Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 3 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
Author: [Politics] Topic: "You didn't build that"
cd329 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cd329
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 18250
Location: United States
#51
Posted: 7/22/2012 12:42:27 PM

Yes you built your business, but without the stuff built before your business existed, you wouldnt have been able to build that business.

Why is this so hard for some of you to grasp? Do you want me to get the crayons or kiddies blocks out to make it easier for you to understand what he was saying.

Instead of always trying to twist things into what there not, start learning to understand what somebody is saying, not what you think they are saying.

The kings of spin, right wingers

 

Romeny a new direction, lmfaoooooo.

Romney will destroy small businesses like you have. The guy is only gonna create more loopholes for his fat cat rich friends to fleece the country out of more money.

I guess its true what they say, not every small business owner is bright

quote
Balph
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Balph
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 244
Location:
#52
Posted: 7/22/2012 1:49:13 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by cd329:

Balph, you might want to get your facts correct.

Corporations that are paying taxes and that is very few, are paying the lowest corporate rates after they use all the loopholes the scumbag politicians put in place for them in the last 60 years.

On top of that the majority of jobs for the corporations are now all overseas making products, which when they bring them back here dont pay any taxes on those products.

Most of the jobs corporations have here in our country are now low paying jobs.

So really balph, please enlighten all of us how coproations are so great and why we all should be bowing down to them.

I will stipulate that some companies pay lower taxes than others.  I already said GE pays no taxes.  Companies with the means to lobby and donate/bribe politicians can get a tax break custom made for them.  That is called Crony Capitalism which I am against.  Why don't you join the right wingers in supporting a flat tax?  That would eliminate the loopholes that you despise so much and everyone would pay their fair share.  

You need to stop corporations, because they have been the destruction of our country, but you right wingers are such sheep, you cant see it, even thou its jumping right out in front of you.


Give us a name of a corporation that you don't like.  You couldn't make it through one day without using the product or service made from an evil corporation, could you CD.  I'd like to see you try.  If you don't like corporations, boycott them. Make your own clothes. Grow your own food.  Travel by horse and buggy.  You'd be happier! ha ha ha

 

quote
cd329 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cd329
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 18250
Location: United States
#53
Posted: 7/22/2012 2:41:24 PM

You think GE is the only corporation not paying taxes? man you must be in a coma.

How about this Balph?  Get the politicians out of the corporations pockets and then lets have them start doing the jobs they were elected to do?  Which is representing the people.

If they would start getting tough with these corporations, instead of creating loophole after loophole to fill their pockets and garbage on our country in the process.

Its really funny to see you right wingers believing that if a Republican become the President the whole economy is suddenly gonna change and there will be jobs for everybody

I honestly dont know when you guys are going to awaken and realize that no President democrat or republican can save the countries economy because they dont have the power to do it. The corporations control every aspect of our economy and they control every politician.

Without jobs, our whole economy is in the tank and its the corporations that control the good paying jobs which make up the middle class. Without the middle class, our country is toast.

But until the politicians actually foot their foot down on these corporations {which they will never do} they are going to control the countries fate and thats a fact.

They are never going to give up 1 dollar a day slave labor to bring jobs back here.  Why would they do that?  They would be crazy to do that, since nobody is stopping them.

So you go right ahead believing the message corporations are telling you to believe, while they are laughing all the way to the bank. I certainly am not gonna change your mind, its something you have to figure out for yourselves.

quote
Balph
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Balph
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 244
Location:
#54
Posted: 7/22/2012 2:45:00 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by FrontRowCenter:


Obama definitely wants MORE in taxes.   The teleprompter was off, and it got him into trouble when he was saying what he felt.  

You are right!  Obama was in his own element and the crowd was agreeing to everything he said, goading him on and his true feeling showed itself.  As much as he would like to take it back, it is out there now.  No amount of spin can change what he said.          "If you've got a business, you didn't build that."  Who are you going to believe, CDnumbers or your own ears?
quote
Balph
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Balph
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 244
Location:
#55
Posted: 7/22/2012 3:36:28 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by cd329:

You think GE is the only corporation not paying taxes? man you must be in a coma.


