Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Politics] Topic: Something positive
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7618
Location: Texas
#1
Posted: 4/13/2012 6:41:36 AM
More than mere Magic Mushrooms (Video)

As a Green Party supporter, this makes me happy. I thought I would post something positive in the political forum for a change.

quote
rick3117 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14207
Location:
#2
Posted: 4/13/2012 7:33:44 AM
that is positive. 

Did a little bit of experimentation with Fungus in college. Is there anything mushrooms can't do? 
quote
AcerRubrum
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
AcerRubrum
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2098
Location:
#3
Posted: 4/13/2012 9:07:12 AM
quote
AcerRubrum
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
AcerRubrum
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2098
Location:
#4
Posted: 4/13/2012 9:24:14 AM
my daughter works 10 minutes away from them and says that a couple of kids started it and are expanding like crazy...numerous awards for green design....trying to get one of my sons that is a chemist  to apply there...looks like they have a wonderful future!
quote
AcerRubrum
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
AcerRubrum
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2098
Location:
#5
Posted: 4/13/2012 9:29:12 AM



in case anyone is interested
quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7618
Location: Texas
#6
Posted: 4/13/2012 11:12:20 AM
Wow Rick I would have never guessed that you would have experimented with shrooms for some reason.

Ive have also tried shrooms. I did many years ago though. Right now, I’m curious about DMT.

Philosopher Terence mckenna says mushrooms attributed to evolution and that mushrooms could be an extraterrestrial organism.

I constantly have up and down feelings about god but when I see that mushrooms can eat plastic. It makes me think maybe god has given us all the solutions to every problem and we just haven’t found them all yet.

AcerRubrum I hope your son gets a job someday. That was an interesting interview you posted. It gives me hope when I see a story like this. It makes me think maybe just maybe we can overcome the nightmare we are in right now one small step at a time.

Fellas
quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7618
Location: Texas
#7
Posted: 4/13/2012 11:14:00 AM

AcerRubrum I hope your son gets a job *there* someday.
quote
AcerRubrum
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
AcerRubrum
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2098
Location:
#8
Posted: 4/13/2012 11:45:20 AM
It gives me hope when I see a story like this. It makes me think maybe just maybe we can overcome the nightmare we are in right now one small step at a time.

me too me too
quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7897
Location: Canada
#9
Posted: 4/13/2012 12:27:10 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

More than mere Magic Mushrooms (Video)

As a Green Party supporter, this makes me happy. I thought I would post something positive in the political forum for a change.


Cool video thanks for sharing. Very promising discovery indeed. Good find money. 

Also glad to hear you are a Green Party supporter
quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7897
Location: Canada
#10
Posted: 4/13/2012 12:38:53 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

Wow Rick I would have never guessed that you would have experimented with shrooms for some reason.


Ive have also tried shrooms. I did many years ago though. Right now, I’m curious about DMT.

Philosopher Terence mckenna says mushrooms attributed to evolution and that mushrooms could be an extraterrestrial organism.

I constantly have up and down feelings about god but when I see that mushrooms can eat plastic. It makes me think maybe god has given us all the solutions to every problem and we just haven’t found them all yet.

AcerRubrum I hope your son gets a job someday. That was an interesting interview you posted. It gives me hope when I see a story like this. It makes me think maybe just maybe we can overcome the nightmare we are in right now one small step at a time.

Fellas

This post is funny. I wouldn't get carried away... I used to eat a lot of shrooms. I never do anymore. Don't plan on it again. Haven't in more than 5 years, probably closer to 10. I highly doubt they are 'extraterrestrial' but I guess anything is possible... It is a plant that has effects just like tonnes of other plants that have uses & effects from food, spices, rubber and gum trees, to natural herbs & medicine... and of course, proper erbs 



As for the fungi eating plastic thing... Not sure how God comes into the picture. I'm sure there are solutions to a whole whack of problems that we just haven't discovered yet. I have a hard time seeing god behind it all... cherry picking problems and creating solutions out of thin air... logically that is. 
quote
AcerRubrum
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
AcerRubrum
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2098
Location:
#11
Posted: 4/13/2012 1:18:49 PM
every little bit at a time eh..... the wheel started the same way


quote
OakleyDoak
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
OakleyDoak
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1092
Location: Ohio
#12
Posted: 4/13/2012 1:29:53 PM
Sunny !
quote
rick3117 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14207
Location:
#13
Posted: 4/14/2012 8:12:15 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

Wow Rick I would have never guessed that you would have experimented with shrooms for some reason.

