45-3 win against Tampa), I passed.  Couple weeks back I was eyeing down Indy to take a beating from Pitt, and I was gonna pound them on MNF, and instead they play Pitt tough, knock the line down a couple points, and I stay away.  Was eyeing down Balt over Houston for a couple weeks and a bunch of injuries and majorly inflated line kept me away from that.  I'm getting off subject here.....sorry I'm high as a kite. 

Anyway, the Lions.  They have a lot of good things going for them right now, but I just think they are playing over their heads.  I see a squad who offensively disappears for 2-3 quarters at a time.  It seems like they just throw 3 yard passes all day long(with an occasional shot to CJ downfield), but with the talent of their skill player positions, guys like Best, Burleson, and CJ bust off big plays and make the numbers look better than reality.  I think Harbaugh showed the world how to neutralize Detroit's monster defensive line last week, and Atlanta should follow in their footsteps.  Traps, misdirections, etcto keep those linemen off balance, and they can be gashed in the air with that shaky LB core and secondary.

Also looking at the Jets.  Hopefully some big SD money rolls in, and I can get 3.  I see a lot of talk about the trip to the east coast being neutralized because of their bye.  garbage, with their coaching I look at extra time to prep with SD as a BAD thing.  I think the Jets are gonna eat them up!

I'll be back later in the week with more.  Dealing with the flu and only the magical concoction called TUSSIONEX is keeping able to even type right now.  Glad you are back, Andy.

quote
mtbaker send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
mtbaker
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9999
Location: British
              Columbia
#87
Posted: 10/21/2011 3:33:53 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by glyde69:

Also looking at the Jets.  Hopefully some big SD money rolls in, and I can get 3.  I see a lot of talk about the trip to the east coast being neutralized because of their bye.  garbage, with their coaching I look at extra time to prep with SD as a BAD thing.  I think the Jets are gonna eat them up!

You know I was real high on the Jets at the beginning of the week but I've done a complete 180 on that game- SD is not happy with their performances so far and they are getting absolutely no respect from anyone including myself saying they are a fraud- throw in Ryan's comments and you have a very pissed off and motivated team that wants to prove it's for real- the Jets were mediocre against Miami as Miami took it into the red zone 3 times in the 1st half and if they had half a brain they would probably be up 10-0 and not down 7-6. 

Reggie Bush got 7.1 yards per carry against the Jets...REGGIE BUSH   Matthews has been running well and then Rivers can make enough throws to move the chains.

I'm probably not gonna have a wager on this game but my love for the Jets has down drastically as the week has gone on.

quote
andarmac99 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
andarmac99
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 16730
Location:
#88
Posted: 10/21/2011 11:07:55 AM
Well this clearly did not work out as planned. Bradford getting hurt really screws me here. It was reported earlier in the week that he would start but he has not practiced yet and from what I read they are going through every treatment known to man to get him to a point where he'll be able to play. I do like the fact he is bound and determined to play and is trying everything he can, it shows his teammates he has not quit on the season. But the prospect of AJ Feeley looms large and so does a real bad line. I will ride it out though, the league works in strange ways. Sometimes you take an early stand and end up getting great numbers and sometimes you end up getting bad ones and bad injury news, it happens.

I'm still not sold on Dallas, sure on paper they are capable of beating the garbage out of STL but they are just too inconsistent. Interesting ending to the game last week too where on the drive where the Cowboys got the go ahead FG from 1st and goal they ran it and through two underneath passes and did not let Romo throw it into the endzone. Then on their last drive they ran it three straight times, punted, and gave Brady the ball back with 2 minutes to go instead of throwing and going for the jugular like a real team would. Though Romo has made mistakes I think it was a horrible move not to go for the win there, it shows a complete lack of trust in Romo and the offense. It may not show up in this game but down the road this is something to keep an eye on.

St. Louis +10.5
Tampa Bay +1
Pittsburgh/Arizona OVER 41.5

Haven't had time to look at much else and won't be around til maybe Sunday so GL.


YTD: 10-18............
quote
andarmac99 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
andarmac99
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 16730
Location:
#89
Posted: 10/21/2011 11:14:51 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by glyde69:

Andy Mac, good to see you back!

