is 1,000.00 dollars a game a big amount

Forum: Systems & Strategies
Author: [Systems & Strategies] Topic: is 1,000.00 dollars a game a big amount
beantown27 PM beantown27
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1924
 
beantown27
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 6/7/2013 1:13:09 PM
i know this depends on if you got the money ofcourse and other factors come in but in general.........

if your betting 1,000.00 a game and you average say 30 games a month 30k per month total gambling......


where would this rank you........would you be considered higher than most but an average middle class gambler....or would you be on the high side.....

i just read an article that floyd meaweather bet 5.9 million on a nba game (no truth to it but if he did that is more than i bet prolly in a life time)so does that make me a pee on gambler........
jacdy02 PM jacdy02
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 609
 
jacdy02
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 6/7/2013 1:19:58 PM
If you're wagering 30k a month of course you're higher then an average gambler
Jarrett75 PM Jarrett75
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 24643
 
Jarrett75
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 6/7/2013 1:26:32 PM
Mayweather makes these bets a few times a year. I am pretty sure it's been proven he does.
cyton PM cyton
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 3811
 
cyton
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 6/7/2013 1:28:40 PM
Really ?? You need to ask this
Posted using a mobile device.
beantown27 PM beantown27
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1924
 
beantown27
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 6/7/2013 1:30:38 PM
yes i have to ask because my typical bet is 300-1000 and a few friends say that is insane.i just never saw anything of it....
JicJac PM JicJac
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5180
 
JicJac
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 6/7/2013 1:31:07 PM
Yes, here in Vegas, you would be a decent sized player.
beantown27 PM beantown27
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1924
 
beantown27
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 6/7/2013 1:32:39 PM
in the last 6 months on book maker i the lowest possible bet i have made was prolly 75.00 and the highest was 5500.00 and people say im a high roller and i am thinking well that isnt a big high roller man.....its simply betting 25.00 a hand in black jack over a 3 hour 3 day weekend messing around........you win you lose more but you have fun.
beantown27 PM beantown27
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1924
 
beantown27
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 6/7/2013 1:33:39 PM
thanks jic jack......
cyton PM cyton
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 3811
 
cyton
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 6/7/2013 1:37:33 PM
I wouldn't call it insane if you can afford to bet it.
Posted using a mobile device.
DegenGamble PM DegenGamble
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1070
 
DegenGamble
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 6/7/2013 2:44:00 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by JicJac:

Yes, here in Vegas, you would be a decent sized player.

In Vegas do you get comps for Sports Bet action?  Meaning are you rated for your play like you would for a table game?  Like Blackjack?

If so is the point system pretty much the same?  
Danrules24 PM Danrules24
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4453
 
Danrules24
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 6/7/2013 2:56:37 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DegenGamble:


In Vegas do you get comps for Sports Bet action?  Meaning are you rated for your play like you would for a table game?  Like Blackjack?

If so is the point system pretty much the same?  

At Station Casinos you get 1 point (overal points and status points) for each dollar bet on sports. Horse bettors get something like 3 or 4 points per $1. Realistically you need 100,000 or more points in 6 months to have it really be worth anything. I don't bet that much but I do get mailers for buffets and free slot play.

I'm thinking of switching to Cantor but I have no idea what their comp plan is.

Oh, to the original topic, yes $1,000 a game is well above the average here in Vegas.

 

bruin95 PM bruin95
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 376
 
bruin95
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 6/7/2013 8:25:42 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Danrules24:

At Station Casinos you get 1 point (overal points and status points) for each dollar bet on sports. Horse bettors get something like 3 or 4 points per $1. Realistically you need 100,000 or more points in 6 months to have it really be worth anything. I don't bet that much but I do get mailers for buffets and free slot play.

I'm thinking of switching to Cantor but I have no idea what their comp plan is.

Oh, to the original topic, yes $1,000 a game is well above the average here in Vegas.

 



I get those mailers all the time, and I haven't made a bet, or played any machines at Stations, in well over a year.  

To the OP, yes, $1000 a game is well above the average bet.  You start betting a $1000 a game, here in Vegas, and you'll get "noticed" real quick.
Bostoncj PM Bostoncj
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 239
 
Bostoncj
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 6/29/2013 11:31:11 PM
Beantown if u see this PM me...
collegegambler PM collegegambler
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 16192
 
collegegambler
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 6/30/2013 5:29:51 PM
anyone know why beantown got in trouble?

how long does covers rehab last?
HeadOverHeart PM HeadOverHeart
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 21398
 
HeadOverHeart
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 7/1/2013 5:52:19 PM
Where'd Beantown go?

