Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 3 of 6 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
Author: [Politics] Topic: What did we learn
Slovak send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Slovak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 10868
Location: Indiana
#51
Posted: 11/7/2012 2:39:12 PM
I learned that you can pinpoint where the crime in the United States is at county by county by the color blue.
quote
CanadaCup
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
CanadaCup
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8124
Location: Canada
#52
Posted: 11/7/2012 2:40:45 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Slovak:

I learned that you can pinpoint where the crime in the United States is at county by county by the color blue.

quote
Slovak send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Slovak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 10868
Location: Indiana
#53
Posted: 11/7/2012 2:46:04 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by kaponofor3:

I do think it is strange that 93% of "blacks" according to NBC last night voted for Obama. That's not a whole lot of ideological diversity within a specific "ethnic" group. GOP has done a terrible job on that front (i.e. expanding their base) and got their behind handed to them last night as a direct result.

The GOP needs to drop the social conservatives and embrace and become the party of fiscal conservatism and personal individual liberty. Get your hands out of my pocketbook, and oh yeah, get your hands out of my bedroom too.

THAT is a winning ideology.


90+% of Blacks were expected to vote Obama anyways because of him being a democrat. Does anyone have a breakdown of how many Blacks actually voted this time around as compared to 2008 and the previous elections? I would imagine that the increase in Black vote was in the millions in 2008.

I would expect if Hilary runs in 2016 that the Black turnout won't be anywhere near as high.
quote
CanadaCup
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
CanadaCup
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8124
Location: Canada
#54
Posted: 11/7/2012 2:57:25 PM

I learned that the U.S. needs more polling stations. I realize that they are almost 10 times the population, but surely the challenges of running polling stations isn't much different than in Canada. I hear of people that waited hours in line to vote, that's completely nuts! I don't think I've ever had to line up to vote in Canada. Walk into the polling station and you're done voting in under five minutes.They should siphon off the billions spent on election ads and update the voting process to make it quicker for people to participate.

quote
ApocalypseLater send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ApocalypseLater
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 4260
Location:
#55
Posted: 11/7/2012 3:00:53 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Slovak:

I learned that you can pinpoint where the crime in the United States is at county by county by the color blue.



well played!


quote
cts99 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cts99
Participation Meter
Covers Rehab
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 770
Location:
#56
Posted: 11/7/2012 3:14:14 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Slovak:



90+% of Blacks were expected to vote Obama anyways because of him being a democrat. Does anyone have a breakdown of how many Blacks actually voted this time around as compared to 2008 and the previous elections? I would imagine that the increase in Black vote was in the millions in 2008.

I would expect if Hilary runs in 2016 that the Black turnout won't be anywhere near as high.
Quit trying to be politically correct if obama was a republican they would vote for them.Spend 12 year in a black district in a major city then you will know the black culture looks at things.Just because most of you know a few blacks you think you are experts.
quote
Slovak send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Slovak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 10868
Location: Indiana
#57
Posted: 11/7/2012 3:32:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by cts99:

Quit trying to be politically correct if obama was a republican they would vote for them.Spend 12 year in a black district in a major city then you will know the black culture looks at things.Just because most of you know a few blacks you think you are experts.


If you think I am being politically correct, I suggest you re read my statement. I am basically said what you are trying to explain.
quote
Slovak send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Slovak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 10868
Location: Indiana
#58
Posted: 11/7/2012 3:35:32 PM
I am basically saying is what I meant top say. I also brought up about a black Republican earlier.
quote
mattbrot send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mattbrot
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5723
Location: United States
#59
Posted: 11/7/2012 3:39:01 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by cts99:

Quit trying to be politically correct if obama was a republican they would vote for them.Spend 12 year in a black district in a major city then you will know the black culture looks at things.Just because most of you know a few blacks you think you are experts.


CTS -- Ok so please explain why blacks have always voted democratic at a 93ish +/- clip? 

I agree that many more, in absolute terms, probably voted because of Obama but that still does not change the fact that they ALWAYS vote for the democrat either way.
quote
ApocalypseLater send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ApocalypseLater
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 4260
Location:
#60
Posted: 11/7/2012 3:39:43 PM
CTS and Slovak... agree with you completely... this is not hating on blacks... this is a very clear observation of reality...
quote
ApocalypseLater send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ApocalypseLater
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 4260
Location:
#61
Posted: 11/7/2012 3:42:16 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mattbrot:



CTS -- Ok so please explain why blacks have always voted democratic at a 93ish +/- clip? 

I agree that many more, in absolute terms, probably voted because of Obama but that still does not change the fact that they ALWAYS vote for the democrat either way.