Not sure if I can back the Rams here.  Not that I would touch Dallas at that number, but this team is so hard to back right now.  Look at last week.  The fact that they didn't cover last week is an atrocity, but that is what bad teams do.....find a way to darn up.  I don't believe St Louis is nearly as bad as they are perceived right now, but I just find it hard to back them.  It doesn't help that Bradford is hobbling going against a furious Dallas front 7.  I'm staying far from that game, so I will give you the root.

Love your analysis on the Bucs.  The polar opposite of how these teams are handling the journey overseas is IMO a good indicator of how things should turn out.  Bears also are getting a lot of respect from the books this year.  Strange because I think my squad is straight up dogshit. How quickly after a rout of shitty Minny(who I am ashamed to say I bet last week) do people forget Chicago's many problems and holes on the offensive side of things.

Looking into Atlanta +3.5 on a Lions fade.  I wanted to fade them last week as well, but didn't think SF on the road was the best spot.  It seems like that's the story of this season.  I feel like I have a really good gauge on what is going on this season, and I'm eyeing things down a week or two in advance, yet circumstance is stopping me from really making a killing.  Passing on SF last week is an example.  I'm dying to fade the Lions, yet with how things set up with SF(being on road coming off 45-3 win against Tampa), I passed.  Couple weeks back I was eyeing down Indy to take a beating from Pitt, and I was gonna pound them on MNF, and instead they play Pitt tough, knock the line down a couple points, and I stay away.  Was eyeing down Balt over Houston for a couple weeks and a bunch of injuries and majorly inflated line kept me away from that.  I'm getting off subject here.....sorry I'm high as a kite. 

Anyway, the Lions.  They have a lot of good things going for them right now, but I just think they are playing over their heads.  I see a squad who offensively disappears for 2-3 quarters at a time.  It seems like they just throw 3 yard passes all day long(with an occasional shot to CJ downfield), but with the talent of their skill player positions, guys like Best, Burleson, and CJ bust off big plays and make the numbers look better than reality.  I think Harbaugh showed the world how to neutralize Detroit's monster defensive line last week, and Atlanta should follow in their footsteps.  Traps, misdirections, etcto keep those linemen off balance, and they can be gashed in the air with that shaky LB core and secondary.

Also looking at the Jets.  Hopefully some big SD money rolls in, and I can get 3.  I see a lot of talk about the trip to the east coast being neutralized because of their bye.  garbage, with their coaching I look at extra time to prep with SD as a BAD thing.  I think the Jets are gonna eat them up!

I'll be back later in the week with more.  Dealing with the flu and only the magical concoction called TUSSIONEX is keeping able to even type right now.  Glad you are back, Andy.



Great to see you buddy love reading your stuff. Wish I had more time to look at the games and chat this week.

I haven't looked at the ATL/DET game much but you have a nice take. Sooner or later the lines are going to be too high on ATL. Everyone now thinks they are overrated but the problem there is it is now reflected in the numbers. Just a few weeks ago whoever thought they be +3.5 to the Lions? The time to get on the ATL is overrated bandwagon was earlier in the year (or the playoff game against GB) but I don't know about now.

Detroit is a Minnesota collapse and Romo gag job from being 3-3. I'd like to see how they respond from a loss though.

GL this week buddy.
quote
sllab33 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
sllab33
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 551
Location: Wisconsin
#90
Posted: 10/21/2011 1:40:02 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mtbaker:

I think with Ponder being a rookie QB against the Champs they won't stray away from A Pete in the run game and I think the Vikings have a very solid defense they just had a bad start in CHI combined with the horrific punting and turnovers from McNabb.  They'll be in this at home and the Packers just are not focused right now with AJ Hawk fingering his own team screwing around etc.

I agree with your points about Peterson, the defense, and McNabb.  But I don't really think GB will lack focus because of something like that.  It hasn't really been that big of a deal here, and it's the Vikings at the Metrodome, McCarthy should have them plenty focused.   Just my opinion. 

quote
Flutiemaniac341 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
Flutiemaniac341
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 21123
Location: British
              Columbia
#91
Posted: 10/23/2011 1:39:45 AM
QUOTE


Originally Posted by TomE:

Good luck with your play. 

