Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 1 of 6  1 2 3 4 5   »
Author: [Politics] Topic: What did we learn
cts99 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cts99
Participation Meter
Covers Rehab
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 770
Location:
#1
Posted: 11/7/2012 11:15:05 AM
The ecomny was not the main issues except in a few states. We learned that young people want a new direction for the country(there moving back home at record levels)  We found out being popular is more important than being competent. We also learned that black america are the most rascist people in are society( they voted for obama because he was black no doubt)If romney got 91% of the white vote cnn and msnbc would being playing the race card  all day.We also learned that the deficit, is not a major concern for most americans.We found in two 2 states that drugs are more important that anything else.We found out that women that are single or divorced are more interested in good time and  a party thnt there pocketbook the numbers are well over 50%.. I also noticed that people in NV are ok with the hightest unemployment rate in the nation and the home foreclosure rate thur the roof.Well my trip to the casinos, will be to the state of la, instead of vegas.I hope americans realize that there incomes are going to go down. INFLATION, state and city and county taxes will clime( someone has to pay for the social programs and govt retirements that are broke in most states).I voted for obama in 2008 not this time.I think america made a mistake last night, I pray that i am wrong.
quote
kaponofor3 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
kaponofor3
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 35060
Location: California
#2
Posted: 11/7/2012 11:23:40 AM
We learned that Romney terrible candidate and that the changing demographics in the country meant more than the GOP expected.

That's it in my mind.
quote
kaponofor3 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
kaponofor3
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 35060
Location: California
#3
Posted: 11/7/2012 11:25:04 AM
I do think it is strange that 93% of "blacks" according to NBC last night voted for Obama. That's not a whole lot of ideological diversity within a specific "ethnic" group. GOP has done a terrible job on that front (i.e. expanding their base) and got their behind handed to them last night as a direct result.

The GOP needs to drop the social conservatives and embrace and become the party of fiscal conservatism and personal individual liberty. Get your hands out of my pocketbook, and oh yeah, get your hands out of my bedroom too.

THAT is a winning ideology.
quote
Slovak send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Slovak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 10899
Location: Indiana
#4
Posted: 11/7/2012 11:28:12 AM
Don't Blacks normally vote Democrat anyways? It would interesting to see a Black Republican run next term.
quote
don juan
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
don juan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 4854
Location: Florida
#5
Posted: 11/7/2012 11:29:47 AM

I disagree cts 99. We learned that we cannot let people suffer, they need American jobs, not Chinese. And we can give the assistance until we get those jobs back. We learned that bending the truth doesn't get you elected.

Black people are not the most racist people, it's just that they have seen injustice for centuries, and they want change. I'm not a black person but I don't blame them for wanting at least one black president out of 44.

Just as in the election 4 years ago. More college educated people voted for Obama, I think the same results will come in this time.

Home prices are coming back, stock market is up, gas is down, unemployment is coming down.

My Mother-in-law just told me that she didn't not pray for Obama to win, she prayed for the best man to win.

quote
don juan
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
don juan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 4854
Location: Florida
#6
Posted: 11/7/2012 11:33:21 AM
Check that. I believe it's one black president out of 33 not 44, some where relected.
quote
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13522
Location: United States
#7
Posted: 11/7/2012 11:42:50 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by kaponofor3:

I do think it is strange that 93% of "blacks" according to NBC last night voted for Obama. That's not a whole lot of ideological diversity within a specific "ethnic" group. GOP has done a terrible job on that front (i.e. expanding their base) and got their behind handed to them last night as a direct result.

The GOP needs to drop the social conservatives and embrace and become the party of fiscal conservatism and personal individual liberty. Get your hands out of my pocketbook, and oh yeah, get your hands out of my bedroom too.

THAT is a winning ideology.

I'd vote for that candidate.

