Messages

Forum Index : The Archives : Messages Page 6 of 15 «  4 5 6 7 8   »
Author: [The Archives] Topic: New York at New England (02/03/2008)
ogorange send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ogorange
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 108
Location:
#126
Posted: 1/28/2008 9:05:41 PM
new england 48
new york      23
quote
jjmandl send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
jjmandl
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 148
Location:
#127
Posted: 1/28/2008 9:14:19 PM

Ruegemer - 2001 Pats.  I know its not exactly the entire defense, but dont use your facts to back up your pick with incorrect facts.

 

quote
CMJohnson1
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: JustBet.cx |
CMJohnson1
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 31168
Location: New Hampshire
#128
Posted: 1/28/2008 9:58:34 PM
haha Reugamer...he will play a HUGE role in this game.  Great write-up PatsGrl...i think you are right on except for the score.  I think they will get the ball to Moss early and get a lead then let their defense take over and hand it off to Maroney in the 2nd half.  Going to be another controlled brilliant game from Brady.  I'll predict 19-23 for 265 yards and 3 td's.  But still riding the UNDER in this one just based on the trends that I posted before. 
quote
BreakaBookie send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
BreakaBookie
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1589
Location: New York
#129
Posted: 1/28/2008 10:34:52 PM
CMJOHNSON.........
 
can I hold your action.... that is if you are playing a tease.....
 
WHAT IS THIS, AMATUER HOUR AT THE APOLLO...........
 
for any NEWCOMERS checking out this page for tips.... don't pay any attention to CMJOHNSON"S POSTS>.........
 
A TEASER IS A BOOKIES WET DREAM........  you have to hit 2 outcomes.........
 
PLEASE DON'T TEASE THE SUPERBOWL....... PLEASE..... I BEG YOU..... FROM ONE GAMBLER TO ANOTHER......
 
Instead of teasing it.... why don't you donate your money, cause you'll be putting it in the same column on your excell spreadsheet titled (loss)
 
RANKINGS DON'T MEAN garbage TO ME, the variable is the uncommon opponents......
 
If you want to get some advice.... read IRISHEYEZ.... some of the vets on the site.... they are usually accurate.......
 
 
IF THE USER NAME SAYS PATS GIRL..... assume they live in new england or, i know this is tricky, shhh (she might be a patriot fan)
 
when was the last time the patriots covered in the superbowl?????
 
probably the last time the PATRIOT FANS rooted for the Giants....
 
 
AFTER ALL.... ALL THOSE NEW ENGLAND FRONT RUNNERS USED TO ROOT FOR THE GMEN.........
 
Take the points.....  wait till it hits 11.5 (i use bodog)
 
 
RIDE THE TREND......... ala 05-06 Steelers
 
 
 
 
 
 
quote
Spytheweb send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Spytheweb
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 809
Location: Nevada
#130
Posted: 1/28/2008 11:11:29 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by CMJohnson1:



You are right in the fact that the Pats defense doesn't scare anybody...they don't need to.  They just show up to play every week and hold you to less than 20 points.  Which is conveniently enough to win every single game.  You can't teach experience...and that's what this team has.  The Giants need to rely on Strahan who is well beyond his years and Toomer who is a 3rd WR for their inspiration this week.  Those are the only two players on the team who have been there before.  That is going to play huge difference.  The Pats are the better team...and the better team wins in the Super Bowl.  Period. End of discussion.  Please stop the delusions and discuss your opinion on why or why not the Giants will cover the spread.


The better team huh? That is what the Dallas Cowboys are saying, they are the better team. They sure had more pro bowlers then the Giants, but that didn't help.

Your team is your team. Are you willing to bet money on your team? I betting money on mine.

I think the Giants will win because the Pats ran for 44 yards. Giants had no trouble moving the ball, running and passing. The Giants have the better punter. Brady gave the ball away, 3 times. Patriots covered the spread once in the last 8. Best of all, Patriots are long overdue for a loss.
quote
WiseGuy702
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Las Vegas Hotel and Casino |
WiseGuy702
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11794
Location: Nevada
#131
Posted: 1/29/2008 2:12:02 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by jjmandl:

^^^  Get your facts straight!!

You must not get it, all i'm trying to point out here is that the SuperBowl experience between both teams GREATLY favors the Patriots and it's not may main reason for backing the Pats.....Heres the quote:

"Of course, now the Giants have to deal with a challenge that will be infinitely greater than the one New England offered back on Dec. 29. The Patriots haven't lost a Super Bowl in the three times they've reached that game under coach Bill Belichick. They also have strength in numbers. While Toomer and Strahan represent all of the Giants' Super Bowl experience, the Patriots boast 21 players who have played on a team that has advanced to that game. That's a hell of an advantage in a contest of this magnitude."

