Messages

Forum Index : NHL Betting : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
Author: [NHL Betting] Topic: The thing that can beat the Kings is...
vegasdennis
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
vegasdennis
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 21934
Location: Nevada
#26
Posted: 6/2/2012 3:25:48 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by fab14:

LookIt`s njd

 Bingo
quote
vegasdennis
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
vegasdennis
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 21934
Location: Nevada
#27
Posted: 6/2/2012 3:26:29 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LeRinkRat:

the biggest challenge for Darryl "Henery Hawk" Sutter is keeping "The Booze Brothers" out of the clubs and ready to play esp in LA

They will be ready 
quote
Messier-11
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Messier-11
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10700
Location:
#28
Posted: 6/2/2012 3:30:02 AM
You want emotion buy a hooker......Sutter is a proven doofus. Mike Keenan won the cup. Just because you were the suit standing on the bench when your players did something magical doesn't mean garbage more than half the time imo
quote
vegasdennis
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
vegasdennis
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 21934
Location: Nevada
#29
Posted: 6/2/2012 3:32:50 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Messier-11:

You want emotion buy a hooker......Sutter is a proven doofus. Mike Keenan won the cup. Just because you were the suit standing on the bench when your players did something magical doesn't mean garbage more than half the time imo

Good luck with your bets 
quote
Messier-11
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Messier-11
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10700
Location:
#30
Posted: 6/2/2012 3:42:50 AM
devils, thunder 1st half, mets+1.5, giants ml, braves under, angels ml, pavelyunchenkova ml.


seems like I'll be on these tomorrow so far. You guys think I'm a hater, but you are wrong. I respect the kings and will have no problem betting on them In LA. I just don't think tomorrow is a good spot for them nor do i think they will sweep them 4-0. Give the Devils some credit
quote
Hoyasaxa send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Hoyasaxa
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2078
Location: California
#31
Posted: 6/2/2012 1:15:01 PM

look-here's what Sutter did and you should check a local website like latimes.com before you comment-Murray had a bunch of decent offensive players like Kopitar, Richards afraid to push into the offensive zone-Sutter demanded that knowing he had a great goalie and defense anyway.

Second, he's kept them extremely focused on one period at a time starting with winning game one in Vancouver-they don't even mention the word Cup-even now.

Third, he's playing all 4 lines-players get rewarded and stars get benched-they have Simon Gagne coming off a concussion and he's a healthy scratch...you can't let up or you ride pine.

Now, you win 10 freakin games on the road in the playoffs and he's a retard, a goof? Seriously, bro-you're smarter than that!

quote
Messier-11
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Messier-11
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10700
Location:
#32
Posted: 6/2/2012 1:18:16 PM
yes, they have won 10 straight road games. The guys on the ice won those games. That goofy darn might have given his best pump up speech in between periods to help who knows. darn Sutter and all NHL coaches. Very overrated.....i couldn't even tell you the devils coaches name because they mean garbage
quote
Messier-11
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Messier-11
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10700
Location:
#33
Posted: 6/2/2012 1:33:56 PM
his team outplayed the rangers
quote
Messier-11
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Messier-11
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10700
Location:
#34
Posted: 6/2/2012 1:56:15 PM
what happened to that badabazinga guy i was talking to. he was erased arnold swartzenegger style
quote
Hoyasaxa send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Hoyasaxa
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2078
Location: California
#35
Posted: 6/2/2012 2:51:10 PM

Oh well, I tried...sorry your Rangers didn't make it...I don't always credit coaches-I just live in LA and this just didn't happen by accident-they needed to score more and now they do-

quote
kozlow88 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
kozlow88
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 116
Location: Massachusetts
#36
Posted: 6/2/2012 6:15:18 PM
A coaches job at that level isn't to get them fired up. If they can't get fired up on their own then they shouldn't be there. The coaches job is to put his players in the best situation to utilize their strengths and minimize their weaknesses. How

How about Belichick, you don't see him all hyped up. He just does his job. Sitter is doing a great job with the Kings and he is a big part of their success. Yes I know he isn't on the ice but as I said above his decisions are putting his players in the position to make plays. Just watch the matchups, you'll see his worth there
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
Hoyasaxa send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Hoyasaxa
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2078
Location: California
#37
Posted: 6/2/2012 6:31:00 PM
Just got a message from the Dessing Room that Sutter is taking laps at pre-game said he's pissed at some Messier fan across the river...you should have played him last Friday in game 6 vs. NJD...
quote
_keyser_soze_ send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
_keyser_soze_
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1105
Location: Canada
#38
Posted: 6/2/2012 7:00:50 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by vegasdennis:



Take sitter any day he is a proven winner. You want emotion buy a hooker 

Proven winner?