Matt, i only ask this to provoke thought... answer me this:


do you believe, if Barrack Obama had been running on the Republican ticket against a white male Democrat... that 95% would have still voted for the Democrat?

do you think even 30% would have?
quote
mattbrot send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mattbrot
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5723
Location: United States
#62
Posted: 11/7/2012 3:44:29 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ApocalypseLater:

CTS and Slovak... agree with you completely... this is not hating on blacks... this is a very clear observation of reality...


Again -- I do not understand. They vote democrat anyways. It is nothing new.

Now many might of voted for Obama if he was republican (I agree with that) but guess what.... he was not republican and so it is a null argument and speculation.  I am willing to bet a lot of money that there are also many white people out there who had no chance in hell of voting for the democrats simply because of Obama's color.  But to use my other argument, these people would probably always vote republican anyways
quote
mattbrot send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mattbrot
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5723
Location: United States
#63
Posted: 11/7/2012 3:45:51 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ApocalypseLater:




Matt, i only ask this to provoke thought... answer me this:


do you believe, if Barrack Obama had been running on the Republican ticket against a white male Democrat... that 95% would have still voted for the Democrat?

do you think even 30% would have?


I agree (see my post above that was written at the same time as yours) but I have no idea what the breakdown would be.
quote
slikstiks99 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
slikstiks99
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5736
Location: Zambia
#64
Posted: 11/7/2012 3:54:11 PM
Typical idiot post CTS.

We're only 2-3 generations removed from the civil rights era.

You think it is racism behind why blacks don't want to vote for the man with the silver spoon THAT SAID HE DIDN'T CARE ABOUT THEM.

I actually don't think you are that stupid to believe such nonsense.
quote
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13381
Location: United States
#65
Posted: 11/7/2012 4:01:36 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by CanadaCup:

It's rudimentary policy genius obviously you don't have an M.B.A. djbrow but you're debating with one that does.

I'm sure that MBA degree helped you make the argument that Obama is bad for the market when it has increased 60% since he was President.

quote
cts99 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cts99
Participation Meter
Covers Rehab
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 770
Location:
#66
Posted: 11/7/2012 4:35:44 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mattbrot:



CTS -- Ok so please explain why blacks have always voted democratic at a 93ish +/- clip? 

I agree that many more, in absolute terms, probably voted because of Obama but that still does not change the fact that they ALWAYS vote for the democrat either way.
There is about 14 million registered black voters check the pct of black votes before in the elections 2008 that will give the answer you do not want to here
quote
cts99 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cts99
Participation Meter
Covers Rehab
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 770
Location:
#67
Posted: 11/7/2012 4:39:19 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by slikstiks99:

Typical idiot post CTS.

We're only 2-3 generations removed from the civil rights era.

You think it is racism behind why blacks don't want to vote for the man with the silver spoon THAT SAID HE DIDN'T CARE ABOUT THEM.

I actually don't think you are that stupid to believe such nonsense.
I can tell you have never spent any time aroud the black commuity. Ever had some blacks to your place for dinner or hang out with any blacks. There view of the world is not like yours.
quote
mattbrot send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mattbrot
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5723
Location: United States
#68
Posted: 11/7/2012 4:43:24 PM
CTS -- It has nothing to do with wanting to hear it or not. I am just trying to say that blacks vote democrat either way and always have. Of course more prob voted this time around but it is what it is...

And as I said earlier, if it was possible to prove, then I would guarantee and would be willing to bet a huge chunk of money that a good portion of typically republican voting whites either did not vote for the dems or specifically voted for the repubs based primarily on Obamas skin color.
quote
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13381
Location: United States
#69
Posted: 11/7/2012 4:49:52 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by cts99:

I can tell you have never spent any time aroud the black commuity. Ever had some blacks to your place for dinner or hang out with any blacks. There view of the world is not like yours.

Post 13???

quote
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13381
Location: United States
#70
Posted: 11/7/2012 4:52:25 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Slovak:

I learned that you can pinpoint where the crime in the United States is at county by county by the color blue.

Not by emperical evidence.

quote
CanadaCup
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
CanadaCup
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8124
Location: Canada
#71
Posted: 11/7/2012 5:19:43 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

I'm sure that MBA degree helped you make the argument that Obama is bad for the market when it has increased 60% since he was President.

Today is the worst one day lost for the Dow Jones in 2012! So you're point is irrelevant. Obama's policies will drive the American economy further into the ground and the debt will rise to $32 trillion under his watch. American's like what they saw in Obama. Now it's time to reap what they sow.