OK maybe i was 1 player off, but does that make it a incorrect fact?

and here's the link to the whole story....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=3207994

I've been on here for awhile now and NEVER post "incorrect facts" so before you want to call me out on what i post, maybe YOU should do your research and CHECK YOUR FACTS!!!!! If you dont, you just make yourself look like a FOOL!!!!!!

WTF, these main forums are not what it used to be.....

 

quote
lefty1209 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
lefty1209
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1220
Location: Connecticut
#132
Posted: 1/29/2008 7:38:04 AM
wiseguy i was just about to say the same thing!!!!  what the hell happened to these forums???  it used to be you came on here to get some facts...listen to people's opinions...and then make your picks based on all the data you collected!!!  now it's a pissing contest about who can yell the loudest!!!!  maybe time to find another place to hang out!!!!
quote
wonbadappl send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sportsbook.ag |
wonbadappl
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 131
Location: New Jersey
#133
Posted: 1/29/2008 9:31:30 AM
They played 2 times this season and I don't give a crap what you say, it counts. I said it before the Dallas game and everyone said the same thing. The odds of them winning again is ridiculous and the Pats are due to lose sooner or later. Go back to the 49ers vs. the Broncos in Superbowl XXIV. The niners were favored by 11.5 the finalscore was 55-10 niners. That was the last time that a blowout was predicted and it actually happend. 18 years ago? not gonna happen sorry guys i'm an odds kinda guy and the odds of this happening are rare. Sticking with whats making money and the Pats have covered only 2 of the last 9. Also taking the G-men in a parlay with the under gets you 8 to 1. Gotta love 8 to 1.
quote
Fish Naked send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Fish Naked
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5567
Location: Florida
#134
Posted: 1/29/2008 9:33:08 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Irisheyez:

Are you sure you haven't been hanging out with Fish Naked and getting into his Bacardi or Captain Morgan's??? 

It's Bacardi or Crown on the rocks. At least you remembered that one of 'em started with a C....LOL

 

quote
Fish Naked send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Fish Naked
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5567
Location: Florida
#135
Posted: 1/29/2008 9:53:22 AM

Some of you may remember that the week after Shockey went down, I proclaimed that the Giants were DONE......Boy was I wrong. I searched for my post where I said that, but couldn't find it.

In any event, I heard something last week on local sports talk radio that may have explained why I was wrong. Sid Rosenberg does a daily show on am790 the ticket, here in South Florida. Personally, I never liked they guy as he came across as cocky and pompous, but what he said last week made perfect sense to me. Apparently, he used to do sports talk radio in NY and was the host for the NYG pre game shows and claims to have connections inside the organization. He stated that the reason that Eli had struggled in the past was a direct result of Shockey coming back to the huddle after every single play and giving him crap about not throwing him the ball. After seeing the way that Eli has played in recent weeks, I gotta say that I believe what Sid said. Take it for what it's worth.

I'm not a fan of either team in this game, but I am leaning on taking the Giants and the points. I think that their pass rush will be quite effective and I'm impressed with the way the linebackers, especially Pierce have played the run. On offense, the Giants have looked quite impressive running the ball and I don't think that the Pats can stop the run. I do think that this will be a close game and that's why I'm taking the Giants. I only wish I had jumped on the 14 points when it opened. Also have a slight lean on the under and am sure that I will be playing numerous props.

I am going to Vegas for this game so I won't be around on game day to discuss the game or post emoticons during the game. (still can't believe that my wife is letting me go) Best of luck to all my friends with your picks. I look forward to seeing you all again next year!

quote
3rd_and_Long send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
3rd_and_Long
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 23333
Location: Hawaii
#136
Posted: 1/29/2008 10:24:09 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wonbadappl:

They played 2 times this season and I don't give a crap what you say, it counts. I said it before the Dallas game and everyone said the same thing. The odds of them winning again is ridiculous and the Pats are due to lose sooner or later. Go back to the 49ers vs. the Broncos in Superbowl XXIV. The niners were favored by 11.5 the finalscore was 55-10 niners. That was the last time that a blowout was predicted and it actually happend. 18 years ago? not gonna happen sorry guys i'm an odds kinda guy and the odds of this happening are rare. Sticking with whats making money and the Pats have covered only 2 of the last 9. Also taking the G-men in a parlay with the under gets you 8 to 1. Gotta love 8 to 1.

Last time a blowout was predicted and won was actually the Niners over the Chargers 49-26 as a 18 point favorite.

