Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 7 of 7 «  3 4 5 6 7  
Author: [Politics] Topic: Police video showing Zimmermans account to detectives the day after shooting.
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4178
Location: Greece
#151
Posted: 7/20/2012 1:34:00 PM

Much of it is inadmissable in front of the jury anyway unless it is relevant to the case, which most of the stuff you bring up is not relevant.>>

quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4178
Location: Greece
#152
Posted: 7/20/2012 4:51:46 PM

originally posted by moneySRH

Cuts to the back of Zimmerman’s head, mean nothing cuz Martin was standing his ground in self-defense.

What was he standing his ground from? Where are the bruises on Trayvons body or anything that suggests that Zimmerman physically attacked him?

Do you even know what stand your ground means or better yet simple self defense?

Hint: You dont need to defend yourself if a person isn't trying to assualt you.

Again: Where is the evidence that Zimmerman had intended to or actually did inflict injury or assault on Trayvon?

quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4178
Location: Greece
#153
Posted: 7/20/2012 5:02:36 PM

Totallity of the circumstances

...Probable cause and reasonable cause are judged by a totality of the circumstances standard. That means you have to take all the facts into consideration and weigh them.

quote
mattbrot send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mattbrot
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5821
Location: United States
#154
Posted: 7/20/2012 5:04:41 PM
- Is the witness one of the credible ones who did not change his story? If so than I there is no arguing this point.

- The cuts and bruises on Zimmerman mean that a fight occurred. Nothing more nothing less. I am only suggesting that that does not mean that Zimmerman was in danger of his life. If you and I got into a legit fist fight and you got the better of me that I assume that I would have some signs of it.

- Your argument about people with guns not looking for fights may be true but is also purely speculative. Neither of us know what his mind frame was (again your opinion).

Sorry I will have to finish my post later. Wife is rushing me out the door for happy hour.

word
quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4178
Location: Greece
#155
Posted: 7/20/2012 5:25:33 PM
- The cuts and bruises on Zimmerman mean that a fight occurred. Nothing more nothing less. I am only suggesting that that does not mean that Zimmerman was in danger of his life. If you and I got into a legit fist fight and you got the better of me that I assume that I would have some signs of it.
 
All by itself I 100% agree with you. Pieced with the fact that I have heard or read NOTHING about any injuries on Trayvons body other than the gunshot wound.
 
If you and I got into a fistfight and you had broken my nose and I was screaming for help. I would hope that you would let up or just pin me to the ground until help arrived. Why would you need to further injure me when I have blood in my eyes and I have been stunned/dazed by blow that broke my nose.
 
- Is the witness one of the credible ones who did not change his story? If so than I there is no arguing this point.
 
This witness has allegedly changed his mind relative to he isn't sure if the person on top was throwing down blows or what.
He has not changed his mind about a black guy being on top.
 
Ive been calling him "Joe" I should have said "John"
 
Watch this video
quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23671
Location: United States
#156
Posted: 7/20/2012 8:43:58 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

I’ve been saying since the very beginning, Zimmerman is a total freak show. I knew it. I look into his crazy eyes, see his disgusting crack head wife, and just knew they were both freak shows. They’re playing the game and I think they will win. Unless the lawyer from the movie, a time to kill, shows up to defend Martin. I see the jury finding Z not guilty. For once, I wish the roles were reversed. I wish an all black jury were selected. Just like that chappelle's show episode where the white guy is picked up on bogus drug charges and a jury of his peers, an all black thugged out jury, finds him guilty on all charges.  I thought that expressed in so little what the justice system is in this country.


perhaps it is people similar to him that relate with him as a person and would do and say the exact same thing he is that would defend him so vehemently...

birds of a feather



quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7800
Location: Texas
#157
Posted: 7/20/2012 8:53:01 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

<

Much of it is inadmissable in front of the jury anyway unless it is relevant to the case, which most of the stuff you bring up is not relevant.>>

 

As he is claiming self-defense, his character, veracity, and prior bad acts that would be in accordance with 404(b) would absolutely be admissible in this case.

quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7800
Location: Texas
#158
Posted: 7/20/2012 8:57:50 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

These are your so-called credible witnesses. You should have done research on those witnesses you believe in so much. They all changed their stories.

