Messages

Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages Page 5 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: Please tell me this is not racism!!!!!
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37170
Location: Minnesota
#101
Posted: 1/6/2011 5:14:46 PM

Just as with AA, it's all about providing ACCESS to opportunities.  They don't tell you that you have to hire a minority, but they want minorities to at least have access to being CONSIDERED (ie. credentials reviewed and interviewed if appropriate)  So it has NOTHING to do with racism or reverse racism. 

It's a good idea on its face, but it looks completely ridiculous in a situation like Dallas where it's just an exercise after the decision was already made.  It's insulting. 

quote
Crowkillers send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Crowkillers
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 32063
Location: Pennsylvania
#102
Posted: 1/6/2011 5:18:40 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

It's a good idea on its face, but it looks completely ridiculous in a situation like Dallas where it's just an exercise after the decision was already made.  It's insulting. 

Couldn't agree more.

quote
Syddigs send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Syddigs
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 4978
Location: Vatican City
#103
Posted: 1/6/2011 5:25:38 PM
Yo Scab

I am still waiting to hear how Donovan McNabb started his 4 mile race 3 miles behind Rex Grossman.

Not to mention that you refused to answer " CallmeTim's " question about the sharp increase in unwedded black Mothers.

I knew you couldn't back up your BS rhetoric once a fact is presented.


quote
mrbigstuff2466
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mrbigstuff2466
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 259
Location:
#104
Posted: 1/6/2011 5:28:30 PM
freakin scalabrine ....Are  you sure your not Rob Reiner cuz l am sure Archie Bunker would call you meathead.
quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 34838
Location: Missouri
#105
Posted: 1/6/2011 5:38:36 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scalabrine:


And what the hell is wrong with affirmative action...

To Bigots it's basically saying "darn you white man"...that's all you'll ever see...

But affirmative action applies to women as well...women like your mother, wife, sister, daughter etc. 

But white males don't think of affirmative action in these terms. It's only about blacks and hispanics who couldn't qualify otherwise.



And it's not reverse racism because the NFL most certainly doesn't believe the black candidate is superior to the white candidate solely because of race. They are simply providing an OPPORTUNITY.

The same OPPORTUNITY that you have thrived on all your life due to your white skin and you even know it...

I never said anything was wrong with it. I asked how come just blacks? Why not mexicans or koreans?

If you get or dont get something because of the color of your skin its racism. Affirmative action is then "positive" racism because they get chances for jobs instead of beat by the police.

The question isnt about slavery and what happened years ago, the simple question about Dallas having to interview a black man when someone already had the job, but Minnesota not having to interview a white man. If you cant see the racism in that then I am baffled....

quote
JohnAlz send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sports Interaction |
JohnAlz
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 554
Location: Virginia
#106
Posted: 1/6/2011 5:46:46 PM

Scalabrine, I am a Tennessee Titans fan and let me tell you something about Vince Young...he was a bad apple from the start.  That guy WAS pampered at Texas, as a lot of top caliber players are.  Difference is, Vince wanted his hand held once college was over.  Sorry Vince, time to be an adult.  Young just can't seem to do that.  He has excuses for EVERYTHING.  This guy girl when he gets hurt and can't play, has insinuated that losses could have been reversed had he been healthy, acts like a child e.g. his cries for attention last year when he wanted to kill himself bc his career wasn't going how he wanted it to, the fight in the strip club, his disregard for Jeff Fisher as a coach and leader of the Titans, and the list goes on.  Bud Adams let Young get away with a lot of garbage, because Adams is a scumbag.  Now even Adams is tired of his garbage.  So Scal, leave Vince Young out of your "black qb's are being pushed out by white qb's argument."  Do you honestly think, with all the money and time and media exposure that was dedicated to Young by the Titans, that they actually conspired to replace him with a near 40's Kerry "Cocktail" Collins?  Are you out of your friggin mind with that notion? 

quote
scalabrine send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
scalabrine
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13590
Location: United States
#107
Posted: 1/6/2011 11:28:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Slovak:

no you don't start them, but I have seen you enter threads many times and turn them into racial hate threads even though they had nothing to do with the color of someone's skin. garbage, you even fucked up a good thread about someone loving their pet dog.

if we are going to talk about race and how the black man is always wronged, then let me ask you a serious question: why is it that the only dogs that blacks own are either pitbulls or rotweilers? are they afraid to be different? will their homeboys beat them down if they get caught walking a mini dachshund?


