Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Politics] Topic: Good riddance to Mitt Romney
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 20380
Location: United States
#26
Posted: 11/11/2012 10:42:42 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:




rick is not your average rightwinger.

He uses his smarts and falls into the Libertarian category for sure. 


i wasn't referring to rick at all.  post 22 is a different story. 
quote
TheGoldenGoose
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
TheGoldenGoose
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 21680
Location: Belize
#27
Posted: 11/11/2012 11:13:43 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ClubDirt:



i wasn't referring to rick at all.  post 22 is a different story. 



Yes, of course. 

Killer_B : Do you not realize that General Petraeus is a Republican?
quote
SarasotaSlim send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SarasotaSlim
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 21445
Location: United States
#28
Posted: 11/11/2012 11:23:46 PM
Yes,Gen.Petraeus is a Jon Huntsman kind of Republican ..
quote
TheGoldenGoose
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
TheGoldenGoose
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 21680
Location: Belize
#29
Posted: 11/11/2012 11:42:55 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:

Yes,Gen.Petraeus is a Jon Huntsman kind of Republican ..



YES!!!

Exactly!!!

And THAT is the kind of Republican that can actually WIN an election.

Republicans cannot see this, but outsiders like myself can see it plain as day. 
quote
rick3117 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14208
Location:
#30
Posted: 11/12/2012 12:27:01 AM
Not really viable as the evangelicals have taken about 25% of the GOP over.

Also he has been doing "wet work" for over a decade.Well, not really doing it, but definitely overseeing it. Too much baggage. I am sure that he has a resume that makes the Iran contra look like Sunday tea after church.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
Stiln send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Stiln
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 6410
Location: Maryland
#31
Posted: 11/12/2012 12:28:17 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rick3117:

Not really viable as the evangelicals have taken about 25% of the GOP over.

Also he has been doing "wet work" for over a decade.Well, not really doing it, but definitely overseeing it. Too much baggage. I am sure that he has a resume that makes the Iran contra look like Sunday tea after church.


You guys need a William F Buckley......
quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4097
Location: Greece
#32
Posted: 11/12/2012 3:18:25 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by don juan:

Agree, I really disliked this man for his greed, and boldface lies, but especially for his insensitivy toward the working people..

 He actually spoke from the heart when he said, " I like to fire people" and when he said. "  Where your money is, is where you heart is " off shore !.



Really, cause Obama effectively just fired almost everyone in the coal industry or at least numbered their days.


quote
don juan
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
don juan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 4807
Location: Florida
#33
Posted: 11/12/2012 6:55:10 AM

Maybe it's time for them to transfer to another area for work. The new jobs will be in the natural gas areas. So maybe they can transfer, or just move to another state.

Many people in my family had to up-root and move to where the next job was. In fact, I moved to another state. My neice just up-rooted her whole family and moved to Hawaii, from New England.

Many years ago I met a woman on an airplane who was moving from Wash,D.C to San Francisco to a new job. She was single and did not have any friends or family in the San fran area.. That took some guts.

We all have to adjust to changing times.

quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4097
Location: Greece
#34
Posted: 11/12/2012 11:51:56 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by don juan:

Maybe it's time for them to transfer to another area for work. The new jobs will be in the natural gas areas. So maybe they can transfer, or just move to another state.

Many people in my family had to up-root and move to where the next job was. In fact, I moved to another state. My neice just up-rooted her whole family and moved to Hawaii, from New England.

Many years ago I met a woman on an airplane who was moving from Wash,D.C to San Francisco to a new job. She was single and did not have any friends or family in the San fran area.. That took some guts.

We all have to adjust to changing times.



Don, that makes sense but who is he to force everyone to do that in the industry just because he decided its time?

How many other jobs are there really? Are we not in a recession? Why, does he decide to force them out in the midst of the economic climate we are in?

Perhaps he is too full of himself and is more concerned about how he looks in the history book than he is of the citizens.
quote
Killer_B send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Killer_B
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3401
Location: Arizona
#35
Posted: 11/12/2012 11:03:35 PM
Goose, I don't care that Petraeus is a Republican or not. If your in the "scope" of an FBI investigation and your in a position like his, it supposed to go right to the top. He doesn't even have to be the "focus", just the "scope". How about some accountability, it's just another cover-up.

I don't knee jerk to (R) or (D) for what party the individual belongs to, wrong is wrong. It's either approve or disapprove.That's so unlike the lefties, Obama is awesome in their (your) eyes. He's corrupt as the day is long but hey, he's yours so it's cool. Scandal after scandal and noone holds him accountable. I just don't roll that way. 

For example, GWB gave $64B to AIDS in Africa. wtf for a preventable disease — he pissed away $64B in 8 years. Ridiculous.


quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.