Messages

Forum Index : MLB Betting : Messages
Author: [MLB Betting] Topic: I WILL GLADLY BACK DETROIT
IHAVETHESCAR send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
IHAVETHESCAR
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 68
Location: Aruba
#1
Posted: 10/6/2009 3:36:42 AM
This is Great I LOVE IT...All the negative press on Miguel Cabrera beating his wife and being intoxicated between games.  As well as being drunk in between games, and knowing Leyland he wont let this go any further...and interesting line at being only at -153...
I HANDICAPPED THE GAME AT -215...Especially Minnesota at Home...
Remember Colorado's Dream Run that one year, except one thing.

NO ONE STILL BELIEVES IN THE TIGERS...

ALL THIS HYPE BUT REMEMBER...

MINNESOTAS LINEUP COMPARED TO DETROITS IS TRASH...
Especially with MORNEAU OUT...
and MINNESOTA bullpens is horrendous..especially with the falling out with their BEST SETUP MAN Mijares...

Have you not notice how he has been struggling as of late with the confrontation with Delmon SUCK Young...
Who is Delmon Young trying to be...he is a nobody, and MIJARES is alot more important to the team than young...

anyone care to take a bet delmon young 1.5 hits below -150 above +120

MUAHAH The humor in that....

Now that Delmon young has f"ed with the young mijares psyche he wont be able to take the pressure at the metrodome...

Give me  7 UNITS DETROIT TIGERS
KNOCKEM OUT
GOOD LUCK TO ALL
quote
Orangemen44
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Orangemen44
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 33516
Location: New York
#2
Posted: 10/6/2009 6:38:29 AM
BOL
quote
cubd80 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cubd80
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2436
Location: United States
#3
Posted: 10/6/2009 7:45:36 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by IHAVETHESCAR:

This is Great I LOVE IT...All the negative press on Miguel Cabrera beating his wife and being intoxicated between games.  As well as being drunk in between games, and knowing Leyland he wont let this go any further...and interesting line at being only at -153...
I HANDICAPPED THE GAME AT -215...Especially Minnesota at Home...
Remember Colorado's Dream Run that one year, except one thing.

NO ONE STILL BELIEVES IN THE TIGERS...

ALL THIS HYPE BUT REMEMBER...

MINNESOTAS LINEUP COMPARED TO DETROITS IS TRASH...
Especially with MORNEAU OUT...
and MINNESOTA bullpens is horrendous..especially with the falling out with their BEST SETUP MAN Mijares...

Have you not notice how he has been struggling as of late with the confrontation with Delmon SUCK Young...
Who is Delmon Young trying to be...he is a nobody, and MIJARES is alot more important to the team than young...

anyone care to take a bet delmon young 1.5 hits below -150 above +120

MUAHAH The humor in that....

Now that Delmon young has f"ed with the young mijares psyche he wont be able to take the pressure at the metrodome...

Give me  7 UNITS DETROIT TIGERS
KNOCKEM OUT
GOOD LUCK TO ALL

I love it, let's rally behind the guy who beats up his wife!!!!

Good Luck today!

quote
vpnyc1 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
vpnyc1
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1154
Location: New York
#4
Posted: 10/6/2009 8:17:41 AM
I HANDICAPPED THE GAME AT -215...Especially Minnesota at Home...

 

With Scott Baker on the mound??  It will not be easy but I think you have to go with the hot team and that would be Minnesota right. Doesn't matter though because next opponent gets swept by the Yanks.

 

 


 
quote
probable send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
probable
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 316
Location:
#5
Posted: 10/6/2009 8:23:37 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by vpnyc1:

I HANDICAPPED THE GAME AT -215...Especially Minnesota at Home...

 

With Scott Baker on the mound??  It will not be easy but I think you have to go with the hot team and that would be Minnesota right. Doesn't matter though because next opponent gets swept by the Yanks.

 

 


 

be careful the yanks r by far the best team in the playoffs but historically the hottest team makes a huge run and that would be the twins if they get in (17 of 21)...plus a rod will go 1-15 with 1 hr and 1 rbi prob at least 10 rlob

quote
jesron1269 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jesron1269
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 18641
Location: South Dakota
#6
Posted: 10/6/2009 9:12:37 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by IHAVETHESCAR:

This is Great I LOVE IT...All the negative press on Miguel Cabrera beating his wife and being intoxicated between games.  As well as being drunk in between games, and knowing Leyland he wont let this go any further...and interesting line at being only at -153...
I HANDICAPPED THE GAME AT -215...Especially Minnesota at Home...
Remember Colorado's Dream Run that one year, except one thing.

NO ONE STILL BELIEVES IN THE TIGERS...

ALL THIS HYPE BUT REMEMBER...