Ive have also tried shrooms. I did many years ago though. Right now, I’m curious about DMT.

Philosopher Terence mckenna says mushrooms attributed to evolution and that mushrooms could be an extraterrestrial organism.

I constantly have up and down feelings about god but when I see that mushrooms can eat plastic. It makes me think maybe god has given us all the solutions to every problem and we just haven’t found them all yet.

AcerRubrum I hope your son gets a job someday. That was an interesting interview you posted. It gives me hope when I see a story like this. It makes me think maybe just maybe we can overcome the nightmare we are in right now one small step at a time.

Fellas

I have been curious about DMT for a while too.  I am not sure if it is an eye opening enlightening experience or if it just makes you batshit crazy.  

Interesting thought on God.    
quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7618
Location: Texas
#14
Posted: 4/14/2012 8:25:18 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DiscoD69:


This post is funny. I wouldn't get carried away... I used to eat a lot of shrooms. I never do anymore. Don't plan on it again. Haven't in more than 5 years, probably closer to 10. I highly doubt they are 'extraterrestrial' but I guess anything is possible... It is a plant that has effects just like tonnes of other plants that have uses & effects from food, spices, rubber and gum trees, to natural herbs & medicine... and of course, proper erbs 



As for the fungi eating plastic thing... Not sure how God comes into the picture. I'm sure there are solutions to a whole whack of problems that we just haven't discovered yet. I have a hard time seeing god behind it all... cherry picking problems and creating solutions out of thin air... logically that is. 
Disco, I brought up god because I think that if god made man then god created everything on earth. Including the things needed to make plastic. What are the odds that man created plastic and there was no way to get rid of used plastics and then man finds a mushroom that can eat only plastic and get rid of plastic waste.

If god exists then that means he put mushrooms, weed, and all drugs for us to use for a reason. That means humans are actually creating laws and saying god’s vision and creations are wrong. Think about how crazy that sounds.

Terence McKenna - Mushrooms are an Extraterrestrial Probe?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljy3TH1T0jk

Joe Rogan talks about Terence McKenna’s the Stoned Ape Theory
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUTgPOUdcLE

Terence McKenna was a philosopher, metaphysician, phenomenologist, researcher, teacher, lecturer, and writer.

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”
~ Albert Einstein

“Everything is determined…by forces over which we have no control. It is determined for the insect as well as for the star. Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust—we all dance to a mysterious tune, intoned in the distance by an invisible piper.”
~ Albert Einstein

“Politics is a pendulum whose swings between anarchy and tyranny are fueled by perennially rejuvenated illusions.”
~ Albert Einstein

“A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?”
~ Albert Einstein

Joe Rogan, Graham Hancock, Terence McKenna, Zecharia Sitchin, Immanuel Velikovsky, Stephen Hawking, Michio Kaku, and Albert Einstein are some of my favorite minds to listen to.

quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7618
Location: Texas
#15
Posted: 4/14/2012 8:47:35 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rick3117:


I have been curious about DMT for a while too.  I am not sure if it is an eye opening enlightening experience or if it just makes you batshit crazy.  

Interesting thought on God.    
Rick, Hell yeah I wonder if i will enjoy it or go crazy also. It's hard to find and very complicated to make. I have been asking around for the last 2 months and I have no idea how I will find it.

I don't want to live life afraid to experience new things. I made a promise to myself that before I die. I will experience it.

Here's a video if you haven't seen it about Joe Rogan's DMT experience.

Joe Rogan - DMT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euw68c-xwok

Most people watch this and think I'm crazy for even wanting to try it. I say I want to live life to the fullest. I was dead on a hospital table for 1 mintue and 30 seconds and remember nothing but darkness.

After that experience I have been living life without fear and want to have as many wonderful experiences as possible. And read and learn as many interesting things as possible also.


quote
rick3117 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14207
Location:
#16
Posted: 4/14/2012 5:21:19 PM
I have seen the Rogan tape, and that is what originally intrigued me.  Let me know if you ever try it. 
quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15412
Location: Pennsylvania
#17
Posted: 4/15/2012 9:35:16 AM
i got my hands on DMT over the past year. Wasn't all that it was hyped up to be, but i'm glad to have tried it.  made for a very different sense of 'being' and while on it, you have a wild view of 'depth perception' and dimensions.  I did it in a man mad building, would like to try it in the woods, far enough away from all the noise of modern mans society, preferably near a bonfire. overall, was kinda let down, but maybe that's the difference of experimenting with garbage when you're 30 compared to being 16/17.

