Messages

Forum Index : The Archives : Messages Page 2 of 6 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
Author: [The Archives] Topic: IS THE NFL RIGGED? ***THINK ABOUT IT***
nexus646 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
nexus646
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 363
Location:
#26
Posted: 1/3/2007 11:39:38 PM
nfl rigged?   thats the dumbest garbage i've heard in a while.  do you also believe that 9/11 was really done by the US government too?    before you just start claiming bullshit...try providing some evidence...instead of claiming garbage because you suck at betting
 
 
   quit bitchin
quote
spottie2935
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Westgate Las Vegas Superbook |
spottie2935
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5848
Location: Florida
#27
Posted: 1/4/2007 12:18:48 AM
yamon:
1st i agree on all your picks.
 
2nd rigged is a bad term so is fixed.  its neither.  it is however controlled.  it just down right sounds better.
 
my take on the nfl, and why i think this.
 
#1 mario williams.  anyone hear anything on this guy from espn this year. nope
#2 reggie bush.  they just let him slip to #2 so the saints would get to where they are now.
#3 drew brees.  amazing numbers last year, and after an what was supposed to be a BIG INJURY sad diego dumps him for phillip rivers who never really played much.  with the numbers that drew put up why wouldnt they keep him?  to give new orleans a qb thats why.
 
like it or not guys i agree with this, and its my opinion.
 
 
quote
Trinitiyy
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
Trinitiyy
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 8093
Location: Ontario
#28
Posted: 1/4/2007 12:35:49 AM
fixed or no fixed , somebody needs to get paid.
quote
PAPERCHA$E send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
PAPERCHA$E
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1172
Location:
#29
Posted: 1/4/2007 2:14:13 AM
the lions, i.e vegas...i.e mafia....instead of eating the zeebras feed them scraps of their public feasts......the fav wins the game but doesnt cover......vegass' wheelhouse....they only have to pay out to the dog players who took the points but since alot of them invested somewhere around 25 on the ml.....they basically end up losing too......
quote
Midwestgreed send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Midwestgreed
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 775
Location: Wisconsin
#30
Posted: 1/4/2007 4:18:37 AM
You can't say the whole NFL is rigged.  You can definitely assume certain players on some games might help, but at the same time a player is not guaranteed a job next season, neither is a coach.  However refs know who should win, and who shouldn't. Not saying they rig games but at times they definitely make calls that favor the better teams or the better players.  I can't believe this is even a topic on this board, but if you get those games right MAYBE you can just pick games good, like we all try to. About the Detroit vs. Dallas game, I didn't bet on that game because i knew Dallas could not cover Roy Williams, Did you know Romo would have a couple fumbles and Interceptions?
quote
Kyle1111 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Kyle1111
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 569
Location: United States
#31
Posted: 1/4/2007 8:40:37 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by nexus646:

nfl rigged?   thats the dumbest garbage i've heard in a while.  do you also believe that 9/11 was really done by the US government too?    before you just start claiming bullshit...try providing some evidence...instead of claiming garbage because you suck at betting
 
 
   quit bitchin
 
  I think realizing that NFL is rigged may/should equal .  As far as the US government and 911, I would like to see some hard evidence and there is what some people would consider hard evidence already out there.  I remember the pictures and reporting right after the Pentagon was struck and it was like this is damage from a plane???  More likely a missile . . . now if it was a missile it may have been an excellent idea for the government to be dishonest. 
 
The problem that I have with people who reject possible US involvement is that they aren't willing to consider the possibility.  It is just too upsetting for them.  Waving a flag is their security blanket.  Of course, other people will believe any insane anti-government story on the flimyest (sp?) evidence or even negative evidence. 
 
quote
Kyle1111 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Kyle1111
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 569
Location: United States
#32
Posted: 1/4/2007 9:20:18 AM
 
It probably wasn't the case, but it seemed like the Chicago game against Green Bay was rigged.  Yes, I took Chicago in-game in belief that Griese would come in and save the day.  Am I upset by rigging of the games assuming some are rigged?  For the most part NOT really.  It is just business.  I was a little disgusted by the Patriots rise to powerhouse coinciding  (sp?) with all the mass patriotic hoopla and idiocy.
 
 
quote
wintesc send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
wintesc
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 292
Location: United States
#33
Posted: 1/4/2007 4:02:14 PM
Cartman:  Well did you know that over one-fourth of people in America think that 9/11 was a conspiracy? Are you saying that one-fourth of Americans are retards?
 