Amazing that Republicans cannot figure that out considering they just lost handily to a president with 8% unemployment and a less than 50% approval rating.

quote
cts99 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cts99
Participation Meter
Covers Rehab
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 770
Location:
#8
Posted: 11/7/2012 11:48:52 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by don juan:

I disagree cts 99. We learned that we cannot let people suffer, they need American jobs, not Chinese. And we can give the assistance until we get those jobs back. We learned that bending the truth doesn't get you elected.

Black people are not the most racist people, it's just that they have seen injustice for centuries, and they want change. I'm not a black person but I don't blame them for wanting at least one black president out of 44.

Just as in the election 4 years ago. More college educated people voted for Obama, I think the same results will come in this time.

Home prices are coming back, stock market is up, gas is down, unemployment is coming down.

My Mother-in-law just told me that she didn't not pray for Obama to win, she prayed for the best man to win.

Let tell you that is hogwash they are racist they voted for obama because he was black not the issues,For once in your life be honest. You think blacks in the history of the world were the only ones that got hammered, When this country got going the chinese were slaves and worked like dogs. You dont here them crying 96 tears.Wake up and smell the coffee. I deal with the truth not fantasy.
quote
EastOakland send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
EastOakland
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3829
Location: California
#9
Posted: 11/7/2012 11:51:06 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by cts99:

The ecomny was not the main issues except in a few states. We learned that young people want a new direction for the country(there moving back home at record levels)  We found out being popular is more important than being competent. We also learned that black america are the most rascist people in are society( they voted for obama because he was black no doubt)If romney got 91% of the white vote cnn and msnbc would being playing the race card  all day.We also learned that the deficit, is not a major concern for most americans.We found in two 2 states that drugs are more important that anything else.We found out that women that are single or divorced are more interested in good time and  a party thnt there pocketbook the numbers are well over 50%.. I also noticed that people in NV are ok with the hightest unemployment rate in the nation and the home foreclosure rate thur the roof.Well my trip to the casinos, will be to the state of la, instead of vegas.I hope americans realize that there incomes are going to go down. INFLATION, state and city and county taxes will clime( someone has to pay for the social programs and govt retirements that are broke in most states).I voted for obama in 2008 not this time.I think america made a mistake last night, I pray that i am wrong.

What you said is 120% true.

quote
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13522
Location: United States
#10
Posted: 11/7/2012 11:51:06 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by cts99:

Let tell you that is hogwash they are racist they voted for obama because he was black not the issues,For once in your life be honest. You think blacks in the history of the world were the only ones that got hammered, When this country got going the chinese were slaves and worked like dogs. You dont here them crying 96 tears.Wake up and smell the coffee. I deal with the truth not fantasy.

What about the whites that have only voted for white candidates?

quote
cts99 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cts99
Participation Meter
Covers Rehab
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 770
Location:
#11
Posted: 11/7/2012 12:02:20 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

What about the whites that have only voted for white candidates?

You are right but not at 91% clip and 96 clip in 2008,i am open minded i vote for the man not his color or party,can most say that.
quote
EastOakland send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
EastOakland
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3829
Location: California
#12
Posted: 11/7/2012 12:05:53 PM
Many whites believed in Obama last time, but they know he wont get it done this time. Blacks voted for Obama because he is BLACK and because he supports socialism and is okay with welfare. Hispanics like Obama because he supports bringing all of them over here and letting them go to schools. It all then falls on the hardworking middle class and rich to pay for these lazy person. Anyone who says blacks didnt vote for obama because he is black are completely senile and need to jump off a cliff.
quote
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13522
Location: United States
#13
Posted: 11/7/2012 12:06:46 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by cts99:

You are right but not at 91% clip and 96 clip in 2008,i am open minded i vote for the man not his color or party,can most say that.

Well....

let's assume for one moment you are right that some blacks voted for Obama due to race. Think about this....blacks vote Dem about 90%. So if Obama received 95% of the black vote, your theory would be that 5% of blacks voted for him simply based on race.