MINNESOTAS LINEUP COMPARED TO DETROITS IS TRASH...
Especially with MORNEAU OUT...
and MINNESOTA bullpens is horrendous..especially with the falling out with their BEST SETUP MAN Mijares...

Have you not notice how he has been struggling as of late with the confrontation with Delmon SUCK Young...
Who is Delmon Young trying to be...he is a nobody, and MIJARES is alot more important to the team than young...

anyone care to take a bet delmon young 1.5 hits below -150 above +120

MUAHAH The humor in that....

Now that Delmon young has f"ed with the young mijares psyche he wont be able to take the pressure at the metrodome...

Give me  7 UNITS DETROIT TIGERS
KNOCKEM OUT
GOOD LUCK TO ALL

You are an idiot to use this as a reason.  There are so many good reasons to back DET but this is plain lunacy!  MIN has four people with 90+ RBIs and 3 of those are at or near 30 homers (that is without Morneau too).  MIN is equal to or perhaps their core is better than DET here.

MIN went on their run without Moreanu... he was so unclutch this season it is unreal!  Keep thinking that way!

quote
LazyBoyFanE
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
LazyBoyFanE
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 4092
Location: Michigan
#7
Posted: 10/6/2009 9:59:47 AM
   DETROIT!!!!
quote
IHAVETHESCAR send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
IHAVETHESCAR
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 68
Location: Aruba
#8
Posted: 10/6/2009 10:36:59 AM
Thanks Everybody... GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS AS WELL

And to Jesron....LUNACY is trying to predict a outcome to a sports event where you may be on the right side yet still lose because anything can happen in a sports game where the outcome can be manipulated so easily if you think about it.

How is it that Minnesotas core is better than Detroit...This is a fallacy if you think that fallacy. just because the tigers are slumping right now does not mean minnesota is better...

Who besides Mauer has been very HOT on the team...

the bottom half of the twins are atrocious...

and please i would take Morneau on my team any day...how can you hit.300 being unclutch...

also look what teams minnesota faced during their run...

If you watched the kansas city minnesota series ...
it wasnt like they easily blew them out...their bullpen was struggling mightily...now i am not saying that the detroit bullpen is that much better....
BUT detroits core is def better...are you kidding me
leading off granderson
2nd spot polanco
cleanup cabrera
ordonez
guillen

and only A TRUE IDIOT bets sports to try to win money...
betting on other peoples action where your hard earned money rest on anothers players action. By them catching a ball not catching a ball determines your fate.

Then I guess I am guilty of being an idiot... but that would mean that you are not that far off either..

quote
JackSmack send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
JackSmack
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 11825
Location: South Carolina
#9
Posted: 10/6/2009 10:47:57 AM
Man wish u set line in MLB if you  "Handicapped" this game at 215
quote
XxXBrendoXxX send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
XxXBrendoXxX
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1824
Location: Massachusetts
#10
Posted: 10/6/2009 11:08:10 AM
So your saying the likes of Adam Everett, Ramon Santiago, Carlos Guillen or Mr. .220 BA Aubrey Huff make up a "better" lineup?
quote
jesron1269 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jesron1269
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 18641
Location: South Dakota
#11
Posted: 10/6/2009 11:08:47 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by IHAVETHESCAR:

Thanks Everybody... GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS AS WELL

And to Jesron....LUNACY is trying to predict a outcome to a sports event where you may be on the right side yet still lose because anything can happen in a sports game where the outcome can be manipulated so easily if you think about it.

How is it that Minnesotas core is better than Detroit...This is a fallacy if you think that fallacy. just because the tigers are slumping right now does not mean minnesota is better...

Who besides Mauer has been very HOT on the team...

the bottom half of the twins are atrocious...

and please i would take Morneau on my team any day...how can you hit.300 being unclutch...

also look what teams minnesota faced during their run...

If you watched the kansas city minnesota series ...
it wasnt like they easily blew them out...their bullpen was struggling mightily...now i am not saying that the detroit bullpen is that much better....
BUT detroits core is def better...are you kidding me
leading off granderson
2nd spot polanco
cleanup cabrera
ordonez
guillen

and only A TRUE IDIOT bets sports to try to win money...
betting on other peoples action where your hard earned money rest on anothers players action. By them catching a ball not catching a ball determines your fate.

Then I guess I am guilty of being an idiot... but that would mean that you are not that far off either..



Dude do you even know anything about either of these teams?  Who besides Mauer has been hot for Minnesota?  Really???

Well lets start with the fact that Mauer hasn't been hot but has been ice cold.  Then lets talk about the fact that Michael Cuddyier (I know misspelled), Denard Span, Jason Kubal, Denard Span, Delmon Young and Nick Punto have been beyond hot.

