Posted: 10/9/2012 9:39:56 AM
Last Week 4-2
Best Bets: 6-0
Had a great weekend while hitting another "Best Bet" and my Game of the Year. I also played South Carolina, but didn't post it, so I won't add that to my record. Hopefully we can keep it going this week. The lines are starting to get tight and it will definitely be tougher from here on out to cap.
- I like Louisville coming off the bye week here. Pitt only mustered 27 rushing yards against Syracuse. Lville has a great secondary and will shut down the Pitt passing attack. And then there is the charlie strong factor....he is a way better coach than Pitt's and will have his guys prepared coming off a bye week.
- Don't over think it. Bama will show you why that Mizzou is not as big as some think. I realize most will say this is a classic sandwich game, but I think Muschamp has these guys playing with a different mentality. And you can bet if they come out flat in the 1H, that Muschamp will adjust in the 2H like he has all year long. To much talent on the field for Florida.
- They burnt me last week, but I think Chizik has his team come out with a little more fight this week. Ole Miss is coming off a heartbreaking loss to A&M. A game in which A&M had 6 turnovers and still lost. I think that type of loss can send this Ole Miss team in a downward spiral for the rest of the season. With that being said, Auburn has got to take care of the football. If they don't turn it over, they win!
- Bama off a bye week....enough said. Roll Tide.
Notre Dame -8.5
- I must say I am really impressed with ND's defense this year, especially that animal they have on the defensive line! He is an absolute monster. Stanford has not impressed me at all this year and this will be their first true test against a really good defense. I will take the Irish in this one.
Miss State -3
- I'm going to this game and it should be a lot of fun. One of the best passing attacks in the SEC vs. one of the best secondaries in the SEC. Starkville will be rocking with the late kickoff and I know MSU was already looking ahead last weekend to this game. The players are all very pumped and you definitely feel good knowing you will get their best effort in this game. Bray has yet to win a big time game in his career at Tenn. In his last 2 seasons, he has lost every road SEC game he has played and thrown 7 picks in those contests, while only completing 50% of his passes. He beats up on the lesser opponents but really struggles against quality competition. I really baffles me as to how people think he is a first rounder. In any event, throwing the ball 45 times on this defense (which ranks 11th nationally) is a recipe for disaster.
South Carolina +3
- This is just too easy. USC is better at every single position on the field, especially on the line of scrimmage where it matters most. Mettenberger is a fraud.
- This line seems really shady to me. I understand this is a trap game with Kstate up next, but TTech look horrible against a real opponent last weekend.
Texas AM -7.5
- If this game was played at the beginning of the season I would have taken LaTech. After watching Manziel play, there is no way that is going to happen. He looks like Cam Newton out there...very impressive. With that being said LaTech is giving up 531 yards on defense and they have not really played anyone yet. AM has the 15th scoring defense in the nation and I think that will be the difference.
Feel free to tell me where I'm wrong or right. I welcome feedback.