My favorite mushrooms experience was being in central florida with cousins when i was 16/17, and a county or two there didn't have regulations that forced the farmers with cows to feed them the anti-fungals,,,so the shrooms grew in the wild in their fields. We hopped a fence, it was hot and humid as darn,,,,,i filled an entire tshirt bag, and was eating them fresh as we picked. wow did i get farking spun! Without putting a lot of thought into it, i packed the entire bag of fresh shrooms into my backpack for the next morning when me and my mom and sisters were driving back home to PA for 16 hours,,,,,,mushrooms are like 90% water, and trapped in a bag in a a warm car,,,,,well, you get the picture, they kept asking what the hell is that smell. I got home, they were all ruined and friggin nasty as hell

i tripped on time in the last ten years, it was fun as hell, but have to really get all the way away from modern mans society and all the noise. We drove up to potter county and i danced with the devil for a night and saw god in the morning,,,amazing
quote
don juan
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
don juan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 4747
Location: Florida
#18
Posted: 4/15/2012 10:15:13 AM
POSITIVE ? .I'm Positive President Obama will be re-elected !
quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7897
Location: Canada
#19
Posted: 4/15/2012 10:43:18 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by don juan:

POSITIVE ? .I'm Positive President Obama will be re-elected !


Don we all are...

Well, all of us except the 'moderate independents' 
quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7897
Location: Canada
#20
Posted: 4/15/2012 11:10:24 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

Disco, I brought up god because I think that if god made man then god created everything on earth. Including the things needed to make plastic. What are the odds that man created plastic and there was no way to get rid of used plastics and then man finds a mushroom that can eat only plastic and get rid of plastic waste.

If god exists then that means he put mushrooms, weed, and all drugs for us to use for a reason. That means humans are actually creating laws and saying god’s vision and creations are wrong. Think about how crazy that sounds.

Terence McKenna - Mushrooms are an Extraterrestrial Probe?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljy3TH1T0jk

Joe Rogan talks about Terence McKenna’s the Stoned Ape Theory
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUTgPOUdcLE

Terence McKenna was a philosopher, metaphysician, phenomenologist, researcher, teacher, lecturer, and writer.

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”
~ Albert Einstein

“Everything is determined…by forces over which we have no control. It is determined for the insect as well as for the star. Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust—we all dance to a mysterious tune, intoned in the distance by an invisible piper.”
~ Albert Einstein

“Politics is a pendulum whose swings between anarchy and tyranny are fueled by perennially rejuvenated illusions.”
~ Albert Einstein

“A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?”
~ Albert Einstein

Joe Rogan, Graham Hancock, Terence McKenna, Zecharia Sitchin, Immanuel Velikovsky, Stephen Hawking, Michio Kaku, and Albert Einstein are some of my favorite minds to listen to.


RE  bold: I understand what you are saying, but you could say that about anything & everything. It's a big 'if.' 

Maybe I'm just having trouble rationalizing that idea because I'm not religious. I just don't attribute anything to god, but that's just me.

I tend to think man created plastic (from natural resources found on Earth), which is a petroleum product let's remember, so it's not far fetched to think of oil companies trying to come up with new innovative uses for petroleum, especially at the time it was invented and everything going on at the time...It's also not far fetched to me that man could come up with a solution. It's somewhat surprising that we just 'stumble' upon a new fungi that does it naturally, but it's not mind blowing or suspicious to me in any way. Think of how many species of insects, plants and animals we haven't "discovered" yet. I might be wrong but I think the estimate is something like half of all species on earth. Again, I'm not sure about that one so don't quote me on it. The point is the number is big. We have lots to discover.


RE Underlined: Replace 'god' with 'nature' and I'm with you 1000%. 

Although, either way that's a terrific argument to use while conversing with a religious person, if they are in favour of prohibition. So I won't argue with you.


RE Links: I'll check those out at some point. Always interested to hear what kind of crazy garbage Joe Rogan is up to.  


Re Quotes: Love em, keep em coming. 


