Messages

Forum Index : Las Vegas : Messages Page 4 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
Author: [Las Vegas] Topic: Cheapest Days to Visit Vegas?
buckturgidson send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
buckturgidson
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 41
Location: Nevada
#76
Posted: 3/27/2012 8:50:59 AM
Vegas blows , you should fly into Reno and go to a hotel/casino in South Lake Tahoe .
quote
ad1260 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ad1260
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 7612
Location: Texas
#77
Posted: 3/27/2012 11:22:14 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by buckturgidson:

Vegas blows , you should fly into Reno and go to a hotel/casino in South Lake Tahoe .

I have been to Reno and Lake Tahoe...never gambled in Lake Tahoe. But when I was in Reno I stayed at the Peppermill.  Pretty nice place, but poker room kinda sucked IMO. 
quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5862
Location: Nevada
#78
Posted: 3/27/2012 1:38:41 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ad1260:

Thanks Ktrain, I will look into those.

Dare I ask what you got kicked out of Aria for? 

I was a bit drunk and was kind of asking for it but there is a story behind it and, while I do accept responsibility for my actions, it was helped out by someone else. 

I started out kind of cold that night and took a few beats and made a few bad calls. Just bad play in general. I finally took down a good size pot after an hour or two(I was drinking the whole night and was pretty drunk). When I finally got that pot I screamed "WHOOOOOOO" but not terribly loud. It wasn't like the whole room heard me. 

Well some older gentlemen at another table heard me and called floor on me. I actually watched him point me out and watched floor walk over and tell me to calm down. I said I would and as soon as floor was about 10 feet away from me I did it again. 

I knew I was getting tossed at that point so I looked at the old man(he was probably about 50, I'm 30) and started yelling at him about ratting on me. 

I was drunk and dumb. I deserved to get tossed. No biggie, just a funny story especially since the Aria probably went a bit overboard in having 6 or 7(that isn't an exaggeration either) security guards walk me back to my room. 

All in all it was a fun trip. 
quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5862
Location: Nevada
#79
Posted: 3/27/2012 1:39:02 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by buckturgidson:

Vegas blows , you should fly into Reno and go to a hotel/casino in South Lake Tahoe .

quote
ad1260 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ad1260
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 7612
Location: Texas
#80
Posted: 3/27/2012 2:09:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ktrain:


I was a bit drunk and was kind of asking for it but there is a story behind it and, while I do accept responsibility for my actions, it was helped out by someone else. 

I started out kind of cold that night and took a few beats and made a few bad calls. Just bad play in general. I finally took down a good size pot after an hour or two(I was drinking the whole night and was pretty drunk). When I finally got that pot I screamed "WHOOOOOOO" but not terribly loud. It wasn't like the whole room heard me. 

Well some older gentlemen at another table heard me and called floor on me. I actually watched him point me out and watched floor walk over and tell me to calm down. I said I would and as soon as floor was about 10 feet away from me I did it again. 

I knew I was getting tossed at that point so I looked at the old man(he was probably about 50, I'm 30) and started yelling at him about ratting on me. 

I was drunk and dumb. I deserved to get tossed. No biggie, just a funny story especially since the Aria probably went a bit overboard in having 6 or 7(that isn't an exaggeration either) security guards walk me back to my room. 

All in all it was a fun trip. 

That's pretty funny Ktrain, just remember...it happens to the best of us 
quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5862
Location: Nevada
#81
Posted: 3/27/2012 2:32:16 PM
I also have to add, having that much security walk me back to my room was the only time I have ever had an entourage. I actually kind of felt like a prize fighter walking to the ring. 

In a weird way, it was actually pretty cool. 
quote
buckturgidson send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
buckturgidson
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 41
Location: Nevada
#82
Posted: 3/27/2012 10:04:29 PM
Maybe I'm talking to the wrong crowd since mostly what I do is sportsbet , no table games or machines . I have no interest in Vegas shows or getting gouged at  "celebrity chef" restaurants . Repeat , Vegas blows .
quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5862
Location: Nevada
#83
Posted: 3/27/2012 10:31:04 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by buckturgidson:

Maybe I'm talking to the wrong crowd since mostly what I do is sportsbet , no table games or machines . I have no interest in Vegas shows or getting gouged at  "celebrity chef" restaurants . Repeat , Vegas blows .

I don't know him but I have a feeling the OP is looking more for an experience, not just throwing down a few sports bets. Vegas is a much better all around experience than Reno, imo. I have only been to Reno once(just the Atlantis) and while it's nice, it doesn't hold a candle to what Vegas has to offer. 

Besides, no one says you have to get gouged at celebrity chef restaurants. There are plenty of choices for food, entertainment, gambling, etc. 

Something tells me we probably have an age gap between us. 
quote
ad1260 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ad1260
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 7612
Location: Texas
#84
Posted: 3/28/2012 1:42:45 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ktrain:


I don't know him but I have a feeling the OP is looking more for an experience, not just throwing down a few sports bets. Vegas is a much better all around experience than Reno, imo. I have only been to Reno once(just the Atlantis) and while it's nice, it doesn't hold a candle to what Vegas has to offer. 