I would suggest that at least 5% of whites do the same. Thus my original point remains...what about whites?

quote
EastOakland send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
EastOakland
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3829
Location: California
#14
Posted: 11/7/2012 12:07:56 PM

The 6% of blacks who voted for Romney are the rappers, athletes, and rich black people secretly because they dont want to pay anymore taxes.

quote
CanadaCup
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
CanadaCup
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8210
Location: Canada
#15
Posted: 11/7/2012 12:08:18 PM

I'm so glad that everyone can find a nugget of greatness in the last four years of economic digression in America. The U.S. debt "CLIFF" just accelerated. When the national debt races past the $16 trillion figure, the lending bodies raise the interest rates and increasingly refuse to lend more, the Obama Administration will be forced to cut back massively on spending, whether it raises taxes on higher income earners or not. It will thus take the brunt of the "LEFT'S" anger as the vulnerable in society will not be able to avoid the consequences. Thank God in Canada we have a government that is managing expenditures rather than being addicted to them.

Obama Mania

quote
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13522
Location: United States
#16
Posted: 11/7/2012 12:08:37 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by EastOakland:

Many whites believed in Obama last time, but they know he wont get it done this time. Blacks voted for Obama because he is BLACK and because he supports socialism and is okay with welfare. Hispanics like Obama because he supports bringing all of them over here and letting them go to schools. It all then falls on the hardworking middle class and rich to pay for these lazy person. Anyone who says blacks didnt vote for obama because he is black are completely senile and need to jump off a cliff.

Thankfully you avoided qusi-racism and massive generalizations with your post.

Let me ask you this, however...

if Obama is the fault for the bad economy which has resulted in lower pay, higher debt, and less jobs, how can you fault anyone who is 'victim' to this?

quote
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13522
Location: United States
#17
Posted: 11/7/2012 12:09:37 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by CanadaCup:

I'm so glad that everyone can find a nugget of greatness in the last four years of economic digression in America. The U.S. debt "CLIFF" just accelerated. When the national debt races past the $16 trillion figure, the lending bodies raise the interest rates and increasingly refuse to lend more, the Obama Administration will be forced to cut back massively on spending, whether it raises taxes on higher income earners or not. It will thus take the brunt of the "LEFT'S" anger as the vulnerable in society will not be able to avoid the consequences. Thank God in Canada we have a government that is managing expenditures rather than being addicted to them.

Obama Mania

Thank God in Canada, you can have a defense budget that is 3% of your GNP as opposed to 30% since you have our military to protect you.

quote
EastOakland send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
EastOakland
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3829
Location: California
#18
Posted: 11/7/2012 12:12:31 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by CanadaCup:

I'm so glad that everyone can find a nugget of greatness in the last four years of economic digression in America. The U.S. debt "CLIFF" just accelerated. When the national debt races past the $16 trillion figure, the lending bodies raise the interest rates and increasingly refuse to lend more, the Obama Administration will be forced to cut back massively on spending, whether it raises taxes on higher income earners or not. It will thus take the brunt of the "LEFT'S" anger as the vulnerable in society will not be able to avoid the consequences. Thank God in Canada we have a government that is managing expenditures rather than being addicted to them.

Obama Mania

All intelligent people will move to Canada, after this country is ruined by lazy liberals.

quote
mattbrot send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mattbrot
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5808
Location: United States
#19
Posted: 11/7/2012 12:14:28 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by cts99:

Let tell you that is hogwash they are racist they voted for obama because he was black not the issues,For once in your life be honest. You think blacks in the history of the world were the only ones that got hammered, When this country got going the chinese were slaves and worked like dogs. You dont here them crying 96 tears.Wake up and smell the coffee. I deal with the truth not fantasy.


not sure this is completely correct. Historically blacks always vote for democrats at a 95 +/- rate.  So yes this does indicate that they do vote on issues.

It is true (or I assume it is true) that in absolute terms probably more blacks voted in the last two elections than in previous ones.
quote
EastOakland send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
EastOakland
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3829
Location: California
#20
Posted: 11/7/2012 12:15:04 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

Thankfully you avoided qusi-racism and massive generalizations with your post.