I believe some own pitbulls, in a large part, to scare whites...

Today's whites are the descendants, whether directly related or not, that brought in german shepherds to bite the garbage out of them when they peacefully protested for their civil rights in the 60's and are now scared shitless while even walking on the other side of the street when they see a black man walking a pitbull...
quote
scalabrine send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
scalabrine
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13590
Location: United States
#108
Posted: 1/6/2011 11:30:12 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Syddigs:

Yo Scab

I am still waiting to hear how Donovan McNabb started his 4 mile race 3 miles behind Rex Grossman.

Not to mention that you refused to answer " CallmeTim's " question about the sharp increase in unwedded black Mothers.

I knew you couldn't back up your BS rhetoric once a fact is presented.



McNabb didn't...but I could probably point out at least 10,000 blacks who started their race 3 miles behind you...
quote
scalabrine send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
scalabrine
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13590
Location: United States
#109
Posted: 1/6/2011 11:31:06 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

I never said anything was wrong with it. I asked how come just blacks? Why not mexicans or koreans?

If you get or dont get something because of the color of your skin its racism. Affirmative action is then "positive" racism because they get chances for jobs instead of beat by the police.

The question isnt about slavery and what happened years ago, the simple question about Dallas having to interview a black man when someone already had the job, but Minnesota not having to interview a white man. If you cant see the racism in that then I am baffled....


Mexicans and Koreans ARE considered for affirmative action you moron...
quote
scalabrine send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
scalabrine
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13590
Location: United States
#110
Posted: 1/6/2011 11:31:54 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by JohnAlz:

Scalabrine, I am a Tennessee Titans fan and let me tell you something about Vince Young...he was a bad apple from the start.  That guy WAS pampered at Texas, as a lot of top caliber players are.  Difference is, Vince wanted his hand held once college was over.  Sorry Vince, time to be an adult.  Young just can't seem to do that.  He has excuses for EVERYTHING.  This guy girl when he gets hurt and can't play, has insinuated that losses could have been reversed had he been healthy, acts like a child e.g. his cries for attention last year when he wanted to kill himself bc his career wasn't going how he wanted it to, the fight in the strip club, his disregard for Jeff Fisher as a coach and leader of the Titans, and the list goes on.  Bud Adams let Young get away with a lot of garbage, because Adams is a scumbag.  Now even Adams is tired of his garbage.  So Scal, leave Vince Young out of your "black qb's are being pushed out by white qb's argument."  Do you honestly think, with all the money and time and media exposure that was dedicated to Young by the Titans, that they actually conspired to replace him with a near 40's Kerry "Cocktail" Collins?  Are you out of your friggin mind with that notion? 


I already said the VY situation was different within this thread...
quote
Crowkillers send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Crowkillers
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 32063
Location: Pennsylvania
#111
Posted: 1/7/2011 12:28:37 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scalabrine:


I believe some own pitbulls, in a large part, to scare whites...

Today's whites are the descendants, whether directly related or not, that brought in german shepherds to bite the garbage out of them when they peacefully protested for their civil rights in the 60's and are now scared shitless while even walking on the other side of the street when they see a black man walking a pitbull...

Scally, my buddy (The black one who comes down for UFC fights) loves my Pug and she loves him and I asked him why he doesn't get one, and his EXACT words were "Pits are like jewelry" He said having a strong tough pit was status in his neighborhood.