Your comprehension skills are lacking.  A flat tax would achieve the results you desire.  You rail against politicians and corporations but you vote for the status quo.  Why would the politicians (democrats and republicans) give up their source of power?  You despise the one politician that would take on the crony capitalism in both parties.  There was once a company that did not donate to the political parties.  Bill Clinton and Janet Reno of the Democrat party showed them that they needed to pay protection money and sued them for anti-trust.  That company was Microsoft.  Now they give lots of money.  But it is true what they say.  Democrats love employment but they hate employers.
quote
FrontRowCenter send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
FrontRowCenter
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 6467
Location: Florida
#56
Posted: 7/22/2012 3:46:05 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Balph:


You are right!  Obama was in his own element and the crowd was agreeing to everything he said, goading him on and his true feeling showed itself.  As much as he would like to take it back, it is out there now.  No amount of spin can change what he said.          "If you've got a business, you didn't build that."  Who are you going to believe, CDnumbers or your own ears?


+1 
quote
FrontRowCenter send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
FrontRowCenter
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 6467
Location: Florida
#57
Posted: 7/22/2012 3:46:35 PM
Mr. President     I built this !!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzZ0XNptRMA
quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4113
Location: Greece
#58
Posted: 7/22/2012 3:56:35 PM

originally posted by dl36

Obama makes all kinds all stupid statements at times...

But if this is the best that the Mitt supporters have to sit and wait for something to obama related to desperately grasp at for a reason to vote for romney... it really makes them look like

Mitt has nothing to offer...

This is a pretty poor strategy by the GOP/teaparty... has been all along...If obama wins this type of desperation can be credited to contributing to his victory...

Nice work

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Shows that you lack basic understanding of how elections work nowadays. This kind of statement pulls much of the undecided vote closer to Rmoney.

I knew you didn't have much common sense this kind of bullshit just proves me right.


 

quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4113
Location: Greece
#59
Posted: 7/22/2012 4:02:09 PM

originally posted by wallstreetcappers

So who built the stage to make it possible for ANY business to exist in this country?


Of course Obama is 100% correct, the current business owner is a beneficiary of the infrastructure built from generations before.

I didnt see that tv ad, I feel really sad that thanks to my dvr I never have to watch ads or fall prey to garbage like this.
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
GSM statement.....drumroll please!
 
So the same roads, highways, freeways, teachers, infrastructure is available to everyone right?
 
Then according to obamas logic everybody should succeed. No one should fail because the government laid out the foundation for you.
 
Perhaps obama was reffering to the companies like Solyndra where the government went above and beyond and......oh jeesh it still failed, nevermind!
quote
cd329 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cd329
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 18250
Location: United States
#60
Posted: 7/22/2012 6:06:36 PM

Balph, you think romney is gonna save the country

as much as i hate Obama, there is no way this country would be better off with some tax evading rich guy as PRESIDENT.

My God i can see it now, more loopholes created for the rich, for tax cuts for the rich etc etc etc.

I actually think some here were born without a functioning brain

quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23542
Location: United States
#61
Posted: 7/22/2012 7:29:58 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

originally posted by dl36

Obama makes all kinds all stupid statements at times...

But if this is the best that the Mitt supporters have to sit and wait for something to obama related to desperately grasp at for a reason to vote for romney... it really makes them look like

Mitt has nothing to offer...

This is a pretty poor strategy by the GOP/teaparty... has been all along...If obama wins this type of desperation can be credited to contributing to his victory...

Nice work

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Shows that you lack basic understanding of how elections work nowadays. This kind of statement pulls much of the undecided vote closer to Rmoney.

I knew you didn't have much common sense this kind of bullshit just proves me right.


 



your comedy on this site is becoming legendary
quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4113
Location: Greece
#62
Posted: 7/22/2012 8:17:35 PM

dl36

Thats the best you can do?

Try to deflect and make it look like I was making a joke or something?

Please tell me you understand who independent voters are. And then explain how you forgot that this statement may affect them and how they choose to vote.

quote
cd329 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cd329
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 18250
Location: United States
#63
Posted: 7/23/2012 12:29:41 AM

DLL,

If he loses his insurance gig, he should try doing comedy circuit

I know he cracks me up daily

quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23542
Location: United States
#64
Posted: 7/23/2012 4:47:23 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

dl36

Thats the best you can do?

Try to deflect and make it look like I was making a joke or something?

