Messages

Forum Index : Gaming Industry - US : Messages Page 6 of 6 «  2 3 4 5 6  
Author: [Gaming Industry - US] Topic: An Official Message from Covers Regarding betEd
LRM704 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
LRM704
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 9980
Location: New York
#126
Posted: 5/27/2011 11:30:47 PM
I guess you're home   
quote
LVTruck
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: WilliamHill.com |
LVTruck
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 17948
Location: Nevada
#127
Posted: 5/27/2011 11:33:11 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by The Giant:

You're not allowed to speak anything other than English on Covers.com.


You may want to apologize before you end up getting boxed.


you would know,, have you ever posted a play,, what do you bring to the table,, penalty box post ,,questions of the day BS
you rub me the wrong way,, and if you would like to take it to the box,, I tell you why your BS comments about COVER owners hurt this  site not help DR PHIL  
quote
The Giant send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
The Giant
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 21183
Location: California
#128
Posted: 5/27/2011 11:35:03 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LVTruck:

you would know,, have you ever posted a play,, what do you bring to the table,, penalty box post ,,questions of the day BS
you rub me the wrong way,, and if you would like to take it to the box,, I tell you why your BS comments about COVER owners hurt this  site not help DR PHIL  


No thanks.

I would prefer to cease all contact with you, starting right now.

Good luck to you.
quote
LVTruck
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: WilliamHill.com |
LVTruck
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 17948
Location: Nevada
#129
Posted: 5/27/2011 11:39:22 PM
let's take it to the box Dr phil


quote
LVTruck
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: WilliamHill.com |
LVTruck
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 17948
Location: Nevada
#130
Posted: 5/27/2011 11:45:15 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by contraband71:

It's like a freaking circle jerk in here with all the

covers made millions putting BetEd #1 but yeah they shouldn't be held accountable for anything

And blame the DOJ, but Bookmaker also got indicted and were back up and running in minutes, yes minutes! So lets get this straight, BetEd was the victim and are flat broke while Bookmaker which was caught up in the same sting and doesn't miss a beat just got lucky. And recommending their players go to BetEd means covers should not be held accountable when those very same players are stiffed..awesome I wanna join the circle now
Millions so you say 20k a week for 5 years 
you don't need the circle
quote
LVTruck
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: WilliamHill.com |
LVTruck
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 17948
Location: Nevada
#131
Posted: 5/27/2011 11:51:07 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by contraband71:

It's like a freaking circle jerk in here with all the

covers made millions putting BetEd #1 but yeah they shouldn't be held accountable for anything

And blame the DOJ, but Bookmaker also got indicted and were back up and running in minutes, yes minutes! So lets get this straight, BetEd was the victim and are flat broke while Bookmaker which was caught up in the same sting and doesn't miss a beat just got lucky. And recommending their players go to BetEd means covers should not be held accountable when those very same players are stiffed..awesome I wanna join the circle now
JOEY
quote
jlyttle send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: SPORTSBETTING.AG |
jlyttle
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 277
Location: Tennessee
#132
Posted: 5/28/2011 12:11:33 AM
ummm.....i think millions is REALLY pushing it...lmfao
quote
superbeets send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
superbeets
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 16055
Location: Texas
#133
Posted: 5/28/2011 12:22:51 AM
I have sit back long enough on this issue..

First off--  I'm a straight shooter that doesn't care what any one person thinks about me that includes you guys, covers or anyone for that matter.  BUT what bothers me is the comments about COVERS being behind this whole bullshit situation.  One thing that I can tell you is FACT is that I have NEVER seen anything to hint at the fact of BETED going "down".....and when I say that I refer to stuff that you guys cant see (our admin pages).  I think the whole situation is very screwed up and do NOT wish it on anyone.  I have been in this situation before and it sucks friggin behind.  I had a bookie run off with a couple g's and it stung my behind BAD but I didnt blame anyone but myself.  I was the dummy for being too "loose".  I got friendly with this guy instead of keeping it all business.  A LESSON LEARNED.  The point im getting at is COVERS (to my knowledge) at no prior knowledge of this.  I never saw LOU, RIZ or any of the other guys even hint this.  THAT IS 100% FACT.  People who really know me understand how real of a person I am so I have NO reason to lie.  Some people on this site do not like me but everyone knows that im a VERY open person and I do NOT bullshit around and this is NO different.

LOU and RIZZO and COVERS TEAM do alot for you guys.  They are always looking out to see if they can get members "hooked up".. We as linesmen dont even get half the stuff you guys do.  So to ever question the integrity of these "screen names" is horseshit IMO.  The long time members know what Im talking about. 