Kyle:  Yes. I'm saying one-fourth of Americans are retards.
 
Stan:  Yeah, at least one-fourth.
quote
KillTheFATMAN send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
KillTheFATMAN
Participation Meter
Covers Rehab
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1312
Location:
#34
Posted: 1/4/2007 5:28:15 PM
the pass inteference call on the very first play from scrimmage of the Cowboys game, they scored a INT return for TD, and the zebras flew a flag for roughing a defensless reciever, are you friggin kidding me, im not a dallas fan but thats friggin ridiculous!love the write up, its good reading!
quote
falcons1212 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
falcons1212
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1916
Location: Nevada
#35
Posted: 1/4/2007 6:27:11 PM
I agree. Saying that can we rig it so Rex Grossman gets both legs broken so Griese can play and I can finally make a Bears bet and not sweat it out. Anyone who tells me Super Bowl 40 wasn't rigged can kiss my behind. What's better for the NFL to have the Steelers get #5, the Bus gets a ring, etc?
quote
Eibon send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Eibon
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 112
Location:
#36
Posted: 1/4/2007 7:51:25 PM
If it isn't rigged, how did the Patriots suddenly get great after 9/11?  They were a losing team the year before and had almost all the same players from that year... and the same coach.

If it isn't rigged how do you explain horrible call after horrible call in last year's Super Bowl?  One or 2 bad calls, sure... but SO many against Seattle.  It was obvious that the league wanted Pittsburgh to win it.

It just seems like pro wrestling sometimes.  Like how some teams don't win for so long and then BAM they are winning it all.  Denver got 2 before Elway retired.  Green Bay got one because they haven't won it in awhile. 

The Rams move to St Louis and get one shortly thereafter, while the Oilers never made one, moved, and went to one. 

Cleveland never went to a SB, then Modell moves to Baltimore and suddenly gets his ring.
quote
Kaiser-Sose send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Kaiser-Sose
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 65
Location:
#37
Posted: 1/4/2007 8:17:43 PM
To say the NFL is rigged and the U.S government planned 911 is a joke. First the NFL. Do you relize how many people would have to be in on the so called rigging of the games. This would have to be planned from the beginning of the year with the refs involved and certain players from each team. This thread isn't about rigging certain games but the whole league in order to get these so called teams above into the playoffs. How do you keep this quiet? How do convince million dollar players to follow along with the plan.  I assume that everyone that the NFL asks to go along with rigging games didn't say yes. How do you keep them quiet when their in it for a championship that they know they can't win? Can a ref determine the outcome of 1 game. Maybe. Can they determine the outcome every game they wanted to. NO. Could they pay off a QB, sure, Is he going to make millions when his contract expires if he sucks. Nope. Does Grossman not care about his future and is willing to throw a couple games in the first full season he has played instead of playing for a contract? After McNabb went down, they must have really shelled out alot of money to Carolina, Wash, Giants, Cowboys and Atl in order for them to lose and then inturn paid off the Cowboys so the Giants could get in and play the Eagles. Do you think the executives where high fiving after that saying, "that was a close one" In order to get the Cheifs in because it's so important for everyone to see them play the Colts (who cares), they must have shelled out huge bucks. The reason Brees went to the Saints is because he has shoulder surgery and the Chargers had Rivers and had to make a decision. Is it possible they didn't think his shoulder was going to be the same when he came back, with a replacement they thought was viable and not that they paid the Chargers to let him go? Was it a mistake for Houston to take Williams over Bush, probably but they made a stupid decision and good RB's in this league are not exactly hard to come by. It's called mediocrity. Players fumble, QB's throw Int. The teams nowadays are so evenly matched that one break, bad play etc causes a team to lose and we don't have to blame it on rigging. So the NFL made the Patriots win the superbowl because of the name of their team? I could give two sh%ts about the Patriots. How much did it cost the NFL to make it snow in the Pat's/Oak playoff game. Let's get real. And about the US causing 911, you must have watched that documentary online with the scary music and mystery planes landing in Cleveland. As I watched it I admit that I was intriged but there are plenty of sites online that discount that video point by point. It's not up to the government to prove they didn't do it. To even think they would blow up the Pentagon and the Twin Towers is just assanine and impossible to cover it up.Yes IMPOSSIBLE. Too many people would have been involved. Maybe the NFL did it so that the Patriots could win the SuperBowl but why wouldn't it have been the Giants . MLB couldn't even get the Yankees to win the World Series that year right there in NY.
quote
dnguyen59 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
dnguyen59
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 3249
Location: Oregon
#38
Posted: 1/4/2007 9:31:07 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by blimp:

ya gotta be on the right side of the FIX.