I find your analysis and conclusions lacking at best.
You opine that Dallas is going to look ahead to next week's Phil game. Sorry, 2-3 teams can't afford the luxury of looking ahead. When you are a talented team with a losing record, every single game on the plate in front of you commands your full attention.
You say that losing that tough game at NE means there's no coming back for this Dallas team. I see it just the opposite. First, losing to NE at NE is no shame. They competed well, and were in the game to the end. I think they will play even better this week and take it out on the Rams. You can take my word for it that the Rams have nothing in common with NE. One team is elite and the other complete garbage.

Last week, people were picking SL coming off their bye heading up to GB collecting 15 points (a 21-2 trend in play for winless teams coming off a bye after week 4....ummm, how'd that work out?). I couldn't believe what I was reading and wondered if any of them had actually seen the Rams play this year. They were on MNF a few weeks ago you know; any football fan worth his salt should have seen that game. SL STINKS! Their biggest knock is that they move the ball, but they can't get it into the end zone. You mention that point for the GB game as if it's an aberration, it's not! They have been doing that game after game, all season. They are an extremely consistent football team thus far, they get to the red zone, and that's the end of that! You also seem not to realize that the 2nd half of the GB game was all garbage time with GB sitting on a 24-3 lead, completely unmotivated to do anything but run out the clock on the entire 2nd half (and why not?). Oh, by the way, what did SL accomplish on the scoreboard during that 2nd half?  NADA, ZIP, ZERO!!!!!!   Pathetic! 
Even Washington beat the rams by 7 (AT THE RAMS) and no other loss has been closer than 12 points with 3 blowouts by Phil, Balt, GB.  I don't see anything better happening for SL playing an angry Dallas team in Dallas....

Hosting SL this week is just what Dallas needs, someone to pound all their frustrations out on and I think that is exactly what they will do moving their record to 3-3 and sending SL home 0-6. I won't lay DD points often and I don't see any reason to here, but absolutely NO WAY do I take the points with this hapless Rams club. I see your best chance with that pick is to hope for a back door cover with Dallas looking to run out the clock and get ready for the next week. That's a pretty slim angle to hang money on though IMO.
Dallas on teasers for me looks golden!
Nevertheless, as I said at the outset:   BOL




Who is this Mike Vick..?! Just because you say goodluck before and after you slander someone saying their opinion isnt good enough to warrant seriousness. That doesn't make it alright.
The guy is one of the few (only) that actually put some work and thinking into their plays. Stick ur head in a "rush" thread if you don't want opinions different from ur own.

And the guy that says Feeley is better than Bradford in this game. Ok that's just not critical thinking.
Sam is playing with a bunch of mistakes all around. Two tackles that were given too much money to be horrid. The wrs can't run proper routes and catch the ball. What do you want the guy to do pass and then catch his own passes then run through a line that can't block for Bradford??
Bradford will be a top 10 Qb if not already.

St Louis horrible secondary and red zone ineptitude has been a story all year. Bradford only has 5 Tds passes this year. Feeley will be lucky to throw 1 tomorrow. The Rams have been moving the ball all year but hit a wall once they get into the red zone.
I wouldn't touch this game with a ten foot pole.
quote
Skipster send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Skipster
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5044
Location: Tuvalu
#92
Posted: 10/23/2011 1:48:03 AM
glad to see you on tampa.  glad to see you back around.
quote
shakey12381 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
shakey12381
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 14503
Location:
#93
Posted: 10/23/2011 1:50:39 AM
like all the 3 andarmac
quote
mtbaker send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
mtbaker
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9999
Location: British
              Columbia
#94
Posted: 10/23/2011 6:27:40 AM

I teased Tampa and Steelers Over- go Mac go!

quote
luckyly send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
luckyly
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2982
Location: Indiana
#95
Posted: 10/23/2011 11:32:50 AM
C/BOYS,,,,,,,,,,,,1ST HALF...LARGE
quote
ActionMagnet send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ActionMagnet
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 980
Location: United States
#96
Posted: 10/23/2011 7:19:08 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by andarmac99:

Well this clearly did not work out as planned. Bradford getting hurt really screws me here. It was reported earlier in the week that he would start but he has not practiced yet and from what I read they are going through every treatment known to man to get him to a point where he'll be able to play. I do like the fact he is bound and determined to play and is trying everything he can, it shows his teammates he has not quit on the season. But the prospect of AJ Feeley looms large and so does a real bad line. I will ride it out though, the league works in strange ways. Sometimes you take an early stand and end up getting great numbers and sometimes you end up getting bad ones and bad injury news, it happens.