Um, he's never won a cup as a coach OR as a player - but he's a winner?  He had a VERY talented team in San Jose that ALWAYS underachieved.  He coached Calgary to a division crown only to see them FLAME OUT in the first round.

So yeah, he's a proven winner, as long as you don't mean the Stanley Cup - which is what they actually play for.

He's the opposite of the guy he replaced, and you usually see an uptick in performance after this happens.  You'll see how fast the Kings fall next year and the year after with Sutter as their coach.

Proven winner?  Thanks for the laugh huckleberry...


quote
vegasdennis
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
vegasdennis
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 21934
Location: Nevada
#39
Posted: 6/2/2012 7:09:04 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by _keyser_soze_:


Proven winner?

Um, he's never won a cup as a coach OR as a player - but he's a winner?  He had a VERY talented team in San Jose that ALWAYS underachieved.  He coached Calgary to a division crown only to see them FLAME OUT in the first round.

So yeah, he's a proven winner, as long as you don't mean the Stanley Cup - which is what they actually play for.

He's the opposite of the guy he replaced, and you usually see an uptick in performance after this happens.  You'll see how fast the Kings fall next year and the year after with Sutter as their coach.

Proven winner?  Thanks for the laugh huckleberry...



Another tool who talks garbage but never seen a bet from

GL ginger 
quote
Hoyasaxa send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Hoyasaxa
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2078
Location: California
#40
Posted: 6/2/2012 7:14:53 PM
in SJ he had a bunch of  chokers and pretty boys like in Vancouver currently-look at  how they laid down for the Blues and what the Kings did to them after...you have to have some guys with balls...bad GM there...and I keep saying, he's pushed the Kings aggressively but go get a cocktail and watch all the pressure they start applying in about 45 minutes...
quote
nbafan88 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
nbafan88
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 26679
Location: New Jersey
#41
Posted: 6/2/2012 7:24:35 PM
Besides knowing basic strategy and being able to make adjustments on the fly, coaches couldn't be more worthless....especially in the NBA/MLB

WOW


you are crazy

quote
Hoyasaxa send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Hoyasaxa
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2078
Location: California
#42
Posted: 6/4/2012 1:56:02 AM

so, here we are 2 wins from another American city taking the most revered trophy in sports-a place where sports talk radio was still about who the Lakers would get next year late last week..

well they gave us a team, we might as well take it. Won't burn the city down over this on so Canuck boys, come on down  and bring your President's Trophies and we can drink together peacefully at Kobe's house...

quote
Messier-11
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Messier-11
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10700
Location:
#43
Posted: 6/4/2012 2:27:11 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Hoyasaxa:

so, here we are 2 wins from another American city taking the most revered trophy in sports-a place where sports talk radio was still about who the Lakers would get next year late last week..

well they gave us a team, we might as well take it. Won't burn the city down over this on so Canuck boys, come on down  and bring your President's Trophies and we can drink together peacefully at Kobe's house...



 nearly fell asleep reading this bull
quote
fab14
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
fab14
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 8776
Location: Alberta
#44
Posted: 6/4/2012 3:42:52 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by _keyser_soze_:


Proven winner?

Um, he's never won a cup as a coach OR as a player - but he's a winner?  He had a VERY talented team in San Jose that ALWAYS underachieved.  He coached Calgary to a division crown only to see them FLAME OUT in the first round.

So yeah, he's a proven winner, as long as you don't mean the Stanley Cup - which is what they actually play for.

He's the opposite of the guy he replaced, and you usually see an uptick in performance after this happens.  You'll see how fast the Kings fall next year and the year after with Sutter as their coach.