quote
Titan65 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Titan65
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 10782
Location: New York
#39
Posted: 1/4/2007 9:44:05 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Kaiser-Sose:

To say the NFL is rigged and the U.S government planned 911 is a joke. First the NFL. Do you relize how many people would have to be in on the so called rigging of the games. This would have to be planned from the beginning of the year with the refs involved and certain players from each team. This thread isn't about rigging certain games but the whole league in order to get these so called teams above into the playoffs. How do you keep this quiet? How do convince million dollar players to follow along with the plan.  I assume that everyone that the NFL asks to go along with rigging games didn't say yes. How do you keep them quiet when their in it for a championship that they know they can't win? Can a ref determine the outcome of 1 game. Maybe. Can they determine the outcome every game they wanted to. NO. Could they pay off a QB, sure, Is he going to make millions when his contract expires if he sucks. Nope. Does Grossman not care about his future and is willing to throw a couple games in the first full season he has played instead of playing for a contract? After McNabb went down, they must have really shelled out alot of money to Carolina, Wash, Giants, Cowboys and Atl in order for them to lose and then inturn paid off the Cowboys so the Giants could get in and play the Eagles. Do you think the executives where high fiving after that saying, "that was a close one" In order to get the Cheifs in because it's so important for everyone to see them play the Colts (who cares), they must have shelled out huge bucks. The reason Brees went to the Saints is because he has shoulder surgery and the Chargers had Rivers and had to make a decision. Is it possible they didn't think his shoulder was going to be the same when he came back, with a replacement they thought was viable and not that they paid the Chargers to let him go? Was it a mistake for Houston to take Williams over Bush, probably but they made a stupid decision and good RB's in this league are not exactly hard to come by. It's called mediocrity. Players fumble, QB's throw Int. The teams nowadays are so evenly matched that one break, bad play etc causes a team to lose and we don't have to blame it on rigging. So the NFL made the Patriots win the superbowl because of the name of their team? I could give two sh%ts about the Patriots. How much did it cost the NFL to make it snow in the Pat's/Oak playoff game. Let's get real. And about the US causing 911, you must have watched that documentary online with the scary music and mystery planes landing in Cleveland. As I watched it I admit that I was intriged but there are plenty of sites online that discount that video point by point. It's not up to the government to prove they didn't do it. To even think they would blow up the Pentagon and the Twin Towers is just assanine and impossible to cover it up.Yes IMPOSSIBLE. Too many people would have been involved. Maybe the NFL did it so that the Patriots could win the SuperBowl but why wouldn't it have been the Giants . MLB couldn't even get the Yankees to win the World Series that year right there in NY.


1) In my opinion there's no shame in questioning 9/11.  Your attitude and candor towards the events are evident that you would blindly accept anything that occurs in front of your face even if there are gaping wounds in the event itself or the theory.  Nothing is impossible and for people to question the government whether they allowed the attacks to happen, turned a blind eye on them, or perpetrated the attacks itself is not only acceptable but highly difficult to avoid.  There is plenty of viable and reliable revisionist history that points out and uncovers that the government was aware of the Pearl Harbor attacks and offered no warning and little preparation to those that perished in the navy that day.

2) It didn't need to snow in New England for the game to be fixed.  In fact, Oakland could have very well won the game but won on a fluky field goal thus saving the NFL and which ever other entities that wanted a team named the Patriots in the Super Bowl.  In fact, they spruced up an old rule and switched around the meaning of it following the season in order to give the Pats the victory.  Oh, and never mind the fact that the Patriot defensive backs were allowed to manhandle those receivers in the Super Bowl.  Don't you recognize coincidences, especially those so conveniently exposed?

3) The Patriots are the obvious choice.  Judging by the governments appropriations for homeland security expenditures towards New York City and State, it is obvious no one gives a rip about New York.  Don't seem to recall rallying cries involving the blood of giants anywhere, so you know. 

