Posted: 9/12/2012 3:28:51 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by gridironguy:
Over 58% of the time, my posted wagers win, go look up all of my posts,
so i got one wrong, big deal. Lakers got lucky and you know it.
D-Howard's top choice was Brooklyn, not the Lakers. he will not be stupid and OPT IN again this yr, he will wait and see what happens.
1) he does not wana be the 3rd option behind kobe and pau
2) he does not wana follow shaq's footsteps
3) he wants to play in Brooklyn or Dallas
we'll talk next year when your Lakers DO NOT win a title AND they lose D-12
I was 50/50 on Dwight coming to LA. I'm just glad the Dwightmare is over. Had he not come to LA, I would've been fine with Bynum.
1) There is no clear-cut no.2 option now. Behind Kobe, you have Nash deciding who gets the ball and I'm confident he'll find a way to keep both Howard and Pau happy with their touches.
2) Yea, everyone knows he dosn't want to follow Shaq's footsteps, but if you wanna think that way, Shaq followed Kareem's and Kareem followed Wilt's. I'm pretty sure Dwight knows hes just the latest future HOFamer in LA.
3) Yea, everyone knows he wanted to go to Brooklyn. Nobody knows why. He would still have been no.2 behind Deron. But only way Jay-Z gets Howard is if they find a way to flip Brook Lopez for him. Either that or Dwight signs for the minimum.
I like the Lakers' chances of resigning Dwight.