Besides, no one says you have to get gouged at celebrity chef restaurants. There are plenty of choices for food, entertainment, gambling, etc. 

Something tells me we probably have an age gap between us. 

Yes, exactly. Like I said before, it would be like a Muslim not visiting Mecca during their lifetime lol  I gotta see what Vegas is all about! 
quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5862
Location: Nevada
#85
Posted: 3/28/2012 2:10:22 AM
Best advice I could give you ad would be to ask anyone and everyone about deals for whatever you are looking to do. Scour the web, ask people on your flight there, ask employees when you are checking in, ask your cabbie on the way to your hotel. Ask, ask, ask. Most people won't be able to do much but you never know when you will hit a deal with someone. 

Plus it's a great way to bull garbage and meet people as well. You never know when someone has a drink coupon they don't want or a show coupon they can't make it too. 
quote
ad1260 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ad1260
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 7612
Location: Texas
#86
Posted: 3/28/2012 2:19:46 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ktrain:

Best advice I could give you ad would be to ask anyone and everyone about deals for whatever you are looking to do. Scour the web, ask people on your flight there, ask employees when you are checking in, ask your cabbie on the way to your hotel. Ask, ask, ask. Most people won't be able to do much but you never know when you will hit a deal with someone. 

Plus it's a great way to bull garbage and meet people as well. You never know when someone has a drink coupon they don't want or a show coupon they can't make it too. 

Yeah for sure, my brother and I basically plan on hitting the poker room and sports book HARD, just dabble in the other forms of gambling. But also, EXPLORE pretty hard as well. As of now we don't plan on seeing any shows or anything like that we are definitely open to the idea if a good deal for a good show presents itself. Ktrain, thanks for all the advice bud 
quote
cougs1987 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
cougs1987
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 392
Location:
#87
Posted: 3/28/2012 3:11:48 AM
Excalibur

Map) Photos Videos Best Rate Guarantee

The Excalibur offers a 100,000-square-foot casino, carnival games, party spot person Last Resort, a recently remodeled pool and much more.

more hotel info

Room Type Sun Mon Tue Wed Avg Nightly Rate
per night, per room
Standard
30% Off Your Stay(details)
$93
$65
$58
$40
$58
$40
$58
$40
$66.07
$46.25
view total price
Widescreen Room
30% Off Your Stay(details)
$122
$85
$86
$60
$86
$60
$86
$60
$94.64
$66.25
view total price
quote
ad1260 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ad1260
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 7612
Location: Texas
#88
Posted: 3/28/2012 3:19:55 AM
cougs, take on a 15 dollar a night resort fee for each of those nights...an extra 60 bucks. horse garbage. 
quote
JayBiz send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Station |
JayBiz
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1396
Location: Nevada
#89
Posted: 3/28/2012 11:01:21 AM
One other thing to look into is poker room rates, basiclly just call the poker room manager and ask what type of deal they can give you. I know the aria for example gave my buddy a 99 rate on a normally 220 room and you have to either play 5-6 hrs or one daily tourney, the daily tourney is 125 so it was basically the difference between the room rates, but if you plan on playIng a lot of poker anyway... Just using aria as example but trop has similar deal where room is almost half price if you log 5 hrs or play a daily
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
JayBiz send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Station |
JayBiz
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1396
Location: Nevada
#90
Posted: 3/28/2012 11:11:00 AM
http://www.allvegaspoker.com/poker_rates.php. Peep this
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
mrsparky send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mrsparky
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 10
Location:
#91
Posted: 3/31/2012 5:44:58 AM
Forget "the strip". I lived in Vegas for 6 years until last year so I have your answer. Stay on Freemont Street (downtown). You can get rooms for cheap and you have access to about 6 different books in a 2 block area. They just remodeled the Plaza last year and I would recommend staying there. The price is right and the rooms are nice. You will find some of the other hotel/casinos down there have rooms that look pretty beat up. Hope this helps. 
quote
HuskerDabu send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Westgate Las Vegas Superbook |
HuskerDabu
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 182
Location:
#92
Posted: 4/1/2012 5:32:08 PM

I always stay @ LVH..formally Las Vegas Hilton...right on the monorail line so you can get anywhere..very nice rooms @ a very cheap price bc its not on the strip..HUGE sportsbook that serve free drinks and not this "drink ticket" bullshit you'll get @ alot of them if anything @ all.  Old time dealers who will tell you some great stories about when Vegas was Vegas and not disneyland. 