4) Houston taking Williams over Bush stinks on many levels, including Charlie Casserly stepping down immediately following the pick.  They knew Dominick Davis and their offense was stagnant.  Why take a defensive player, especially a young, spotty end who no one had number one (no one reliable) on their draft boards?  Don't give me that Mel Kiper bullshit either. 
quote
YaMon send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
YaMon
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 11684
Location: Jamaica
#40
Posted: 1/4/2007 9:59:22 PM
quote
problemo2000 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
problemo2000
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 831
Location: Costa Rica
#41
Posted: 1/4/2007 10:18:44 PM
quote
Titan65 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Titan65
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 10782
Location: New York
#42
Posted: 1/4/2007 10:21:06 PM
quote
3rd & Long send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
3rd & Long
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4
Location:
#43
Posted: 1/4/2007 10:32:28 PM
Last years Super Bowl was the first time I ever considered a game & not a pointspread being given to a team. It only took a crew of officials to affect the outcome, and if you did it you sure would be keeping it quiet. I'd say more but they might be listening
quote
STL.BIGDAWG send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
STL.BIGDAWG
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 73
Location:
#44
Posted: 1/4/2007 10:39:21 PM
A REF CAN CALL A FLAG WHEN EVER HE IS TOLD TO.SO YA I AGREETHATS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.THE BENJAMINS
quote
TonyFavre9 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
TonyFavre9
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 93
Location:
#45
Posted: 1/4/2007 11:00:01 PM
quote
Allbutbroke send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Allbutbroke
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 4455
Location: Ontario
#46
Posted: 1/4/2007 11:33:06 PM

WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW

Schizophrenia (SKITS-oh-FREEN-ee-uh)---one of the most damaging of all mental disorders---causes its victims to lose touch with reality. They often begin to hear, see, or feel things that aren't really there (hallucinations) or become convinced of things that simply aren't true (delusions). In the paranoid form of this disorder, they develop delusions of persecution or personal grandeur. The first signs of paranoid schizophrenia usually surface between the ages of 15 and 34. There is no cure, but the disorder can be controlled with medications. Severe attacks may require hospitalization.

Causes

Better known as the rectal/cranial inversion.  The causes of schizophrenia are still under debate. A chemical imbalance in the brain seems to play a role, but the reason for the imbalance remains unclear. We do know that you're a bit more likely to become schizophrenic if you have a family member with the illness. Stress does not cause schizophrenia, but can make the symptoms worse. 

Signs/Symptoms

Schizophrenia usually develops gradually, although onset can be sudden. Friends and family often notice the first changes before the victim does. Among the signs are:

  • Confusion
  • Inability to make decisions
  • Hallucinations
  • Believing whole the NFL is rigged
  • Believing that if "you get this right" by picking a few NFL winners correctly it correlates to undeniable evidence that the NFL is rigged
  • Strange statements or behavior
  • Withdrawal from friends, work, or school
  • Neglect of personal hygiene
  • Anger
  • Indifference to the opinions of others
  • A tendency to argue
  • A conviction that you are better than others, or that people are out to get you
quote
Kaiser-Sose send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Kaiser-Sose
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 65
Location:
#47
Posted: 1/4/2007 11:54:02 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Titan65:



1) In my opinion there's no shame in questioning 9/11.  Your attitude and candor towards the events are evident that you would blindly accept anything that occurs in front of your face even if there are gaping wounds in the event itself or the theory.  Nothing is impossible and for people to question the government whether they allowed the attacks to happen, turned a blind eye on them, or perpetrated the attacks itself is not only acceptable but highly difficult to avoid.  There is plenty of viable and reliable revisionist history that points out and uncovers that the government was aware of the Pearl Harbor attacks and offered no warning and little preparation to those that perished in the navy that day.

2) It didn't need to snow in New England for the game to be fixed.  In fact, Oakland could have very well won the game but won on a fluky field goal thus saving the NFL and which ever other entities that wanted a team named the Patriots in the Super Bowl.  In fact, they spruced up an old rule and switched around the meaning of it following the season in order to give the Pats the victory.  Oh, and never mind the fact that the Patriot defensive backs were allowed to manhandle those receivers in the Super Bowl.  Don't you recognize coincidences, especially those so conveniently exposed?