In closing--  Let up a little fellas and look at the whole picture.  COVERS did not  try and hurt the members who keep this site running.  Why would they ?  Without you guys , we are NOTHING.  Yes BETED payed advertising but without you guys we wouldnt need advertising.  You see what I mean ?  Its not smart "business" to kill away the members who we need in order to keep this place the leading sports wagering website.

I know some may say "its easy for you to say because you didnt lose money" --- YES that is fact but I have been in your shoes before.  It happens in this industry.  I know very few gamblers who have never been bullshitted around.  Im also not trying to downplay the whole BETED thing because I too think its bullshit.  BUT I ask you guys to please understand that COVERS would never hurt any of its members on purpose.

Thanks for listening and im very sorry for any person who is having to go through this.  Gamblers are very smart people so I bet most of you guys will hit the ground running and bust the bookies behind tomorrow...lol

quote
jlyttle send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: SPORTSBETTING.AG |
jlyttle
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 277
Location: Tennessee
#134
Posted: 5/28/2011 12:28:28 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by superbeets:

I have sit back long enough on this issue..

First off--  I'm a straight shooter that doesn't care what any one person thinks about me that includes you guys, covers or anyone for that matter.  BUT what bothers me is the comments about COVERS being behind this whole bullshit situation.  One thing that I can tell you is FACT is that I have NEVER seen anything to hint at the fact of BETED going "down".....and when I say that I refer to stuff that you guys cant see (our admin pages).  I think the whole situation is very screwed up and do NOT wish it on anyone.  I have been in this situation before and it sucks friggin behind.  I had a bookie run off with a couple g's and it stung my behind BAD but I didnt blame anyone but myself.  I was the dummy for being too "loose".  I got friendly with this guy instead of keeping it all business.  A LESSON LEARNED.  The point im getting at is COVERS (to my knowledge) at no prior knowledge of this.  I never saw LOU, RIZ or any of the other guys even hint this.  THAT IS 100% FACT.  People who really know me understand how real of a person I am so I have NO reason to lie.  Some people on this site do not like me but everyone knows that im a VERY open person and I do NOT bullshit around and this is NO different.

LOU and RIZZO and COVERS TEAM do alot for you guys.  They are always looking out to see if they can get members "hooked up".. We as linesmen dont even get half the stuff you guys do.  So to ever question the integrity of these "screen names" is horseshit IMO.  The long time members know what Im talking about. 

In closing--  Let up a little fellas and look at the whole picture.  COVERS did not  try and hurt the members who keep this site running.  Why would they ?  Without you guys , we are NOTHING.  Yes BETED payed advertising but without you guys we wouldnt need advertising.  You see what I mean ?  Its not smart "business" to kill away the members who we need in order to keep this place the leading sports wagering website.

I know some may say "its easy for you to say because you didnt lose money" --- YES that is fact but I have been in your shoes before.  It happens in this industry.  I know very few gamblers who have never been bullshitted around.  Im also not trying to downplay the whole BETED thing because I too think its bullshit.  BUT I ask you guys to please understand that COVERS would never hurt any of its members on purpose.

Thanks for listening and im very sorry for any person who is having to go through this.  Gamblers are very smart people so I bet most of you guys will hit the ground running and bust the bookies behind tomorrow...lol


A++ post....anyone who thinks otherwise if an idiot
quote
MRSARATOGA
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: MGM Grand |
MRSARATOGA
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 14143
Location: Massachusetts
#135
Posted: 5/28/2011 1:00:38 AM

Good Post.......recommending sportsbooks is a tricky situation because anything really can happen. I think that the hyerarchy needs to revisit the "recommendation" approach.  Saying stuff like "you don't have to worry about so and so, they pay" is really untrue.  They may pay but if they get squeezed by the feds they ain't payin! And that is no fault of Covers.

quote
LRM704 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
LRM704
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 9980
Location: New York
#136
Posted: 5/28/2011 1:02:44 AM

Thanks Superbeets,   You said it better than I ever did. 

 

and this one is for the entire Covers website 

quote
LVTruck
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: WilliamHill.com |
LVTruck
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 17948
Location: Nevada
#137
Posted: 5/28/2011 1:18:00 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by superbeets:

I have sit back long enough on this issue..