Cuts to the back of Zimmerman’s head, mean nothing cuz Martin was standing his ground in self-defense.

Dumbass? Witness "Joe" who was the one that saw some of the fight has always maintained that Trayvon was on top. He didn't have his contacts out like the other one who said she was now sure that Zimmerman was on top. Before, she couldn't be sure, but all the sudden after seeing poor little 12 year old Trayvons cute picture on TV now changes her story because she can't fathom that cute little Trayvon throwing punches or slamming someones melon into the sidewalk.

You're about as gullable as they get. Sit down and shut up.

Witness 2

A young woman who lives in the Retreat at Twin Lakes community, where Trayvon was shot, was interviewed twice by Sanford police and once by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

She told authorities that she had taken out her contact lenses just before the incident. In her first recorded interview with Sanford police four days after the shooting, she told lead Investigator Chris Serino, "I saw two guys running. Couldn't tell you who was in front, who was behind."

She stepped away from her window, and when she looked again, she "saw a fistfight. Just fists. I don't know who was hitting who."

A week later, she added a detail when talking again to Serino: During the chase, the two figures had been 10 feet apart.

That all changed when she was reinterviewed March 20 by an FDLE agent. That time, she recalled catching a glimpse of just one running figure, she told FDLE Investigator John Batchelor, and she heard the person more than saw him.

"I couldn't tell you if it was a man, a woman, a kid, black or white. I couldn't tell you because it was dark and because I didn't have my contacts on or glasses. … I just know I saw a person out there."

Witness 12

A young mother who is also a neighbor in the town-home community never gave a recorded interview to Sanford police, according to prosecution records released last week. She first sat down for an audio-recorded interview with an FDLE agent March 20, more than three weeks after the shooting.

During that session, she said she saw two people on the ground immediately after the shooting and was not sure who was on top, Zimmerman or Trayvon.

"I don't know which one. … All I saw when they were on the ground was dark colors," she said.

Six days later, however, she was sure: It was Zimmerman on top, she told trial prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda during a 21/2-minute recorded session.

"I know after seeing the TV of what's happening, comparing their sizes, I think Zimmerman was definitely on top because of his size," she said.

Witness 6

This witness lived a few feet from where Trayvon and Zimmerman had their fight. On the night of the shooting, he told Serino he saw a black man on top of a lighter-skinned man "just throwing down blows on the guy, MMA-style," a reference to mixed martial arts.

He also said the one calling for help was "the one being beat up," a reference to Zimmerman.

But three weeks later, when he was interviewed by an FDLE agent, the man said he was no longer sure which one called for help.

"I truly can't tell who, after thinking about it, was yelling for help just because it was so dark out on that sidewalk," he said.

He also said he was no longer sure Trayvon was throwing punches. The teenager may have simply been keeping Zimmerman pinned to the ground, he said.

He did not equivocate, though, about who was on top.

"The black guy was on top," he said.

Witness 13

He is important because he talked with Zimmerman and watched the way he behaved immediately after the shooting, before police arrived.

After this neighbor heard gunfire, he went outside and spotted Zimmerman standing there with"blood on the back of his head," he told Sanford police the night of the shooting.

Zimmerman told him that Trayvon "was beating up on me, so I had to shoot him," the witness told Serino. The Neighborhood Watch captain then asked the witness to call his wife, Shellie Zimmerman, and tell her what happened.

In two subsequent interviews about a month later — one with an FDLE investigator and one with de la Rionda — the witness described Zimmerman's demeanor in greater detail, adding that he spoke as if the shooting were no big deal.