3) The Patriots are the obvious choice.  Judging by the governments appropriations for homeland security expenditures towards New York City and State, it is obvious no one gives a rip about New York.  Don't seem to recall rallying cries involving the blood of giants anywhere, so you know. 

4) Houston taking Williams over Bush stinks on many levels, including Charlie Casserly stepping down immediately following the pick.  They knew Dominick Davis and their offense was stagnant.  Why take a defensive player, especially a young, spotty end who no one had number one (no one reliable) on their draft boards?  Don't give me that Mel Kiper bullshit either. 
 
 
1. As far as the governmet comment, there is only one fact that I don't believe, I think the third plane got shot down and not overrun by the passangers, this was covered up for understandable reasons. Shooting down a passanger jet is not a good move to rally the people.  Were they looking for a reason to go to war, I would say so. Did they know it was comming, according to the documets found afterwards, Yes. Did they physically plant bombs in the buildings or shoot a missle into the Pentagon, No, that is ridiculous and its the only part that the conspericy guys hang their hat on. I think it's obvious that we were looking to start a fight and it's a pretty known fact that the government knew it was comming so I dont' think you can call that part a conspericy. I am not a Rep or Dem, I'm a realist. I'm really not sure how you can disprove something that never happened.  So many people would have had to been in on it, not just government people, it would have leaked. For christ sakes, we have cell phone footage of Saddam a day after it happened. And to that, Bring the Boys Home
 
2. There is no way that the refs could think that fast on their feet to pull out a rule that wasn't there in order to let the Pats win. If I remember it correctly, he made a decisive call quickly which tells me that he knew the rule and he just enforced it. I totally disagree with the call but that was the rule. There are rule books and analysts read it right on the air.
 
3. I don't know how to reply because it's not fixed
 
4.I agree that Bush is the better player but RB's in this league are a dime a dozen compared to DE. He was a combine freak and that makes the GM's wet. It never equates to making the right pick but you see it every year some guy who runs a fast 40 and can jump over a building, gets drafted high and doesn't amount to much. I won't make my decision for a little bit because 1 year's not enough. Besides many things, the Texans need an offensive line more than a RB.
 
You are picking out one, one thousanth of the scenerio that has to happen, in order to fix a season.
(Disclaimer on the last SB, that might have been fixed)

 
quote
Wizerguy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Wynn Las Vegas |
Wizerguy
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 12512
Location: Barbados
#48
Posted: 1/5/2007 12:10:28 AM
quote
Titan65 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Titan65
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 10782
Location: New York
#49
Posted: 1/5/2007 12:11:49 AM
1) You can call foreknowledge a conspiracy because no one has ever brought it up.  They ALLOWED it to happen.  Come on now.  The WTC was sold months before the attacks.  NYC was looking to shore up the buildings.  Weird mandatory power outages with "maintenance workers" rummaging through the building up to a week prior to the attacks.  Strange explosions.  I could go on and on, but I'd be talking to a wall.  Research it yourself just for fun.  You don't need to believe all of it (I don't) but you can at least surprise yourself.

The execution footage was leaked because it was bound to happen and do you really think a bunch of shiites were going to frisk one another for cell phone cameras?  Why didn't anyone try to stop him?  Oh, I don't know, because someone WANTED us to see it.  What a joke that whole thing was.

2) These refs have an innate understanding and knowledge of the rule book.  They could bullshit with the best, also.  If the play called for it then the call was going to be there and be right on the nose.

3) Just agree with me .

4) You mean a running back who was on pace for 100 receptions?  A running back who causes defenses multi-dimensional problems?  You mean a guy who can cut up turf like a friggin knife through butter?  Oh sure, I'd take some standardized defensive end over a once-in-a-lifetime sort of talent.  Why not?  It was all wretched and stunk from the moment the news that Houston was taking Williams the Thursday before the draft. 

You act like the game is decided solely on the field and not in the referee crew's brains, the corporate offices, or the TV ratings.  If you don't think there are highly influential forces at play then you are plain crazy.

At least we know the Seahawks were robbed, though. 
quote
simmsavs send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
simmsavs
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 13049
Location: Saskatchewan
#50
Posted: 1/5/2007 12:34:26 AM
you'll probably go 2-2 with those picks, and still make money

quote
Forum Index : The Archives : Messages Page 2 of 6 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.