Proven winner?  Thanks for the laugh huckleberry...


I hate to break this to ya but sutter took the flames to the stanley cup finals in 2004.
quote
Polar_Bear
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Polar_Bear
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 24580
Location: Ontario
#45
Posted: 6/4/2012 9:07:27 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Hoyasaxa:

Oh well, I tried...sorry your Rangers didn't make it...I don't always credit coaches-I just live in LA and this just didn't happen by accident-they needed to score more and now they do-

They started scoring more after they acquired Jeff Carter and not a day sooner. There was zero change in their offensive output when Sutter took over. That is just plain statistical fact.

The style they are playing is the one that John Stevens coaches and the way the Flyers played for him. That same system made Marty Biron look like an all star goaltender in Philly when Stevens was there. The arrival of Carter and immediate rise in team goal scoring average allowed for a more aggressive approach in the offensive zone. The team is always playing with the lead now and therefore not searching desperately for game tying goals and therefore they are able to roll the 4 lines because they are almost never trailing.

Sutter is getting way to much credit. It was all timing. You put Murray back behind that bench with Stevens and you give him Jeff Carter and more offense and they would be right where they are. That was all this team was missing. End of story.
quote
Polar_Bear
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Polar_Bear
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 24580
Location: Ontario
#46
Posted: 6/4/2012 9:32:06 AM
People using the fact Sutter coached a team to the Cup finals.
Terry Murray accomplished the same feat so what does that say?

Murray coached the Flyers to a few division titles and a cup finals appearance in his few seasons there. In a season with the Panthers he had the team set their franchise record points total with 98 which still stands. I don't think much of Terry Murray as a coach which is the point I'm making here. It's more about the horses. Glen Sather is one of the worst hockey minds of all time but he will get to be remembered for winning cups because he coached that all world team in Edmonton which just about any average hockey guy could have won with.

The Kings needed a shake up and Sutter who is capable and nothing more, was just an unemployed guy (for good reason) in the right place at the right time. They made the trade for Carter and they got the piece they were missing which was enough to scrape into the playoffs. The Kings were a team already built for playoff hockey.
quote
vegasdennis
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
vegasdennis
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 21934
Location: Nevada
#47
Posted: 6/4/2012 11:05:37 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Polar_Bear:

People using the fact Sutter coached a team to the Cup finals.
Terry Murray accomplished the same feat so what does that say?

Murray coached the Flyers to a few division titles and a cup finals appearance in his few seasons there. In a season with the Panthers he had the team set their franchise record points total with 98 which still stands. I don't think much of Terry Murray as a coach which is the point I'm making here. It's more about the horses. Glen Sather is one of the worst hockey minds of all time but he will get to be remembered for winning cups because he coached that all world team in Edmonton which just about any average hockey guy could have won with.

The Kings needed a shake up and Sutter who is capable and nothing more, was just an unemployed guy (for good reason) in the right place at the right time. They made the trade for Carter and they got the piece they were missing which was enough to scrape into the playoffs. The Kings were a team already built for playoff hockey.

 

Don't totally disagree but do think Sutter has gotten Doughty to play better since he arrived.

Have no explanation for Penner turnaround

quote
Polar_Bear
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Polar_Bear
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 24580
Location: Ontario
#48
Posted: 6/4/2012 1:20:09 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by vegasdennis:

 

Don't totally disagree but do think Sutter has gotten Doughty to play better since he arrived.

Have no explanation for Penner turnaround

Winning gives everyone more confidence. Confidence makes everyones game better. Ya I guess Penner saves his best for winning cups. Have not seen him look this good since he was a kid winning the cup with the Ducks. I think Doughty would have raised his game regardless. He struggles early because he missed training camp which is only normal.

As for who Doughty feels is his best teacher. http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/28/drew-doughty-got-a-big-helping-hand-from-john-stevens/ ....Sorry it does not link but if you copy and paste that into your browser you can read about the man that really deserves the credit for Drew's game improvement.

I have been telling anyone that will listen for a while now, John Stevens is the man responsible behind that bench for the Kings system and success from a coaching standpoint. Stevens is the scientist, Sutter and Murray were and are just the salesmen.


quote
Forum Index : NHL Betting : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.