Messages

Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: Let's start a "THE FIX IS IN SPREAD" with articles and videos
Michfan15 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Michfan15
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 9777
Location: Netherlands
              Antilles
#26
Posted: 5/24/2012 2:41:39 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mainmanmainman2:

there were some denver home games last year after they traded mello that were super sketchy.

that had nothing to do with the refs.  that team was well built and had great pieces w/o carmelo.  being in denver severely hindered the potential of that team and they played 100x better ball without melo's selfishness.  To say that refs had any role in those home games after melo was traded is extremely ignorant and absurd.
quote
Michfan15 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Michfan15
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 9777
Location: Netherlands
              Antilles
#27
Posted: 5/24/2012 2:43:43 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by UNDERD0GG:

interesting stuff...good post


not really interesting- he mentioned like 7 instances.  out of every sports match in every league thats ever been played, documented, or wagered on in the last 15 -20 years.  whats that %  work out to?  pretty damn low
quote
Skubishack send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Skubishack
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 14624
Location: Antarctica
#28
Posted: 5/24/2012 9:37:11 AM

A few seasons back... The last time the GSWarriors made the NBA Playoffs, they beat Dallas in the 1st round... but prior to that they were in a fight to the death for the last playoff spot and had won several games in a row... coming off a hugh win and having several days rest they faced Sacramento on the road and Byron Davis is nailing everything in pregame warmups... So I put a dime on the GSW to win... Teams go back into the locker room and I'm watching the GSW's pregame show on TV... everything is normal. Then the GSW come out for the game and Davis is missing... Nothing from announcers. They make NO Mention of his absence until just before tip off... and all they say is that they have no idea why he's not out there. Game tips off and Davis comes out in regular clothes and sits on the bench... WTF...??? MANY minutes later they announcers say that he's not injured... but that the head coach decided at the last minute to sit him for the game. That was the last time it was discussed during and after the game. It was never brought up again in the media... nothing.

"Coaches Decision".

The Warriors got crushed without Davis (in the middle of a hot playoff race for the LAST SPOT).

I have never bet a dime on a NBA game since then.

quote
Skubishack send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Skubishack
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 14624
Location: Antarctica
#29
Posted: 5/24/2012 9:38:45 AM
Might have been Utah... can't remember if it was Utah or SAC but it was one of those.
quote
Skubishack send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Skubishack
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 14624
Location: Antarctica
#30
Posted: 5/24/2012 10:01:23 AM

http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nba/results/2006-2007/boxscore741558.html

This is the game... during the 06-07 season... Only loss in a 7 game streak... 3 wins before... 3 wins after this game.

Unexpected and for NO Explained reason other than "Coaches decision"... Let's sit Davis and throw this one...

quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5863
Location: Nevada
#31
Posted: 5/24/2012 11:28:42 AM
Arizona State basketball from the early or mid 90's. I think there is a good SI article on it like ten years after the fact. Couple guys went to prison for a while if I remember right.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
EazyFBaby send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3054
Location: United States
#32
Posted: 5/24/2012 11:37:36 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Michfan15:



not really interesting- he mentioned like 7 instances.  out of every sports match in every league thats ever been played, documented, or wagered on in the last 15 -20 years.  whats that %  work out to?  pretty damn low


This is just my knowledge, I'm sure there are plenty of more people who can add to this list
quote
EazyFBaby send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3054
Location: United States
#33
Posted: 5/24/2012 11:38:08 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Skubishack:

A few seasons back... The last time the GSWarriors made the NBA Playoffs, they beat Dallas in the 1st round... but prior to that they were in a fight to the death for the last playoff spot and had won several games in a row... coming off a hugh win and having several days rest they faced Sacramento on the road and Byron Davis is nailing everything in pregame warmups... So I put a dime on the GSW to win... Teams go back into the locker room and I'm watching the GSW's pregame show on TV... everything is normal. Then the GSW come out for the game and Davis is missing... Nothing from announcers. They make NO Mention of his absence until just before tip off... and all they say is that they have no idea why he's not out there. Game tips off and Davis comes out in regular clothes and sits on the bench... WTF...??? MANY minutes later they announcers say that he's not injured... but that the head coach decided at the last minute to sit him for the game. That was the last time it was discussed during and after the game. It was never brought up again in the media... nothing.

"Coaches Decision".

The Warriors got crushed without Davis (in the middle of a hot playoff race for the LAST SPOT).

I have never bet a dime on a NBA game since then.



NBA is just a pure scam, probably too many people on GS
quote
EazyFBaby send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3054
Location: United States
#34
Posted: 5/24/2012 11:44:12 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ktrain:

Arizona State basketball from the early or mid 90's. I think there is a good SI article on it like ten years after the fact. Couple guys went to prison for a while if I remember right.


Good stuff

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/college/news/1999/06/21/pointshaving_scandal/
quote
EazyFBaby send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3054
Location: United States
#35
Posted: 5/24/2012 11:46:16 AM
1994 Northwestern Point Shaving

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/03/27/sports/college-basketball-ex-northwestern-players-charged-in-point-shaving.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm
quote
EazyFBaby send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3054
Location: United States
#36
Posted: 5/24/2012 11:48:36 AM
Boston College Basketball 1978 Point Shaving

http://www.makingthenut.com/content/punting-profiles-boston-college-point-shaving-scandal
quote
EazyFBaby send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3054
Location: United States
#37
Posted: 5/24/2012 11:53:24 AM
1951 Basketball Point Shaving, 7 Schools involved


http://espn.go.com/classic/s/basketball_scandals_explosion.html
quote
EazyFBaby send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3054
Location: United States
#38
Posted: 5/24/2012 11:57:11 AM
1981 Tulane Point shaving

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1119312/index.htm
quote
EazyFBaby send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3054
Location: United States
#39
Posted: 5/24/2012 12:09:15 PM
Lakers vs Thunder May 18th 2012

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=320518013


Just a pure observer of this game... noticed in the second quarter that something just wasn't right even when the Lakers were losing... If anyone was watching this game and can vouch please do so.
 Attempted FT's 42-28 in favor of Lakers, 18 of those attempted in the 4th , 17 of the 30 points scored at the line
quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5863
Location: Nevada
#40
Posted: 5/24/2012 12:19:24 PM
Did anyone ever research Art Schleister's games at OSU? Dude was, and probably still is, a degenerate. I don't know if anyone ever researched his games at Ohio St to see if he potentially shaved points there. Same could be said about Pete Rose and if he we bet against his Reds.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5863
Location: Nevada
#41
Posted: 5/24/2012 12:24:00 PM
I don't think gambling affected this one but there seemed like a discrepancy in foul calls in this game. I believe it was the 2007 ECF Cavs vs Pistons game 6 when Lebron scored something like 28 or 29 straight for the Cavs. It seemed like a lot of those came from the charity stripe if I remember right. I do believe that every single time Lebron drive the lane that 4th qtr he drew the foul, some of them clearly not being foul calls. Yes I am a bitter Pistons fan about that one. I have been cheering against Lebron ever since.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
EazyFBaby send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3054
Location: United States
#42
Posted: 5/28/2012 7:40:29 PM
More Italian Soccer fixing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2150943/Italy-match-fixing-scandal-19-investigated-including-Antonio-Conte.html
quote
Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.