These Schools Will be a ATM , ATS this Season--Agree? add some

Forum: College Football Page 3 of 4  1 2 3 4  
Author: [College Football] Topic: These Schools Will be a ATM , ATS this Season--Agree? add some
rickster2312 PM rickster2312
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 14477
 
rickster2312
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 7/19/2012 6:16:29 PM
Great Read Doubleup.............. keep up the great work as always................
DoubleUp4Life PM DoubleUp4Life
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 38006
 
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 7/23/2012 5:50:30 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rickster2312:

Great Read Doubleup.............. keep up the great work as always................

Fantastic 

To Hear from you Brother 


Enjoy your Summer
Crusher13 PM Crusher13
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 4333
 
Crusher13
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 7/25/2012 12:02:09 AM
Good thread but really, how do feel about those upcoming playoffs   


DoubleUp4Life PM DoubleUp4Life
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 38006
 
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 7/26/2012 10:14:21 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Crusher13:

Good thread but really, how do feel about those upcoming playoffs   



Uggghhhh

I just hope it does not take away from what I Love about college football ....EVERY regular season game is a playoff (do or die) ....

4 teams is the max i would want ... problem is so many fanboys and schools will be bitching and crying that they should be in as well ... IN NO way do i ever want to see all the conference champs gets in .. who the hell needs to see Troy and Miami Ohio play Georgia , or Texas 
bookieassassin PM bookieassassin
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 7443
 
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 7/26/2012 10:55:20 AM
the next play-off will be an 8 teamer most likely....
it will be seeded as well...

unless the 4 team super conference thing goes down sooner than most think .....each with 2 divisions
     *so essentially an 8 team play-off anyway

Sun Belt ... MAC.....and WAC schools don't bring anything to the table so they won't be involved    
they'll have their own thing going.....(FBS ll or whatever)
bookieassassin PM bookieassassin
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 7443
 
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 7/26/2012 11:40:01 AM
From what I gather here on Covers....

the concept of BIAS....is lost on most everybody
      *holy garbage educate yourself ........some

Best way to decide a champion?
is of course to ELIMINATE any (potential) bias.....meaning take the human element OUT (voting)
     *because we all have our own agenda's...that we mostly aren't aware of > which makes it's effect much worse > the more you say "I'M NOT BIASED!!!'....the more you probably are

So the winners of each division simply play each other....> giving us 4 conference champions....who then fight it out....giving us our FIRST true champion in CFB history.......hope it happens in my lifetime (not long )
DoubleUp4Life PM DoubleUp4Life
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 38006
 
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 8/9/2012 12:11:28 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bookieassassin:

the next play-off will be an 8 teamer most likely....
it will be seeded as well...

unless the 4 team super conference thing goes down sooner than most think .....each with 2 divisions
     *so essentially an 8 team play-off anyway

Sun Belt ... MAC.....and WAC schools don't bring anything to the table so they won't be involved    
they'll have their own thing going.....(FBS ll or whatever)

I could see a 8 team playoff in 10 years or less ... when the 4 team starts every season fan boys will be bitching abouth their school not getting in 
DoubleUp4Life PM DoubleUp4Life
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 38006
 
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 8/12/2012 5:19:02 PM
jdnmoney PM jdnmoney
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 9120
 
jdnmoney
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 8/12/2012 9:47:53 PM
fade:

Memphis
Hawaii
Idaho
Syracuse
LSU (against the number)
Minnesota


tail:
Washington state
UNLV
Oregon overs
San Jose st
western michigan

Laroja PM Laroja
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 11394
 
Laroja
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 8/12/2012 10:49:41 PM
Bet Tulsa when they are playing against Tulane, no matter what the line is.
jdnmoney PM jdnmoney
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 9120
 
jdnmoney
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 8/12/2012 11:17:05 PM
agree entirely laroja
2MuchJohnson4U PM 2MuchJohnson4U
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 156
 
2MuchJohnson4U
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 8/12/2012 11:24:01 PM
I think these have the potential to be an ATM

Penn St. - most will over exaggerate how bad they'll be.  I don't expect them to be good, but they should still have a solid defense which will keep them in most games.

UF - should be really good on D, and their O can only improve

Ole Miss - think they found 'em a good coach.  Should be improved

Maryland - terrible last year, can only improve.  If Edsall can win @ UConn, he should be able to @ Maryland too.

Auburn - return just about their entire 2 deep on defense and hired a really good DC.  Also got a new OC.  I expect them to be pretty good by the 2nd half of the season.


warcameagle56 PM warcameagle56
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 5051
 
warcameagle56
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 8/13/2012 2:34:43 AM
Good write up..for some reason I thought OklaSt lost a lot more starters.Gundy is a top10-15 coaches in country.I just couldnt believe they lost to IowaSt ..they were killing them then IowaSt just came back.Chizik left that program much improved for former def.coord Paul Rhodes.
ShadowWarrior PM ShadowWarrior
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 7098
 
ShadowWarrior
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 8/13/2012 6:03:24 AM
Definitely fade Hawaii, especially at USC.