So I am going to have to disagree with you on the scaring white thing.

quote
Crowkillers send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Crowkillers
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 32063
Location: Pennsylvania
#112
Posted: 1/7/2011 12:32:09 AM
So what you are saying is that Blacks "Purposely" have Pits to scare the white man? Is that also to keep the white man from breaking into their apartment and stealing their garbage?
quote
NoWorries21 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
NoWorries21
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 7402
Location: Texas
#113
Posted: 1/7/2011 10:30:54 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TDubATX:

Amazing that the only piece of racism that this guy's probably experienced is Garret's and Frazier's hiring process. What was the purpose of posting this...to get all of the other rascists who hide behind cpu to validate your thoughts that you were insecure about?
Are you serious? I just want those oblivious to this stuff to open there eyes. I truly think this garbage cannot continue or we will never have equality. 
quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 34838
Location: Missouri
#114
Posted: 1/7/2011 11:21:27 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scalabrine:


Mexicans and Koreans ARE considered for affirmative action you moron...


You stupid darn. I'm referring to the Rooney Rule and the NFL only because thats what this thread is about.

For being so "smart" you sure have little common sense
quote
Hawkbet
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetUS.com |
Hawkbet
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 52
Location: California
#115
Posted: 1/7/2011 11:52:19 AM
Racism is alive and well in this world.  I'm white my wifes mexican and my two daughters are what?  Some yrs. ago when my oldest daughter applied for govt.loans for college the app. asked for ethnic background, I told her to put caucasian.  She was denied.  Two yrs later the younger one put same info but changed the ethnicity to mexican american and they rolled out the money carpet for her.  It's a sad situation for all but it is what it is.      
quote
dendogg55
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
dendogg55
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 7425
Location: Italy
#116
Posted: 1/7/2011 1:18:18 PM
Interesting!!!
quote
kaponofor3 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
kaponofor3
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 34806
Location: California
#117
Posted: 1/7/2011 1:23:31 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scalabrine:


I believe some own pitbulls, in a large part, to scare whites...

Today's whites are the descendants, whether directly related or not, that brought in german shepherds to bite the garbage out of them when they peacefully protested for their civil rights in the 60's and are now scared shitless while even walking on the other side of the street when they see a black man walking a pitbull...




German Shepherds are great dogs
quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37170
Location: Minnesota
#118
Posted: 1/7/2011 1:38:00 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Hawkbet:

Racism is alive and well in this world.  I'm white my wifes mexican and my two daughters are what?  Some yrs. ago when my oldest daughter applied for govt.loans for college the app. asked for ethnic background, I told her to put caucasian.  She was denied.  Two yrs later the younger one put same info but changed the ethnicity to mexican american and they rolled out the money carpet for her.  It's a sad situation for all but it is what it is.      

So now you are certain it was the answer to that question that led to the approval of her loan.  LMAO.  I am as white as it gets and I got $25,000 in loans from the government to finance my schooling. 

I was in college from '86 to '90.  It was $10K per year.  My sister went to the same college during 2 of those years.  I was one of FIVE kids.  My dad made $55K a year.  My mom made $35K a year.  Between loans, grants, and government loans, we both graduated.  And we are both as white as white gets.  And we both have paid off our student loans in full. 

I call bullshit. 

quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37170
Location: Minnesota
#119
Posted: 1/7/2011 1:39:17 PM
I also got a fellowship for Grad school.....$3K a semester for my first year.  Didn't even have to pay it back.  White as a ghost I am.
quote
guyhi send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
guyhi
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2110
Location: Hawaii
#120
Posted: 1/7/2011 2:02:35 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

I also got a fellowship for Grad school.....$3K a semester for my first year.  Didn't even have to pay it back.  White as a ghost I am.

 

Was this the David Duke Fellowship i heard about? Nice Job!............................................

 

just joking, lighten up everyone, remember if you seek it, you will find it.

quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37170
Location: Minnesota
#121
Posted: 1/7/2011 3:27:14 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by guyhi:

 

Was this the David Duke Fellowship i heard about? Nice Job!............................................

 

just joking, lighten up everyone, remember if you seek it, you will find it.

My sister and I graduated from Gustavus Adolphus....both got loans to the max and have both paid them back in full. My brother graduated from Minnesota State Mankato and paid back his loans. My sister graduated from U of Wisconsin at Madison and has paid back her loans. 

Another sister just got her nursing degree and is currently paying back her student loans.  She is 46.

We are all white as the day is long.  If you are telling me you can only find money to go to school if you are a minority, you are an imbecile.

quote
Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages Page 5 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.