What was HOT in 1993...

Forum: NHL Betting
Author: [NHL Betting] Topic: What was HOT in 1993...
Skubishack PM Skubishack
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 14624
 
Skubishack
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 5/23/2012 5:48:38 PM

The last time the Kings made the SCFinals...

1st yr in office for Bill Clinton...

1st yr as commish for Gary "ButtHole" Bettman...

Price of Gasoline was only $1.11 a gallon...

Billboard # 1 song was "That's the way love goes" - Janet Jackson

# 1 movie at the boxoffice was - Cliffhanger

"Cheers" series finale aired on May 20th, 1993

... and on a personal note... I was living with a sweet little Filipino chick on the other side of the country with my son (not from her), who was only 6 yrs old then...

_keyser_soze_ PM _keyser_soze_
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1114
 
_keyser_soze_
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/23/2012 5:51:40 PM
And of course, you felt that the Kings didn't get a HUGE break from the (NHL) refs who decided not to call penalty on #99 in the conference finals against the Maple Leafs - when Gretzky did a little plastic surgery on Dougie's face.  Oh well, at least you're consistently blind...


vegasdennis PM vegasdennis
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 21934
 
vegasdennis
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 5/23/2012 5:57:15 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by _keyser_soze_:

And of course, you felt that the Kings didn't get a HUGE break from the (NHL) refs who decided not to call penalty on #99 in the conference finals against the Maple Leafs - when Gretzky did a little plastic surgery on Dougie's face.  Oh well, at least you're consistently blind...



.another bitter Laffs fan
camicom PM camicom
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 1055
 
camicom
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/23/2012 6:03:02 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by _keyser_soze_:

And of course, you felt that the Kings didn't get a HUGE break from the (NHL) refs who decided not to call penalty on #99 in the conference finals against the Maple Leafs - when Gretzky did a little plastic surgery on Dougie's face.  Oh well, at least you're consistently blind...




Bitterman.....
faceoff PM faceoff
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3634
 
faceoff
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/23/2012 6:09:05 PM

1993 The Mirage in Las Vegas was 3 years old and changing the whole complex of what Las Vegas has become today.... I think Treasure Island opened in 1993.............

 

I was 19 yrs younger than I am now and just about that time I discovered the beauty and distinction of asian women ...... Yes, 1993 was a very good year...................... Money and box were abundant to the tune of decadence............... LOL................

Skubishack PM Skubishack
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 14624
 
Skubishack
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 5/23/2012 6:09:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by _keyser_soze_:

And of course, you felt that the Kings didn't get a HUGE break from the (NHL) refs who decided not to call penalty on #99 in the conference finals against the Maple Leafs - when Gretzky did a little plastic surgery on Dougie's face.  Oh well, at least you're consistently blind...


Get OFF MY NUTS dude... I was in surgery with some problems of my own back then and don't remember much of those playoffs. Go find a friend elsewhere I'm not interested.
Skubishack PM Skubishack
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 14624
 
Skubishack
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 5/23/2012 6:10:49 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by faceoff:

1993 The Mirage in Las Vegas was 3 years old and changing the whole complex of what Las Vegas has become today.... I think Treasure Island opened in 1993.............

 

I was 19 yrs younger than I am now and just about that time I discovered the beauty and distinction of asian women ...... Yes, 1993 was a very good year...................... Money and box were abundant to the tune of decadence............... LOL................

LeRinkRat PM LeRinkRat
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 73514
 
LeRinkRat
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/23/2012 6:14:46 PM
just a reminder for Darryl "Henery Hawk" Sutter in the finals. make DAMN SURE your players are using LEGAL STICKS the last two minutes of a game IF you have the LEAD
Skubishack PM Skubishack
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 14624
 
Skubishack
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 5/23/2012 6:27:24 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by LeRinkRat:

just a reminder for Darryl "Henery Hawk" Sutter in the finals. make DAMN SURE your players are using LEGAL STICKS the last two minutes of a game IF you have the LEAD

I'm sure that every equipment manager in the NHL was sent a memo from thier owners after that incident...

Slobbasaurus PM Slobbasaurus
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 5526
 
Slobbasaurus
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/24/2012 10:29:01 AM

Good thread, Skub.

Memories

vegasdennis PM vegasdennis
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 21934
 
vegasdennis
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 5/24/2012 10:30:51 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LeRinkRat:

just a reminder for Darryl "Henery Hawk" Sutter in the finals. make DAMN SURE your players are using LEGAL STICKS the last two minutes of a game IF you have the LEAD

 Knew this would be brought up
BooBunny PM BooBunny
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 12186
 
BooBunny
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 5/24/2012 10:50:03 AM

I was living in the northeast part of Tennessee working at my first job out of college. It was the only place I ever lived where I couldn't play.

Me and a guy from New York used to go down to Knoxville to see the Knoxville Cherokees play in the ECHL. I even saw Manome Raiome play a game there for Atlanta. (Probably butchered the spelling).

The best thing about Tennessee was leaving it which I did in late 1993.

 

Skubishack PM Skubishack
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 14624
 
Skubishack
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 5/24/2012 6:21:35 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by BooBunny:

I was living in the northeast part of Tennessee working at my first job out of college. It was the only place I ever lived where I couldn't play.

Me and a guy from New York used to go down to Knoxville to see the Knoxville Cherokees play in the ECHL. I even saw Manome Raiome play a game there for Atlanta. (Probably butchered the spelling).

The best thing about Tennessee was leaving it which I did in late 1993.

 

Just for You Boo...

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VCdJyOAQYM 

pj702 PM pj702
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1040
 
pj702
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 5/24/2012 9:30:37 PM
you forgot about LA riots
waldo3777 PM waldo3777
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 291
 
waldo3777
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 5/27/2012 7:57:36 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Skubishack:

Just for You Boo...

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VCdJyOAQYM 



Man I remember that from High School now i do feel old lol.
HookEmHorns22 PM HookEmHorns22
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 22265
 
HookEmHorns22
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 5/27/2012 8:06:03 PM
I was 8 in 1993 lol
Posted using a mobile device.
soup-can PM soup-can
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 6857
 
soup-can
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/27/2012 9:33:25 PM
i was in 11th grade and had no idea about anyone in hockey besides the great gret
Absolutxedge22 PM Absolutxedge22
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 13501
 
Absolutxedge22
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 5/29/2012 8:55:40 PM
Good read.
Forum: NHL Betting
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.