Please tell me you understand who independent voters are. And then explain how you forgot that this statement may affect them and how they choose to vote.



typical "cart before horse" thinking...  you assume that I am wrong because I get under your skin and then try to piece together events to prove your opinion...

and insult me in the process with combative posting... typical bowslit...

You make these assumptions about my views because they dont follow your hansel and gretel bread crumb trails...

Check this thread out...
http://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=87&sub=101196752&page=1

I have an intelligent dialog with your "buddy" canosvp and in the civil exchange of ideas about my views on GOP/teaparty strategy to get indys and dems to change their vote from obama in 2008 to GOP in 2012...

Read it through... you might understand where I was coming from... you might also learn some manners and etiquette by modeling canosvp...  It always boggles my mind that between you two posters that are on the extreme opposite sides of the intelligence spectrum that you say the same thing... but I guess that is the benefit of talking points/puppet strings...

But let me try to explain my reasoning in terms you might understand...  remember your post about rehabilitation for convicts in prison is spending their time watching closed circuit cable tv of people enjoying life and the fruits of their labors?

well your idea says that telling people why they should do something... especially when they have a record of doing it before (like voting for obama)...  you are better off showing them the benefits of making the other choice...  showing people the negatives on their choice may result in not voting for obama again, but does not make them want to therefore vote for romney... 

really simple psychological principles here...

this thinking error is a critical assumption that results in you card house arguments come toppling down...

Lets break it down mathematically...

lets say that in 2008 obama got 280 votes in the last election and 200 votes for mccain/palin...

so in 2012 GOP needs to get 81 voters to not vote obama and have a 100% turn out of mccain/palin 2008 voters

Or...

get 41 voters who went obama in 2008 vote for romney...

So wouldnt it make sense to focus on trying to sell positives/advantages of romney rather then bash obama?

Why would there be such intense focus away from optimal strategy... Unless... there is nothing to sell...

As an undecided voter myself... I want to know/understand romney better to make a more educated decision on who I vote for... and willing to hear the positives of how romney is going to make things better...


wouldn't want to put the cart in front of the horse


quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4113
Location: Greece
#65
Posted: 7/23/2012 12:58:03 PM

dl36

What makes you think the GOP stopped trying to sell the positives of Mittens? Ever heard of multitasking?

One party can sell positives IE Rmoney is better for the economy and polls show it, and attack Obama for his stupid comments which show flaws in the way he thinks.

I've got to be honest here, I'm somewhat amazed how you are trying to come accross as being all profound on this subject when A. You are incorrect. B. Its 7th grade politics.

As for my statement about prisons. Yes I think we give prison inmates too many options.

I think we should execute all murderers with same death row rules and appeals process.

 

quote
FrontRowCenter send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
FrontRowCenter
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 6467
Location: Florida
#66
Posted: 7/23/2012 5:00:25 PM

RNC taps Snoopy's owner after spread of 'I did create this' sign


Steve Webb, owner of Snoopy’s hot dog grill, a Raleigh fixture since 1978, reacted to the sound bite he heard by changing his sign: “Mr. Obama – I did create this business."

After a picture of the sign spread on Twitter, the Republican National Committee recruited Larry Cerilli – Webb’s business partner and co-owner of the restaurant – to elaborate on the sign’s message to reporters during a conference call on Monday.

Cerilli said Webb started the business with nothing more than an old gas station and $6,000. It has expanded to five locations around Raleigh, a testament Cerilli said to taking a chance and working hard to provide a service the community wants.

“I try not to get into politics,” Cerilli said. “But when I heard that … I just said, ‘This has got to stop.’ ”


Read more here: http://projects.newsobserver.com/under_the_dome/rnc_taps_snoopys_owner_after_spread_of_i_did_create_this_sign#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy


Read more here: http://projects.newsobserver.com/under_the_dome/rnc_taps_snoopys_owner_after_spread_of_i_did_create_this_sign#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpyhttp://projects.newsobserver.com/under_the_dome/rnc_taps_snoopys_owner_after_spread_of_i_did_create_this_sign#storylink=cpy
quote
rooster010
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
rooster010
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 10899
Location: Mongolia
#67
Posted: 7/23/2012 5:56:58 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by cd329:

Balph, you think romney is gonna save the country

as much as i hate Obama, there is no way this country would be better off with some tax evading rich guy as PRESIDENT.