For the record is the likely starting lineup (I might have the players in the correct order):

Player            AVE  HR  RBI  RUN

Granderson .248  30   71    90
Polanco        .286  10   78    82
Ordonez        .303  8     48    50
Cabrera        .323  33  101   95
Inge               .230  27   83    71
Gullien          .245  11   41    36
Huff                .241 15    85   59
Everett          .238    3    44    43
Laird             .229   4     33    49

Span            .312    8    68    97
Cabrera       .285   8    75     82
Mauer           .364  28   96    94
Cuddyer      .276   32   94    92
Kubel           .300   27   102  72
Young          .285   12   60    50
Harris           .262   6     37   44
Morales       .316    0      7     14
Punto            .228   1     38    55

You also realize that MIN did score more runs than DET this year right?  So looking at the above lineup which one looks more balanced and formitable?  DET has two people hitting above 300 and only one other remotely close to that.  MIN has 4 hitting above .300 (including the batting champ and 8 place finisher) and three others close to .300.  You have one person hit over 100 RBIs  and MIN has 1 too but MIN has two others very close.

So again how is this MIN offense crap compared to DET?  DET could win this game yes as anything can happen in baseball.  But if you are going to take the time to actually post a message in a gambling thread about why you are betting with a certain team then either take the time to give REAL REASONS and not MADE UP ONES or at least tell people hey I am a homer and betting with my team.  I would have more respect for you then homer simpson!
quote
phancard
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
phancard
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 3549
Location: California
#12
Posted: 10/6/2009 11:10:00 AM
Detroit is slumping , Twins is playing great. Don't know what you are seeing. Twins win easy.
quote
SashimiKid
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SashimiKid
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1750
Location: Mississippi
#13
Posted: 10/6/2009 11:17:00 AM
HMMM
Detroit is 11-15 last 26
MINN is 16-4 last 20
A one and done in the dome, this is difficult
TWINS
quote
Crockie send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
Crockie
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 8764
Location: Germany
#14
Posted: 10/6/2009 11:35:39 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by phancard:

Detroit is slumping , Twins is playing great. Don't know what you are seeing. Twins win easy.


Agree I can't believe how people can bet on the Detroit ML It's Minnesota ML or Detroit RL and no other play for me. I'm wondering if the people noticed the games the last weeks...
quote
jesron1269 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jesron1269
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 18641
Location: South Dakota
#15
Posted: 10/6/2009 11:38:56 AM
To add to my point... MIN's trash lineup scored 78 more runs that DET's lineup.    Again stop posting garbage.  If you have a point make it but back it up with real fact and not your homer biased opinions.
quote
IHAVETHESCAR send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
IHAVETHESCAR
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 68
Location: Aruba
#16
Posted: 10/6/2009 11:51:28 AM
STATS DO NOT MEAN SQUAT WHEN IT COMES TO CRUNCH TIME...

It is about who has higher quality players...
And watching these players and following these teams for awhile and I can see that Detroits lineup is clearly stronger...
Despite the fact that they are slumping...

its like saying d-wade is the top scorer in the league, because he scores X amount of points and leads the leagues...Does that make him better than Kobe Bryant? ABSOLUTELY NOT...

If you look at stats as your basis than you are no handicapper.
because as a handicapper you should know that every series is different and every series their stats are different...

stats dont mean diddly...but that is just my opinion...

I am talking about the quality of the lineup, not STATS wise..

I guess if you put it like that than on paper minnesota is better with all the stats...

BUT ALL THAT DOES NOT MATTER ONE A ONE GAME PLAY-OFF..

IT IS ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE PLAYERS During Crucial Moments...

SO I GUESS since the Minnesotas lineup is so rock solid then you will be pounding Minnesota with no worry in the world.
BECAUSE THE STATS SAY MINNESOTA IS THE BETTER LINEUP...

you say anything can happen in baseball, BUT should you not feel extremely comfortable than because the STATS say that Minnesota has the better lineup on paper...?

quote
IHAVETHESCAR send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
IHAVETHESCAR
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 68
Location: Aruba
#17
Posted: 10/6/2009 11:54:34 AM
and yes Detroit is slumping...

BUT that does not mean the quality of players Minnesota is better..

By far Detroits lineup is at a higher quality than Minnesotas...