I'm still not sold on Dallas, sure on paper they are capable of beating the garbage out of STL but they are just too inconsistent. Interesting ending to the game last week too where on the drive where the Cowboys got the go ahead FG from 1st and goal they ran it and through two underneath passes and did not let Romo throw it into the endzone. Then on their last drive they ran it three straight times, punted, and gave Brady the ball back with 2 minutes to go instead of throwing and going for the jugular like a real team would. Though Romo has made mistakes I think it was a horrible move not to go for the win there, it shows a complete lack of trust in Romo and the offense. It may not show up in this game but down the road this is something to keep an eye on.

St. Louis +10.5
Tampa Bay +1
Pittsburgh/Arizona OVER 41.5

Haven't had time to look at much else and won't be around til maybe Sunday so GL.


YTD: 10-18............

 

In regards to the London game, it seems like you spend zero time capping the actual game and the match ups between the two  teams. You cap the jet lag and who landed first crap to help determine the winner of the game,lol... Dude you're total FADE MATERIAL. Ive never seen any one with such pretty convincing write ups that ultimatley lose. Thanks to you I won a nice sum of cash with the BEARS and BOYS.. Thanks

quote
glyde69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
glyde69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 5505
Location: New Jersey
#97
Posted: 10/23/2011 7:48:37 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ActionMagnet:

 

In regards to the London game, it seems like you spend zero time capping the actual game and the match ups between the two  teams. You cap the jet lag and who landed first crap to help determine the winner of the game,lol... Dude you're total FADE MATERIAL. Ive never seen any one with such pretty convincing write ups that ultimatley lose. Thanks to you I won a nice sum of cash with the BEARS and BOYS.. Thanks

You are fading the wrong guy, bro.  Keep that up and let me know how much money you are up by the end of the year.

quote
Flutiemaniac341 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
Flutiemaniac341
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 21123
Location: British
              Columbia
#98
Posted: 10/23/2011 8:33:44 PM
U vultures are awful
The guy lost a few games, big deal
If you want some kind a cult following who throws darts and don't want analysis anywhere in the thread go to a damn  "rush"  thread..
Oops.. forgot he's lost his behind all year and doesn't post anymore
I'm sure andarmac will continue to post and well all be better for it
quote
andarmac99 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
andarmac99
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 16730
Location:
#99
Posted: 10/24/2011 9:54:18 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ActionMagnet:

 

In regards to the London game, it seems like you spend zero time capping the actual game and the match ups between the two  teams. You cap the jet lag and who landed first crap to help determine the winner of the game,lol... Dude you're total FADE MATERIAL. Ive never seen any one with such pretty convincing write ups that ultimatley lose. Thanks to you I won a nice sum of cash with the BEARS and BOYS.. Thanks



You're right dude. I can't cap my way out of a wet paper bag this year. I'm glad you won money on the Bears and Bucs, at least somebody is.

I was way off on the Bucs. Took a stand on the Rams earlier in the week thinking Bradford would be starting, turns out he wasn't and well there wasn't much I could do. I wouldn't bet that game had I known AJ Feeley would be going but I already had the ticket and let it ride. I liked Minnesota in the first half and didn't fire, story of my season. At least I made the right call on that Over.


quote
UKCrazyDave send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
UKCrazyDave
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 184
Location:
#100
Posted: 10/24/2011 6:49:07 PM
Hey andarmac,
I don't post here often, mainly as I can't take people baiting me like water off a duck's back like you seem to do, but I really enjoy reading your threads.
You know as well as I do 20 odd bets is a pretty small sample size so keep the faith and keep doing what you are doing

Stay classy

quote
Forum Index : NFL Betting : Messages Page 4 of 4  1 2 3 4  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.