This is worrying...
bigkeith PM bigkeith
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 93
 
bigkeith
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 7/2/2013 3:42:24 PM

1st off  Floyd jr had no way of getting down on a 5 million dollar + Nobody in the  country and outside of the country would take that type of Action and I MEAN NOBODY.  So that is a typical internet story that is complete bullshit.

2nd  1000.00 a game is a large player overall , however depending  where you are laying off the action at you might just be a regular joe. Any station casino you would be noticed a bit Hilton  wouldn't  bat an eye and  online with Pinny or Betcris you would be just another mid range player. Once you get into the  2500.00 a wager per pick or above then you get flagged quickly and your account would be reviewed daily for sure. Anything over 10 K and you are dealing with a direct person and or Dept that is if that is your daily play +

 

1000 Player should  have at least a 250 K  bankroll to play with it Min. Anything less then that You will Go Broke.............

 

BK

rangerz2478 PM rangerz2478
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 17823
 
rangerz2478
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 7/2/2013 11:39:32 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HeadOverHeart:

Where'd Beantown go?


This is worrying...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2vd2LAaWy0&feature=c4-overview&list=UUc5ZLXK7kz0IIZGIlNgVn_Q

Umm, yea...

(about all I have to say about this video)
JicJac PM JicJac
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5180
 
JicJac
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 7/4/2013 10:39:03 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HeadOverHeart:

Where'd Beantown go?


This is worrying...


Umm, yea...

(about all I have to say about this video)




Oh man!! The dude is got some problems. Sponsors?
Mr_Ranch PM Mr_Ranch
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 253
 
Mr_Ranch
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 7/5/2013 3:35:28 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bigkeith:

1st off  Floyd jr had no way of getting down on a 5 million dollar + Nobody in the  country and outside of the country would take that type of Action and I MEAN NOBODY.  So that is a typical internet story that is complete bullshit.

2nd  1000.00 a game is a large player overall , however depending  where you are laying off the action at you might just be a regular joe. Any station casino you would be noticed a bit Hilton  wouldn't  bat an eye and  online with Pinny or Betcris you would be just another mid range player. Once you get into the  2500.00 a wager per pick or above then you get flagged quickly and your account would be reviewed daily for sure. Anything over 10 K and you are dealing with a direct person and or Dept that is if that is your daily play +

 

1000 Player should  have at least a 250 K  bankroll to play with it Min. Anything less then that You will Go Broke.............

 

BK


a 1000 player should have a 250K bankroll?? 

that is awful advice. Should've known you don't know sh*t about betting. 

A 100K is enough. A 1000 wager is only 1% of the BR. At 250K, if you're only betting 1000 and could risk going broke, then you SUCK and should do something else


Mr_Ranch PM Mr_Ranch
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 253
 
Mr_Ranch
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 7/5/2013 3:35:48 PM
and to answer the original question, 

NO
stats1 PM stats1
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 7900
 
stats1
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 7/11/2013 1:33:51 AM
It's pocket change to Phil Mickelson and Michael Jordan (idiot)
bigkeith PM bigkeith
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 93
 
bigkeith
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 7/12/2013 12:15:26 AM

MR RANCH Said

 

a 1000 player should have a 250K bankroll?? 

that is awful advice. Should've known you don't know sh*t about betting. 

A 100K is enough. A 1000 wager is only 1% of the BR. At 250K, if you're only betting 1000 and could risk going broke, then you SUCK and should do something else

 
BK  Says
You are dead wrong BRO.  Esp if you are playing in units that skew anywhere from 3 to 30 and even  if you weren't  and flat wagering  1000 a pick you should always  have 250 + units in back up to offset any type of bad runs and or streaks.  Any Pro bettor that size has had many situations in which their bankroll could and or can be cut in half off of a bad run.  Its called being  Safe .   Anyone playing a 1000 a pick  with  a 100k bankroll has a 60% of going broke before obtaining  any long term profits.  Always  us  the  50%  Rule.    and if I have to explain that to you I suggest you should stick with  Tennis and Horses.
ossigor PM ossigor
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 314
 
ossigor
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 7/28/2013 7:22:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bigkeith:

and if I have to explain that to you I suggest you should stick with  Tennis and Horses.


i don't see why you have to bring tennis into this..
Forum: Systems & Strategies
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.