First off--  I'm a straight shooter that doesn't care what any one person thinks about me that includes you guys, covers or anyone for that matter.  BUT what bothers me is the comments about COVERS being behind this whole bullshit situation.  One thing that I can tell you is FACT is that I have NEVER seen anything to hint at the fact of BETED going "down".....and when I say that I refer to stuff that you guys cant see (our admin pages).  I think the whole situation is very screwed up and do NOT wish it on anyone.  I have been in this situation before and it sucks friggin behind.  I had a bookie run off with a couple g's and it stung my behind BAD but I didnt blame anyone but myself.  I was the dummy for being too "loose".  I got friendly with this guy instead of keeping it all business.  A LESSON LEARNED.  The point im getting at is COVERS (to my knowledge) at no prior knowledge of this.  I never saw LOU, RIZ or any of the other guys even hint this.  THAT IS 100% FACT.  People who really know me understand how real of a person I am so I have NO reason to lie.  Some people on this site do not like me but everyone knows that im a VERY open person and I do NOT bullshit around and this is NO different.

LOU and RIZZO and COVERS TEAM do alot for you guys.  They are always looking out to see if they can get members "hooked up".. We as linesmen dont even get half the stuff you guys do.  So to ever question the integrity of these "screen names" is horseshit IMO.  The long time members know what Im talking about. 

In closing--  Let up a little fellas and look at the whole picture.  COVERS did not  try and hurt the members who keep this site running.  Why would they ?  Without you guys , we are NOTHING.  Yes BETED payed advertising but without you guys we wouldnt need advertising.  You see what I mean ?  Its not smart "business" to kill away the members who we need in order to keep this place the leading sports wagering website.

I know some may say "its easy for you to say because you didnt lose money" --- YES that is fact but I have been in your shoes before.  It happens in this industry.  I know very few gamblers who have never been bullshitted around.  Im also not trying to downplay the whole BETED thing because I too think its bullshit.  BUT I ask you guys to please understand that COVERS would never hurt any of its members on purpose.

Thanks for listening and im very sorry for any person who is having to go through this.  Gamblers are very smart people so I bet most of you guys will hit the ground running and bust the bookies behind tomorrow...lol

That all I was trying to say but English is my second Language DR PHIL.
quote
LVTruck
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: WilliamHill.com |
LVTruck
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 17948
Location: Nevada
#138
Posted: 5/28/2011 1:29:35 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by The Giant:

You're not allowed to speak anything other than English on Covers.com.

You may want to apologize before you end up getting boxed.


BTW joey talking garbage about covers will get you boxed 


quote
dawsonfong send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
dawsonfong
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 7
Location:
#139
Posted: 5/28/2011 1:30:15 AM
Thank you covers. Now I have a tiny bit of chance to get my money back. I have a little over 2 grands in my account, I have been wondering who I should ask to get my money back, and now here you are. Thanks, and I sure hope that you can help us with our money. Please let me know if you need any information about my account.

On a side note, now that betED has gone, any recommendation on which book to use for online gambling?

Appreciate it!
quote
SnotBoogy send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
SnotBoogy
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1458
Location:
#140
Posted: 5/28/2011 1:30:18 AM
I get that we don't have reason to be irate at covers. but they still pimped a book (as numero uno) that obviously practiced somewhat shaky business practices, and ran away without even contacting their customers. 

That's a fact.
quote
kazuc send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
kazuc
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1
Location:
#141
Posted: 5/28/2011 9:01:19 AM
I appreciate Covers doing all they can to get players money back. Maybe they can work something out to get another site to take on player balances with a rollover. It's happened before in similar situations, and I'm hopeful it will happen again.

At the same time, I don't think Covers or anyone can blame this situation 100% on the US government. No betting site should have all of the players funds in US bank accounts that the US government can just take, no matter what their size. Player funds should be kept in separate accounts, with just enough in play at one time for payouts, which should be nowhere near 100% of all costs. Even in this case, I have a hard time believing BetEd lost every dime to their name, and had no European customers, or no money saved for Moneybrooker or Neteller payments, or any profits stashed away somewhere else. Could a lot of their money been taken away? Sure. But all of it? I'm skeptical. And if that in fact was the case, Covers had absolutely no business recommending them as their top shop. Going forward I hope Covers not only makes good on their promise, but also re-evaluates how they recommend sites. If I were running a site like this one, one of my absolutely top evaluating criteria would be that that book had segregated accounts, so that player funds are not at risk. And if the book is too small to afford that? They should never be top-ranked in the first place.
quote
nostradamus12 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
nostradamus12
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 8589
Location: Virginia
#142
Posted: 5/28/2011 9:36:02 AM

there's only one independent sportsbook review site, i guess based on other posts we're not supposed to mention (not sure why) although most vets probably aware of it, other new to business could try google...covers or any company recommending advertisers products is not independent, several of us made posts a couple years ago that the top 10 recommended list was not close to accurate vs independent review, believe BetEd was C+ even before last week, honestly had never heard of them before advertising, have a feeling the owners have access to majority of the funds to give back to players and went into hiding, even so smart solid books keep their (and players) money in many inaccessible accounts and smallest possible with payment processors so would only take a small hit (and no hit for players)