The players card comps are second to none..you play there..you stay there, eat there, drink there, see a show there..for free on your second visit..and they comp often (i get quarterly packages for 4 nights free, 150 free chips, 3 free buffetts, gym comps, etc)...its great and the monorail takes you to anywhere on the strip your little heart desires....

i wish you well my friend...my biggest concern about youre thread is this  nickle and diming on this room.  i think you should worry more about how you're going to be able to afford vegas for 4 days instead of the extra 60 dollars you're going back and forth about on rooms...if you go on a bad run...you're done on such a limited budget...if you're smart and don't play like a drunken first time fool when you're out there you'll be able to sustain you're bankroll and this conversation about the 60-100 xtra bucks on the room will be a non-issue

 

quote
ad1260 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ad1260
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 7612
Location: Texas
#93
Posted: 4/1/2012 6:05:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HuskerDabu:

I always stay @ LVH..formally Las Vegas Hilton...right on the monorail line so you can get anywhere..very nice rooms @ a very cheap price bc its not on the strip..HUGE sportsbook that serve free drinks and not this "drink ticket" bullshit you'll get @ alot of them if anything @ all.  Old time dealers who will tell you some great stories about when Vegas was Vegas and not disneyland. 

The players card comps are second to none..you play there..you stay there, eat there, drink there, see a show there..for free on your second visit..and they comp often (i get quarterly packages for 4 nights free, 150 free chips, 3 free buffetts, gym comps, etc)...its great and the monorail takes you to anywhere on the strip your little heart desires....

i wish you well my friend...my biggest concern about youre thread is this  nickle and diming on this room.  i think you should worry more about how you're going to be able to afford vegas for 4 days instead of the extra 60 dollars you're going back and forth about on rooms...if you go on a bad run...you're done on such a limited budget...if you're smart and don't play like a drunken first time fool when you're out there you'll be able to sustain you're bankroll and this conversation about the 60-100 xtra bucks on the room will be a non-issue

 


Thanks for the info my friend. I mean my budget is limited but its not stricken down to a "t". My wanting to save 60-100 bucks on the hotel and what not is a Scottish thing lmao 
quote
Beergut send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Beergut
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 76
Location:
#94
Posted: 4/2/2012 5:56:01 AM
Husker,

How are the craps pits there?
quote
Goggles-Pisano send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Goggles-Pisano
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1741
Location: New Jersey
#95
Posted: 4/2/2012 1:09:37 PM
i don't have time to read this entire thread, if someone else mentioned this my apolgies. I've found the best deal (flight & hotel) in the past during the months you want to travel on Mother's Day weekend. Most people aren't "allowed " to travel during Mother's Day weekend. In additon, less Company Trade Shows and/or Confernces are scheduled at this time for obvious reasons.  This creates more available rooms and airline seats.  Try to be flexible with your arrival and departure dates (thurs - mon) (fri - tues) etc. have fun and gl
quote
HuskerDabu send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Westgate Las Vegas Superbook |
HuskerDabu
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 182
Location:
#96
Posted: 4/2/2012 3:46:42 PM

BG-

I don't play alot of craps when in Vegas bc i seem to drop $$$$ every time i do..just when i get hundreds on the table...oops crap out.  But from playing a few times @ LVH and watching b/c i'm on the blackjack table for days i'd say that craps is just OK @ LVH and i'd attribute that to its not on the strip so unless the hotel is bombarded by convention people (next door to convention center) its not too crowded on the casino floor...again the nice thing is if you want to get somewhere else fast to play craps the monorail station is on the property.  I go there for the sportsbook (i believe its the largest in the world) only one i've ever been to that rivals it is the Stardust and unfortunately they tore down a legend...

Huge sportsbook, free drinks all the time, tvs everywhere and lots of windows open should grab a look from any sports gambler.  OH..and my favorite aspect of all after the games are over....single deck blackjack all over the place!!!! 

quote
toppdawg1973 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
toppdawg1973
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 287
Location: Georgia
#97
Posted: 4/9/2012 11:49:38 PM
Your best bet is to stay home. 
If you are worried about hotel and food bills, your're already beat.

Play checkers instead. I think you would have a better chance to Win.
quote
ad1260 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ad1260
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 7612
Location: Texas
#98
Posted: 4/9/2012 11:56:23 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by toppdawg1973:

Your best bet is to stay home. 
If you are worried about hotel and food bills, your're already beat.

Play checkers instead. I think you would have a better chance to Win.

I am amazed at the number of people that think searching for value/deals is such a horrendous idea. 

I guess I am just a fish amongst many of the whales in this thread 
quote
Tahoeplayer send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sportsbook.ag |
Tahoeplayer
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 266
Location: Nevada
#99
Posted: 4/10/2012 10:31:53 PM
hey ad...live in vegas now and for the money 59 a night stay at the Comfort Inn across from the hardrock....nice clean rooms 5 minutes to strip.  You can cook in the rooms they have a freg and some times you can get a free night stay 3 and get the fourth.
 
good luck
quote
Tahoeplayer send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sportsbook.ag |
Tahoeplayer
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 266
Location: Nevada
#100
Posted: 4/10/2012 10:34:08 PM
also I like mr sparky feedback too....gl
quote
Forum Index : Las Vegas : Messages Page 4 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.