Let me ask you this, however...

if Obama is the fault for the bad economy which has resulted in lower pay, higher debt, and less jobs, how can you fault anyone who is 'victim' to this?

At the end of the day every man has to rely on themselves and not the government. Its just sad that Obama feels like it's fair that hardworking people have to pay more taxes because they have a bigger paycheck. That is ridiculous. Why should the rich pay more taxes? WHY WHY WHY WHY answer that question

quote
AcerRubrum
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
AcerRubrum
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2098
Location:
#21
Posted: 11/7/2012 12:21:36 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by kaponofor3:

I do think it is strange that 93% of "blacks" according to NBC last night voted for Obama. That's not a whole lot of ideological diversity within a specific "ethnic" group. GOP has done a terrible job on that front (i.e. expanding their base) and got their behind handed to them last night as a direct result.

The GOP needs to drop the social conservatives and embrace and become the party of fiscal conservatism and personal individual liberty. Get your hands out of my pocketbook, and oh yeah, get your hands out of my bedroom too.

THAT is a winning ideology.



quote
CanadaCup
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
CanadaCup
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8210
Location: Canada
#22
Posted: 11/7/2012 12:24:49 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

Thank God in Canada, you can have a defense budget that is 3% of your GNP as opposed to 30% since you have our military to protect you.

So you're calling Canada a freerider? Are you kidding me? Casualties in Afghanistan on a per capita basis have been much higher for Canadian soldiers than U.S. soldiers. Up until recently, Canada partipated in every single United Nations military mission. That was 50 years of international military participation. Almost no other OECD country comes even close. In fact, many European militaries have not been willing to do the hard combat that Canada has done in places like Afghanistan, and Bosnia. The Canadian navy and airforce makes significant contributions to miliary action all over the world. There are few other militaries in the world either in the past or in the present which particpate, particularly given the small size of Canada, as much in global military action, whether it be peace keeping or actions like Iraq or Afghanistan and in terms of training, skill and professionalism, the U.S. Army could learn a hell of lot from their Canadian counterparts.

quote
CanadaCup
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
CanadaCup
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8210
Location: Canada
#23
Posted: 11/7/2012 12:27:02 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by EastOakland:

All intelligent people will move to Canada, after this country is ruined by lazy liberals.

Good we need the very best are American counterparts have to offer.

quote
cts99 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cts99
Participation Meter
Covers Rehab
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 770
Location:
#24
Posted: 11/7/2012 12:27:33 PM
Since the beginng of time the poor haved cryed wolf and always blame the rich for there problems  and it may be true to a point,but these liberials would blame them if they wake up in the morning and there out of coffee.Stop the blame game and stand up and have guts.
quote
CalifDreamin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
CalifDreamin
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 5598
Location: Hawaii
#25
Posted: 11/7/2012 12:29:56 PM
My biggest problem with the whole "rich people paying more taxes to support the poor" is that most of the poor people do nothing to improve themselves and waste a huge portion of this "money theyre being given."
Its like getting paid unemployment. Ive knowb about fifteen people in my life who have gotten unemployment and you know what the first thing all fifteen people did when they got their first unemployment check is??? . . . . . . Quit looking for a job!!!!!

The american people are the problem here. Everybody wants to blame anyone else for their shitty position in life and now we have Obama standing up there saying "youre right! It is someone elses fault!!!!" As they blame bush, republicans stonewalling him, youre racist if you dont support him blah blah blah

Unfortunately the number of people looking for handouts has overtaken the number of people who wanna work for a living and its showing. Its only gonna get worse too.

Im a small business owner and ZERO of other small business owners like Obama, thats right . . . . ZERO!!!! But hey, my jobless buddy who smoked dope all day in his garage and my three family members who all get a monthly check from the govt (2 retired employee and one ex military) think he's awesome!!!

Go figure. . . .
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 1 of 6  1 2 3 4 5   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.