Preseason doesn't mean garbage. If you want to back the Giants come up with better reasoning. Good luck playing the "due" angle.

quote
3rd_and_Long send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
3rd_and_Long
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 23333
Location: Hawaii
#137
Posted: 1/29/2008 10:26:55 AM
Fish Naked, I'm jealous.
 
I'm too busy to get away this time of year (tax accountant) but I'm going to go one of these years anyway. Good luck and have a great time.
quote
3rd_and_Long send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
3rd_and_Long
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 23333
Location: Hawaii
#138
Posted: 1/29/2008 10:28:10 AM
http://www.docsports.com/point-spreads-for-every-super-bowl.html
 
For you history buffs (I don't put much faith in past results, I cap based on matchups)
quote
Fish Naked send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Fish Naked
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5567
Location: Florida
#139
Posted: 1/29/2008 10:43:07 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 3rd_and_Long:

Fish Naked, I'm jealous.
 
I'm too busy to get away this time of year (tax accountant) but I'm going to go one of these years anyway. Good luck and have a great time.

Thanks 3rd   Good luck to you too.

Hopefully, I'll have a few tax questions for you when I get back.

quote
attorney_at_law send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
attorney_at_law
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1552
Location: New York
#140
Posted: 1/29/2008 11:46:21 AM
Giants =
quote
Coverdatspred send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Coverdatspred
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3300
Location: California
#141
Posted: 1/29/2008 12:59:49 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wonbadappl:

They played 2 times this season and I don't give a crap what you say, it counts. I said it before the Dallas game and everyone said the same thing. The odds of them winning again is ridiculous and the Pats are due to lose sooner or later. Go back to the 49ers vs. the Broncos in Superbowl XXIV. The niners were favored by 11.5 the finalscore was 55-10 niners. That was the last time that a blowout was predicted and it actually happend. 18 years ago? not gonna happen sorry guys i'm an odds kinda guy and the odds of this happening are rare. Sticking with whats making money and the Pats have covered only 2 of the last 9. Also taking the G-men in a parlay with the under gets you 8 to 1. Gotta love 8 to 1.

Just so you know Wonbad....the odds are actually in favor of the team winning 3 in a row when two teams meet 3 times in one season.  Since the AFL NFL merger in 1970 this has happened 18 times including the Giants and Cowboys this season.  11 out of 18 times one of those teams have won all 3 games.  Now Im not saying that the preseason meeting this year even counts as a game but even if it does you say your an odds kinda guy.....11-7 means the odds are not in your favor here

quote
Coverdatspred send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Coverdatspred
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3300
Location: California
#142
Posted: 1/29/2008 1:06:53 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by lefty1209:

wiseguy i was just about to say the same thing!!!!  what the hell happened to these forums???  it used to be you came on here to get some facts...listen to people's opinions...and then make your picks based on all the data you collected!!!  now it's a pissing contest about who can yell the loudest!!!!  maybe time to find another place to hang out!!!!

there still is lots of great info on here Lefty....you just have to sift through the shouting match to get to it.  No need to find another place, Im sure im not the only one who appreciates your input.

quote
Spytheweb send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Spytheweb
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 809
Location: Nevada
#143
Posted: 1/29/2008 1:28:31 PM
This is what coldhardfootballfacts.com said about the Packers/Giants game, BTW they're saying about the same thing this game.  
 
As we said last week, no team in the NFL this year is more balanced than Green Bay. We're not surprised to see their Quality Stat beatdown of New York here ... although the Giants were similarly outmatched against Dallas, and that turned out pretty well for them. But Dallas at least showed some weaknesses that offered the Giants a glimmer of hope. Green Bay shows none. This game looks to be even more one-sided than the other conference title game, with Green Bay holding definite advantages in everything: Quality Stats, weather, health, location and certainly intangibles with a 38-year-old legend QB. It's a pretty clear-cut choice.  
 
The final score: Green Bay 34, New York 14
 
quote
Spytheweb send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Spytheweb
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 809
Location: Nevada
#144
Posted: 1/29/2008 1:37:59 PM
is so much fun.


Summary
And it's three-for-three against Bonzo. New York looked great in Week 17, but going on the road against an excellent defense just doesn't add up to an upset victory. Plus, as has been widely reported this year, teams are just 4-11 a week after playing New England. And the teams that blew their load and nearly beat New England (Indy, Philly, Baltimore)? They combined to lose seven straight after their near-misses against the Patriots.
 