SLUMPING YES
QUALITY OF PLAYERS MUCH BETTER
quote
IHAVETHESCAR send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
IHAVETHESCAR
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 68
Location: Aruba
#18
Posted: 10/6/2009 12:01:28 PM
and if you want to talk stats...
The Dodgers, the Toronto Bluejays, and Orioles
ALL GOT MORE HITS THAN the Boston Red sox..the entire season.
does that mean their offense is better than the RED SOX ?
LOL
ABSOLUTELY NOT!
WHY?
Because you gotta look at the quality of the players...
But if a stats man like you must think that just because the Dodgers got more hits than the Red Sox that must mean they are a better team...
Sorry Buddy Not the case


quote
IHAVETHESCAR send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
IHAVETHESCAR
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 68
Location: Aruba
#19
Posted: 10/6/2009 12:04:50 PM

or not even better team but a better offense...

quote
jesron1269 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jesron1269
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 18641
Location: South Dakota
#20
Posted: 10/6/2009 12:09:52 PM
Wow... I really don't even know where to start with this.  First you say that DET will win because DET's lineup is better than MIN's trash lineup.  I show you the fallacy of this statement so you say stats don't determine the game.  NO $HIT!  That wasn't my argument.  This game could go either way.  It is fricking baseball.  But your basis for this long opinion on the game was WRONG and I am just point it out.

Then you say well who is hot other than Mauer.  Again WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.  Mauer is ice cold and half of the rest of the Twins lineup is scorcing hot.

Twins have everything going their way.  They have dominated DET in MIN.  They have their best pitcher going tonight (albeit not as good as last year).  DET has mostly a right handed batting lineup and Baker is right handed.  Baker beat DET last week in DET against Porticello.  DET has been slumping.  Not playing clutching hitting or defense.  They had to struggle to close out the final game to make it a play-in game.  On top of it all Twins are hot and have momentum at home in the last regular season game in the Metrodome.  All the Twins legends are going to be on hand to watch the game.  The place will be load and obnoxious I guarantee you that.

All in all can DET win HELL YES, will DET win I am betting against it.  But your facts you have were not facts but just opinions of your perception of what the facts were.  They were not researched or documented.  That is all I am trying to point out.

This forum is intended for lively discussion about bets.  But it doesn't help when 85% of all posters just post their play with no factual basis for it or accurately based rationale.  BOL with your bet and I hope you are at least smart enough to be on DET +1.5.  LOL and I am just messing with you about that last comment.
quote
jesron1269 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jesron1269
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 18641
Location: South Dakota
#21
Posted: 10/6/2009 12:13:46 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by IHAVETHESCAR:

and if you want to talk stats...
The Dodgers, the Toronto Bluejays, and Orioles
ALL GOT MORE HITS THAN the Boston Red sox..the entire season.

does that mean their offense is better than the RED SOX ?
LOL
ABSOLUTELY NOT!
WHY?
Because you gotta look at the quality of the players...
But if a stats man like you must think that just because the Dodgers got more hits than the Red Sox that must mean they are a better team...
Sorry Buddy Not the case




Dude really.  We are talking about hits now?  That is like saying that CLE really isn't that bad of a team because they get tons of yards.  What matters here is do they do anything with their hits.  BOS had 872 runs this year which is 3rd most in MLB.  I could give a $hit less how many hits they got.  It is clear I cannot rationalize with you and point out your errors in a rational manner.  I am done BOL on your bet.
quote
KktdocT
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
KktdocT
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 63879
Location: United Kingdom
#22
Posted: 10/6/2009 12:17:57 PM
quote
ILPRATO
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ILPRATO
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 4749
Location: New York
#23
Posted: 10/6/2009 12:18:35 PM
You have to be nuts to go against the twins in the dome.The energy will be wild and the team is on a roll.Win or lose I just feel its the correct play.Normally I dont give home field too much value in baseball but I think in this case it might put them over the top.

Good luck


quote
lardoggy send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetUS.com |
lardoggy
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2
Location: Georgia
#24
Posted: 10/6/2009 12:22:33 PM
Be careful with who is going to get swept by the Yanks....Everyone thought the Yanks would sweep the Tigers a couple of years ago....how did that work out? The Yankees are hoping the Twinkies win then the sweep might happen.
quote
IHAVETHESCAR send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
IHAVETHESCAR
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 68
Location: Aruba
#25
Posted: 10/6/2009 12:32:08 PM
At first glance if i am honest ...
The Minnesota play did look very enticing...

But to rethink it and think from a handicappers standpoint...
With all the negative hype on Cabrera...
and him also slumping very bad...
and Tigers almost getting swepped by the White Sox..
and slumping very badly...
and the line is only at -150...
that is begging for Twins action...
like everyone said Twins at home...are rock solid...at only -150?

strange..
 i am by no means saying tigers are a LOCK...

all i am saying is give me detroit in this spot...

there is only one baseball game for today as well...so there is going to be heavy action....if the bookmakers think minnesota at home is that dominant....and baker dominated the tigers last game...

and the line is -150...? I SMELL SARDINES
quote
Forum Index : MLB Betting : Messages
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.