About the equivalent of the government war on drugs chopping down 25 cannabis plants in the Kentucky backwoods, offshore is anotherr war the incompetent governement will never win and going broke (already there) wasting money on things like this

quote
Hawkbet
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetUS.com |
Hawkbet
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 52
Location: California
#143
Posted: 5/28/2011 7:05:07 PM
Why's everyone so pissed at covers and beted?  It's a shame we can't bet with are own hard earned money that most have already paid taxes on and these mf's still want a piece of any winnings.  Although most of us degenerates have been in the red most of our lives.  Just legalize online gambling and  let us have are moment of entertainment you govt. people.
quote
unclebruce send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
unclebruce
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 2043
Location: Iowa
#144
Posted: 5/30/2011 6:00:11 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Hawkbet:

Why's everyone so pissed at covers and beted?  It's a shame we can't bet with are own hard earned money that most have already paid taxes on and these mf's still want a piece of any winnings.  Although most of us degenerates have been in the red most of our lives.  Just legalize online gambling and  let us have are moment of entertainment you govt. people.
 
quote
Lou send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sports Interaction |
Lou
Participation Meter
Covers Referee
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 4487
Location: Canada
#145
Posted: 5/30/2011 9:05:54 AM
nostra,
You are correct in your theory that accepting advertising and making recommendations is a conflict of interest.

That's why you are wrong when you suggest that there actually is ANY site out there that is unbiased.

I know which site you are talking about, and trust me they are as wrapped up in advertising dollars as Covers has been. They just do it a bit differently and not as openly.
quote
tlml1899 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: betED.com |
tlml1899
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1590
Location:
#146
Posted: 5/30/2011 12:09:10 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Lou:

nostra,
You are correct in your theory that accepting advertising and making recommendations is a conflict of interest.

 

 

Then why does covers.com continue to do it?

quote
Lippsman
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 70911
Location: Zimbabwe
#147
Posted: 5/30/2011 1:42:27 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by nostradamus12:

there's only one independent sportsbook review site, i guess based on other posts we're not supposed to mention (not sure why) although most vets probably aware of it, other new to business could try google...covers or any company recommending advertisers products is not independent, several of us made posts a couple years ago that the top 10 recommended list was not close to accurate vs independent review, believe BetEd was C+ even before last week, honestly had never heard of them before advertising, have a feeling the owners have access to majority of the funds to give back to players and went into hiding, even so smart solid books keep their (and players) money in many inaccessible accounts and smallest possible with payment processors so would only take a small hit (and no hit for players)

About the equivalent of the government war on drugs chopping down 25 cannabis plants in the Kentucky backwoods, offshore is anotherr war the incompetent governement will never win and going broke (already there) wasting money on things like this

The site you are talking about accepts advertising dollars from books also. So since you posted about this certain site, how in the world can they have Bodog an A book ???

Is there any way you can explain that ?  Anyway at all ?

Doesn't that make you think just a bit ?

Now Lou will tell you that in no way am I a rubber stamp for this site. Lou and I have had our rounds about certain books a few times. Some I ended up saying I told you so and some he ended up saying..see they were not as bad as you said they were.

I can tell you 100% that Freedom and Lou had no idea what was going to happen.  They were in the dark like everyone else. We don't know all the details yet and probably won't until some deals are cut or something goes to trial.

Websites like this do take advertising dollars from books..all websites like this takes advertising dollars.  If they didn't they would be out of business. And yes, you could look at it from a standpoint of a conflict of interest.  But when the U.S. goverment gets into the pot there really isn't a damn thing you can do.  BetEd was very solid from a money standpoint.  The thing that dinged them rating wise on other websites was sometimes they seemed to have a number of customer disputes. Not horrible, but more than your higher rated books.

Lou has exposed a number of problems in the industry in years past and I'm pretty sure there will be some sweeping changes he address very soon.

quote
Lou send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sports Interaction |
Lou
Participation Meter
Covers Referee
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 4487
Location: Canada
#148
Posted: 5/30/2011 1:51:53 PM
Thank Lipps. You said it all.

I'm locking this now so people can go to the RANT thread and we can keep things organized.
quote
Forum Index : Gaming Industry - US : Messages Page 6 of 6 «  2 3 4 5 6  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.