Word of caution with UNLV.  They covered versus WS last year and upset Hawaii as 17 point dogs although that was the game rumor has Hawaii through it  or was fixed because some team relative had laid big money for Hawaii to throw the game.

And definitely take 'bama to beat MI in their opener.
DoubleUp4Life PM DoubleUp4Life
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 38006
 
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 8/13/2012 8:12:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jdnmoney:

fade:

Memphis   Agree 100%
Hawaii
Idaho

Syracuse  I would be careful fading the Cuse as a DOG .. might have a nice Passing backdoor type O

LSU (against the number)   not sure i like them Less without weed badger

Minnesota   should be much Improved...Might play in some tight ones ...like them as a DOG in some spots


tail:
Washington state   Way Overhyped this season ??

UNLV    NOT on the road  

Oregon overs   be careful ,, Might be Ducks best Defense in 4ever 

San Jose st

western michigan   agree .. they should be the class of the MAC

redbook1 PM redbook1
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1033
 
redbook1
Participation Meter
Covers Rehab
Posted: 8/13/2012 8:34:19 PM
although some of these teams will be Automated Teller Machines, many will be behind To Mouth.
DoubleUp4Life PM DoubleUp4Life
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 38006
 
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 8/14/2012 8:35:29 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Laroja:

Bet Tulsa when they are playing against Tulane, no matter what the line is.

Tulsa owns this series 7-0 winning each game by 24+ Points ...
DoubleUp4Life PM DoubleUp4Life
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 38006
 
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 8/17/2012 1:05:58 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by redbook1:

although some of these teams will be Automated Teller Machines, many will be behind To Mouth.

Hope to stay Far away from those ....

BOL brother
MaineRoad PM MaineRoad
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 11584
 
MaineRoad
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 8/17/2012 10:03:50 AM

Although the notion of an auto-fade or auto-back generally works better in theory than in practice, here are some teams I peg to be better or worse than general perception:

Better:

VPI, Houston, San Jose, NC State, Vanderbilt, Rice, Kent

Worse:

Baylor, Memphis, Georgia Tech, Michigan, Virginia, USC

 

jdnmoney PM jdnmoney
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 9120
 
jdnmoney
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 8/17/2012 11:39:37 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ShadowWarrior:

Definitely fade Hawaii, especially at USC.

Word of caution with UNLV.  They covered versus WS last year and upset Hawaii as 17 point dogs although that was the game rumor has Hawaii through it  or was fixed because some team relative had laid big money for Hawaii to throw the game.

And definitely take 'bama to beat MI in their opener.



really, they covered against WS?

was UNLV +55 or what because the final was 59-7

they most certainly did not covers vs WS.



Teaser78 PM Teaser78
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 13431
 
Teaser78
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 8/17/2012 11:50:17 AM
DID I MISS IT OR DID YOU LEAVE OUT THE AKRON ZIPS FOR SOME REASON ....
DoubleUp4Life PM DoubleUp4Life
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 38006
 
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 8/17/2012 8:21:06 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 2MuchJohnson4U:

I think these have the potential to be an ATM

Penn St. - most will over exaggerate how bad they'll be.  I don't expect them to be good, but they should still have a solid defense which will keep them in most games.

UF - should be really good on D, and their O can only improve

Ole Miss - think they found 'em a good coach.  Should be improved

Maryland - terrible last year, can only improve.  If Edsall can win @ UConn, he should be able to @ Maryland too.

Auburn - return just about their entire 2 deep on defense and hired a really good DC.  Also got a new OC.  I expect them to be pretty good by the 2nd half of the season.



Maryland should be better ... 

not sure about Auburn or Penn St . both could go in the toliet with early losses ... 

But who knows 

thanks for dropping by Brother
DoubleUp4Life PM DoubleUp4Life
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 38006
 
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 8/17/2012 8:23:58 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MaineRoad:

Although the notion of an auto-fade or auto-back generally works better in theory than in practice, here are some teams I peg to be better or worse than general perception:

Better:

VPI, Houston, San Jose, NC State, Vanderbilt, Rice, Kent

Worse:

Baylor, Memphis, Georgia Tech, Michigan, Virginia, USC



 


with you on san Jose st, Memphis ,baylor,Michigan , UVA mainly bc of a brutal schedule ...

USC has such lofty exp. they could easily choke at Utah vs Oregon etc .


thanks for dropping by my much respected Brother
Skipster PM Skipster
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5635
 
Skipster
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 8/17/2012 8:26:36 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:


Maryland should be better ... 

not sure about Auburn or Penn St . both could go in the toliet with early losses ... 

But who knows 

thanks for dropping by Brother


Terp QB went down for the season this week. 
DoubleUp4Life PM DoubleUp4Life
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 38006
 
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 8/18/2012 7:37:07 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Teaser78:

DID I MISS IT OR DID YOU LEAVE OUT THE AKRON ZIPS FOR SOME REASON ....

Little afraid of them this season ( I must be the only one)

Zips should be getting lots of points on a weekly basis ....

But yeah they suck 
Forum: College Football Page 3 of 4  1 2 3 4  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.