Purdue at Michigan State (10/19/2013)

Forum: College Football
Author: [College Football] Topic: Purdue at Michigan State (10/19/2013)
Covers PM Covers
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 61
 
Covers
Participation Meter
Covers Referee
Posted: 10/13/2013 3:41:09 AM

Away:  Purdue [1-5 ATS]
Home:  Michigan State [3-2-1 ATS]

Game Time: 12:00 PM
Stadium: Spartan Stadium

Recent Meetings:
11/20/10 - PUR 31 vs. MSU 35
11/14/09 - MSU 40 vs. PUR 37
11/08/08 - PUR 7 vs. MSU 21

Team Leaders:

Purdue:
Passing: Rob Henry (832)
Rushing: Akeem Hunt (250)
Receiving: DeAngelo Yancey (295)

Michigan State:
Passing: Connor Cook (923)
Rushing: Jeremy Langford (420)
Receiving: Macgarrett Kings Jr. (254)

More:
Live Odds
In-Depth Matchup Information
Consensus Betting Information

MrBig10 PM MrBig10
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 129
 
MrBig10
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 10/15/2013 9:01:45 PM
Big 10 Picks
-Michigan State pounds Purdue by at least 21 even if they overlook them.
-Northwestern gets is done by 14.
-Michigan gets is done by 10.
-Ohio State gets it done by 17.
-Wisconsin gets is done by 14.
beshcooper PM beshcooper
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 268
 
beshcooper
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 10/16/2013 4:22:17 PM
Prime spot for a Sparty let down. They should win but I can easily see a collapse in a game they should dominate.
Little-Giant PM Little-Giant
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 172
 
Little-Giant
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 10/16/2013 6:11:06 PM
Purdue +27.5

No way MSU even scores four touchdowns. Purdue wont move the ball and MSU will keep them held down and win something like 23 -6.
Little-Giant PM Little-Giant
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 172
 
Little-Giant
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 10/16/2013 6:12:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MrBig10:

Big 10 Picks
-Michigan State pounds Purdue by at least 21 even if they overlook them.
-Northwestern gets is done by 14.
-Michigan gets is done by 10.
-Ohio State gets it done by 17.
-Wisconsin gets is done by 14.

So you like every big 10 team to cover? Its much more likely that none of them will cover.
MrBig10 PM MrBig10
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 129
 
MrBig10
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 10/16/2013 10:03:40 PM
28 for Michigan State is a TON, so they would be my biggest question mark, but I still like them by 21.
MrBig10 PM MrBig10
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 129
 
MrBig10
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 10/16/2013 10:07:29 PM

Purdue's freshman QB is going to be a good one but it will take alot for them to score more than 17. I see something like:

MSU: 36

Purdue: 14

themyth PM themyth
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 377
 
themyth
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 10/16/2013 11:03:53 PM
This game is almost always close. Purdue was getting 21 last year.......... lost by only 4.
Take the points.   The Myth
Little-Giant PM Little-Giant
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 172
 
Little-Giant
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 10/17/2013 1:54:57 AM
Michigan State offense looked great last week against Indiana but Purdue's defense is a different thing. They can defend a power running attack (like they did against ND). I expect a field goal type game. The games where Purdue has been blown out their secondary has played terrible. I think this sets up like a field position game where the score is low and MSU doesn't even get close to covering. 

Lets see if MSU comes out throwing, playing to the weakness on Purdue, or if they insist on running.
snowjocky PM snowjocky
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 3915
 
snowjocky
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/17/2013 4:20:21 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by themyth:

This game is almost always close. Purdue was getting 21 last year.......... lost by only 4.
Take the points.   The Myth
Wasn't the last meeting in 2010 that they lost by 4 
indians03 PM indians03
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 42
 
indians03
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 10/18/2013 6:57:16 PM
purdue +28

purdue 16
mich st 30
kaleb01 PM kaleb01
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1548
 
kaleb01
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/19/2013 7:47:32 AM
Taking over the points on this one.
CBblitz PM CBblitz
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 18
 
CBblitz
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 10/19/2013 9:34:50 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Little-Giant:

Michigan State offense looked great last week against Indiana but Purdue's defense is a different thing. They can defend a power running attack (like they did against ND). I expect a field goal type game. The games where Purdue has been blown out their secondary has played terrible. I think this sets up like a field position game where the score is low and MSU doesn't even get close to covering. 

Lets see if MSU comes out throwing, playing to the weakness on Purdue, or if they insist on running.

Don't forget, Wisconsin rushed for 388 yards vs this Purdue defense. 

Twoballbyouch PM Twoballbyouch
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 3
 
Twoballbyouch
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 10/19/2013 2:39:43 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by beshcooper:

Prime spot for a Sparty let down. They should win but I can easily see a collapse in a game they should dominate.
Well said!! MSU is bunch of douche bags. 7-0 in 4th. what a joke!
Forum: College Football
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.