The start of the Obama financial nightmare (Part II)

 

quote
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13381
Location: United States
#72
Posted: 11/7/2012 5:26:29 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by CanadaCup:

Today is the worst one day lost for the Dow Jones in 2012! So you're point is irrelevant. Obama's policies will drive the American economy further into the ground and the debt will rise to $32 trillion under his watch. American's like what they saw in Obama. Now it's time to reap what they sow.

The start of the Obama financial nightmare (Part II)

 

Your quote:

but explain to me why the Dow is down by over 300 points if Obama was such a good choice for Americans? That big loss affects many Americans who have mutual funds and stocks in their 401k's. Business is what drives every economy and provides every cent of revenue to the IRS.

The Dow on January 1, 2008: 8776.39

The Dow on November 7, 2012: 12,932.73

Intellect and reason is apparently not your strongsuit.

quote
CanadaCup
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
CanadaCup
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8124
Location: Canada
#73
Posted: 11/7/2012 5:56:06 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

Your quote:

but explain to me why the Dow is down by over 300 points if Obama was such a good choice for Americans? That big loss affects many Americans who have mutual funds and stocks in their 401k's. Business is what drives every economy and provides every cent of revenue to the IRS.

The Dow on January 1, 2008: 8776.39

The Dow on November 7, 2012: 12,932.73

Intellect and reason is apparently not your strongsuit.

Keep swallowing the deceit hook, line & sinker. 

quote
EastOakland send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
EastOakland
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3770
Location: California
#74
Posted: 11/7/2012 6:22:03 PM

The reason so many blacks vote for Democrats is the same reason they are voting for Obama. Democrats have always wanted the money to be divided, more welfare programs, tax the middle class and rich, and have more union jobs. Of course 90% of blacks voted for Obama, but regardless what way you look at it...it's still horrible. They didnt like Herman Cane because he is a hardworking black who is against all of this socialist leberalism bullshit.

At the end of the day, YOU are the one who decides your fate not Mr. Obama and not Mitt Romney. Yes it would be better if Mitt won because corporations and small businesses would do much better, but you still have to work hard and hope for a change. If you depend on the government too much you will get no where unless you like foodstamps.

I grew up in the black community and I love black girls, so I have been around blacks a lot. I will tell you this, their community is a terrible disaster. Here in Oakland we have well over 100 homicides already with more than half of those being black on black crime. They need a leader that will guide them in the right direction because right now they are following people that is saying their behavior is okay like Jessie Jackson. It's honestly the sad truth and Mr Obama is now saying that these people deserve government checks. FOR WHAT? Committing crimes daily, having children with different fathers, and yelling on AC transit obnoxiously. While I was in jail there were many blacks that say Im embarrased to be black sometimes. They dont want to change and now they have the president saying its okay.

quote
Crusher13 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Crusher13
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3941
Location: Texas
#75
Posted: 11/7/2012 6:26:22 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by CanadaCup:

Today is the worst one day lost for the Dow Jones in 2012! So you're point is irrelevant. Obama's policies will drive the American economy further into the ground and the debt will rise to $32 trillion under his watch. American's like what they saw in Obama. Now it's time to reap what they sow.

The start of the Obama financial nightmare (Part II)

 

Fully agree.

 DJ, after only 1 day, market takes a 300 point hit, 100 in first minute, 200 by second. Hopefully, it doesn't start taking a dive and heads into another recession. For everybody's sake That would only reinforce what a disaster last night might  turn into regrettfully

As for Apopcalypse. I strongly believed offshore $$ drove lines up/down. yes, I obvviously got suckered into all that + money but.......I am to blame for not understanding ALL the diverse voters feeelings toward Romney I overlooked the "favorite" status. I undervalued BHO's effective campaign tactics of deciet, fake "War on Women" and repeatedly, impuning MR's fine very successful  reputation Overlooked them all, guess I was smart enough to see through the lies myself

Furthermore, I didn't realize how effective his message was to the easily misguided, uneducated masses who  were obviously "stupid and lazy" AND whom probably still thought the economy was BUSH's fault. Yes, I fully underestimated how voters didn't look at his extremely poor job performance and still VOTED for him I gave them way too much credit thru my own eyes that they "would" see what EVERYBODY in the whole world sees. Benghazi, Fast & Furious, Massive debt, class warfare warrior

Like the day Moses went up to Sinai and returned to see all the heathen engaging in all their glorious debauchery(  CO, WA, and MINN) God sentenced that generation to languish for 40 years till they found that green fruitful patch of Earth, let us only hope it doesn't take half that long to return it's once great moral Foundings  PRINCIPLES and bearings. If this is some new so called "real america" it's definitely NOT what I have ever experienced in my some 4 decades

Sorry guys for the religious diatribe but....this is eerily reminiscent of Charlton Heston's scene from 12 Commandments
quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 3 of 6 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.