As usual Money 
quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15412
Location: Pennsylvania
#21
Posted: 4/15/2012 11:21:01 AM
“Men like Henry George are rare unfortunately. One cannot imagine a more beautiful combination of intellectual keenness, artistic form, and fervent love of justice.” – Albert Einstein
quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15412
Location: Pennsylvania
#22
Posted: 4/15/2012 12:12:56 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by don juan:

POSITIVE ? .I'm Positive President Obama will be re-elected !


your excitement is akin to someones reaction to testing positive for Herpes


quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7618
Location: Texas
#23
Posted: 4/16/2012 12:44:13 AM
Be easy, maybe you should have stuck it up your behind.  I’m joking but I have I read that people have also tried to put DMT up their behind to try to get a longer high.

The reason your high was bad could have been bad chemistry. It takes a skilled chemist to make it right and if the chemistry is off the entire experience is fucked.

DMT is perhaps the most powerful hallucinogen known to man so something could have been wrong with the DMT you tried. It’s said that Real DMT is the most beautiful and terrifying drug on the planet.

I’m looking for pure white DMT because it’s said that pure white is the purest form. That shroom smell must have smelled like a sewage drain.

Disco, I don’t know if there is a god but I do know there probably is a spiritual power of some kind. The universe is never ending. Think about that, NEVER ending. That means there are things yet to be discovered. Something created the planets and us. 

Scientists talk about wormholes, black holes to other dimensions and aliens. Go watch the movie Hidden Human History I posted in my joe rogan thread in the GD forum disco. Man, doesn’t know garbage and scientists can even agree on garbage either.

I just talked to a friend about my DMT quest fellas and he told me the best way is to find a native american shaman because of the dangerous chemistry involved. I think my experience with an indian tribe would be much safer and I would be in a good atmosphere to enjoy the trip. 

The only fun I will have when Obama wins re-election is when I get to see poppa bear O'Reilly burst into tears and scream it’s the end of the world again and keep an eye out for fox news cult followers jumping off the fox news headquarters in NY.

This would have been the first year I would have ever voted GOP because of Ron Paul. Democrats get my vote by default, between the devil and the deep blue sea. I have a dream that one day all politicians are libertarians!

“Question everything. Every stripe, every star, every word spoken. Everything.”
~ Ernest Gaines

Knowledge slowly builds up what Ignorance in an hour pulls down.
~ George Eliot

One wanders to the left, another to the right. Both are equally in error, but are seduced by different delusions.
~ Horace

Will do rick.

Fellas


quote
dl36
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23542
Location: United States
#24
Posted: 4/16/2012 3:26:51 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rick3117:

that is positive. 

Did a little bit of experimentation with Fungus in college. Is there anything mushrooms can't do? 


you can often tell someone that has done psychedlics becasue of their ability to think outside of the box and think for themselves...  you seem to have this quality so your experimentation is not surprising...




quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7897
Location: Canada
#25
Posted: 4/16/2012 1:19:28 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

 

Disco, I don’t know if there is a god but I do know there probably is a spiritual power of some kind. The universe is never ending. Think about that, NEVER ending. That means there are things yet to be discovered. Something created the planets and us. 

Scientists talk about wormholes, black holes to other dimensions and aliens. Go watch the movie Hidden Human History I posted in my joe rogan thread in the GD forum disco. Man, doesn’t know garbage and scientists can even agree on garbage either.



I agree, there is a tonne we just do not know. However, I have serious reservations about attributing the unexplained or undiscovered to the church or their interpretation of reality.

We don't know everything there is to know about life and death and the universe, which is totally fine I might add. Anybody that claims to have all the answers in this day and age should be scrutinized, and make extra special sure you include religious groups in that. Spirituality is one thing, organized religion is another. I can't take the Church seriously, so I have as easy a time attributing something to the Christian version of god as I do attributing the same thing to aliens, ghosts, santa or the boogyman. As far as I'm concerned, they are all inventions created by man-kind to serve a specific purpose.

In the same sense that people used to think the Earth was flat. It was understood as such. Until we discovered differently and it was explained/proved that the Earth was in fact round. So now we know, it was discovered. Do you think in a couple more hundred years we'll find out it's not round, but really something else? Probably not. It's a crazy path we're on as a species, I'd rather use logic and reason than just believe ghost stories and blindly accept them as truth. I like that you are 'out there' kicking behind and taking names in your quest for answers. In this you have my support...

And if there is a god, I hope he blesses you in your journey 
 

quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.