The final score: Tampa Bay 27, New York 17


quote
Spytheweb send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Spytheweb
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 809
Location: Nevada
#145
Posted: 1/29/2008 1:40:18 PM
Summary
In terms of picking against the spread, this seems to be the easiest game of the four to figure. Dallas has the edge in every area, and already proved to be 10 points better than the Giants in the regular season. Twice.
 
And for the "it's tough to beat a team three times" crowd, it's really not – a piece on pro-football-reference.com points out that favorites are 9-3 in third meetings since the merger. The Cowboys are better than the Giants, healthier than the Giants, and playing at home.
 
The enthusiasm for New York (70 percent of the betting money as of mid-week) is a classic reaction to wild-card round success. But as the road teams' 27-percent winning percentage in the divisional round since the merger suggests, winning the first one rarely leads to winning the second one. 
 
The Giants are a trendy pick as this week's upset special. And Dallas certainly stumbled over the last few weeks. But all the actual evidence over the course of the season indicates another solid Cowboys victory.
 
The final score: Dallas 35, New York 21
quote
bigdaddyhpd send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
bigdaddyhpd
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 8262
Location: Hawaii
#146
Posted: 1/29/2008 2:06:18 PM
Aloha my friends
 
It's been a while just thought I would stop in to post my first pick of probably many for this game. I wish the line was still at 14 but I still cannot see how the Giants defense cannot keep this one within reach.
 
Our lines will move from day to day so I decided to go with this first one until another line movement.....
 
Giants final +12
 
Aloha and good luck to all
quote
PatsGrl send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
PatsGrl
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2699
Location: United States
#147
Posted: 1/29/2008 2:47:10 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Fish Naked:

Some of you may remember that the week after Shockey went down, I proclaimed that the Giants were DONE......Boy was I wrong. I searched for my post where I said that, but couldn't find it.

In any event, I heard something last week on local sports talk radio that may have explained why I was wrong. Sid Rosenberg does a daily show on am790 the ticket, here in South Florida. Personally, I never liked they guy as he came across as cocky and pompous, but what he said last week made perfect sense to me. Apparently, he used to do sports talk radio in NY and was the host for the NYG pre game shows and claims to have connections inside the organization. He stated that the reason that Eli had struggled in the past was a direct result of Shockey coming back to the huddle after every single play and giving him crap about not throwing him the ball. After seeing the way that Eli has played in recent weeks, I gotta say that I believe what Sid said. Take it for what it's worth.

I'm not a fan of either team in this game, but I am leaning on taking the Giants and the points. I think that their pass rush will be quite effective and I'm impressed with the way the linebackers, especially Pierce have played the run. On offense, the Giants have looked quite impressive running the ball and I don't think that the Pats can stop the run. I do think that this will be a close game and that's why I'm taking the Giants. I only wish I had jumped on the 14 points when it opened. Also have a slight lean on the under and am sure that I will be playing numerous props.

I am going to Vegas for this game so I won't be around on game day to discuss the game or post emoticons during the game. (still can't believe that my wife is letting me go) Best of luck to all my friends with your picks. I look forward to seeing you all again next year!



Have a safe trip, my friend and Good luck.   I hope you make it back in one piece
quote
Fish Naked send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Fish Naked
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5567
Location: Florida
#148
Posted: 1/29/2008 6:58:52 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by PatsGrl:



Have a safe trip, my friend and Good luck.   I hope you make it back in one piece
Thanks PatsGrl....I'll be thinking about you on Sunday.
quote
Fish Naked send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Fish Naked
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5567
Location: Florida
#149
Posted: 1/29/2008 7:07:00 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by attorney_at_law:

Giants =
Thanks for your informative post....Please don't hesitate to post anything else that you think might help us handicap this game.  You're the epitome of Jackass....among other things
quote
bigdaddyhpd send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
bigdaddyhpd
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 8262
Location: Hawaii
#150
Posted: 1/29/2008 7:57:22 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Fish Naked:

Thanks for your informative post....Please don't hesitate to post anything else that you think might help us handicap this game.  You're the epitome of Jackass....among other things

Wassup my brother

I returned your email last night let me know if it went through.

Lefty and some others are right about this thread and I'm not sure what's worse this thread and the ego's or the other websites trying to compare the 1972 Dolphins versus the 2007 Patriots?

How can anyone compare 2 teams from different era's with a different set of rules? Plain and simple the 1972 Dolphins were great in their time and the 2007 Pats are the great team of 2007. I hate going through ESPN,NFL.com,etc,etc,seeing the same topic over and over again 72' Dolphins vs the 07' Pats give me a break if anyone can give a correct statement about who is the better of 2 teams from different era's is either full of $hit or a football god.

quote
Forum Index : The Archives : Messages Page 6 of 15 «  4 5 6 7 8   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.