My God i can see it now, more loopholes created for the rich, for tax cuts for the rich etc etc etc.

I actually think some here were born without a functioning brain



says the guy who voted for obama because he was bringing hope and change to the white house
quote
AcerRubrum
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
AcerRubrum
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2098
Location:
#68
Posted: 7/23/2012 6:09:02 PM
quote
cd329 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cd329
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 18250
Location: United States
#69
Posted: 7/23/2012 7:10:36 PM

Rooster,

I dont know how many times i have to post this, until you finally get it. I understand you living in the back woods, you didnt get a lot of schooling.

I will try to make this simple for you.

I voted for Obama for one reason and that was because McCain picked that friggin idiot palin. Had he picked a better VP, he was going to get my vote, not that it would have really mattered thou, because am pretty sure the country would still be in the shape its in. I know its tough for guys like you to understand, that the corporations have brain washed all you sheep into believing they are the good guys while they laugh all the way to the bank.

Unlike you Rooster boy, i vote for the person and not the party. Thats because iam capable of using my own mind and dont need any party to tell me who to vote for. Last few elections i have voted for more republicans then democrats for your information.

So now run along, becuase you are a total joke on this site and as a human being

quote
cd329 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cd329
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 18250
Location: United States
#70
Posted: 7/23/2012 7:14:13 PM

and to think our govt says there are no zombies running around.

Maybe they need to check this forum out, because there is a huge number of right winger zombies here

I bet you guys need to call up your party leader to ask if its okay for you to take a crap

quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23542
Location: United States
#71
Posted: 7/23/2012 8:31:24 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

dl36

What makes you think the GOP stopped trying to sell the positives of Mittens? Ever heard of multitasking?

One party can sell positives IE Rmoney is better for the economy and polls show it, and attack Obama for his stupid comments which show flaws in the way he thinks.

I've got to be honest here, I'm somewhat amazed how you are trying to come accross as being all profound on this subject when A. You are incorrect. B. Its 7th grade politics.

As for my statement about prisons. Yes I think we give prison inmates too many options.

I think we should execute all murderers with same death row rules and appeals process.

 



I dont seem to see it... and as an undecided voter... the positives of romney are going to make the decision of whether or not I vote for him...

multitasking as you call it only detracts from optimal strategy from both a psychological and mathematical perspective... 

Did you even read what I wrote?

Do you disagree with my psychological and mathematical reasoning behind optimal strategy?

I just want to make sure you are even comprehending the psychological and mathematical concepts...

quote
cd329 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cd329
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 18250
Location: United States
#72
Posted: 7/23/2012 8:38:48 PM

DL, You really dont expect a guy like slit to fully grasp what you wrote do you? The guy is one step up from used car salesman, they arent taught to understand things like you wrote. 

Write the post in big colorful block letters

quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23542
Location: United States
#73
Posted: 7/23/2012 9:23:05 PM
cd329...  I would think that if he wanted to engage in an intelligent discussion understanding the basic concepts I am presenting is a crucial part of it... and perhaps his misunderstanding of what I am saying results in his insulting and combative posting...

For me there is no need to call him names or engage in insults...

just trying to have an intelligent dialog

quote
mellow_wolf send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mellow_wolf
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3259
Location:
#74
Posted: 7/23/2012 9:34:06 PM
It's a universal truth that all of us need some assistance in our paths to achieve success. No one does it alone. The U.S. provides one of the greatest infrastructures, as well as legal and educational systems to create a strong base for entrepreneurs and others to succeed. 


Here is a direct quote from Mitt Romney speaking to elite American Olympic athletes prior to the 2002 Olympic Games:

“You Olympians, however, know you didn’t get here solely on your own power,” said Romney,  “For most of you, loving parents, sisters or brothers, encouraged your hopes, coaches guided, communities built venues in order to organize competitions. All Olympians stand on the shoulders of those who lifted them. We’ve already cheered the Olympians, let’s also cheer the parents, coaches, and communities. All right! [pumps fist].”


quote
cd329 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cd329
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 18250
Location: United States
#75
Posted: 7/23/2012 10:51:49 PM

Great find Mellow

hey if Mitt says that, its okay

quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 3 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.