Zimmerman's tone, the witness said, was "not like 'I can't believe I just shot someone!' — it was more like, 'Just tell my wife I shot somebody …,' like it was nothing."

Those witnesses are likely to be interviewed at least once more before Zimmerman's trial. Defense attorneys in Florida routinely question witnesses under oath as they prepare for trial.

Look at these witnesses. It’s a joke.
I’m gullible. Shut the darn up.
You’re one stupid darn.
Everything I said is relevant.
It shows Zimmerman’s character.
quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7800
Location: Texas
#159
Posted: 7/20/2012 9:00:54 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by dl36:



perhaps it is people similar to him that relate with him as a person and would do and say the exact same thing he is that would defend him so vehemently...

birds of a feather



I know, you know and covers knows
quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4178
Location: Greece
#160
Posted: 7/21/2012 10:47:50 AM

Witness 2 had taken her contacts out so she is pretty much unreliable Except for the stuff that is corroborrated by other witnesses.

Witness 12 changed her story after she saw the cute little pictures of Trayvon so she is unreliable.

Witness 6 "John" is pretty reliable but it is curious why he changed his story from not knowing for sure who was screaming. He never changed the part about Zimmerman being on the bottom though. Discrediting witness 12 further.

Witness 13 statements has little bearing on what happened because Zimmerman was likely in that dream world state or a state of mental shock or possibly even medical shock as we know it.

All these things you have to consider and since you obviously hate Zimmerman you clearly cannot see this case objectively.

31 fights in a lifetime is more than avg by far moneysrh, seems to me that only an out of touch person or imbisil could find themself having been in that many fights in a lifetime let alone before you hit 32.

I've been in maybe 4 fights and none since 10th grade when my shoulders broadened. Most people are likely in that same ballpark.

So in summary pumkin, since you clearly cannot be objective about this, why not leave this debate for those that can.

Oh, since you have been in 31 fights I'm sure you know what I mean about that dream world state of mind I mentioned earlier.

31 fights, jeesh, garbage man thats alot of fights, that may tell us alot about your charactor and lack of ability to rationalize.

quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4178
Location: Greece
#161
Posted: 7/21/2012 10:50:59 AM

DL36

Nice to see you NOT post that garbage about OJ/Sandusky for the umpteenth time. Perhaps you're out of touch as well since you never even knew you'd done it until I pointed it out to you.

Or perhaps you're out of touch because you simply post little else than comments on the commentors.

quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23671
Location: United States
#162
Posted: 7/22/2012 3:39:09 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

It is beyond laughable to watch you talk about objectivity, yet summarily discount every possible argument that is contrary to your opinion.

My position on this matter is pretty well known. Zimmerman may very well be innocent and I do not agree that he should have had his bail revoked. And Zimmerman may also be guilty as well. Th evidence simply is not clearcut either way, although the law clearly favors the argument that the State will have the burden of showing it was not self-defense.

But to watch you criticize others for their lack of objectivity is hysterical.




quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4178
Location: Greece
#163
Posted: 7/22/2012 3:45:40 PM

See post #160 for objectivity. Then explain to dl36 and others what it means.

-2300 dl36 will post very little besides comments about the commentors in the next month/year.

quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23671
Location: United States
#164
Posted: 7/22/2012 8:15:08 PM
on a thread about your OJ/sandusky... probably...

quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23671
Location: United States
#165
Posted: 7/22/2012 8:16:44 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mattbrot:


not exactly. As I said earlier it does question his character and does demonstrate that he has a history of violent behavior. 

He may very well be completely innocent and acted 100% in self defense but these previous issues do raise some eyebrows.

garbage -- do you think that people are going to give a guy like Ron Artest the benefit of the doubt if he beats the garbage out of a guy but claims that it was completely in self defense? 

this is obviously an extreme analogy but I think you get my point.


often times the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior and character
quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 7 of 7 «  3 4 5 6 7  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.